Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good teams don't lose to teams like Winthrop...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Good teams don't lose to teams like Winthrop...

Nov 18, 2014, 11:02 AM

oh wait, you mean UNC lost to Belmont last year? or C of C 4 years ago? Give it a rest guys, last night was a bad loss, but they happen, thats why this is basketball not football. There are plenty of chances to make up that game, We have always started slow the last couple of years. What I saw last night was a simple case of a few things, the biggest of which was we tried to force it down low a bit too much. That helped contribute a lot to the turnovers. Also it wasn't the best shooting night for us, and it was a big shooting night for Winthrop. The intentionally foul on Blossomgame was the killer as well, down only one, with a regular foul its only two free throws, after that they had two and still got the ball, it put it out of reach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good teams don't lose to teams like Winthrop...

Nov 18, 2014, 11:06 AM

Their guards were solid. I'd trade ours for theirs in a minute.

Also it does no good for Bloss to draw fouls inside and then brick the ft's. It amounts to same as a turnover

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blossomgame has to fix that...he missed 3 in a row I

Nov 18, 2014, 11:12 AM

believe (lane violation). Brownlee is still trying to find the right combination to put on the floor. Bottom line is if we play our B game (say 10 turnovers, 65% foul shooting) we win by single digits. Also can't discount the 2 prayers that Winthrop threw in for 6 points...and Demarcus was already in foul trouble before he came out on the floor.

Message was edited by: tigermaniac®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2014, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Good teams don't lose to teams like Winthrop... ]

Please e-mail me at years end and list all the unbeaten teams!!!

Foul shooting will improve.

Winthrop will be in the final 64.

The team last season had the luxury of playing in Italy before the season began. A big deal

The beginning of the conference season is unreal ... and very unfair.

BB is a great coach and gentleman We will never do better.

Basketball history is NOT on our side. A long climb to the top. If you want it today, you will always be miserable.

BB needs to step up recruiting ... somehow

Nov 18, 2014, 11:14 AM

You better cool it on Coach B, he is the best coach ever at Clemson. LOL

Note:

Nov 18, 2014, 11:44 AM

we should shoot well on our home floor, or better than the other team, which isn't accustomed to our floor and baskets. This does not bode well for road trips, where you shoot worse.

S'looking like a long season ahead....

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic