Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have a hard time believing Trump’s approval rating among
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 886

I have a hard time believing Trump’s approval rating among

Aug 26, 2019, 9:24 AM

Republican is at 80% now.
While I do like a lot of his policies do not like him

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Full disclosure: I don’t like ANY politician

Aug 26, 2019, 9:35 AM

...but Trump is getting things done despite the enormous effort being made to stop or restrain him from fulfilling the will of the people who voted for him in the last election.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Full disclosure: I don’t like ANY politician

Aug 26, 2019, 11:16 AM

I see this a lot but are you saying that he should only be working towards what the people who voted for him want even though they were in the minority? Not a great recipe for reelection.

Although, to be fair, he hasn't cared about those that didn't vote for him before.

One quick question though, what exactly is he accomplishing? He got a temporary tax cut and Supreme Court nominees which any republican would have done. Beyond that he has nothing that can't be overturned within minutes of the next president taking the oath.

Aug 26, 2019, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Full disclosure: I don’t like ANY politician ]

...but Trump is getting things done...

No, he's not. This is a constantly pushed myth by his supporters, his White House, and the right wing media that adores him. And what he is getting done, it's not good.

His success on campaign promises are far behind that of his predecessor.

I'm still puzzled how the myth of "Trump gets things done" continues to float around. He's done little compared to most presidents in the same time span.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38663043

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Aug 26, 2019, 7:20 PM

Nobody cares what liberals think

Aug 27, 2019, 7:40 AM

And you're still foolish enough to think Trump is a conservative.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Deficit out of control - consumer taxes higher than ever from tariffs

Aug 27, 2019, 9:52 AM

Totally a conservative®

lol..^^didn't care about deficits or debt 2 years ago***

Aug 27, 2019, 10:13 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still don't. I'm laughing at the idea Trump is conservative***

Aug 27, 2019, 10:53 AM

^^ Suddenly doesn't because in love with Trump.***

Aug 27, 2019, 3:15 PM [ in reply to lol..^^didn't care about deficits or debt 2 years ago*** ]

Not in love with Trump.

Aug 30, 2019, 9:36 AM

He's a terrible person, but not near as bad as you paint him out to be, however (I'll leave you your more flagrant examples out).

I gave up complaining and caring about the debt somewhere around the beginning of Obama's 2nd term, and accepted that fact our economy is going to collapse at some point, and every that goes along with that won;t be a very fun time to be around. I just hope it happens after I'm dead.

I do find it pretty amusing now that everyone in here who had no problem with Obama doubling the debt in 8 years is now saying Trump is going to ruin us--after 3 years. Newsflash: It won't matter. We have no more chance of "paying back" $22 Trillion than we did $18 Trillion.

That all started with Bush, 9/11, and Wall Street fiascos

Aug 30, 2019, 1:52 PM

There's been a money grab on both sides of the aisle since Reagan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A rising tide lifts ALL boats

Aug 26, 2019, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Full disclosure: I don’t like ANY politician ]

Don’t feel bad, a lot of people get their perceptions shaped by TV news. As a general rule, the MSM never reports positive news about the President.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/trumps-list-289-accomplishments-in-just-20-months-relentless-promise-keeping

When did Fox News get excluded from MSM?***

Aug 27, 2019, 9:53 AM

Aug 26, 2019, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Full disclosure: I don’t like ANY politician ]

Catahoula said:

...but Trump is getting things done...

No, he's not. This is a constantly pushed myth by his supporters, his White House, and the right wing media that adores him. And what he is getting done, it's not good.

His success on campaign promises are far behind that of his predecessor.

I'm still puzzled how the myth of "Trump gets things done" continues to float around. He's done little compared to most presidents in the same time span.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38663043

Should have read the thread all the way through - including your response - before I fired off myself.

Said pretty much the same down below.

The dude pretty much spins everything as a victory. Seth Meyers put it best when he said you could beat Trump senseless and when he came to, he'd pop up crowing about how he stopped your fist with his face, he is just that detached from actual reality.

Which is bad enough, but somehow his supporters actually seem to buy it.

This point of view cracks me up

Aug 26, 2019, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Full disclosure: I don’t like ANY politician ]

Gotta love political cynicism.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are ALL liars and crooks. Lulz.***

Aug 26, 2019, 10:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Full disclosure: I don’t like ANY politician ]

CUnext said:

...but Trump is getting things done despite the enormous effort being made to stop or restrain him from fulfilling the will of the people who voted for him in the last election.

That leaves me shaking my head.

What exactly is he getting done?

The wall isn't being built to any appreciable extent, and Mexico certainly didn't pay for it.

American manufacturing jobs aren't returning to the US.

Trade wars aren't good, or "easy to win", especially against China. They're just planning on waiting him out, and they - predictably, they always take the long view - are perfectly willing to take the pain.

He hasn't disarmed North Korea. They're back test-firing missiles into the ocean every few days. Now his big plan seems to be to just ignore it.

He hasn't disarmed Iran. They're back enriching nuclear material again...after Obama convinced them to stop for 3+ years. He's doing his best to ignore that too.

He hasn't figured out a way to make "clean beautiful coal" in West Virginia.

He hasn't even figured out how to abolish Obamacare, much less replace it with something better.

The economy isn't growing at the 4% he claimed it would. In fact it looks like it's about to hit a recession in no small part because of the trade war he started and continues to escalate.

He hasn't slowed illegal immigration no matter how many kids he throws in cages. In fact it's ramped up the worse things have gotten in the Northern Triangle countries in Central America.

I feel like I'm forgetting a boatload of extravagant promises, but he's delivered on absolutely none of them.

And oh, yeah, he's divided and embittered America and attacked its institutions and huge segments of its population like no other president in US history.

If that's "getting things done", I'd hate to see what failure looks like.

Aug 27, 2019, 1:00 AM [ in reply to Full disclosure: I don’t like ANY politician ]

CUnext said:

Not sure what you mean by him getting a lot of things done? You can thank the Congressional Republicans for getting the tax cut in place...although, it remains to be seen how valuable that was except for the very wealthy (Trump gave himself a huge tax break too).

Not sure what else he's done. All the promises he made, great healthcare and the like...never happened, he only tried to make it worse. He sold himself as a great negotiator but can't get people to agree with him because he's a victim of something different every day.

I don't get it. What has he done? You can't credit him with the stock markety because it's been trending up since 2009. You can credit him with jobs because Obama created more jobs in the same amount of time in office.

So what's he done beside embarrass our country and denigrate the office of the Presidency? No, you can thank Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell for what ever has been accomplished. Presidents don't pass legislation.

Alright...I really enjoy reading the diverse perspectives

Aug 27, 2019, 9:58 AM

Of everyone here. There is one point constantly made that I vehemently disagree with, though. Trump hasn't divided America. That chasm has been firmly in place for quite a while now. It's not getting better, either.

I would agree. He didn't divide the country

Aug 27, 2019, 10:28 AM

Fox News did.

He went along with it.

He's not the source, but he is the catalyst.

I like your funny words magic man

Very single person with a

Aug 27, 2019, 10:38 AM

View that differs from another's and is unwilling to even consider the other's perspective, is a catalyst. In pretty short order, the 'catalysts are the sources'.

Every...

Aug 27, 2019, 10:38 AM

I'm 'e' challenged...apparently...

You are correct.

Aug 27, 2019, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Alright...I really enjoy reading the diverse perspectives ]

He hasn't. I argue that the big divide started with the Clinton impeachment.

Trump has done all he can to make it worse and wider.

do not trust polls from now until Nov 9,2020

Aug 28, 2019, 5:30 PM

They’re called “suppression polls” meant to demoralize Trumps base. It’s all fake, just like in 2016, and it’s not going to work.

Good russian bot. Good. Good boy.***

Aug 28, 2019, 6:17 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 886
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic