Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A beacon of hope...and, dare say...reality?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,812

A beacon of hope...and, dare say...reality?

Mar 22, 2020, 8:05 PM

That said, there is no doubt whatsoever there will be some here who will pull at their shotgun (metaphorically) and blast the wholly hail out of this...'thesis'. Enjoy yourselves, on that point, perpetuating your bias/agenda. For the rest, form your own conclusions...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-nobel-laureate-predicts-quicker-210318391.html
https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/GsqeclzEBzFTf4_VMrlqfQ--~B/aD01NjA7dz04NDA7c209MTthcHBpZD15dGFjaHlvbg--/https://media.zenfs.com/en/la_times_articles_853/b1f43a807a090a4763a1b5e550fbe620">

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good read. Thank you.***

Mar 22, 2020, 10:55 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A beacon of hope...and, dare say...reality?

Mar 22, 2020, 11:00 PM

I am gonna go ahead and dig up those rolls of toilet paper I buried in the back yard.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 11:26 PM

hope the container was moisture proof.i used a time capsule myself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 23, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: A beacon of hope...and, dare say...reality? ]

Thank you for bringing laughter in a time of uncertainty. I am proud to call you a Clemson brethren.

Had this virus occurred 30 - 40 years ago, prior to the

Mar 23, 2020, 6:48 AM

explosion of social media along with self-appointed gurus on everything from sore feet to butttt-scratching, the public nausea now so rampant wouldn't exist.

What I don't care for is the fear-mongering by folks, based solely on their opinions or simple desires to be fear-mongerers; hence, why I discount and discard their "opinions."

I am completely confident that this scourge will be overcome in due time; I also believe that the country cannot simply shut down for months. We may miss ball games, concerts; have to continue practicing a form of social-distancing for a while.

But if there is one thing I do know about our country, the American people have proven repeatedly throughout our history to be a resilient, inventive, imaginative and determined breed willing to stare adversity in its face, and unite as one people to overcome. That I know; that I am convinced of in this crisis; and that is precisely why I choose not to be fearful nor to panic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2020, 7:04 AM

Definitely hope...not definitely reality.

Mar 23, 2020, 7:13 AM

The article is spot on. This thing hasn’t caused near the damage that the seasonal flu does every year and without social media we wouldn’t even be going through this “pandemic”.

Mar 23, 2020, 7:20 AM

Of course it hasn't caused the damage of the seasonal flu, because not as many people catch it at this stage. It's far more deadly though. We have no idea exactly what the future holds. The article is just speculation. Nothing more.

Mar 23, 2020, 7:51 AM

Come on Carlsbad , you can't see for yourself how the mainstream media made this virus spread all over the planet ?
You can't convince people like that coot ... best to let them just peck in the dirt and go about your business .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 23, 2020, 7:57 AM

Yep...we need to keep an open mind.

Mar 23, 2020, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: A beacon of hope...and, dare say...reality? ]

You're hilarious .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 23, 2020, 9:25 AM

Why would anyone form a conclusion on one person’s opinion?

There isn’t even a link to where he predicted China’s final numbers weeks ago, we’re just supposed to take his word that he predicted almost identical to the number? Errr

Mar 23, 2020, 1:05 PM

EXCELLENT ARTICLE!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,812
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic