Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why, if you are a clemson official
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Why, if you are a clemson official

Feb 11, 2019, 7:21 PM

Did you not gather the entire team together immediately after the last game and give each and every player the same ped test? Perhaps they did and I hope that they did. It wouldn’t be necessary to release the results to anyone but you would know if it was a random incident that involved only these three or if perhaps it came from something in the training that was issued to others. A full team test perhaps would not provide the answer but it sure would narrow the suspects!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good question, but that's a huge risk...

Feb 11, 2019, 7:35 PM

...what if several others tested positive? I doubt we can do clandestine in-house testing without officially reporting results to the NCAA and risking other players being suspended for a year as well. And if we didn't report it, and word got out, whoa be unto Dabo and our program for what would ensue. That would be a very risky move.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Good question, but that's a huge risk...

Feb 11, 2019, 7:48 PM

Clemson as well as all other schools random test throughout the year. I have never heard whether they report the results or not. Interesting question that perhaps our reporter could ask. Perhaps this is the reason that Bama hasn’t released the reasons for their suspensions.

If Dabo is totally convinced that this test given to Lawrence et al was a fluke why hesitate to test everyone?

Re: Good question, but that's a huge risk...

Feb 12, 2019, 9:24 AM

Any positive test for a substance with a mandatory NCAA suspension must be reported.

It would be a major violation to have positive PED tests and not report them.

The good news is that this means if anyone else was tested that they were negative.

Well technically they could have told the NCAA and not the public, but I'm hoping that everyone else was clear.

What makes you so sure it didn't happen.

Feb 11, 2019, 8:51 PM

We never saw Martavis benched for weed and we know Dabo ain't taking nothing off these kids since he treats them like he does his own. Dabo doesn't lord over the boys but if he suspect an issue he goes after it tooth and nail.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What makes you so sure it didn't happen.

Feb 11, 2019, 9:06 PM

I clearly stated that I DIDN’T know...... and likely never will!

Further testing ‘could’ clear everyone else. That is my point

Re: What makes you so sure it didn't happen.

Feb 12, 2019, 9:58 AM

No. It would clear them for that day.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

public univ, so couldn't someone file a FOIA request?***

Feb 12, 2019, 8:17 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: public univ, so couldn't someone file a FOIA request?***

Feb 12, 2019, 8:35 AM

Does anyone know if school random drug testing for college athletes fall under HIPPA? If it does, then results cannot be released without the permission of the individual. It must have been the Tigers decision to release the info on the 3 Tigers while Bama decided not to. I searched the web and could not find any list of NCAA drug test failures. If it was public, it should have been available.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO! Because

Feb 12, 2019, 9:56 AM

That still doesn't tell you where the problem is.

They sampled a representative portion of the team when the problem occurred.

The cost is very high.

The original sample that tested positive occurred 4 or 5 weeks earlier, was a trace and the half life is 24 hours so waiting 5 more weeks would probably be negative.

If they sample and find something - they have to suspend them by NCAA Rule.

They are already searching diligently for the source in everything common to the positive tests. If they find something - they still don't have the source. What next - a search of every player's dorm room or apartment? That's certainly illegal!

Once we start testing everyone - you immediately become guilty by association and it will be used against us in recruiting.

"Hey - you want to go to Clemson, where they test every player on the team at random times for anything in their system."

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic