Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hello Tiger fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Hello Tiger fans

Oct 15, 2014, 12:17 PM

First I want to wish Watson a speedy and complete recovery. He’s a rare talent. A few observations:

1. Clemson will not win by simply “out athleting” BC as some have said. BC is always at an athletic disadvantage vs. teams like Clemson and FSU yet we have 7 wins against those teams since joining the ACC.

2. Some have pointed to Clemson’s effectiveness at stopping the run in last year’s game as an indication of what will happen on Saturday. I would argue that such a comparison isn’t valid because BC’s offense is significantly different this year. I appreciate everything Chase Rettig did but Addazio tailored the offense to the personnel he inherited. Now he has the QB he wants to run his system behind a very experienced and physical OL. Their game is to get to the edge and create assignment problems for the defense and they’ve been successful with that. If you want to read a more detailed analysis check this out

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9/16/6153325/boston-college-football-offense-usc-defense.

Now before you people get all bent out of shape I’m not saying we’ll repeat that performance on Saturday (even though USC also out athletes BC). It’s certainly possible that Clemson can stifle BC’s running game but I wouldn’t use last year as a barometer.

3. I think it’s a mistake to call BC’s offense one-dimensional. I realize stats don’t tell the whole story but a comparison shows that 29% of BC’s yards have been through the air and 31% of Clemson’s have been on the ground. On top of that Watson was a legitimate running threat but Stoudt definitely is not which makes Clemson even more dependent on the passing game. If you want to call BC one-dimensional you’d have to say Clemson is 1.2-dimensional.

I think this is a great matchup.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cut to the chase and tell us what we want to know...

Oct 15, 2014, 12:19 PM

is there active bc bored out there anywhere?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

...that you don't have to pay for***

Oct 15, 2014, 12:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

moran

Oct 15, 2014, 12:20 PM

resident travel agent supposedly paying

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

in all seriousness lou

Oct 15, 2014, 12:23 PM

good to see you again... and is this you?

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen

Oct 15, 2014, 12:26 PM

including the dumb coots who wore the coots 4 LSU shirts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Ha! No, my head would collapse under that weight.***

Oct 15, 2014, 12:26 PM [ in reply to in all seriousness lou ]

wow! is it loud up there?***

Oct 15, 2014, 12:31 PM [ in reply to in all seriousness lou ]

Lou-question for you

Oct 15, 2014, 12:35 PM

Why is a team that lost to Colorado State a good matchup for Clemson?

TIA, I'll hang up and listen.

Good question

Oct 15, 2014, 1:02 PM

For reasons known only to the coaching staff BC didn't use all its weapons against Colorado State which is 5-1 so they're not a bad team. I like the progress we've made on defense and this is a conference game at home so I'm expecting a performance closer to the USC game.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic