Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Game control, updated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Game control, updated

Nov 10, 2016, 7:22 PM

I think a statistic that is commonly not looked at is amount of time trailed. This is an update, of a thread I started a couple weeks ago. I know the only thing that matters in the game is having a lead when the clock hits zero, but how much time you spent behind in a game can give you a good idea of how much you are in control of said game.

As an example, other fans and pundits look st the Louisville game and think they "were one yard away from winning", or that Louisville controlled the game better than Clemson. What is more interesting to me is the fact that we only trailed in that game for a little less than 14 minutes.

Clemson has only trailed against 5 of their nine opponents (Auburn, Troy, Louisville, BC, and FSU). Amazing to think that we never trailed against NC State. Also, we only trailed Auburn, Troy, and BC in the first half, for a total of a little more than 9 minutes. Even more interesting is the fact we have only trailed for a total of 7 individual times!

Clemson has done an amazing job of controlling games, hats off to the coaches and players.

So, the total amount of time Clemson has trailed this year is 40 minutes 53 seconds. We have played 540 minutes of football, which means Clemson has only trailed 7.5% of total time played. Let that sink in. Over 90 percent of the time we have been tied or had a lead. That, imo, is the definition of a dominant football team!

Go Tigers, beat Pitt!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post - thanks for the data.***

Nov 10, 2016, 7:41 PM

Now calculate Bama's stats.***

Nov 10, 2016, 8:22 PM

Re: Now calculate Bama's stats.***

Nov 10, 2016, 8:39 PM

Alabama has trailed on 4 occasions. Believe it or not, they actually trailed the real USC for almost 20 minutes. Ole miss led over half the game. They trailed UK For 7 minutes. They also trailed 6 mins to Tx A&M.

Alabama has trailed for a total of 65 minutes 6 seconds, or a little over 12% of the time.

Nov 10, 2016, 8:45 PM

Michigan has only trailed twice all season. Colorado led over half the game. Michigan State led for 3 minutes

Michigan has trailed for a total of 34:32 or 6.4% of the time. They have also played only one team that I would consider decent.

Nov 10, 2016, 8:52 PM

Last is Washington. They have trailed against 3 teams for a total of 22 minutes 7 seconds, 4.1% of the time. They have also played no one!

Michigan has played Wisconsin and Penn State

Nov 10, 2016, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Now calculate Bama's stats.*** ]

Wisconsin is a very good team and Penn State is a pretty good team. Now they have played no one on the road. In fact only played one game outside the state of Michigan. Washington has played Utah which is a pretty good team and that is it so far.

Re: Michigan has played Wisconsin and Penn State

Nov 10, 2016, 9:53 PM

I'll give you that Wisconsin is pretty good. But Pitt beat Penn St., I'm not buying them. Neither am I buying Utah. We have played 3 teams better than Utah, imo

Starting a new thread for South Carolina Game control!

I respect your skills

Nov 10, 2016, 8:56 PM

If you can give me that for every team in the NC double A I will give you 10% of my cut! Seriously that is awesome

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I respect your skills

Nov 10, 2016, 9:13 PM

Lol, I should do The coots. Actually I will do them. Let me dust off my calculator real quick...

You might need a supercomputer for that.

Nov 10, 2016, 9:16 PM

BIG numbers being calculated!

~JKB

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic