Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Downside of the Bye Week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Downside of the Bye Week

Oct 1, 2019, 1:46 PM

I wonder if Coach Dabo would prefer not to have the bye this week. I can think of two reasons not to want it. First, I would think that the players and coaches are anxious to get out there and prove that the anemic play at UNC was an aberration. Second, the bye gives the lame stream sports media another week to pick at Clemson, particularly if some of the others in the top 5 or 6 have big weekends. I really don't know how these miscreants who write for sports pages and squawk on TV and radio can turn on the Tigers so fast. If they actually watched the game, rather than feed off of each other like some little kid's whisper game, they would see a team that made a lot of plays when it needed to do so, and for all intents and purposes still dominated a game in which its opponent played its absolute best football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All your Bye Weeks are belong to us!***

Oct 1, 2019, 1:48 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Name a talking head that you admire.

Oct 1, 2019, 1:49 PM

Re: Downside of the Bye Week

Oct 1, 2019, 1:56 PM

I can understand your first take about wanting to get back out there, but I would imagine that is being balanced out by the thought that we don't mind having a week to focus on ourselves instead of a gameplan in an attempt to fix what has been called a sputtering offense.

I don't think the second part of your assumption could be any less true. If the coaches or players are sad that the media is talking down about them or moving them down in the polls, then they are not the same as the teams that we have had recently. I would think they are loving every minute of it and hope it gets worse next week to add a little fuel to the fire.

On the opposite side of this, FSU players looked like they thought they were the greatest team in the land after their win over NC State last Saturday. I hope they sit around and think about how wonderful they are for two weeks while waiting to play a Clemson team that is "showing that they can be beaten".

Good points . . . except that

Oct 1, 2019, 2:05 PM

Clemson did not dominate UNC on the whole at all.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic