Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are we all going to get the virus eventually?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 612

Are we all going to get the virus eventually?

Apr 8, 2020, 12:11 AM

can they make a vaccine for this virus? Or, will it mutate quickly to render vaccines ineffective? TIA to P&R epidemiologists.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well there are other options...

Apr 8, 2020, 12:17 AM

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/saudi-scientists-say-people-already-infected-with-camel-herpes-may-be-immuned-to-covid-19/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well there are other options...

Apr 8, 2020, 12:29 AM

I sat on a camel once. Am I vaccinated, or do I have to hump it?

Good news. Got a camel with questionable morals

Apr 8, 2020, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Well there are other options... ]

I cam borrow? Really, there's likely something people have gotten out there that provides immunity. Not sure I'd want camel herpes though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are we all going to get the virus eventually?

Apr 8, 2020, 12:17 AM

Apr 8, 2020, 12:40 AM

I’ve gotten the flu vaccine sporadically. I think I had the flu around 10 years ago. #### brought me to my knees. Every muscle in my body felt like it had been maxed out. I tested negative, so I’ve guessed if it wasn’t the flu, it was some bacterial infection that went through my bloodstream. It was hard to lift a gallon of milk to pour into the kids cereal.

Apr 8, 2020, 12:46 AM

Apr 8, 2020, 1:04 AM

Yeah, had a fever the entire time. Could’ve been mono I guess. Had some mental confusion too. Had just started a new job and went back earlier that I would’ve had I been in an established job.

just spitballing here

Apr 8, 2020, 12:52 AM

I mean if you are healthy just go ahead and get it, lock yourself in a motel for 10 days, and then you can get a positive anti body screening which basically means you are incapable of getting others sick. Then you could be one of the first ones to go back out and play.

and no, they will develop a vaccine for it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: just spitballing here

Apr 8, 2020, 1:11 AM

I’m thinking that’s good advice. Cardiologist neighbor told me we’re all going to get it and most of will be fine. Read a study where they tested 60 people in Italy that said they hadn’t caught it and 40 tested positive for it. I think Most of us will be exposed to it and won’t show symptoms...hoping that’s the case.

Re: just spitballing here

Apr 8, 2020, 1:25 AM

Apr 8, 2020, 8:54 AM

i believe that i already had it, sore throat, chills, fever, cough that lasted 6 weeks

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Immunity doesn't last forever - ever had a cold or the flu?

Apr 8, 2020, 9:12 AM

The flu vaccine plus immunity helps, but it does not last forever. And we may or may not be able to develop a vaccine.

One reason there is no cure (or vaccine) for the common cold is that there are multiple viruses that cause what we call a cold and some are corona viruses.

As I have said from the beginning, this thing is a VIRUS and it behaves like a virus. And we will deal with it like a virus. Let's hope for mutations that kill it out, warm weather to slow it, and her immunity to build quickly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cold

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes but not everyone will get sick.

Apr 8, 2020, 9:45 AM

It would be nice to find someone to estimate that without trusting ourselves to the same people who missed the original projections so badly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 612
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic