Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody, how was your Christmas?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody, how was your Christmas?

Dec 26, 2019, 8:04 AM

If you didn't celebrate Christmas yesterday, please feel free to feel left out.

My day was excellent other than getting a later start on the NC drive. I ended up with a smoker and air compressor that I don't have to use my own money for and I am stoked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great.

Dec 26, 2019, 8:20 AM

There were times on my drive to and from SC last night on 85 when no other cars going north or south were to be seen. Glorious, reminded me of driving 25 years ago.

Sunday when I make the same drive will be h3ll

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ate too much but that's already been reported....***

Dec 26, 2019, 8:33 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, the feast was something to behold.

Dec 26, 2019, 8:38 AM

Steak, shrimp, spring rolls, lobster, crab. Some cookies, peppermint bark, cake.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Expectedly quiet. We celebrate on Christmas Eve

Dec 26, 2019, 8:43 AM

with both boys, spouse/girlfriend, grandson - they do the in-laws/girlfriend's parents on Christmas.

Binge watched Witcher, do recommend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great.

Dec 26, 2019, 8:56 AM

I set up my router table and table saw.
Then I started taping up rooms to be painted.
Hoping to have the house fully painted by the end of the day Sunday.

Have fun with that. I loathe getting ready to paint.

Dec 26, 2019, 9:00 AM

I'd really hate it when I had brand new house built.

Eh, I'd rather spend ~$700 to have it done in the color

Dec 26, 2019, 9:17 AM

... I want vs. spending $4k financed over 30 years in a color I would settle for. It was almost laughable to me that they would charge that much if you wanted a color other than flat white, and when I asked what the difference in cost and labor was to do it, the response was, "none."

There must be some foolish consumers that are willing to pay

Dec 26, 2019, 9:21 AM

that. If they didn't even bother to lie to you about a difference in labor cost, then there is no reason, other than idiot consumers, they a buyer can't drop off the paint they want from the start.

Speaking of, I've got to get on the ball with re-sanding and repainting my bathroom ceiling. Winter had made it worse.

Well, it's the difference between asking the design center

Dec 26, 2019, 9:48 AM

and asking the construction superintendent.

When you know the trades, and the only difference is that you pour a different color paint into the paint sprayer, it's a little frustrating.

Re: Great.

Dec 27, 2019, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Great. ]

I would rather stick my wiener in a meat grinder or pass a stone the size of Rushmore.

Nope on painting. Ever. Nope.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like Father G we celebrated Christmas Eve

Dec 26, 2019, 9:03 AM

Then I found one present that hadn't been unwrapped.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weird.

Dec 26, 2019, 9:06 AM

Didn't see anybody I know on this planet in real life yesterday. Wife made a last minute trip to AZ with the kids last week because her mom was having potentially life-threatening surgery (she's fine, thankfully, but spent Christmas in the hospital). So I've been managing the mutts for the past week and looking at tickets out there (with a football game as a travel bonus). Situation has gotten progressively more tense with her family and she doesn't want to be out there, but can't fly 4 people back until it's affordable, which happens to be the 2nd. So I stayed put. And I've been sick since Sunday with a sore throat and congestion.

So basically, besides a trip to Costco on Monday and taking my dad to pick up his car on Tuesday, I've been isolated in my house. It's....weird. I got to watch the kids open presents yesterday over the Amazon Show, but it was chaotic and annoying. Ready for them to be back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When is the last time you washed?***

Dec 26, 2019, 9:09 AM

Crimmas Eve. I might wander towards the shower today.

Dec 26, 2019, 9:19 AM

Also might not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whale.....

Dec 26, 2019, 9:26 AM

Christmas is a process, and not a day. Quite honestly I can't recall exactly when and where everything occurred. But anyway it went well. It's over. Everyone survived. Kids had a great Christmas. Dad's chf kicks in this time of year, and it's acting up, so off to handle that today with the doctor. Back to werk manana.

I got a gift card and a coffee mug. Wife got a zero balance on her credit card and chocolate. Kids got RC planes, stuffed alligators, Nintendo switch, a Raspberry Pi, a playhouse like you see in front of trailers between Pelion and Swansea, baked Christmas cookies, also did two stints at the inlaws. Took the crew to see dad. Mom got to see Christmas morning with the kids. But most importantly, we spent an evening in the House of the Lord celebrating the birth of Jesus. Every son sang in a different age-group choirs in two services.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Family filled

Dec 26, 2019, 9:34 AM

Always stressful when there's a lot of family included, but we made it through. Also expecting the tallest baby in the world in July now. Goodbye money and sleep. Hello NBA salary in T-19 years.

ROH

I saw, congrats.

Dec 26, 2019, 9:36 AM

I can breath now that You, 30Rack, and Lakebum have all gotten married and made babies before I did. I am certain there was a pool for this and I have one countless dollars.

Yeah, we put it on social media yesterday.

Dec 26, 2019, 9:40 AM

We weren't planning on it, but the MIL basically said if we didn't she would so we made a post for her to share.

Of all of us, I would have had my money on Lakebum and you as the holdouts forever.

ROH

Whoa, congrats!

Dec 26, 2019, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Family filled ]

Will probably be like a 3 day birth because of how tall he/she/nongenderspecific is. I believe that's how these things work.

Re: Whoa, congrats!

Dec 26, 2019, 9:41 AM

I was over a 12 hour labor and my wife was an even larger baby than me so she's probably in for a treat.

ROH

I was 5 lbs. 12 oz when I was born, and look where I

Dec 26, 2019, 9:45 AM

ended up.

Congarts.

Dec 26, 2019, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Family filled ]

You’ll enjoy the seventh child as much as you will this first one.

Excellent...

Dec 26, 2019, 9:37 AM

We celebrated with my dad last weekend and that was the awesome.

Worked til about noon and then finished up some shopping. Had my mom over for dinner Christmas eve and the kids all had a great time as did she. Cooked an 8 pound standing rib roast on the egg, brussels sprouts on the griddle and mashed potatoes inside. Mom brought mac and cheese and we made some of those wonder bread rolls. Ate like a pig and skipped dessert because full. Got the kids to bed and set up the house for Christmas day.

Christmas day woke up and fooled around with wife then got baby and the younger boy downstairs. Eventually all the kids were up so we opened presents which were all a hit. Then breakfast on the griddle. Pancakes were perfect as were the eggs, but I overcooked the bacon a bit. No one complained. Then the older kids all had to leave to go to their other parents and we were bummed for a bit until we rallied with It's a Wonderful Life and then I fell asleep because exhausted and had one too many martinis and no real dinner. Back at work today.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, and I got a new suit...

Dec 26, 2019, 12:13 PM

several light sweaters and a blackstone griddle for Christmas. Dang near every kid got headphones of some kind, wife got some new boots and clothes and oldest daughter got a patagucci duffle she wanted. The baby was cheap this year, but probably not next year when she starts to get an idea what's going on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh, and I got a new suit...

Dec 27, 2019, 11:05 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Survived

Dec 26, 2019, 10:30 AM

Ate my frustrations with in laws to excess. Today’s dump should be epic.

Got a cool bbq apron that folds up into a grilling tool roll.

And a bunch of junk that will go to goodwill next week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Awesome except one part...

Dec 26, 2019, 10:35 AM

We did Christmas with our 3.5 year old at our house then headed up to the lake to finish Christmas with the in-laws. I mentioned on here a couple days ago that I supplied a pretty nice rib roast for the dinner festivities. Gave FIL recipe. He did the cook on the grill because that’s how I normally do it out of convenience. Always works great and keeps the kitchen from getting balls hot. It came out looking spectacular. I mean really nice. I had paid pretty good attention to the goings on with the cook up until my FIL goes to carve it. That’s when, at least IMO, and I was the only one who noticed, the proverbial #### hit the fan. He sliced the #### thing 90 degrees from the proper slicing direction. I didn’t notice till he was about half through, and then I mentioned that I “think” you’re supposed to slice it this way.” He said “oh, really.” I confirmed. Then he rotated it 90 degrees and kept cutting, but the damage had been done. I was just in disbelief of what had just happened. At least I’m the only one who noticed, and everyone was very satisfied with their meal. I’ve been wondering if HEB may have them on sale today so I can get another one and have a proper slice, this time as thick as I want. Live and learn, I guess. I blame myself.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Reminds me of the days when I ran the BBQ

Dec 26, 2019, 10:57 AM

competition. I was a few dats out of wisdom tooth surgery and things we still kinda tender. One of the best cooks up there did some brisket on Friday night. He cuts a piece and I go to chewing. He looks and ask's "What's wrong?" I tell him about my teeth and how I'm having to be easy and THEN he say "No, wait, I cut it wrong." Next piece I could smash with my tongue.

"one of the best cooks out there" cut the brisket wrong?

Dec 26, 2019, 11:10 AM

Your math don't check out, amigo. That's 101 stuff.

Let me rephrase as I don't remember where he placed in

Dec 26, 2019, 11:27 AM

anything. However, he got his entry money to me on time, made hash the first year, and never bugged me about a ####### generator. Those sorry ### cook teams always needing a generator. Like hell they do. All the need is running water.

That's like cutting a brisket the wrong way.

Dec 26, 2019, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Awesome except one part... ]

I usually align everything on an undressed brisket and then make a strategic slice of the last 2" of the tail end of the flat, aligned with the exact cross-grain in the middle. Since you can't see the grain on a cooked brisket with proper bark, you better know beforehand how you're gonna be slicing it.

Do you have any options at this point as far as trading out FILs?

Very good Christmas.

Dec 26, 2019, 12:00 PM

Spent Christmas Eve at the German Christmas Village uptown Charlotte. Nice, relaxing afternoon with the Mrs. And Joonyer (his fiance was with her family in Delaware, Joonyer flew out for there early this morning). Came home and picked up RH Mom and went out to eat, ended up at Outback because almost nothing was open, but the burger I had was surprisingly great. Back to the house to open presents, then crash.

Slept in Christmas Day, piled in the car to get to the feast at RH Aunt's for lunch. Perfectly cooked steaks and all the trimmings. Back home to do stockings with Mrs. and Joonyer, then a nice quiet relaxing evening of pretty much nothing. Had a few beers and enjoyed the quiet, and that was PERFECT.

Snared some excellent musical items...wireless set up for the bass, a good tuner pedal, a really nice new strap with spring-loaded locks so no dropped instruments. Also got a bunch of gift cards for the music store so I'll go get my new Fender bass head off layaway next week.

After many years of a frantic two days of coming and going, it was nice to not have that this year. Since mom-in-law passed at the beginning of the year, I sort of figured the bro-in-law family would drift into their own thing and I was right. Sort of hurt Mrs. Tig's feelings but I was actually good with it and happy to start our own traditions and be a little more relaxed. I think we accomplished that, and I'm gonna give the holiday a full 11/10.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I celebrate Christmas every day.

Dec 26, 2019, 2:55 PM

Each day I give thanks for Christ being born in my heart. If you do not celebrate His birth in your soul please say so and I will remember you as I celebrate His birth today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We ate dinner at Waffle House.

Dec 27, 2019, 7:17 AM

It was that or Chinese.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic