Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. I just want to update all of you
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Good morning everybody. I just want to update all of you

Dec 30, 2017, 12:58 PM

who have prayed for my dad the past few days. I have very much appreciated all of your messages and tmails. I shared many of them with my dad and my mother in the past few days. This morning about 2 am he passed away. It was a very quick turn of events over the past few days. He will be sorely missed by not only his family, but many, many former players he coached and student he taught at Reidville Elemantary, Duncan Elementary , and D.R. Hill. My dad was an alum of Wofford, Furman, and Clemson.

I shared this story several years ago and I want to repeat it now. In 1992 or 1993, my dad, my mother, and my wife went to the North Carolina game in Chapel Hill and stayed in the team hotel....Not our teams, but the dad gum blue bellies. Well, my dad, always the jokester, and I got on the elevator to go down for the game. When the door opened, five of the biggest t
Tarheels you ever saw were on the elevator. They were wearing baby blue sport coats with stiff white collars with UNC embroidered on them. We step in and my dad, about 5'11" at that time, had his nose stuck squarely in the chest of the middle tarheel, and my dad says,"Uhm , do you fellas play football"..( they were all about 6'5", 280Lbs) and the middle one, in a deep bass voice says,"Yessir, we are the STARTING OFFINSIVE LINE FOR THE UNIVERSITY of NORTH CAROLINA TARHELLS"........

.....My dad, nose still buried in his chest says,"Huh, Where's your big guys".....I thought I was gonna fall out on the floor and die from laughing that very minute!

I will miss him greatly!

Spud

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic