Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 610

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Aug 10, 2020, 7:54 AM

Friday night: Not much of anything ate at home and watched some horror movie.

Saturday: Woke up with goals of getting tons done around the house, got nothing done as sharkgirl has a terrible case of poison ivy and I was just lazy.

Sunday, more lazy. Realized around supper time I could smell a little bit again so maybe I'm on the back side of this Covid thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Aug 10, 2020, 7:55 AM

Friday – Drove home from Sugar Mountain. Had left over Mike’s pizza and a cold beer.

Sattidy – Paid bills, did housey chores but had a rack of ribs (dry rubbed of course) for dinner. Thought $28.95 for a full rack with no sides was starting to get pricey. Watched the PGA.

Sunday – Laid low during the day, read, watched the am shows. Cooked a nice lemon-pepper tuna on the grill.

Mebbe 7/10….boat is getting a tune-up…

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Aside from canceled football season earthquake viruses…

Aug 10, 2020, 7:59 AM

It was a satisfactory weekend.

Friday, knocked off work a little early, gathered up wife, dog, beer, and headed to the pool. There was a new BBQ truck coming to the neighborhood, so we planned to eat there but after walking down the street at 6:15 to find out they were completely out of food, we called in an order to Luigi and Sons for Italian food. Delicious Eggplant Parmesan, hung out with Mom & Sis for a while, then back home for more beers and watched Day 1 and 2 of the Braun Brothers Reunion.

Saturday, Mrs. And I teamed up on the yard and mowed/trimmed, then moved inside to knock out house chores. Ran a few errands, then back home to gather up wife, dog, beers and head back to the pool. Headed home around 7 and cooked some burgers & tots. Drank more beers and watched Day 3 of Braun Brothers Reunion.

Sunday, lazy morning, played bass for an hour, then after lunch headed over to our drummer’s studio since he had a rare day off from caring for his 90 year old father. Helped him set up some amps and tune some of his stringed instruments, we played for a couple of hours to his karaoke set up, which actually worked pretty well as a click track. Quite enjoyed running through Ampeg VT60 amp set up, great rock and roll growl and a completely different vibe from my Fender Rumble rig. Back home around 4 to walk the pup, then back over to Mom’s and grilled kabobs with lots of fresh veggies and grilled corn on the cob. Delicious end to the weekend. Came home and watched a couple of episodes of Shameless, the crashed.

18.98/19 Covids.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Aug 10, 2020, 8:04 AM

Sunday evening I learned college football will likely be canceled. TERRIBLE weekend!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bittersweet, but good.

Aug 10, 2020, 8:04 AM

This was lil'APM's last weekend with us before he heads off to college and the last weekend before Mrs. PAW has to start work in the school system. So things are about to get very different around here.

But this weekend it was what has become our usual routine, with lil'APM's favorite foods made by Momma one more time. It was fine.

This week lil'APM has his Eagle Scout court of honor on Tuesday, then it's littlest APM's birffday on Wednesday, then it's off to Elon on Friday. It'll be a blur, and probably won't fully hit Mrs. PAW and APM until a little later.

True fact - APM does not love this stage of life. Parents dying, kids leaving. Kinda sucks. But you know, every day above ground, etc, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Awshids

Aug 10, 2020, 8:08 AM

All the coronacrap has everyday the same. That's good and bad but I have a hard time even remembering what day it is. Oh, today, happy birthday to me. Too man candles but better than the alternative.

One good thing...I sold my year-old roof top tent for nearly what I paid for it. New one is mo betta.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Standard Covid Avoidance Weekend

Aug 10, 2020, 8:10 AM

Friday worked and then took kids to pool (I think) and we swam until about 9:00 pm. I think we also had takeout from Garden Cafe in York. People got us a nice gift card when Dad died so we all shared that. Had a few beverages but the skeeters started to come out. Kids watched Ant Man, I slept.

Saturday up for a solo run around the house, then back to the house to get kids and take them for a run/bike ride. Wife had a Clemson Women's Alumni call from 9:00-12:30 so we had to get out of the house. They did a little over 5 miles on bikes while I ran along with them. Picked up 3 more 18x24" frames from Michael's (Buy 1, get 2) and then got a new tube for my bike at the bike shop. Back to the house with Subway for lunch then directly to the pool. We swam from about 2:00 to maybe 8:00. Neighbors brought BBQ because people bring food when there is a death (this is the theme for the last couple weeks) so we drank and ate and I may have had a little too much.

Sunday slept in a little and went for a run/bike ride with kids, wife, and one dog. It was too hot. Kids couldn't keep going, dog started wanting to quit, bad choice. Got him water and some lunch for us then Publix for groceries and we got back to the house. Back to the pool and I made some Mint Juleps with fresh mint in mom's garden. Two of those, a little loose legged, ate a salad for dinner and then watched Widespread Panic live from Red Rocks from 2002. It was great.

Back to work again.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dustin Johnson, convicted felon, didn't win the PGA, so not

Aug 10, 2020, 8:22 AM

bad.

Does he say "DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN?" when

Aug 10, 2020, 9:20 AM

he birdies?

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIFY: Does he say "DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN?

Aug 10, 2020, 9:24 AM

when he birdies Paulina Gretzky?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Find a sexier name than Paulina. You can't.***

Aug 10, 2020, 9:26 AM

Paul

Aug 10, 2020, 9:29 AM

CS02

Gretchen***

Aug 10, 2020, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Find a sexier name than Paulina. You can't.*** ]

Shtephen***

Aug 10, 2020, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Find a sexier name than Paulina. You can't.*** ]

Aug 10, 2020, 8:51 AM

Did some trot-lining with minimal success. Only had two cats, but it was enough for about 12 servings. Going to try deeper water next weekend. Murray might be too warm...

Built two deer corn feeders and set them up in the woods. Put out some salt rocks and got my trail cameras working.

Nabbed a new pair of shoes (non Adidas) at the mall and got daughter geared up for Tennis.

Drank some, ate some wings and catfish. All in all a good weekend.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Yooooooo, nice kicks

Aug 10, 2020, 8:58 AM

These too.

https://www.vans.com/shop/the-simpsons-x-vans-slide-on-dohnut?icn=landing-page_aem_shop-now

Got these for my daughter.

Aug 10, 2020, 9:15 AM

https://www.vans.com/shop/the-simpsons-x-vans-comfycush-slip-on-springfield?icn=landing-page_aem_shop-now

The Simpsons is what she and I bond over. I showed her a picture of the shoes and said "EPIC!".

lulz, kids

My neighbor and I put trotline....

Aug 10, 2020, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

On Clouds Creek. Close to Traffic Circle. We always caught plenty of cats and gar. Murray is gonna be hot most everywhere.

I've been up around that way plenty of times.

Aug 10, 2020, 1:10 PM

Gar... gross.

Aggravating errands

Aug 10, 2020, 9:34 AM

and swimming.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

You know, if you throw on a weight vest before you jump in

Aug 10, 2020, 9:37 AM

the pool, you'll get twice the exercise in half the time, and never have to worry about errands again.

East Coast Party don't ever End.....

Aug 10, 2020, 10:17 AM

Found some old party supplies Thursday night.

Friday finished Medicare coverage. New Supplemental Card from BCBS today. Went to pharmacy twice to get prescriptions. One was free and one $250 (will be $47 next time with Medicare).Watched westerns. Fixed Granny and me spaghetti.

Saturday went to country. Watched westerns. Watched Roseanne. Watched Man with Atomic Brain. Made Chili and rice for Granny and Me.

Sunday slept in. Watched Untouchables, Happy Days, Mama's Family, Bigfoot in Alaska, 2 and 1/2 Men, AFV, Simpsons, etc. Made Chicken and fettuccine with baby veggies for Granny and Me.

Now Watching Andy Griffith and posting on Tnet.

Aug 10, 2020, 10:54 AM

A lot of driving.

Friday at a funeral in a small town in SC with a crazy preacher. Funeral started out so sad. Everyone was crying or barely holding back tears. Then the preacher went so nutty that it helped make it impossible to cry. The only thing missing were the snakes. He went on for an hour. I almost forgot my friend was laying in a casket there. It seemed like the preacher forgot too. Overall it was a sad funeral and it made feel worried about everything I love dying. Anyway, got drunk afterwards at a friends.

Sat. Drove to my Mom's in Wilmington and had a couple bottles of wine with her and relaxed all day. I drank 80% of the two bottles of course.

Sunday. Watched golf and went on a long walk.

Overall, kind of an odd weekend.

Chain sawed 3 trees down Sat morning

Aug 10, 2020, 11:19 AM

Got a good margarita drunk Sat evening going as I was tasked at making volumous ritas for the adults at a grandson's Bday party in Gvegas. Wifey had to drive me home...

it was pretty good

Aug 10, 2020, 1:45 PM

drove up to TN thursday night to do one last thing before closing

Fri - hung out w/ in-laws; drank and ate

Sat - drove home, got ripped, watched golf, chilled w/ dawghater2she, grilled steaks, had seggs

Sun - played one last round before moving to TN. Made the road trip to Catachee. Awesome course, left a few strokes out there (kind of blew up once the lettuce came out). Got sunburnt and sweatted my ### off, but still good times. Started packing a bit when I got home, watched the end of the golf

the big move is finally approaching. starting to get everything packed up

Purty good..

Aug 10, 2020, 1:59 PM

Saturday.. went to DT Greenville shopping.. stopped at Barleys for an adult beverage.. went home then back to Mac’s Speed shop for dinner..

Sunday was just lazy as usual.

Hope everyone is well!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10/10 in .gif form

Aug 10, 2020, 2:04 PM

daughters bday party

lots of pool time

lots of running

not too much booze and a little church time

overall, it was a 10/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 610
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic