Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 715

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jun 22, 2020, 7:50 AM

Friday night, just relaxed at home. I don't even think errands were run.

Saturday. Up early and went to Linville Caverns since I hadn't been in 30 some years. Then off to Johnson City to look for some beer.

Sunday. A tiny bit of yard work, then to Lowe's for some lumber for mess up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jun 22, 2020, 7:54 AM

Friday- PM thunderstorms blew out the capacitor for my compressor unit. Consequently, a very sweaty nights sleep

Saturday- coworker who I was with For 90 minutes on Tuesday tests positive for COVID. So that’s cool. Pack up and leave CHS for Edisto to have some air conditioning until my dude can get to the house Monday

Sunday- made rounds, then a great day on the beach w the wife and kids. Gorgeous weather in Edisto yesterday. Got an Anova Sous vide cooler for Father’s Day, going to try it out today on some steaks.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2020, 8:04 AM

Edisto sucks, if you've never been please don't waste your time. Just keep going to Hilton Head.

Did you already have the sous vide and you made/someone gave you a retrofitted cooler? Or you got the whole thing as a package.

I've been eyeballing sous vide systems but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2020, 8:15 AM

Right, meant to add definitely don’t come to Edisto. It’s awful here.

I meant to say cooker and got autocorrected. I’ve never used one before but a lot of my buddies have and love them. I’m just going to use my spaghetti pot I think, don’t have any special cooler or cooking vessel for it

Jun 22, 2020, 8:31 AM

Gotcha. Good luck trying it out. It seems pretty bulletproof, especially if you have a vac-sealer.

Outstanding...Thx for asking..

Jun 22, 2020, 7:54 AM

Fri evening dinner outside at Sole / Madren, great food and company.
Sat jaunt down to Chateau Elan for a Father's Day golf outing. Hadnt played since last Fall, but still managed an 84 with 5 ugly holes. Need to spend time on range...
Nice Lasagna dinner celebrating two B-Days along with Father's Day.
Back to Tigertown area in afternoon, hoping for a little rain that did not come.
A little Bambi did wander outa the woods and entertain us for a few minutes!

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Jun 22, 2020, 7:59 AM

Unfortunately my 1st cousin did last week. Saturday was the funeral in Albemarle. Long day 6 hours round trip plus 2 hours there. Kinda sucked. She was 56 and like a sister. Been fighting a brain tumor for 15+ years.

Sunday, watched golf, waited, watched more gold.

2/10 +2 for a great finish to the Heratige.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

That suchs...Ts & Ps!***

Jun 22, 2020, 8:05 AM

Sorry to hear.***

Jun 22, 2020, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2020, 8:00 AM

hotsawce...we are waiting!

Jun 22, 2020, 8:03 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/My-weekend-ICSIOAIT-27402868

Pretty, pretty good.

Jun 22, 2020, 8:01 AM

Friday: Home from work, couple beers and ordered out for dinner.

Saturday: Went out on the boat with friends, back side of Kiawah and everyone was properly socially distanced. Made it back to the hill just before the rain hit. Pan seared chicken breast, mac n cheese and green beans for dinner.

Sunday: Up and at ‘em early for Father’s Day lunch with the inlaws. They haven’t seen the new house yet, so we hosted them for the day. Broke down a whole pork loin into eleven 1-1/4 chops and a center cut loin roast. I butterflied the roast and filled with ½ lb of bacon and sautéed fresh garlic and rosemary (processed into a paste in a, you guessed it, food processor). Spread that paste then roll it up and tie with butcher’s twine. Smoked at 250° until it hit about 145° on the probes. Rested in the cooler to about 150° and finished in a cast iron pan to tighten up the crust. Inlaws brought the sides of blackeyed peas, biscuits, broccoli and brownies for desert. Twas good. Lazy the rest of the day.

Brought home some Red Snapper on Saturday

Jun 22, 2020, 8:01 AM

First for this season. Cleaned and sealed...then gave to my dad for Father's day. Hope i get more before the season is out!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Jun 22, 2020, 8:03 AM

Friday - grilled burgers after work. Played with kids and went to the pool for an hour or so.

Saturday - bike rides in the morning with the kids. Pool just about the rest of the day. In-laws over for pizza dinner

Saturday 2.0 - kids go to bed. My neighbors and I start a fire in the fire pit. Start hammering booze. We decided that it would be fun to go mountain bike riding. We live right beside a huge state park that’s has a fairly Long and technical trail. We decide we will do this and take it easy. Well, we end up flying through the woods and taking each turn faster. All the sudden I am about 8ft off the trail and bleeding all over myself. Heads is all busted up. Luckily I was about a quarter mile from the next drop in, so I head that way. I get home and clean it up as best as possible with peroxide and such and ruin a bunch of towels in the process. Go to bed.

Sunday - wake up, wife just rolls her eyes. Never gave me crap about it all. I have breakfast and after bleeding through a bandaid, I go to urgent care. The PA is hot and stitched me up. Spent the rest of the day playing with the kids at the pool and did a bike ride to town with my son to get ice cream. Watched church on iPad before bed so that maybe I can learn to make better decisions.

7/10 - my body is just a little sore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great

Jun 22, 2020, 8:04 AM

Friday - don't remember.

Saturday - Cut grass. Inlaws came over. Drank a few beers. Our cat, "Brenda" was found dead in the road. We buried her. That was sad.

Sunday - Headed to our Edisto River cabin with my dad, the wife, and the kids. It was the first time my wife has been down there in about a decade. I built the platform for the screened porch and finished the dock. We swam, jumped out of trees into the water, and caught some bream. Ate at Popeyes in Orangeburg on the way home. Sat in the bed of the truck and ate it in the parking-lot.

Now I'm sore as crap this morning, but t'was a good weekend.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Great

Jun 22, 2020, 8:15 AM

That really sucks about Brenda. The rest sounds great, but poor Brenda. Sucks

Re: Great

Jun 22, 2020, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Great ]

How many pallets did it take to build a dock?

zero

Jun 22, 2020, 9:47 AM

PT 2x6, baby.

The most Ryanadidas post ever

Jun 22, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Great ]

"Sat in the bed of the truck and ate it in the parking-lot."

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The back story is:

Jun 22, 2020, 10:29 AM

I went swimming in my cutoff wranglers and had to ride home in a towel. For that reason, I couldn't go inside of a fine establishment like Popeyes, so we ate in the parking lot.

Jun 22, 2020, 8:10 AM

Good weather.

Yard work

Bike ride

Bar

A couple good meals out.

It was alright

Jun 22, 2020, 8:13 AM

Fri - Up buttcrack early and met a friend on the Soque River. We landed 30 giant trouts on spinning tackle. Fri evening, took my mom and step-dad out on the boat for stripers. They weren't cooperating so pulled a couple bass in before dark.

Sat - Finally got a haircut followed by my first CFA biscuit since March. Drove to in-laws where fam played on the lake all day.

Sun - Church in the morning, dad came over for lunch for delicious chicken wings. Stayed home rest of day with kids.

Also, made a counter offer and received a counter to my counter. Then I countered again cuz' they ain't quite tempted me to leave yet.....but we are close.

ah, you people with the degrees and work experience that

Jun 22, 2020, 8:26 AM

allows for mobility make me so jealous.

One hiccup, the rest was pretty good.

Jun 22, 2020, 8:30 AM

Friday, knocked off work and walked the pup, then jumped into the car and headed to the Mexican grocery. Picked up supper from the hot bar there and it was delicious...elotes, sopes, and empanadas. Everything looked fantastic but we stuck with classics this time. Also grabbed a pineapple, some ginger root, and piloncillo sugar for our third batch of Tepache. Went home and ate, drank some various Mexican beers with it, watched some TV and then crashed.

Saturday, got up and did my morning coffee meditation, then started in on a few house chores, put batch #3 of tepache into the feremting bucket, grabbed some lunch and then worked for about an hour on some rough edges I had on a couple of tunes the band is trying to learn. Then off to the dump with a truckload of scrap from the great shed clean-out, and a run to the Dollar Tree for some get-by items. Both the dump and the Dollar Tree were places that society had collapsed into lawless chaos and feral humans were roaming freely, so was really looking forward to coming home and cracking a cold, relaxing beer. Pull up in the driveway and see that the lawn tractor is parked by the house with 50 foot long path of scraped earth behind it. Mrs. decided to mow some grass, almost immediately hit a rock, bent one of the blades to a 90 degree angle, and went it to watch TV while leaving the carnage to me. Ignored it and finished out the list of things to do I had already planned, made a spicy barbacoa burrito for myself since Mrs. wasn't feeling like eating, then off to play MODERATE volume acoustic music with the lead guitarist and the singer. Everyone else was unavailable, but we got some stuff done. Home around 1:00 am and crashed.

Sunday, coffee and relaxation to start the day. Walked pup, then jacked up the tractor to verify the damage. It was indeed just the blade, so parked it and knocked out the overgrown parts of the yard with the push mower. I was smart to wait to the heat of the day and really test the boundaries of my cardiac health. Obviously, I am still superhuman. Got cleaned up and headed to Joonyer's new house in York for Father's Day soiree. They moved in on Thursday and are still organizing but we got to see all the paint and flooring and stuff they have done to the house. Got take out from Hoof & Barrel and it was delicious. Also rode to pick up food in the truck he traded for Saturday. He got a 2015 Ram Laramie, and that things is SWEET. It was essentially a bard find, a doctor had it, got sick and passed, and his wife put the truck in storage for almost two years, so it only has 30k on it. Lakebum1® would be proud. Home in time to crash.

Aside from Mrs. Tig trying to destroy my tractor, I'll rate the weekend 18.75/19 Covids.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SOS - DW ***

Jun 22, 2020, 8:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Strength of schedule - Deshaun Watson?***

Jun 22, 2020, 9:25 AM

South of Spartanburg - Death Waits***

Jun 22, 2020, 10:26 AM

Sucking on Some - Dude's Wang***

Jun 22, 2020, 10:29 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Save Oatthews Sand - Don'tdrink Water***

Jun 22, 2020, 10:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

East Coast Party Ended...

Jun 22, 2020, 8:34 AM

Friday Coot sil left. This was bssically the only good thing that happened. Party supplies are gone.
Made pizza for me and Granny.

Saturday went to funeral for Uncle Bodie. He was an old golfing buddy of mine and a fine gentleman. He made bluebird boxes. I feel especially bad for his son who has no one now. Saturday night made chicken Florentine and black eye peas for me and Granny.

Sunday, Fathers Day, had three granddaughters come visit. Found out one in NYC is coming back to SC. Grandson.is getting a divorce. He has three little girls. Made roast with gravy in Instant Pot. Mashed taters and green beans.

It was a shifty weekend. Wood not do again. If I don't get some party supplies soon I'll start killing people. Racist first.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

decent, I suppose

Jun 22, 2020, 8:38 AM

Fri - weekly steak night. had some filets and sheet wrastlin - 9/10

Sat - mostly work. got truck cleaned up for first time in months. got all yard work done. starting to get everything cleaned up to get the house up for sale. had a dinner party with frands - 8/10

Sun - easy morning then golf. played like dookie hole. dawghater2she did some instapot magic last night - 7.5/10

Very Fatherly

Jun 22, 2020, 8:55 AM

Fri - off early listen to the Jim Rome Smackoff, lounged and bed

Saturday - Watched Bundesliga, EPL (Arsenal, lollers) and went to the grocery store, ordered takeout for the family unit, watched some movie until I dozed off

Sunday - watched more EPL (Up the Chels), laughed at Liverpool. Fired up he grill, cooked hamburgers and grilled peaches.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday afternoon I installed big bertha

Jun 22, 2020, 9:01 AM

Name for garbage disposal, affectionate of course.

Went to lake and Saturday drank, tubed behind the boat, 6yo caught a decent catfish on the dock. He said he was BORED fishing after catching only 2 brim. I then said "let me try". Immediately adjusted the cork for another 2 feet of depth and caught a 3lb catfish. I'd been telling him to be more patient and fish deeper. Suddenly he was interested in fishing again and he caught another one, a little smaller. Drank a few beers, ate supper and passed out, then was awakened again for a boatride. Passed out again when got back. Sunday we cooked breakfast and swam some. Went to mom's to fix whatever she could come up with that's broken. Then we went to see dad through the door at the nursing home. Talked on the phone through the door. Gave him a card from the boys and 2 books for father's day. Ca me home and opened father's day gift, a massive reclining chair which was awesome. Also got a back scratcher since the boys have broken the other two I had. Washed 5 loads of clothes and slapt last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got to get back under the sink to look at mine.

Jun 22, 2020, 9:26 AM

Somebody went and let a shot glass get into the hole. That makes a terrible sound before the blade stops spinning. I got it off and unjammed and got it back on. There is now some tiny leak. I'm hoping just something isn't quite tight enough.

Lots and lots of alcohol

Jun 22, 2020, 9:16 AM

Went to the beach with the wife. Got day drunk. Passed out. Lots of Bird Dog. Lots of nattys.

A guy who was sitting close to us was very very familiar to me and I couldn't shake it. Turns out the's the surgeon who fixed my son's trigger finger.

So overall pretty good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Dammm expensive

Jun 22, 2020, 10:15 AM

Saturday-installed a newer, bigger, badder GPS chart plotter in my boat. Found out later it doesn't work as well as the old one. Oh well. What's $3,000?

Sunday-tried to go fishing early, didn't because couldn't find a parking spot at the landing until it was too late. Then met up with some folks and took them to the sand bar behind Sullivan's.

Went to leave the sand bar, and one of the folks that knew our friends in the boat asked if I would drop them off on Sullivan's beach. Sure, no problem, We idled over to the last jetty and dropped them off, and I was stopped by a Sullivan's Island beach patrol chick. She met me at the boat landing and gave me a $1,040 ticket for having a boat too close to the beach, while another female cop who showed up with her was trying to get me to talk to size me up for a DUI. Luckily, I had only had about 3 beers all day, and about 4 bottles of water, so I was fine. What a petty, stupid ticket to write. The new woman cop explained that this ordinance is an SI thing, and only enforced from Memorial day to Labor day. So 3 weeks ago I wouldn't have gotten a ticket for doing the exact same thing. I didn't even know dropping someone off on the beach was illegal; I've seen people in that same spot do that all my life. I asked how I might know about this sometimes enforced ordinance, and was told with 100% seriousness: "It's expected you familiarize yourself with all town ordinances before you come over to Sullivan's Island."

uh huh.

It was all I could to NOT say "Did you really just say that I need to research and memorize your laws before going to the sandbar? Did that just come out of your mouth?". But the ticket was already written and I wasn't trying to go sit in a SI jail cell yesterday.

So my 51 year streak of never having a positive interaction with a cop continues. Funny this comes up this weekend after I made this statement last week:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/I-do-my-best-to-stay-away-from-cops-the-IRS-and-insurance-27392505

I'm not wrong.

Let this weekend be a lesson. Do your homework first.

Jun 22, 2020, 10:21 AM

And stay the #### away from SI. Went there.... once. Cost us an $80 ticket for parking a golf cart improperly. Don't see us going back any time soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've decided the US has too many laws that are randomly

Jun 22, 2020, 10:35 AM

enforced. I think it may srsly be time to look into being an expat somewhere.

I've gone 51 years without a positive experience with police. And 99% of that has been petty, stupid BS that should have been ignored. From 37/35 mph zone ticket in high school on Folly Beach, to an underage drinking ticket 8 days before my 21st birthday in TD's in Clemson, to an expired fire extinguisher "crime" that can't legally be expunged from my record and is permanently on a SLED background check in 4/2001, to the BS yesterday.

I was in Nassau a few years ago and the taxi we were in had a flat, so we stopped off at a convenience store/auto repair place so we could get it fixed. It was hot, and the store had a big bucket of iced down mystery beers for $1.50/each. I'm like --"Hey..Can I drink that in here (because in the US you can't drink in a convenience store). Woman who was running the register looked at me funny and said "Sure, mon. You do what you want". So I was about half way through drinking that ice cold Sands light, and taxi driver man said we were ready to go. I said "Lemme finish this beer, and he's all "Take it with you mon." I asked if that was illegal, and he said "No mon. You must be from the U.S. We're free over here".

He was 100% correct. We aren't a free country.

43 years, 2 speeding tix and 3 parking tix

Jun 22, 2020, 10:42 AM

Think that's the extent of my lawlessness. Technically BIL took the $80 hit on the golf cart parking ticket. There was a sign he didn't read and it was his golf cart and he said we could park there anyway. I chipped in $20 to be a good sport about it.

Now if I had been scared of police, or hated them, I'm sure my record would be much higher. I have duly earned no less than 300 underage drinking tickets. Prolly 100 or more pot possessions, one vandalism, two DUI's, one reckless driving for going 114mph. Make that two for a drag race once. Oh, and one leaving the scene of an accident, which would have been tacked onto one DUI. Oh and trespassing on a federal artillery range. And a MYB noise ordinance violation. Bout all I can think of.

Apparently I'm a real bad ### scofflaw.

Jun 22, 2020, 10:44 AM

One bullchit petty-ass ticket at a time.

All that was before age 20.

Jun 22, 2020, 10:46 AM

I'm now boring as #### and thoroughly domesticated. Except one speeding ticket and 1 parking ticket.

I'm really to the point that I'd give the state, or county

Jun 22, 2020, 10:59 AM

or whatever municipality $1000 more dollars in taxes a year if they'd just leave me alone.

Code enforcement, ordinance enforcement, city by-laws, golf cart hassles, tickets for parking in vacant parking lots...just leave me the eff alone.

All that's in the last 2 years.

I'm a effing criminal.

Doesn't really sound like it has any teeth if you just don't

Jun 22, 2020, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Dammm expensive ]

pay it. #### em.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'd love nothing more than to put a bench warrant out on

Jun 22, 2020, 10:42 AM

me. They would team up with MP PD, get to use their MRAP and Humvees to come knock down the door on my house, and then shoot my dogs.

It'd be a "solid police effort where everyone made it home safe."

I mean, except the dogs.

i give mine about a C-***

Jun 22, 2020, 10:17 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sakerlina-y. Tiring. Stressful. COVID-y.

Jun 22, 2020, 10:19 AM

So this would have normally been the APM fam's beach week. But that was cancelled due to COVID (right call too, reports for OIB make it sound no fun). But my sister and her fam had to take the week anyhow since her husband had put in for the time off, so we decided to do a semi-staycation in Sakerlina, except that it meant travel from Virginny for us and from PA for her.

Wed - traveled down after 5pm got in around midnight.

Thursday - sluggish start but we went to the H. Odell Weeks park for a brief walk before it rained (was very cool for mid-June in Sakerlina), got coffee, chilled, went for another walk with the entire fam at Hopeland Gardens, then grilled steaks. Drank too much wine.

Friday - had the Diddy PAW memorial golf outing at the Aiken Golf Club, then over to the stepmothers for a water slide and cookout. Had three Bud Lights (WAY too much drinking for APM in 2 days' time).

Satdee - got a walk in, visited Diddy PAW's gravesite, lunch at the stepmother's, chill time, mom took the kids back to Odell Weeks and for ice cream, dinner.

Sunday - up & at 'em and back to Virginny.

APM feels fat and tired. Hate to miss family, but it is hardly worth it with the COVID BS.

Dear Big Pharma and scientists - we need a cure, stat!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Three Bud Lights is too many Bud Lights for even

Jun 22, 2020, 10:23 AM

right call too, reports for OIB make it sound no fun????

Jun 22, 2020, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Sakerlina-y. Tiring. Stressful. COVID-y. ]

Please explains

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Inlaws still planning to go to Sunset in NC

Jun 22, 2020, 10:31 AM

FIL can't get deposit back and it was made like in February. Sux.

We plan to go and pack in 100% everything for 10 people for 6 days. No way in #### that works. But that's the plan anyway.

We are heading to Oak on Saturday and again near the

Jun 22, 2020, 10:35 AM

end of July. Are grocery stores bare at the beach now? Is there something I don't know about?

We plan to take alot of groceries with us, but that is mostly to just be cheap. No way I can pack enough beer for a week.

Just trying to limit exposure.

Jun 22, 2020, 1:30 PM

I mean we could go toss dollars at strippers at Crazy Horse, but Horry County is already a dumpster fire, and now it's upgraded to a sick dumpster fire. They are neck and neck with Greenville, the other place where no one takes any precautions.

1) not much open 2) grocery issues 3) POWs (Portuguese Men

Jun 22, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to right call too, reports for OIB make it sound no fun???? ]

of War) 4) Riptides 5) COVID cases increasing in the area.

IF one can take LOTS of groceries and IF one is content with the beach and not much else, then I suppose it would be OK.

When I say not much is open, many restaurants are restricted with dining, some are closed due to COVID cases, no concerts on the island, fireworks on the pier cancelled, groceries are OK IF you do the clicklist thing, but you can't just hit Lowe's Foods on your first day in like normal and even then they don't have everything. Some say you still have to go to Walgreens or CVS for toilet paper.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh man, all we ever do is beach it and MAYBE order pizza

Jun 22, 2020, 10:48 AM

one night and MAYBE go to Southport one night. We are aware groceries may be a little challenge. The concerts and fireworks and turtle walks and stuff like that are fine, but we are usually just beaching it.

you be ahhite, then, 'cept for the POWs, riptides, and COVID***

Jun 22, 2020, 10:51 AM

Jun 22, 2020, 10:34 AM

Friday: Was an absolutely a lazy day! We didn't do much at all.

Saturday: Took Myfavjr. fishing, went to the store, then we played nine holes of golf. Picked up some
plates from Shiloh Fish House and checked on my mom. She's in the hospital with cellulitis.

Sunday: Enjoyed some time with jr. Road around just looking and played some PS4 before taking him back to his mom's. :( Washed clothes and grilled me a steak and new potato's. Watched TV, read some before bed. Drank a couple of Natty's too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dad got out of Hospital and

Jun 22, 2020, 10:39 AM

went to a home. He probably will not ever come back home unless at the VERY end. Pressure washed house, deck, sidewalk, etc. Pool time Saturday and Sunday, running and biking both days, visited Dad both days, through a Window. Mom had Chemo treatment #4 of Round #2 and is feeling alright, but it is just a matter of time.

Aging sick parents sucks.

sucks main, but at least they're still with you***

Jun 22, 2020, 10:45 AM

Hate it for you, brother. That's a heavy burden.***

Jun 22, 2020, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Dad got out of Hospital and ]

Yep it's tough and doesn't get easier. Peace.***

Jun 22, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Dad got out of Hospital and ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I understand what you're going through. In the last four

Jun 22, 2020, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Dad got out of Hospital and ]

years, both of my brothers (51 & 45), my sister (54) and my dad (74)have passed. It's just me to take care of my mom (76). Plus I have my nine year old over half the time and I do all I can with him. Mom is in the hospital now. It is sad to see your parents aging and their health decline. The world is still going to turn, so each day, we have to keep going.

Thoughts and prayers for you!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 Day weekend (still in progress) Ups and Downs

Jun 23, 2020, 9:30 AM
DSC08595.jpg(114.4 K)
DSC08614.jpg(32.7 K)
DSC08685.jpg(139.1 K)

Friday blah blah blah

Saturday blah blah blah

Sunday TOTE1Jr and I took off for Roan Mtn with a few buddies of mine. We had heard people were getting off on 19B there and had hoped to do the same. Alas he had left before we arrived. We hiked out to Grassy Ridge from the Carvers Gap parking lot. About a 2.5 mile hike that felt twice that with the added weight of our backpacks. The views from the top are sweet. I was hoping to also get pics of the Milky Way but a storm rolled in and sat on us all night. It only rained for about an hr around 7pm but heavy cloud covered camped out with us.

Monday we made our way back to the parking lot to make the drive home. On the way my car went berserk due to the alternator going out. The car is "smart enough" to shut off power to other systems in an effort to not drain the battery. So no airbags or ABS on the way down from Little Switzerland to Marion.

We made it to Marion and had a tow truck pick us up there and drive us back to Murderburg. The temp change from Grassy Ridge to Murderburg is astounding. Sonof is a mechanic but that doesn't mean I got off the hook at all. Which is good. if you can't take money off of your family how can you expect to take it off of strangers, right. The car was towed to his shop where the part was waiting. An hr and a half and $450 later we're back on the road headed home. Camping/hiking is cheap right?

Tuesday Im taking daughterof to Biltmore. I picked up season passes a few weeks ago b/c they were on sale for $119 and are good through Aug 31 2021. She gets in free.

Roan Mtn in the distance, the Round Bald followed by Jane Bald

Grandfather Mtn just to the left of center and the condo on top of Sugar Mtn lit in yellow to the left of it

TOTE1 on Jane Bald

Re: 4 Day weekend (still in progress) Ups and Downs

Jun 23, 2020, 9:32 AM
DSC08587.jpg(164.6 K)
DSC08620.jpg(36.5 K)
DSC08632.jpg(122.8 K)

Replies: 61
| visibility 715
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic