Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 674

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 18, 2020, 8:16 AM

Friday night, masked up per their request and went to CostCo on the rumor they had some Buffalo Trace. They did not, settled for Basil Haden's. Stopped by the taco shop for supper.

Saturday, washed my car. Apparently this is a strain on my hamstrings.

Sunday, super lazy day. Was supposed to hike but didn't want to stress my already sore hamstrings.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very good

May 18, 2020, 8:22 AM

Fri - Worked till lunch. McJr and I constructed our shop table. Dad and step-mom came over for dinner.

Sat - Stayed home, cut grass, grilled shrimp

Sun - Church on youtubes, plowed part of the field and McJr and I put out fertilizer and sunflower seeds. Played outside with kids and grilled steaks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did you end up doing for the shop table?***

May 18, 2020, 8:50 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only there were pictures and a summary somewhere...

May 18, 2020, 8:53 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/FBCoach-DIY-project-of-the-week-1994141?tstart=0

Great thx 4 Aksin!

May 18, 2020, 8:23 AM

Fri- acquired a Japanese humility cypress tree, moved Granite bench from sons house to new casa backyard, dinner at Evolve dt Tigertown
Sat - yard work planting more shrubs, beer and tequila to cool down
Sun - Mom day brunch(cause mrs was in hospital last weekend) at younger sons and DIL. Scrambled egg enchiladas, Fried eggs with avacado on toast, Pancake bites, thick bacon, cheese grits, ate until I hurt!
Planted 2 large hydrangeas, grilled burgers for dinner
9.5/10

Hinoki cypress

May 18, 2020, 8:25 AM

Welp, nobody played but I didn't die.

May 18, 2020, 8:23 AM

Another relatively meh weekend. Did cook up some nice scallops in a vermouth cream sauce.

Pretty much it.

9/10 cuz golf on TV, scallops and weather.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 18, 2020, 8:28 AM

Friday, played American Aquarium's new album on repeat.

Saturday, there was a birthday party at the neighbors' house. It was a field day. Literally. A bunch of shirtless 30-something year old dudes running around throwing water balloons at each other and playing 3 v 3 basketball is not how I envision a typical Saturday afternoon (because fat), but it was fun. There was beer, pawt and quite the spread that included pork loin, shrimp skewers, grilled chicken pasta salad, water melon, mac & cheese & baked beans from Midwood Smokehouse, you name it. Lots of good food and free booze. I got badly sunburned.

Sunday, hit up the state park to do a little fishing. Not even so much as a hit on a chartreuse lizard/Carolina rig, spinnerbait, Jitterbug or diver in about 3 hours of action. I'm convinced that state parks don't stock their lakes properly. Left after a while and drove downtown and sat down at a place for brunch for a change while maintaining social distance and admiring the bartender's tiddies. Had shrimp and grits and bourbon. Came home and napped and watched TV.

Not a bad weekend relaxing.

Definitely had it's moments.

May 18, 2020, 8:32 AM

Friday, had a birthday soiree for Joonyer around RH Mom's pool. Got take out from Friendly Billiards and hung out drinking beers. Had a blast, and got home in time to watch the Muddy Waters & The Rolling Stones concert documentary.

Saturday, coffee, then the Mrs. and I spent all morning working on the mulberry tree down by the road hacking off wisteria vines that were taking over and harvesting all the ripe berries we could get. Back to the house for late lunch, watched a Van Morrison documentary, then a long hike along the river with the pup. Back home to finish up the trim work with the push mower after Mrs. did the majority of the yard with the tractor. Showered up while Mrs. made fresh mulberry lemon vodka cocktails, turned out excellent. Made a Chef Boyardee spaghetti & meatball pizza that we saw a pizza joint online touting. We thought it would be fun and it turned out OK, but not worth doing again. Watched by 947th Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary Saturday night. I swear there are more Skynyrd documentaries out there than any other band...and word is there is a biopic movie about the plane crash getting ready to be released.

Sunday, lazy morning, a few chores, then basically alternated between playing bass and walking the pup all day long. Made General Tso's chicken for supper, the basically laid around reading while the Mrs. caught up on Ozark so we can watch season 3.

Not perfect, but acceptable rating at 17.75/19 Covids.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, maybe you should start being more active

May 18, 2020, 8:32 AM

if washing the car put you down for the weekend.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe I should wash the car every other day.

May 18, 2020, 8:52 AM

But yeah, they felt like I'd done the amount of bending down I do when I paint. Sucked.

May 18, 2020, 8:36 AM

Friday - Was good. Starting watching "The Last Dance"

Saturday - Went to the pond. It's spring fed, so the water is cold AF. Kids had a blast. Grilled chicken on decommissioned Burger King looking grill. Caught a pair of bullfrog tadpoles. Fugger was almost 5" long. We were going to keep him until we learned bullfrog tadpoles can stay tadpoles for 2 years.

Sunday - Spent the day at the pond again. Cleaned up and used the Kayaks. Towed the floating dock (non-pallet construction) back the middle. Kids jumped off it about 2,000 times. Toward the end of the day my son spotted the "abandon water snake" next to the deck.

Can you find him? He's just northwest of center photo.

10/10. Would dew again.

Pretty, pretty good.

May 18, 2020, 8:38 AM

Friday: Took the day off for no reason. Ran to Costco in the morning and got the steaks and poke chops they were severely lacking last trip. Spent the afternoon running around and picking out materials for a tiered plant stand that the wife wants. Ordered pizza for dinner off the recommendation of a friend and i think I've finally found my new "regular" place. I had been contemplating driving the 30 minutes or so to pickup from my old regular place due to lack of good pizza near the new house so far.

Saturday: More work clearing out the natural area behind the house. Two truckloads to the yard debris dump. Hot AF. Ate lunch and was lazy for a couple hours after. Friend's kids are at their grandparents so wife and I went to friend's place for some beers and grilled out steams. First "social" interaction I've had since this started except for work and talking to my neighbors. Much needed.

Sunday: Hot AF by 9am so decided not to cut grass. I was lazy all morning and watched Brooklyn 99 all morning. Ate lunch and got started on wife's plant stand. I wasn't working from any plans, just sort of playing it by ear to fit the space she wanted. I built the end frames first. Then I routered the top edges of the shelf planks with a roundover and cut to length. Started assembling and had to dodge in and out of the rain for a little bit in the afternoon. I also found out the Lithium Ion batteries and adapter don't run my cordless finish nailer. MOTHERFUCKERR!! I'll probably have to buy a 4-6 AH battery just for the nailer. Anyway, got it all assembled and it is pretty badazz if I do say so myself. Poke chops, corn on the cob and green beans for dinner.

Nice

May 18, 2020, 8:46 AM

Son's 7th birthday on Friday so we had a little party by the pool. Cake, ice cream, etc. Got him a "mountain bike" from Academy. Good bikes are stupid expensive and kids grown out of them quickly, so we got one that might work for a little while.

Saturday morning everyone went to Riverwalk to walk puppy, run, and ride bikes. Took middle kid down the trails, me running and him biking, and he LOVED it. The gears and hills are still new to him, but he had fun. We got 9 miles in so that was nice. Lunch then back home for pool and beers.

Sunday morning everyone went to Riverwalk to walk puppy, run, and ride bikes. Took middle kid down the trails, me running and him biking, and he LOVED it. We got 7 miles in so that was nice. Lunch then back home for pool and beers.

Repetitive but fun, would do again.

Side note, puppy is the best behaved dog on a leash we may have had, he is great. We get lots of compliments on how well behaved he is. I guess the quarantine is good for something.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

7, eh?

Is he looking for an older woman who is very worldly and can teach him all sorts of neat stuff?

If so, I have an 8 year old daughter.

It's never too early to start trying to marry them off.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Does she like them the size of a 9 year old, the athletic

May 18, 2020, 8:54 AM

ability of a kid who isn't mine, and the maturity of a 3 year old? Also, the terrible quarantine hair of Jake Bentley, without the forehead? If so, I've got the man for you guys.

Not sure he is into girls yet though, we ran past a couple cute girls in sports bras on the trail and he didn't even look over.

That sounds right up her alley.

May 18, 2020, 1:23 PM

By "up her alley" I don't mean anything pervy.

She had a boyfriend at school this past year. She came home and said that he dumped her, but gave her a piece of candy if she promised not to get upset. LOL. She straight up hates that boy now. It cracks me up.

Poor kid.

May 18, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Nice ]

Most people that actually like their 7 year old kids get them classic Harley Davidson FLH Electra Glides.

We considered it but the Ozone 500 Ultra Shock 20 was more

May 18, 2020, 9:23 AM

the size that fits in the back of the Honda.

Relatively sure they weigh the exact same.

Shocks.....pegs........LUCKY

May 18, 2020, 9:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sounds like something you'd give to someone you really

May 18, 2020, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Poor kid. ]

hate

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wife was on call all weekend so it was like a normal

weekday with extra drinking.

Did some fishing Friday with the kids

Had wife in the boat Sunday. Never again.

kids and I go, no problems, very relaxing. Wife in the boat nothing but bitching

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

May 18, 2020, 8:51 AM

Good. Finally went out to dinner and sat ina restaurant. Went to some prime steakhouse that was supposed to be great. I thought it sucked and reminded to always cook my own, but it was great to be out around people in a restaurant. Watched some good ESPN doc and some good Netflix. I ate well overall. I exercised and slept well. I give it all a B-

Great weekend.

May 18, 2020, 8:55 AM

Wife worked Saturday. Then she spent all day Sunday in bed like a vegetable because she went to this "classy wine walk" with her mom and they both got hammered/stoned (lulz).

So the kids and I hug out all weekend together. They're at a great age where they still think I'm the greatest, but they're also old enough to be helpful.

We replace the door and painted my pumphouse. Threw a Grateful Dead lightning bolt on there for good measure.

We made a new door for the houses's crawl space.

Smoked a 16lb brisket, smoked baked beans, fried okra in some sort of fancy relish, an Lewis' BBQ hatch corn pudding, also made homemade pickles. It was legit.

Cut grass.

Piddled in my shop.

Worked in the garden.

Drank an inordinate amount of Old Grandad Bonded 100 proof and a bunch of beers.

Stayed up to midnight with the kids around a fire in my washing machine firepit.

Watched John Henry on Netflix. Not great. I'm sure it's a fine example of "black cinema", but that really ain't my genre.

Pretty good....

May 18, 2020, 9:02 AM

Saturday...daughter-of and I took in Chic-fil-a biscuits to folks I asked to work on Saturday. Was well received and daughter-of enjoyed meeting a lot of our production workers.

Took whole family to Willy Taco in Greenville for lunch...was good. Then went to Haywood mall. Pretty much open...all of the shoe stores had lines. Got me and son-of new bathing suits to get ready for vacation at HHI starting this Friday. Wife-of and daughter-of did gem mining.

Hit the Chocolate Shoppe for some treats and headed home.

Sunday...daughter-of and I went to Your Pie in Clemson. Bought a TTT t-shirt, then toured Daughter-of around to all of the places I lived in Clemson, which is a lot due to co-op'ing and 5-6-year plan. Went to 5 and Below only to discover it's not open on Sunday and Monday...didn't even think to check that. Hit Tiger Sports Shop on way back through to Anderson and picked up some stuff.

In honor of college days, had Ramon noodles for dinner.

Binge-watched Poldark with wife-of. Like that show.

Six words

May 18, 2020, 9:12 AM

Too many women. Too many pills.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Six words

May 18, 2020, 9:25 AM

That's good, right?

Too much sex, too little Jesus***

May 18, 2020, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Six words ]

Pretty good, thanks for asking

May 18, 2020, 9:26 AM

Friday: Cooked breakfast for dinner. Had belgian waffles, bacon and eggs over easy. Considered cooking my wifes incorrectly, just to see if shed fight the cook like the guy at Waffle House.

Saturday: Went and played pickleball (no ####) for the first time with my college roommates. #### was really fun. Played for two and a half hours. Got on the peloton when I got home and spun for 30 minutes. Cooked ribs for dinner which turned out pretty well after two and a half hours of cooking.

Sunday: Mowed the grass and went grocery shopping. Watched approximately 10 laps of the race. Leftover ribs for dinner. Bed by 9pm.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I keep hoping we'll get a pickleball court around here soon.

May 18, 2020, 9:32 AM

Been wanting to play, but there are no facilities around town.

I think a lot of municipalities around Raleigh

May 18, 2020, 10:09 AM

Are realizing people arent playing tennis, so theyre repurposing one of the courts they already have at each park for three pickleball courts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

That's kind of what I hoped would happen here but the city

May 18, 2020, 10:25 AM

embraced the 'sports tourism' model decades ago, and actually not too far back built a tournament-quality tennis center here. I think until they see that they can generate revenues from organized play, we probably won't see any investment in the sport.

Not too shabby.

May 18, 2020, 9:38 AM

Saturday morning we had the freezer episode again. This time fixed it with a electrician (90% sure anyway). Scored Clorox bathroom cleaner, 4 rolls of TP, and paper towels at the grocery store. Still no hand sanitizer.

Bought a 20A GFCI switch, had electrician put it in. Blew up the pool and put in the backyard for the kids. Sat in a lawn chair and watched them splash while drinking beer and getting sunburn. Got somewhat tipsy, and we got our redneck on, prepping for the raaayce Sunday. Grilled steaks and corn either Friday or Sadiddy night, and brisket burgers last night. Wife spent Sunday cleaning the kids toy room. They will wreck it again. I want to take a shovel and a dumpster to the room, but she refuses. Watched some neckar Sunday. Wife made a Wal-Mart and veggie run to the farmers market. I finished off with Publix and Lowes. Sunday morning we skipped Youtube church and went and saw dad. Mom had been begging. I conference called mom and dad on our three phones and we talked to him in the window. Also walked the nurse through how to use the Roku and Plex in his room to stream Clemson games from my server at home. Gave dad a new Clemson shirt and the latest Orange and White...err...Experience, whatever. Mom came by the house and we took home Bubba biscuits for lunch. Wife dressed kids in the Easter outfits they never wore to church on Easter to visit dad.

That's about it. Note the events are not necessarily in order.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put one of my boys in the ER Saturday, but didn't go to jail

May 18, 2020, 10:45 AM

Apparently their tiny little elbows easily pop out of socket when physical exertion is demanded. I like to play this game where I help them sit and then stand up. I guess I helped a little too much, and the ensuing hour and a half screaming fit confirmed. So we took him to the ER, and I waited in the parking lot with lilmissgrouching since only one visitor was allowed in with a patient. Luckily, it was a quick pop in, because it is a common thing with babies. Still, I felt like crap.

Sunday, bike ride and pool time and general chores around the house.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

child beater***

May 18, 2020, 10:52 AM

The object lesson won't take if you don't leave a permanent

May 18, 2020, 12:35 PM

scar.

That's just parenting 101.

Pretty decent

May 18, 2020, 11:21 AM

Friday: Played golf with a friend. My golf game has gone to crap. Can't figure it out.

Saturday: Went fishing and caught a decent stringer. Threw them back. Ran into an old friend at store. Moved tractor and bush hog to pond, removed bush hog to get disk at house. One of the tires on the trailer blew and shredded to hail and back. Ate fish from Shiloh Fish house. YUM!!

Sunday: Parking lot church, took mother her dinner, ate left overs, started boiling p-nuts, picked up MfOjr., watched race, grilled chicken and made a salad, mom came to stay the night, read and bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2020, 11:35 AM

Friday: Washed my car. Some email work stuff. Took my bike to a greenway for a ride.
Saturday: Piddled around the house and yard. Took my pup for a walk and visited my son.
Saturday night about 20 of us from high school signed on for a Zoom chat. That was pretty cool seeing everyone. One relatively famous class mate joined us, Donald Marcari. Tom Crews played him in A Few Good Men.
Sunday: Watched church on tv. Walked my pup then visited my son. I forget the argument, but was shocked by it...his mom asked me to leave ( I thought it was a minor thing but she went ballistic and then got angry when I didn't want to argue. Of course I left.
Later I burned about 500 calaries on a 22 mile bike ride. Lost 4 pounds over the weekend.

May 18, 2020, 12:05 PM

Good. Caught a few fish Friday. Cooked some ribs on buddies Orion Smoker/Cooker. Cotdaym that is the way to do it! Too easy!

Purty good..

May 18, 2020, 1:41 PM

Finally took my CWP class
Went looking at new cars
And ate at the Beacon in spartanburg..

Good times

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 674
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic