Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 3, 2019, 7:57 AM

Friday night, stayed in and ate leftover from football watching on Thursday.

Saturday, up at a decent time to head towards Durham. Not my trip so I was in no rush for a change. Very nice. Arrive then head to some breweries and what not. I can't recall where or what all I had.

Sunday, off to lunch at an Ethiopian joint. That was simply no run. Sally Stouthers had taken you 72 cents a day and put onion in everything. More beer then off to a stand up comedy show. It was pretty good.

Monday, get up and book it out of town. Stopped at the Duluth store in Greensboro then Ikea, yikes. Home, more game left overs, sleeps.

6/10 because LOL stupid filthy gamecocks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh/10

Sep 3, 2019, 8:01 AM

Friday -
Helll if I remember. Probably a whole lot of nothing.

Saturday -
Kids had football games at Fort Jackson. Both kids did good. Went home and watched fooseball and took it easy. Washed the 'stang.

Sunday -
Slept all day. Not feeling up to par. I think the wife gave me her illness from earlier in the weekend. Watched the rest of Stranger Things 3 and Platoon.

Monday -
Kids had some friends come over. I cut grass. Watched Gangs of New York. Ate Mexican.

meh/10

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Friday: Don't Remember

Sep 3, 2019, 8:03 AM

Saturday: Spent all day hurricane prepping. Bought a generator. 8000 running watts. Can power everything in my house except the big stuff. All of the lights, router, etc. I can run the microwave, stove, hot water heater if I turn off everything else.

Wife kept talking about all of the friends and family we may have to house if the power goes out. Went and got additional adult beverages to make it through.

Meat MauldinT at a grocery store. Dude is smooth as a baby's bottom. Watched him check an ol girl out who was walking by. Thought he pulled a neck muscle. Was all like Image result for checking someone out gif

Sunday: Hunting, dinner with family for wife of and brother-in-law of's birthday (they're twins). finished up hurricane prepping.

Monday: Lazy day. Went back to work that evening.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

You know if you house people a couple of things will happen

Sep 3, 2019, 9:31 AM

Most of them will expect that you provide food, water, beer, entertainment, etc. as they will be completely unprepared. You will be viewed as an ####### if you push back against it.

They will expect you'll be there for them from here on out. You will be viewed as an ####### if you push back against it.

No win situation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1. IDGAF

Sep 3, 2019, 10:07 AM

I'm pretty good at being an #######

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Asspensive

Sep 3, 2019, 8:07 AM

Partially moved into the new place, so spent plenty of money at Home Depot and Lowe's buying "stuff" and having to spend time installing all that crap.

Fri - can't really remember, but no karaoke

Sat - took the kid to the pool at the new place. Wings for supper.

Sun - spent most of the time running the aforementioned errands and installing stuff. Cleaned up, did laundry. Chinese takeout for supper, twas good.

Overall meh/meh. Did have a chance to drink a few beers, but nothing over the top. Do not want to do again, but know that I will.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

10/10

Sep 3, 2019, 8:11 AM

Took my kids to their first Clemson game. Of course it was a hit!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Better than most of late. 9/10. Wood Dew Ah Gain.

Sep 3, 2019, 8:11 AM

Friday took some doing to overcome the late night Thursday Tigers' game, but APM got through it and had a decent night at home, resting up for a busy rest of the weekend.

Satdee APM did a 30-minute walk/run in da mawn, then went to Karate with littlest APM. Then APM and Mrs. PAW headed up to Floyd, Virginia, where we ate at Chateau Morrisette for dinner. Then stayed at the Pine Tavern Lodge that night. Lotsa sexy time.

Sunday we had leisurely coffee and shopped a little in Floyd. Then we had brunch at the Bent Mountain Bistro. Not the best service we've ever had, but a very good brunch.

Yesterday was the last day of the year at the pool, which is kinda bittersweet, but most of our pool friends were there and APM got his White Claw cherry popped and live blogged it, so that was good. Then a traditional backyard holiday barbecue to end the weekend.

Overall, a very nice time and a vast improvement over APM's last few previous weekends.

DND.

p.s. - Ethiopian food is DA BOMB!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I liked the whatever meat stuff I had and the

Sep 3, 2019, 8:14 AM

fried dough with lentils in it. The rest, not so much. I've been told the sides at this joint weren't what is typical. That squishy bread is just nasty though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Learn something new every day.....

Sep 3, 2019, 9:18 AM

Like today I learned they actually have food in Ethiopia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bruh, you musta hit a bad Ethiopian joint.

Sep 3, 2019, 9:33 AM [ in reply to I liked the whatever meat stuff I had and the ]

Until now, I have never heard anyone dislike Ethiopian food and folks tend to rave the most about the spongy bread.

APM wishes they had an Ethiopian joint in little old Roanoke, but alas, the closest one he is aware of is in Northern Virginny.

So good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tasted like they took some sour dough and

Sep 3, 2019, 9:36 AM

soaked up some of Aunt Bea's pickle juice.

The few we've been to in Charlotte over the years have

Sep 3, 2019, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Bruh, you musta hit a bad Ethiopian joint. ]

always been good. We haven't done Ethiopian in a while, not even sure if the places we went are still there or not.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Summer cold suxxors Sat/Sun

Sep 3, 2019, 8:14 AM

Took Zicam, thought cold was gone, but it came back Monday.
Tried beers and gin/tonics but did not help...
Otherwise, a nice 5 day respite from customer-land!
6.317/10

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

add colloidal silver to your regimen***

Sep 3, 2019, 9:38 AM

Yeah, then you can walk the beach and warn people of

Sep 3, 2019, 9:51 AM

Hurricanes... once your skin turns blue/gray.

https://nccih.nih.gov/health/colloidalsilver

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Pshaw! Like APM believes the gummint.***

Sep 3, 2019, 1:39 PM

Ran 8.5 miles Saturday morning, 10 miles Sunday morning, and

Sep 3, 2019, 8:28 AM

7.7 miles Monday morning. Had some IT Band stiffness yesterday afternoon but ran my first sub 28 minute 5k this morning and it felt good. Am planning on running a 5k, 10k, and half marathon locally in November. Running through the oak lined roads, polo fields, and horse tracks of Aiken is really awesome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so, basically you're saying your weekend sucked

Sep 3, 2019, 9:10 AM

because, well, running sucks.

The only time I ever ran is when I was playing/practicing in athletics.

I always hated running even when I was in great shape. But good for you.

I wish I did enjoy running because then I wouldn't be 15 pounds overweight.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Running is awesome.

Sep 3, 2019, 9:31 AM

It must just be you that sucks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're probably right.

Sep 3, 2019, 9:36 AM

Honestly though, I have a friend who is an avid runner. Has been all his life. He swears the runners high is unreal. I've obviously never experienced it.

Here's how you can simulate it

Sep 3, 2019, 11:18 AM

smack your hand with a hammer, repeatedly. How much does THAT hurt?

Then STOP smacking your hand with a hammer. Now how good does that feel?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I enjoy doing it.

Sep 3, 2019, 1:31 PM

There is no pain, it feels great. I start looking forward to my next run shortly after finishing.

Why run when you can bike?***

Sep 3, 2019, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Running is awesome. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cars

Sep 3, 2019, 1:16 PM

I know way too many bikers who have been hit.

I don’t ride unless there’s a bike lane.***

Sep 3, 2019, 2:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

somebody is becoming the new Lunge running champ***

Sep 3, 2019, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Ran 8.5 miles Saturday morning, 10 miles Sunday morning, and ]

Didn't really understand the whole Sally Struthers

Sep 3, 2019, 8:32 AM

sentence.

She used to try to raise money for poor folks in Africa.***

Sep 3, 2019, 8:38 AM

Almost real good

Sep 3, 2019, 8:35 AM

Thurs night - Football
Fri - Fishing with my dad, soccer practice for mcjr
Sat - Went to dad's on the lake and had steaks
Sun - Church, worked for 5 hrs on Dorian
Mon - Pool at mom's, shot at doves in the evening

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 3, 2019, 8:50 AM

Thursday: drove to God’s country to watch my Tigers play and tailgate with the family and friends.

Friday: drove to MB to stay with son of and DIL. Great Mexican food for dinner and a lot of Modelo Especial.

Saturday: 7 mile walk on/to the beach and back in the morning. Watched football all day and night. Grilled steaks for dinner.

Sunday: another 7 miles. Laid on the beach most of the day. Ale House for dinner and watched OK / Houston.

Monday: ms midland and I did our beach breakfast at one of the traditional breakfast places. In the middle of eating they lost power. Transformer blow. Finished eating. Went shopping. Took short nap. Got back to Gangland around 7:00 last night.

11/10: Clemson win. UofSC laying an egg. Seeing family and friends.

I'm almost happy to be back at work to get some rest.

Sep 3, 2019, 8:52 AM

ALMOST.

Thursday, took the day and hung out with the pup, then off to Clemson mid-afternoon. Got to the tailgate just before 7, couple of beers and into the game. Victory, then break down tailgate, then to Sis' condo to crash.

Friday, up early so Joonyer could do a little shopping downtown and pick up some stuff he ordered at MH Frank, then back home around 2. Mrs. Tig got home around 4 and we headed up to PNC for Frampton. Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Evening opened, and they were good but Frampton was absolutely fantastic.

Saturday, catch up on chores around the house all day, had to run over to RH Mom's and take care of a few things late afternoon, then back home to eat the spaghetti I had been simmering all day long. Was dee-lish, and still put enough sauce in the freezer to eat 4 more times. Gathered bass and beers and went to LOUD rock and roll jam session. Labor Day holiday brought out a few extra players...at one time we had 3 guitars, keyboards, percussion, bass, drums, and singer. I'm sure the neighbors appreciated the free show.

Sunday, super lazy until mid-afternoon, then made a grocery run. Got back and hung around while Mrs. harvested honey from her bee hives, then she got ready and we took off to see Durand Jones & The Indications at the Whitewater Center. They were outstanding.

Monday, slept later than I have in years, woke up around 9:45. I guess 4 nights in a row being up way past my bedtime finally took its toll. Went on a long mid-day hike with the pup along the river. Came back and cleaned up, then ran some errands and went to the Buick dealership to drive a 2011 Lexus GX460 that they had on the lot. Also looked at a 2012 Infiniti QX56, but didn't drive it. Went home and made meatball sandwiches and watched Smokin' Aces. I had forgotten how many recognizable actors were in that movie. Finally crashed at my normal bedtime and slept like a baby log.

After careful calculations were completed, the weekend graded out at 107% and was named Walter Camp Weekend Of The Month.

Pretty good. Except waiting on this slow ### Dorian

Sep 3, 2019, 9:04 AM

to decide what he is going to do to East Coast.

Sat - watched football, drank beer, watched football (Coot loss makes that even better), drank bourbon...overall good day

Sun - played golf in our member's blitz, won some money, drank beer, watched golf and football, drank more beer

Mon - cut the grass and cleaned up the yard in prep for possible tropical storm winds tomorrow and Thursday, watched football, drank bourbon

Overall 7/10 - more s e ch s would have made it rate higher

Message was edited by: tmitchell27®

Message was edited by: tmitchell27®

Friday- Hung out at hotel after going to NYC

Sep 3, 2019, 9:05 AM

on Thiursday night. No alcohol, read and went to sleep at 11.
Saturday- Catch train to Manhattan again. Walk
35 blocks to Wash. Sq. Park. and buy weed from this guy playing chess. Great stuff, great price. Walk around the village, find a stairwell to take a hit. Walk two blocks to 3 Sheets Saloon. Belly up to bar and watch Ohio State and FSU games. Meet some great people, 1 Ohio State chick with bama fan, bunch of FSU people, and one guy who knew a friend of mine at UCF. Pull for Tarholes. Drink 8 Sixpoint Sweet Actions, 1 lemon vodka shot for only $5 with Oho St. Chick.
Went to another bar for AU Oregon and Dawgs game , don't remember what beer, one Tullamore, grab a great slice at a hole in the wall joint, take Uber back to Grand Central and get back to New Haven at 3:30.

Sunday- sleep, read, weed, beers, watch Sooners game.

Monday- Exactly same as Sunday except ND game.

8.5 out of 10 cause Coots.

you're lying - this is just a Lou Reed song.***

Sep 3, 2019, 9:42 AM

Lemme see, Saturday....humm...oh yeah

Sep 3, 2019, 9:10 AM

wife went to get her hair cut and colored. Kept the kids all morning. MAade them a real breakfast with eggs, bacon, grits, toast, etc. Wife got home around lunchtime. Then after lunch went to the grocery store to gawk at the hotties, and to buy food to eat for the next week. Picked up dry cleaning, but they had closed. Washed my car at the do-it-yersef car wash. Got back about 3:30 and drank a STIFF bourbon and coke and watched the Heels dismantle the coots. Watched football rest of night, drank about 4 bud plattys after the 5-shot bourbon drink. Passed out luckily in bed around 11:30pm. Sunday woke up, took ibuprofen and guzzled some Gator Aid, then off to church. Ate lunch, and then from 2-4pm we sold popcorn for the cub scout pack. Women were tossing $20 bills left and right at my 5yo. Raised over $500 in popcorn sales in two hours. I think I might pimp him out. Left there and went to the in-laws, where they and the outlaws had a fish fry with the stripers they caught two weeks ago.

Monday - Extended edition - Wife took oldest and youngest to buy a keyboard for piano lessons which are approaching. I tool middle son and we went and saw dad, and put up his newest bird feeder. He was reading a 2017 Clemson football preview magazine. I took it and gave him the 2019 magazine. Then we went to Subway, where fresh is the taste. Wife came back and we assembled keyboard in oldest's room.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suuuuuuuucked!

Sep 3, 2019, 9:19 AM

Worked all weekend for emergency on call ######## that should have been handled during the week but ####### were all to eager to get the #### out for their three day weekend instead of finishing projects that needed to be completed.

-10/10 (that’s negative 10 of 10 cause it sucked so bad)

Thanks for letting me vent.

Good to ok to Aero rage

Sep 3, 2019, 9:20 AM

Friday after work I headed up to the high school to catch sonof marching in the band. The football team won and I was still reeling from our opening victory.

Saturday we got up at the ace crack of dawn to get the kids down to Hartwell for a race. Thank god we didn't have a game Saturday. Kids raced, I laid around in the Eno for a c couple hrs, went out on dads boat for a bit and sonof got to take his gf out on SharkBait. Caught the tail end of the Carolina game on the way home. So much lulu

Sunday I cooked a London Broil in the crockpot all day. Spent the rest of the day cleaning out the storage room and the garage, reorganized the storage room and started working on Spring Cleaning in the kitchen.

After dinner sonof put the remaining LB down the disposal and all hell broke loose in the kitchen. Well not all hell but the sink was filling up quickly as well the pile of dishes. I started plunging the sink to no avail. Grabbed buckets and drained the sinks, put it all back together, plunged more but no bueno. Call it a night, watched Oregon and Auburn and went to bed.

Monday up early at Lowes to get a drain snake but it didn't help. The two sinks connect behind the drywall and therein lies my problem. Fought with the thing most of the day and then said f it. Complained on Tnet about it, made fun of gamecocks on facebook, ordered a pizza closed the night out watching a movie.

Called a plumber this AM

Excellent

Sep 3, 2019, 9:46 AM

Game Thursday, we all know how that went. Friday I was pretty much worthless, I laid on the sofa and napped most of the day. Watched some more Mindhunter, but didn't even make it down to the lake I felt so bad. Couldn't even think of drinking a beer.

Saturday I was recovered and made it down to the lake at 10 am. Was a beautiful morning, already were a ton of people out though. Went back home and picked up wife so she could go float in the lake for a few hours. Nice and relaxing day.

Sunday and Monday more of the same. Almost killed a man and his two young children in a jon boat, that was kind of exciting. Dude was running right beside me, and all of the sudden just cut right in front of me. I'm honking and waving at him and he just kind of gives me a nod, seemingly not even realizing he almost just got run over. And by almost, I mean it was really close, I could have hit him with an empty beer can. Amazing.

Other highlights include one of those stupid fast pontoons slinging their kids on a tube in front of a pack of performance catamarans hauling ### down the river. Glad they were able to hang on. Had a nice game of chicken with a Moomba ski boat in the widest part of the lake. Jet skis everywhere. Also saw a wakeboard boat swamp a dock, that was a first. They have a nice Boston Whaler on the lift, so I hope they get down to it before it gets too much worse. It was like the wake waterlogged the floats or something.

And of course it's back to work this morning. Got to sit in traffic for awhile due to a wreck, nice little reminder of why I hate coming to Greenville so much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good thing most folks think the lake is closed until

Sep 3, 2019, 9:51 AM

Memorial day.

Seemed like a lot of people were out for the last time

Sep 3, 2019, 9:55 AM

I hope so anyway, even though I pulled my boat out yesterday. I'm on baby watch now, so I doubt I'll be out there for the next month or so.

Your sister sat behind us Thursday at the game.

Sep 3, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Excellent ]

It was kinda weird for a second when I was getting to my seat and then some girl screams "HEY, YOU MARRIED MY BROTHER!" at me. I started to retort that I was married to a woman until I realized who she was and what she meant, LOL.

She finally quit dating yankees, so we're upbeat about it***

Sep 3, 2019, 11:15 AM

How long have they been dating?

Sep 3, 2019, 11:22 AM

His dad and I were at Clemson together, and they've sat behind us now for 4 or 5 years.

I dunno, 6 months maybe?

Sep 3, 2019, 11:31 AM

Seems like an OK guy, he was at Clemson the same time I was. Although we travelled in very, very different circles.

meh. Relaxing weekend turned to Drive-a-thon

Sep 3, 2019, 10:12 AM

Thursday, off- tailgate-game-Awesomeness HOWEVER. Trying to get to Twin Lakes was a cluster! left lot 2. Was going to turn right on Williamson, go over hill then down by pit and turn left on Perimeter, then to Madrin center boom. NO SIR. PoPo blocking ave of champion/williamson road intersection. So, had to turn left on williamson. Ok, will just go 93 then by sikes and turn right on 76 BOOM. NO SIR! exit onto 76 blocked. WTheactualF!!!! so go to publix, turn left on 123, we will go AROUND the effing lake and get on perimeter that way.....NO SIR! 93 one way only....out. So go back THROUGH town and get on 76 that way.....took over 1 1/2 hours to get 4 miles from campus. I could have gotten back to Greenville in that time.

Friday- up at buttcrack of dawn to get boys up and out of campground then to greenville to school.....and work. That day was a waste. Friday night instead of heading back to enjoy lake, family (wife) decided we were attending HS football game. so did

Saturday. Oldest son had D team Jamboree. He has strained knee ligament so no play... but still there....all day. so no lake. Saturday night, friend b-day party...so no lake. decided not to head to camper after so would go Sunday.

Sunday. FINALLY headed back to clemson, stopped by grocery store for dinner etc. Loaded boat and had a beautiful day on lake. Came back and cooked philly cheesesteaks on the Blackstone. built fire and enjoyed peace and quiet.

Monday. got up, cooked breakfast, got an email that oldest had Football practice that evening. I had cancelled football practice for youngest's team (holiday dangit) So had to start cleaning up campsite. took boat back over to storage, and loaded up the beverly hillbillies and went back to greenville.

unloaded perishables and took a nap. took oldest to football practice and witnessed the cluster#### that his Dteam is. Listened to parents ##### about everything and reminded myself how glad I am that I dont normally take oldest to practice. I am sure my team's parents ##### about me but since I am on the field I dont have to hear it.

Tuesday...HERE :( Enjoying a Monday AND a Tuesday rolled into one. Dealing with Hurricane issues up and down the eastern seaboard.

So camping in review. Camper been at Twin Lakes since Friday August 22. total of 11 nights. Spent total of 3 nights there.

Good times!

From Hwy 93, shoulda turned right on the Frontage Rd

Sep 3, 2019, 11:16 AM

Then right on Berkeley, Left on Mechanic, Right at the light in the downtown, then froggered across 76 to go past T. Ed.

HTH for next time

next time imma sit my ### in the lot until 2 hours past

Sep 3, 2019, 11:27 AM

game time and the traffic turns back two ways.

But not at Twin lakes for any other games. Getting Reservations there is a PITA. Will be in Seneca. Much easier to get to.

Turn right at Fike next time

Sep 3, 2019, 2:27 PM [ in reply to meh. Relaxing weekend turned to Drive-a-thon ]

Circle around the p plant and either right towards stadium or left and circle back around toward sirrine

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Rocky start. Good finish

Sep 3, 2019, 10:27 AM

TL:DR -
newpup is a biter and no longer part of the jroberts' household.
Penofin rosewood oil soaked rags really will spontaneously combust if left in the sun
decking is completely oil-treated and the rest of the weekend was relaxing
slept thru lots of evening football

Took the redeye from LA back home on Thursday night. Listened to the game while driving to LAX.

Friday morning get home early. For newpup, it ended up "skiddish around men" really means "agressive and bites people she's not familiar with." Bit me twice in the first 30 minutes of being home. wifeof- says she'd been nipping at her all during the week. Parentsof- show up, newpup bites at my mom then draws blood on my dad. parentsof are ready to go home. Don't want to be around the dog. wifeof- and I talk. I travel too much to dedicate the time she needs for training a year-plus-old pup that needs to learn to stop biting new people. This was not puppy nipping, this was aggressive. Add to that we have kids at home who have friends over. Last thing I want is a "skiddish" dog biting an 8 year old. Call the vet's office back and tell them I'm bringing the dog back to them.

Then I got to tell the kids. Fun. Parentsof- stayed.

Dad and I spent Saturday scrubbing the deck in preparation for an oil coat on the hardwood. Finished the washing with enough time to get the hardwood decking oiled on half the deck. We did learn one thing - the warning label on the can for Penofin is accurate - came up the stairs on the porch after going to get some water, noticed an odd smell. Turn around and the couple oil-soaked rags from wiping excess oil that are laying on the ground are smoking. Sweet holy jesus, Martha, it's one o' them flaming rags! Church Saturday evening then dinner out. Fell asleep watching a random football game.

Sunday - up early to finish oil-treating the deck. The oil looks good on the hardwood decking, also did the cedar posts and railing. Looks ###### good. Took forever. Two gallon-sized cans were just enough (literally had enough to touch up two spots on the deck when finished). Took a lot longer than expected. "We should be done in a couple hours" turned into "we should be done by lunch, if we have a late lunch" which turned into "done around 4:00." Burgers and beer for dinner, fell asleep to Oklahoma v. Houston.

Monday - general clean up around the house. Relaxing day. Took daughterof- to get an iPad for school in lieu of a new laptop (her 4 year old refurb'ed lappy bit the dust). Got sonof- a new baseball glove and started oiling to break it in. Watched some Big Brother back log and the three-fumbles-in-three-plays eye-roll. Fell asleep watching ND and Louisville.

Not a bad weekend. Wish we knew the dog was a biter before we ever picked her up. Could have done without that mess.

Message was edited by: jroberts®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Well, cousin-in-law was bitten when he was 8yo.

Sep 3, 2019, 10:40 AM

Dog owner raised dogs and was visiting with uncle-in-law and the rest of the outlaws, and as soon as he saw the dog bite cousin-in-law, he took the dog, went to his truck, got his gun, shot the dog, and buried it.

Now aside from shooting a dog, was a little more concerned that he bad both a gun AND a shovel in his truck. Said he wasn't going to have a dog that bites. Dog had bitten ONCE before. He's the kind of guy who says EXACTLY what he means and means EXACTLY what he says.

it was okay.

Sep 3, 2019, 10:40 AM

Friday: Off. found out someone had my debit card number and was trying to use. Had to cancel. Found water on my kitchen floor, not sure where it came from. Myfavjr. and I watched local HS team win.

Saturday: went to get mom from rehab and put up at my house until she recovers from broken hip. (UGH!! change of life style) Noticed more water in kitchen. Now realized I have a leak or drain line backed up. Got mom home and settled in. worked on drain line hoping it was issue. mowed grass and watched college football as much as possible.

Sunday: A lot more water on kitchen floor. (UGH!!!!!) went to work for a few hours. Son and I went to Darlington race where he met Ryan Blaney. Endured the rain delay but noticed Myfavjr. getting sleepy around lap 100. Stayed to lap 134 and decided it was best to head on out. (about $2/lap)

Monday: Tons (exaggeration) of water on kitchen. Checked again under kitchen sink and turned off ice maker (the problem). Played with son until time to go back to his moms for a day (back with me tonight). Went to young lady's house to visit for a couple of hours. Went back home to help mom to bed before I retired.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty decent...

Sep 3, 2019, 11:11 AM

Went to Aiken Friday night to pick-up my Mom and go to Edisto. Since we didn't get there until late, we decided to spend the night there, eval the weather Sat morning and maybe drive to Edisto then.

I'm not a big fan of Edisto, so i was pushing to just stay in Aiken, but got overruled by women and kids...so we trek down to Edisto. Raining all of Saturday. Lunch in some small/over-crowded and over-priced place. Dinner at Waterfront...took 30 min to place order and 45 min to get food...all the while we had to listen to some guy play acoustic that had a really weird/bad voice. Was nerve-racking. Food was actually very good though.

Sunday, sun came out and kids and wife were pumped for the beach. We get down there at high-tide and there was quite literally 2 feet of beach between the dunes and the water. Sun got to me as still not 100% after surgery so I bowed out after a while but kids and wife had big time. Lunch at Whaleys...always good. Sis-in-law and niece came to visit from Charleston...kid chaos. Dinner at Sea Cow...once again crowded, uncomfortable, over-priced, food meh...which is more or less the theme at most places on Edisto.

Son-of is fixed on weather and od'd on Weather Channel hurricane coverage. Gov call evac starting at noon on Monday, so we got up bright and early to get out of Edisto before traffic got bad. Avg labor day traffic on back roads to Aiken. Spend some time in Aiken helping my Mom with finances post my Dad passing. Back home to Anderson by 5pm. Watch ND/Louisville game. Bed

Lot of driving and rain but wife and kids had fun, so 5 mehs.

This just in

Sep 3, 2019, 11:17 AM

Edisto sucks big donkey d!cks

MauldinT, where are you???

I've been saying that for a long time.

Sep 3, 2019, 11:21 AM

I never got the lure of the place.

Yep, same here.

Sep 3, 2019, 11:27 AM

But, I have never been able to go somewhere to do nothing. If I'm traveling, then I'm going to squeeze every iota of fun out of a trip. Just to go someplace because you can sit and do nothing is the absolute height of idiocy in my mind. I can do that for free and more comfortably at home.

You don't have to tell me....

Sep 3, 2019, 11:31 AM [ in reply to This just in ]

but was free house from Aunt and Uncle which was pretty swanky, so that made it better.

Uh: Strom Thurmond Rebels 45 Aiken Hornets 0, lulz.***

Sep 3, 2019, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Pretty decent... ]

^^ Still follows HS football?***

Sep 3, 2019, 11:33 AM

INTENSE***

Sep 3, 2019, 11:47 AM

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic