Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Aug 26, 2019, 7:57 AM

Friday night, some of Sharkgirl's friends rolled into town. Stops at Ink and Ivy, Barley's and Gringo's. Gringo's go kinda interesting. I'm too old for that place.

Saturday, to Horizon Records to see Molly Tuttle, look her up. The to some breweries with Sharkgirl's crew.

Sunday, Stax Omega then hemorrhaged money at Academy and Lowe's

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got lucky

Aug 26, 2019, 8:00 AM

twice.

Fishing, swimming, eating, grass cutting, church, 3 days off was good

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Got lucky

Aug 26, 2019, 9:30 AM

You must not be married. :)

Re: Got lucky

Aug 26, 2019, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Got lucky ]

Glad someone did. FML, this was a helluva week/weekend

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got lucky last week.

Aug 26, 2019, 3:22 PM

So next time should be around Halloween if the schedule holds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rough

Aug 26, 2019, 8:09 AM

Friday: Got home felt fine. About 12 am, all hell broke loose and by hell I mean my bowels. Got that stomach virus going around all freaking night.

Saturday: First saturday in a long time I didn't drink a drop of alcohol. Couldn't do much due to being weak. Got dressed, had to lay down, took out trash had to lay back down. Missed getting fitted for the suit for my brother in law's wedding. Was feeling better that night. Sent kids to parents house

Sunday: Got up early to cut grass. Meetings all day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Pretty good

Aug 26, 2019, 8:10 AM

Friday - went out to eat with dawghater2she. All you can eat sushi joint that is surprisingly not sketchy and fantastic. definitely dew again 9/10

Saturday - woke up and went to the tour championship. Good day, obviously got rained out b/c people got struck by lightning. Left and made it home for the florida-miami game (talk about a ######### ending, maybe i was hammers) - 8/10

Sunday - tickets were honored from Sattidy so we went back to the tournament. Left before the ending to beat traffic. 8/10.

only negative of the weekend was because they ran out of polos at the merch tent. nothing left but smediums.

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Aug 26, 2019, 8:15 AM

Fri/Sat/Sun...Batched it.

Grilled some meats, drank some beers.

10/10...will due again...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Went and saw OAR at Stubbs.

Aug 26, 2019, 8:19 AM

Got blackout on Rainey after, woke up with my raybans destroyed, and the girl that's our CEO's assistant in my bed.

Today is gonna be fun.

Up to 200 shows yet?

Aug 26, 2019, 8:22 AM

Also, pigs...

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was my first show on this tour. Took a break

Aug 26, 2019, 8:35 AM

and decided to Follow Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness this summer out to Hawaii and have Zac Clark come play at the house.

Not living on the east coast really makes it a pain to get to see them more, so I'm holding steady at 161.

Ok, for real, this is not detailed enough.

Aug 26, 2019, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Went and saw OAR at Stubbs. ]

And do i really have to say it?

Pigs

PLEASE no pigs of CEO's assistant. But can you at least

Aug 26, 2019, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Went and saw OAR at Stubbs. ]

kindly remit some cotdang deets about bedding her? kthx!

Re: PLEASE no pigs of CEO's assistant. But can you at least

Aug 26, 2019, 11:06 AM

Awesome fake fall weather was awesome

Aug 26, 2019, 8:19 AM

Friday, Took the camper to Twin Lakes for the week. (sadly I will not be AT the camper all week but alas..) Enjoyed a beautiful fake fall evening with a fire and Bojangles chicken.

Saturday up at the azzcrack of dawn, headed back to greenville for 12U football jamboree. Boys did well. improved significantly from last weeks scrimmage. Scored one TD and held other team scoreless in 20 offensive plays each. It was a better game than Miami/Florida. Saturday afternoon headed back to clemson, wife wanted to go to university shop since she has shrunk out of all of her clemson clothes. (winning!) Then went to camper to relax. Kids played in the lake, wife and I built fire and set up the satellite and TV and watched football. Grilled out and watched that cluster#### of a "football" game from orlando.

Sunday, piddled around and staged some tailgating gear in the camper. I plan to go by there early thursday am to load in truck and be in lot by 10. Then locked everything up and headed home around 2. staged some stuff in the garage for Wednesday packing. reloaded football tackling dummies etc for practice this week. Wife cooked pot roast and taters/carrots and we vegged.

Monday. Work, football practice
Tuesday. Work, Football practice
Wed. Work football practice
Thursday. up and to the lot! grill to be hot by 11. Smoked wings then the ribs go on. Should be done by 5 or so. just in time for wife and kids to arrive.

Friday. To be determined.......
Saturday-Monday. Boatin, campin, drinkin, etc.

Please to be providing

Aug 26, 2019, 8:27 AM

Lot and space #.

How else will we be able to crash your party?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

East coast party don't ever end......

Aug 26, 2019, 8:22 AM

Friday listened to a parade of therapist talk to wife. Shot sunrise. Watched westerns. Napped. Watched a little high school football on tube. Cooked hamburgers and french fries.

Saturday Watched westerns all day. Three granddaughters came by and took me to Shealy's BBQ for late lunch. Didn't eat anything that evening cuz Shealy's.

Sunday Went to shoot sunrise. Too cloudy. Had four granddaughters and grandson visit. I made them hotdogs with chili. We had birthday cake for desert. Sunday evening made Tombstone pizza for girls.

Monday Went to shoot sunrise. See below.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome shot.***

Aug 26, 2019, 9:29 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8/10 thx 4 aksing

Aug 26, 2019, 8:23 AM

Fri: CU visit, checked on build site, pizza nite
Sat: Lazy day, Takosushi in evening' lobster roll and tuna sashimi
Sun: Took G-sons to play Par3 golf next to I-385; burgers and beer
Crash....

Think I'm in the Twilight Zone

Aug 26, 2019, 8:24 AM

Friday night drank and slapt. Normal.

Saturday mornin was watching TV with the kids. Wife disappeared for a while. I go to take a dump in the bathroom and she's in our closet. CLEANING OUT CRAP. She said she was tired of not being able to walk on her side of the closet, after 8 years. And she tossed out 3 garbage bags of old clothes that no longer fit. I was shocked to say the least.

THEN kids and I keep watching TV and she goes into their toy room and starts cleaning and tossing out stuff. I wasn't about to change anything. Kids wanted to go out and play and I made them stay and watch more TV. Wasn't about to change a thing since a miracle was underway. Tossed out maybe 3/4 of the cheap, broken, plastic toys they've been collecting for years. You can see the floor in there now.

Eventually had to give in and took two oldest to cub scouts for Launch Day.

Sunday went to see dad, buy groceries, and went to preschool orientation for youngest.

Was an interesting weekend to say the least. Wife only cleans when she's preggers. And that's not supposed to be an option now. So I'm stumped, but no arguments here attal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pawleys/Charleston last week...was awesome

Aug 26, 2019, 8:43 AM

Spent the first half of the week with my family digging my toes in the sand and drinking beers at North Litchfield beach. Then on Wednesday the GF and I peeled away from the fam and did our own mini-trip to Charleston.

Stayed one night on the other side of the bridge in Mount Pleasant at this newer spot right on the water at the Marina called the Beach Club at Charleston Harbor Resort. Really badass hotel, pool was the awesome and pretty much got daydrunk at the pool all day.

None of these photos are mine, stock Google ones

Then went into town and stayed at the Dewberry, this hotel is pretty awesome. The downstairs bar looks like something out of Great Gatsby, the rooftop is on the 8th level and has really great views of the city.

In between managed to squeeze in dinners at 82 Queen and Peninsula Grill, so to sum up the trip

I really like the Charleston Harbor resort

Aug 26, 2019, 9:58 AM

We stayed there and kept the boat at the marina, probably one of the better weekends of my life. If they had a boat ramp it'd be perfect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was surprised how nice the actual hotel was

Aug 26, 2019, 11:32 AM

Pool is obviously a huge perk but the rooms were huge and they put some money into the decor

This was NOT a cheap week for you***

Aug 26, 2019, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Pawleys/Charleston last week...was awesome ]

#LDRLIFE

Aug 26, 2019, 11:33 AM

No butt seriously, it was expensive but more palatable as Chase Sapphire points give you a good deal on the hotel rooms

FALLTACULAR.

Aug 26, 2019, 8:49 AM

Friday, home from work and walked pup, had a beer or couple while waiting for SS Minnow to run aground in the typhoon, finally broke enough to run to the car so we could go eat some freaking delicious tacos at El Molcajete. Hadn't been there in a long while even though it's just down the road, and it did not disappoint. Paid the check and drove to Free Range Brewing to see the legendary Jim Lauderdale. Quite possibly one of the most intimate and personal solo shows I've ever seen. Got to chat with him afterward for a long while, turns out we have mutual friends and acquaintances, as well as the fact that we probably were at church camp up in the mountains at the same time as kids.

Saturday, Mrs. got me up at the crack of dawn to help her get Mom-in-law's golf cart ready to sell, so rode to York and checked it over, charged it, helped her with a few other things around the house before heading back home. Took the pup on a hike, then back to the house for Choremageddon. Cleaned things that we've neglected all summer in our frenzy of live music travels. Got ready to head out to the 101st quarterly meeting of our Supper Club, had a great time and we ate at the White Horse. It always amazes me how their food has been consistent for 50 years. The grinder I had tasted exactly like when I was a kid. Did not watch any of the Florida Slopfest football game other than passing by the TV at the bar and catching the score. Finally made it home just before midnight.

Sunday, slept in for a minute, then back to York to check on the golf cart and halp Mrs. move some boxes around. I left her there and made a grocery run. Got back to the house and had a lunchy thing, pup wanted to go out so we strolled down the road, came back and jumped on the tractor and pushed back the Vietnamese jungle that I have ignored for a couple of weeks. Finished up, cracked a beer, and started on boudin that Sis' boyfriend brought me back from Louisiana, fresh corn on the cob, and cheesy julienne tater casserole for dinner. Ate, watched Walking Dead and Preacher, crashed.

I'm only able to give the weekend a 10.5/10 because there were so many chores to be done. At least the weather was glorious (minus the tropical DeathStorm Friday night).

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aight.

Aug 26, 2019, 8:50 AM

19She is in AZ for her nephew's wedding, so I'm flying solo until she gets back tomorrow night.

Friday: go to fran's house so our collective kids can play and we can drink Claws and throw cornhole and discuss politics and philosophy. All of those things happened. His wife returned home from the Alan Jackson concert, which was either at the North Charleston Coliseum, or somewhere down yonder on the Chattahoochee, at 11:30ish. Fran isn't really "allowed" to drink much just because he doesn't have an off switch, so he tried to play it off, but it wasn't really working. I ran interference and tried to keep her attention focused on me for the first 5 minutes, but she's too smart for us.

Saturday: MUHFUGGIN' COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS BACK, BABY. Set up the smoker for wangs and ribs, few store runs, etc. We're making a first run/iteration at the ribs we're going to make for the competition in November (forget who posted it here, but thanks again). Buddy rubbed a rack at 10am and fridged them until he got over at 3. Quickly realized that a rack wasn't going to suffice for like 5 dudes, so he grabbed another at Food Lion. Sauced the second rack with some storebought (but downright delicious) sauce, and left the first one with just the dry rub. They turned out decently, sauced ones were probably a little better, but that second rack from FL was just bigger and meatier and better anyway. That was part of the difference. Will try wrapping them for an hour or two next time mid-smoke.

Also did 36 wings that needed to be removed from my freezer after an extended period of time, so this was a good opportunity. Did 90 minutes on smoke, then 90 seconds in 375 degree peanut oil. Jerk rubbed were marginally better than BBQ seasoning rubbed, but both good. Went exploring with sauces, and ended up with a bizarre and surprisingly good wing with jerk dry rub, Frank's XHot buffalo sauce, and Alabama white sauce. That's too much to hand to anybody in a wing competition, but at home, it's delightful.

Also had leftover chanterelle risotto from earlier in the week. Rolled that goodness into balls and stuffed mozzarella in them, and fried them into a new form of goodness.

Watched some ugly, ugly feetball.

Sunday: had intentions of taking the kids to a movie or something. Spent most of day on couch after cleaning the kitchen.

8/10, wood dew again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aight.

Aug 26, 2019, 9:16 AM

What's your timing on the ribs? I normally do a 3-2-1 with the 2 hour cook wrapped.

For competition ribs i usually rest the last hour instead of cooking, then crisp on a hot grill for 20 minutes or so. This way the ribs aren't fall of the bone but the meat is still tender and pulls away easily. Also they present well with the caramelized "sauce".

PS: This timing is for spareribs. I typically cut to a 2-2-1 for babybacks.

I'm light on rib experience, so it's all kinda experimental

Aug 26, 2019, 9:24 AM

at this point. Grill was running pretty hot at 275 (good for the wings, probably a bit high for pig), so we sorta dialed back on the time--they probably did around 4 hours at that temp. I think that was a little long, so time or temp need to drop in the next run. I want to try wrapping, and I like the idea of direct heat crisping at the end, but that can also get dicey. A rack can catch fire and burn up just walking to the cooler to get a fresh beer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm light on rib experience, so it's all kinda experimental

Aug 26, 2019, 9:44 AM

So my go-to rib cook, like i said, is a 3-2-1. Dry rub the ribs, heavy on the heat in the rub (this will be your sauce). Smoke 3 hours bone down at 225. Pull ribs and cover in honey and squeeze butter, wrap and return to grill for two hours.

The last hour: if i'm cooking at home i unwrap and return to the grill still at 225 for the last hour. These will literally fall apart and everyone will love them but are typically too "loose" for competition scoring. If competing, i will rest the last hour (wrapped) and then finish on a 400 degree grill (yes, watching for flareups) about 10 minutes per side to bark and reach desired turn in temp.

Pretty good...Saw my wife on the side of a truck

Aug 26, 2019, 8:58 AM
holly2.jpg(190.9 K)

Friday night we hung out at the house because we only had a one year old and she goes to sleep around 8. So we listened to music and drank a responsible amount of bourbon and gingers.

Saturday got up late because the baby slept late and went to get oldest daughter from SAT in Camden. Then home where we all took naps before getting dressed to go to Brad Paisley in Charlotte. My wife loves him and I like him alright. Took oldest daughter and her friend too. Brad was a'ight. His concerts are more highlight reel than concerts. He does half versions of all his hits with manufactured guitar solos thrown into every song. He's a good guitarist but it feels technical. Between he and Keith Urban, the other poppy country guy I like a'ight, Urban feels like he's playing music because he loves it, Paisley feels like he's playing because it pays the bills.

Got pulled for sleepiness on the way home but just got a warning from the friendly highway patrol man.

Sunday we cleaned the hell out of the house and then drove to Florence to pick up kids. Halfway there, my wife glanced up at a truck we were passing and said, "Hey, that's me!" and sure enough her picture was on the side of a furniture truck. See Attached.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wood***

boing***

Aug 26, 2019, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Pretty good...Saw my wife on the side of a truck ]

good note on Brad vs Keith, 2 I can tolerate but don't own.

Aug 26, 2019, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Pretty good...Saw my wife on the side of a truck ]

both are more guitar wizards than most popular "country" dudes, but with that talent should go knowledge of fitting into the song, not just showing off. Actually, I hate myself for liking Keith Urban a lil.

dint know your wife was famous, congrats. I was born in Camden, no relation to any famous rich Yankees wit horses.

fantastic and stylish humblebrag....12/10

Aug 26, 2019, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Pretty good...Saw my wife on the side of a truck ]

You're bobbing and weaving, and we are all just waiting to get to the end and roast you about your predilection for ####### country, and then at the very end you drop a "oh yeah my wife is smoking hot" bomb on us.

Well done sir, well done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good overall

Friday: NO idea, Fridays are just a blur now.

Saturday: Up and shopped for a while, took wife of and kids to supper to celebrate a birthday. Got home and peppered my angus for the next day

Sunday: up early team had a match against a team you may ahve heard of....Barcelona. Yep, Messi, Suarez.
Just kidding, but we played a pretty good team, then drove through West Columbia, Cayce, and Gaston to get to Swansea to watch my daughter play her match. Gaston is not nearly as bad as I remembered, Swansea on the other hand.......anywho, got sunburned but enjoyed the incredible weather.

If you took the first derivative it'd be a zero, but if you integrate that ####, it's a 10.

Wood dew a Ginn

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty awesome

Aug 26, 2019, 9:18 AM

Showed up Wednesday night at Amelia. 2 beautiful days on the beach. Timoti's seafood shak in Fernandina was awesome. Only place I know where you can get a side of calamari. Survived some how the evening booze cruise around Cumberland Island.

Got up early Saturday and got home, picked up dogs and went to Clemson for Deadly Crank Dogs at Spittoono. Weather was cool. Wrapped up the night at Backstreets with Grateful Bros.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Meh/10

Aug 26, 2019, 9:28 AM

Had plans about middle of last week to pool it all weekend. Well, mother nature tried to fuck me out of that.

Saturday morning was going to run but chickened out cause rain. Did 1.5 hours of classes with the wife, Body Pump for an hour and Body Attack for 30 minutes. Grabbed grub at Nishie G's then home to yell at kids for the rest of the day. Rainy and overcast and had to hang out with Dad cause he can't be left alone. My brother leaves their house at say 2:15 and I walk over at 2:25ish. As I walk up, Dad is getting in the car to drive off. He can't drive. He can't stand up and walk without a walker, and his reaction time is ####. I semi-cussed him out for being a dumbass and got him and the walker back in the house where he almost fell down the stairs. Had I not been behind him waiting, he would have gotten real bad fucked up. Anyways, he was mad at me for the rest of the day for not letting him go joy riding and kill himself and possibly others. He hasn't driven in 10 months and the last time he busted up his mirror hitting a tree. Tried to watch football but Miami and Florida just were terrible. The days just kinda sucked overall. But hey, there is always sunday.

Sunday sucked too. Church then lunch then groceries ($300 fookin dollars) and then home to attempt the pool. But Mom wants me to take Dad to church for some ########. I gotta cut grass though and it has been 2 weeks so it is high AF in the back yard. Kids are being shitheads at the pool, wife is stressing cause of them, so I go get on the lawnmower and spend the next couple hours taking care of business. Wife takes kids to another pool and they miraculously perk up and act like the know what they are supposed to do. Anyways, grill out some turkey burgers and cook broccoli for dinner, mac and cheese for the kiddos as well as fruit, and then get ready for the school week.

Kids suck getting back into school mode. Wife is in a terrible mood too cause her summer is gone and so was the sun. 2/10.

Pretty good

Aug 26, 2019, 9:52 AM

Got my Blackstone griddle in this week, so had to cook every meal on it this weekend. Cooked brunch burgers Friday night, came out awesome. Really not sure why the bacon tasted so much better on the griddle, but it did. Burgers were great, egg was egg. Sat night did fried shrimp/rice which also came out good, although I think I cooked the shrimp a little too hot/long and didn't cook the rice long enough. Pancakes and bacon Sunday for brunch/lunch, then did chicken strips and okra last night. May be one of the best things I've ever purchased.

Aside from that I just piddled on my boat and did a few things in the yard. Found I have one small spot of fiberglass blistering on my hull, so add that to the list of #### that I'll have to address. Going to haul it out next weekend and pull all of the striping off anyway, figure I'll address the blisters then. Going with the classic no graphics look, and an orange boot stripe. I think it'll come out looking good.

Hoping to make it through labor day without wife actually going into labor, then after that we'll pretty much be on baby watch 24/7 and my life as I know it ends.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Skrimps are easy to cook too long.

Aug 26, 2019, 9:55 AM

I've rubberized a lot of shrimp in my day.

If it is pink, eat it

Aug 26, 2019, 9:57 AM

is a good philosophy with shrimp too

Not sure if it's better to do them really hot and fast or

Aug 26, 2019, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Skrimps are easy to cook too long. ]

lower and slower. Probably hot and fast.

hot and fast is definitely best when grilling or using grill

Aug 26, 2019, 10:50 AM

pan. Otherwise, you won't get grill marks till their way over cooked.

Re: Pretty good

Aug 26, 2019, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Pretty good ]

I've been trying to talk myself into getting one of these griddles for a while now.

I have a feeling i'm going to be really pissed when i do get it that i didn't do it sooner.

You will be. I went from "I'm not sure how much I'll

Aug 26, 2019, 10:06 AM

actually use this" to "Holy #### where has this been my whole life" after the first cook. The ease of cleanup alone makes it worth it.

Fried rice tip

Aug 26, 2019, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Pretty good ]

Cook rice normally a day in advance. Or at least several hours in advance. Then put it in the fridge long enough to get it down to fridge-cold temp.

Cook on pretty high heat...for longer than you would think.

Add egg, onion, scallions, and whatever else you want. Also equal parts butter, sesame oil, and olive oil.

MUST HAVES FOR GRIDDLE:
Scraper. Get one RIGHT NOW if you haven't already.
Olive oil. Go one and invest in a gallon. And a squirt bottle. Trust me on this.
Paper towels. Buy a truck load.

Reseason with olive oil and wipe with paper towels after scraping. Every. Single. Use.

Think that's where I went wrong on the rice

Aug 26, 2019, 10:10 AM

I cooked it earlier that morning, it was still kind of warm. Already ordered some of those griddle spatula's and a scraper, I was doing everything with tongs and a massive spatula I use to take boston butts off the smoker....Not the most ideal tools.

I feel like I need a Blackstone decal on my truck or something now.

Good boy. Yas, gotta get that shat cold.

Aug 26, 2019, 10:36 AM

Stir it periodically and let it cool at room temp. THEN fridge it. You go sticking it straight away from stove to fridge and the middle of that stuff won't ever get cold.

Griddle Life.***

Aug 26, 2019, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Think that's where I went wrong on the rice ]

Very meh. Ready for Clemson football. But APM ain’t got the ACC Network.

Aug 26, 2019, 9:55 AM

Whatever.

Dem Natties Doh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very meh. Ready for Clemson football. But APM ain’t got the ACC Network.

Aug 26, 2019, 9:58 AM

7 day free trial of Hulu Live my man.

thanks for the tip. Noticed my Hulu has the ACC Digital

Aug 26, 2019, 10:00 AM

Network. Just showing reruns of baseball.

Maybe I can get the preview thingy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Colorful

Aug 26, 2019, 10:29 AM

I painted the inside of the house all weekend. It wasn't really that colorful as its just some generic off white that every house has in it (that costs $44/gallon. WT F?), but I just wanted to say "colorful" because paint. Get it?

Anyway, Saturday night wife of "helped" me paint until she got tired of it about an hour later, then went back to drinking wine and doing whatever women do on their phone. It probably would have been best had she just not helped, as I had to go back on Sunday and fix most of what she had painted anyway. Of course, me doing that started yet another argument that lasted all day, and at this point, I feel like FBCoachSC®, go ahead and sell this house, not buy another one, payout whatever I "owe" (which is hilarious all unto itself) and calling this whole thing a day. I'm too old and tired of all this constant bickering, so I just went and got drunk yesterday afternoon with a friend.

Turns out today was the first of many "drop off your kid at private Catholic school race" that happens every day on the street in front of our house. All the private school parents use the road in front of our house as shortcut and do 60mph in a 25mph zone to avoid Coleman blvd traffic. I hope my dog, or anyone's kid never gets out there because if they do, they'll get run over by some parent going way to fast after dropping off their kid. Anyway, the Pods storage container dude got here early and was trying to back in my driveway to drop off the pod, and some b!tch in a 4runner tried to go between him and my driveway while he was backing up. He didn't stop but she had to (or get backed into), and she just sat there for like 30 seconds...he couldn't move, she wouldn't back up, and traffic was piling up behind her. Finally, she rolled down her window, yelled something to me about dropping her kid off (like I care), flipped off the truck driver, and backed up about 3 feet--just enough for him to finish backing in my driveway. Then she sped off like she was in pole position at Talladega.

I'm already giving this week a -5/10 suck stars because it started sucking before the week even started.

I painted a couple of rooms in our old house trying to

Aug 26, 2019, 10:50 AM

get it ready to sell, ended up looking like ####. Not a single person who walked through the house commented on my terrible painting. They all had at least one asinine complaint, like the slope of the side yard (it sloped away from the house, w tf?), concrete patio chipped, didn't like the color of the flowers planted, etc.....but not the paint job in the master bath that I literally painted blackout drunk. Kind of amazed me.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about getting it perfect, I think most people are going to redo it anyway just for the sake of change.

Yeah I think you are right.

Aug 26, 2019, 10:51 AM

I'll finish up today, and what doesn't get done, won't get done.

We just closed on a new property and it is

Aug 26, 2019, 12:32 PM [ in reply to I painted a couple of rooms in our old house trying to ]

fairly freshly painted, but the paint job and color are just ok. I will probably end up repainting everything. I've done enough painting that I'm pretty gd good at it, but not looking forward to it at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I see why painters are alcoholics.

Aug 26, 2019, 12:40 PM

Its pretty mind numbing.

I just taped off the risers and stringers of 8 steps and almost put myself to sleep.

Amazing

Aug 26, 2019, 10:32 AM

but I have to catch a plane and dont have time to write but

Beer
Boats
Bunk Beds
Bourbon
##### (wife's, no pics)

All of those happened and just about in that order.

10/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

purty good, bike, beer, booty and ball, no boat. went for a

Aug 26, 2019, 10:38 AM

ride saturday, got drenched when we got caught in a storm. watched what some called a football game, not sure who sux worse miami or florida. can't wait for thursday night.

Great

Aug 26, 2019, 10:57 AM

Went to Asheville for a "dude's weekend". A buddy hosted 11 of us bros at his house. We got hammered, played poker, played golf, hammers again, woke up sunday, hung out some, and drove back home. Got home and slept like a rock. My entire body is sore AF. Great time was had by all.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

sorry about your bunghole***

Aug 26, 2019, 1:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wife wrecked my car Friday night

Aug 26, 2019, 11:58 AM

-999,999,999,999/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you wreck her as payback***

Aug 26, 2019, 12:44 PM

Pretty much

Aug 26, 2019, 1:14 PM

and not done yet

redhead stuff?***

Aug 26, 2019, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Wife wrecked my car Friday night ]

Did she get mad at you because she wrecked it?

Aug 26, 2019, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Wife wrecked my car Friday night ]

Because that seems like a woman thing to do.

His fault for forgetting to tell her you got to pump the

Aug 26, 2019, 3:21 PM

brakes.

mine was pretty good..

Aug 26, 2019, 4:29 PM

Was lazy most of Saturday
But Sunday got to Show my family the house I’m moving Into.
It is such a blessing. And I’m very thankful.
Hope y’all are good!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Aug 26, 2019, 4:36 PM

#### fine weekend.

Friday, did crap around the house.

Saturday, went and dropped the dog off at moms and picked up brother and headed to Greenville. Checked into hotel. Paid $9 for 2 meatballs at Limoncello's. They were good meatballs.

Went back to the hotel and met up with cmfreeman® . Went and got some food (peanut butter tacos FTW) before going over to the Peace Center.

Not realizing that alcohol wasn't allowed in the actual theater, me and brother both bought 3 beers a piece before trying to go in. After being confronted by the usher, Cmfreeman had to help us finish them off before we entered.

Molly Tuttle opened and did a commendable job. Then Isbell came on. I wouldn't say he melted my face off because the acoustics in the Peace Center are outstanding. But I would say that it was the best show I've ever been able to attend. He is every bit as good as on his records. Seeing his stage presence now compared to his YouTube videos from 6-8 years ago is freaking unbelievable. The guy is a rockstar and worth every dime (talking about Isbell, but the same could be said for cmfreeman).

I would have liked to see Amanda Shires there, but I understand she has other obligations.

After the show, we went to the bar. I slammed 3 pints of Jai-Lai in about 30 minutes trying to play catchup. It snuck up on me later. Next thing you know I was falling asleep on the bar stool, seeing as how staying out late isn't something I'm accustomed to.

10/10, would do again.

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic