Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 721

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Apr 8, 2019, 8:15 AM

Friday, took a night off from doing house stuff. Spent most of the time getting Vomitfest Stuff.

Saturday, Vomitfest. AMA Back home at a decent hour. Hangover showed up about 9 PM this time so I just got in the bed.

Sunday. Slow moving day. Had to go to Lowe's then yet more house stuff. I think the caulking adventure is done, at least until I elect to just re-tile the whole tub.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Springy

Apr 8, 2019, 8:22 AM

Fri - Had family over for dad's birthday, ate wings
Sat - Turkey hunted in the morning, Easter egg hunting in the afternoon, pond fishing in the late afternoon, grilled burgers
Sun - Church, chores, fishing, pizza

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Springy

Apr 8, 2019, 8:57 AM

Didja shoot a turkey?

Have you ever shot a turkey?

I tried turkey hunting once and hated it. I'll stick to deers and other critters.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I did not shoot a turkey

Apr 8, 2019, 9:41 AM

Yes, I have shot several turkeys.

Turkey hunting is more fun than deer hunting imo, more challenging fo sho.

I like to shoot jive turkeys.***

Apr 8, 2019, 11:52 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tore up some bass Saturday

Apr 8, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Springy ]

For about an hour there, I was almost getting a bite every cast. Ended up catching 8 on the day, all in one spot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ned rig?***

Apr 8, 2019, 11:48 AM

No luck with it, caught all on a 1/16 chartreuse roost tail***

Apr 8, 2019, 12:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers won and lost but I didn't die.

Apr 8, 2019, 8:29 AM

Friday - mostly nada

Sattidy - VF19 - Got to actually meet RH, Aero, TOTE, 19B, TXTF and Shorty (who is taller than I thought). Also nice to meet Sharkgirl and Chick. Good times. Later hit the Esso, TTT and TD's. Chilled waiting on the family in from of Tillman enjoying the views and breeze.

Sunday - Got the garden planted

12/10 - (+ a brazillion for meeting Kelli and Sharkgirl). Wood dew again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Welp, the Tigers won and lost but I didn't die.

Apr 8, 2019, 8:56 AM

Are you the scraggly beareded one or the Mike Williams looking one? I recognized everyone else in the picture.

I didn't see the pig.

Apr 8, 2019, 8:58 AM

Linky-poo por favor?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I'll take that as a "yes".

Apr 8, 2019, 9:04 AM

I saw it on WSB.

Quite good

Apr 8, 2019, 8:32 AM

Dinged around in the rain Friday and went to friends for supper, she (no pics) made homemade pasta - very good.
Saturday, judged bbq at the Hub City Hogfest and went to a snooty art event - got to squeeze in the spring game on TV in between and worked on deck repairs for a couple of hours
Sunday, lunch with mommer n dem at the CC of Murderburg got to miss the Tigers blow a lead to miss the sweep.

Thanks for having me at vomitfest

Apr 8, 2019, 8:41 AM

I was the tall black guy that looked like Mike Williams. I enjoyed meeting some of you guys. thank you for the hospitality.

Friday: Don't remember

Apr 8, 2019, 8:41 AM

Saturday: sent the kids off to the in-laws for birthday festivities. Reverse seared a steak for the first time. That was delicious. Long ##### session.

Sunday: Lunch at in-laws house and to pick up the kids. Spent the afternoon playing outside with the kids. Then sister-in-law and nephews came over and had another steak.

I'm steaked out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Apr 8, 2019, 8:49 AM

"boobies"

-gringo

Good, Bad & ugly...

Apr 8, 2019, 8:50 AM

Good - Saturday at the Spring game, getting to meet a handful of lungers late in the day. TOTE1, Aero, 19B and RH Tig. Getting to hang out with my wife and baby in Clemson all day. Friday was mostly good.

Bad - missed the early crowd at VF19 due to inability to get up and going Saturday morning.

Ugly - After yard work and grocery store Sunday I started watching bar rescue. One of the signature drinks they introduced at a bar was a Manhattan and so I started making Manhattans. Manhattans are my Kryptonite. They taste really good so I drink them too fast. I remember cooking chinese food for dinner but I don't remember eating it. Then I remember my wife waking me up to go to bed and getting irritated with her for making me get off the couch and get in bed. Then I remember waking up and apologizing before taking kids to school.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 10/10.....Tigers took Louisville......'Nuff Said

Apr 8, 2019, 8:51 AM

And Tigers football is still undefeated.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually they are 1-1. The orange team lost.***

Apr 8, 2019, 9:00 AM

Re: True.....but we haven't lost to anyone but Clemson

Apr 8, 2019, 9:25 AM

Which makes us undefeated in the eyes of the world. ;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And undefeated in the eyes of Tommy Bowden.***

Apr 8, 2019, 9:44 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good.

Apr 8, 2019, 8:54 AM

Nearly completed my bathroom project. Put paint on the walls, procured and hung a mirror, mounted the towel racks, toilet paper hangers, and pictures. Feeling pretty, pretty good about that. Only thing left is the door (to arrive on 4/10) and light fixture over the vanity. Big win for the ol' boy.

Drank some good beers. Wife bought some USDA CHOICE (baller status for UDP's like myself) ribeyes. Big ol' 2" thick honkers. We grilled them and they was baller.

Went to see SarahAdidas's grandma on Sunday. Ate some dry-ass roast and rice with onions (###?).

Kids swam in the Adidaspool for the first time this year. Their lips turnt blue. Had a nerf war. I bought those cheapass amazon darts, so they hurt like helll it was fun.

Came home, cleaned around the house and started watching Highwaymen, based on a Junge recomendatino. It looked good, but I fell asleep.

Please posts review of show when over. Interested***

Apr 8, 2019, 9:51 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you ever get that orange mosaic tile?***

Apr 8, 2019, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Pretty good. ]

I had a few samples. It didn't look good.

Apr 8, 2019, 1:00 PM

Wife was on board with it, but I decided to punt that idea. Went with a black and white theme. Very classy.

Spent 48 hours cleaning the condo to sell

Apr 8, 2019, 8:55 AM

it sucked. Moving sucks. We own too much stuff and got rid of a ton and still have too much stuff.

Also, did some caulking last night. It was acrylic though and went on and smoothed out easy and looks #### good if I do say so myself. If anyone wants a condo in Greenville, let me know.

ROH

Totally vomit-free!

Apr 8, 2019, 9:01 AM

Until Ford's 7 month old spit up on my arm. But we totally got past that and she loves me now. And we're all pleased that she looks like her mother.

Ate some death chili. It has some flavor. Wood dew again. A whole bowl would hurt several times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My weekend was a totally rad awesome possum weekend.

Apr 8, 2019, 9:03 AM

Friday, Mrs. had her book club gathering, so I went to hang out with RH Mom for a bit, then home to walk the pup, then warmed up some leftover puhsketti from the freezer while getting all my standard weekend chores done early. Had a couple of beers and watched Friday, then crashed.

Saturday, up early, got the pup out, then tossed a few Schlitz in the cooler and struck out for VomitFest 2019 sponsored by Canadian Hunter Whiskey. Initiated a few new faces to lifetime memberships at the cool kids table. I think we're gonna need a bigger table #chiefbrody.jpg. Decided to see how the other half survives and watched first half and halftime from the UDP section. It's horrible up there...no servants, no gourmet buffet, no open bar, no high class hookers working the section...I'm NEVER going back there. Back to tailgate and tried to make sure I could drive home at some point. Hung out until everybody was leaving and then decided I was going downtown. Much like my morning arrival at VomitFest...Mothra smiled on me with premium parking and no wait. Snagged one of these for a coffee cup (Still may do the make your own coffee cup style, but this will work for now).

Got home around 9:30, watched end of some strange game where kids try to put a ball into a peach basket, then crashed.

Sunday, woke up and drank coffee from my new coffee utensil, sat around in a daze until gaining the clarity to go to the grocery store, back home to walk the pup, the off to play LOUD rock and roll with the band. Had a good time, pulled out my Rickenbacker for the first time in months. I like that bass, but I'm seriously thinking I might go play a Fender Precision and work a trade if I like the way it plays. Back home to throw a pot pie in the microwave, tidy up the kitchen, then flop into the Big Chair and watched the Hitchcock classic Strangers On A Train before bedding down.

If every weekend could be like this past weekend, it would be delightful and unhealthy. But delightful.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Apr 8, 2019, 9:25 AM

Sat morn I was up at 4 am and preparing for my first fishing trip in three years. Tues evening oldest son asked to borrow the boat for Sat. One of his co-workers wanted to go fishing. It was nothing to me since I'm still working on the project car's wood trim. He came home Wed and told me their boss had said the co-worker had to work Sat.

The friend had been on and off about going all week and nearly nothing keeps me off the water when I get that urge. So I played the card I'd had up my sleeve. I told the son I hoped I didn't die before we got to spend another day fishing together. Of course he knew I was joking but we caught 15 LM bass anyway. Sat was 8/10 because none of them were over 4 lbs and we tossed 12 back including everything under a lb and over two lbs.

Sun, cleaned and cooked fish. 10/10

Ave, 9/10 will do again with other son next weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I cherish every fishing trip I get with my dad

Apr 8, 2019, 9:43 AM

Getting ready to increase McJr's fishing trips. It's cool when we all 3 on the boat.

I wish my kids could have met my father.

Apr 8, 2019, 12:30 PM

He was a 36 year old child when he died. For decades my sister and younger brother said he never spent any time with his children, so much in fact I believed it. When I was about 40 I was taking my kids to E TN to see my mother. As we passed the waterways starting at Knoxville all the way to where we lived in Rockwood I reminisced at fishing each and every waterway many times.

With extreme consideration I determined that neither of my siblings like being around our father because he made them mind, work and be dependable. Now I'm a Clemson grad and neither of them finished the ninth grade.

I appreciate you for spending time with your dad. That's probably one of his greatest treasures and when he's gone if I'm still around I am going to remind you that you were a good son. Blessing on all three generations of your family. You are that blessing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very nice. Been going fishing w my Dad a lot lately.

Apr 8, 2019, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

He is 65 now so I’m starting to really cherish it bc it won’t last forever. Plus he is probably just teaching me how to striper fish and where the fish are so when he gets older I’ll be the one chartering the boat and handing him fish to reel in. It’s all a clever plan

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I swear to my mother that I never used the...

Apr 8, 2019, 12:33 PM

old 'when I'm gone,' line on a child and would never do so with any measure of seriousness. We laughed about that all day Sat and he shared it with his brother as soon as he saw him.

...and yes, we fathers have a way of marginalizing our expenditures on our kids. It's a marathon to a good father. I'v spent so much on my oldest he's ashamed to allow me to buy anything. He's turned out right, imo.

Very fun weekend.

Apr 8, 2019, 9:49 AM

Saturday I had 4 kid soccer games but thankfully the spring game broadcast was in between. Was very well done by Clemson and ESPN.

Then Sunday I took the 2 oldest boys fishing w my dad on Hartwell. Was slow going at first as the stripers and hybrid had moved up the lake some bc water temp rising. But once we found them the boys caught 17 in 2 hours (I say they caught them but my dad and I just handed the hooked fish to them to reel in)....

It was so much fun.

Awesome

Apr 8, 2019, 10:11 AM

Friday, don't remember.

Saturday, my birthday, so told my wife I was doing ### I wanted to do all day. Lounged around til 10:30. Started installing powered sub (b-day present) in Pahfinder. Stopped and went to lunch at 1:00 at Holt Brothers BBQ (it was fantastic). Got home at 2:30. Watched 1st half of Spring Game. recorded 2nd half. Went back outside and finished wiring sub. Sounds like a teenager's car now. Sat. night, finished watching spring game and drank beer.

Sunday, slept in. Cut grass. laid around and did nothing.

9.9 / 10, cause Clemson lost Spring Game.

chipmunk lathering itself in peanut butter***

Apr 8, 2019, 11:22 AM

Was a purty good weekend...

Apr 8, 2019, 12:38 PM

Attended Vomitfest so i could see my crazy junger friends. All of them are still the same lol

Left and went to Esso and hung out...then to Amici..
Then back to Esso for a few beverages.

Then headed to Simpsonville.

Was a fun weekend.

Thanks to the Jungers for including me

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worked the whole weekend in Peoria

Apr 8, 2019, 12:48 PM

So, not great.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was good...

Apr 8, 2019, 1:30 PM

Friday...took a half day and did a bunch of errands and don't remember much else

Saturday...wife-of and son-of not feeling well, so took Daughter-of to Spring game. Hung out at VF19 for a good while. Was nice to meet some folks I had never met in person. Daughter-of got to high-five Trevor at Tiger-walk, so her day was made. Really enjoyed the game and format. Daughter-of got hot during 2nd half, so we bailed about half way through. Ate at a mexican place up on 123 and then drove home. Crashed in chair and watched DVR'd basketball games.

Sunday...ran some errands, changed air filters in house (have alot of them in the ceiling that are high. Unclogged a drain, watched spring game on DVR...Dabo was in rare form...basically a 3 hr recruiting video...hit Groucho's Deli in Anderson for lunch, blah blah

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty painful

Apr 8, 2019, 4:10 PM

but alive

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pain is just fear leaving the body

Apr 8, 2019, 4:27 PM

or something

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and there's nothing to fear but fear itself.

Apr 8, 2019, 4:41 PM

Right?

Take the pills, Henry.

Apr 8, 2019, 4:42 PM [ in reply to pretty painful ]

There's no sense in suffering when you don't have to. You got 'nothing to prove to nobody.'

Out.Freaking.Standing

Apr 8, 2019, 6:59 PM

Met a bunch of guys I work (work-ED because I just quit today after 18 years....yay me!?) with at Watts Bar Lake and spent the weekend eating, drankin’, and fishing. It was still a bit too early for the crappie but we managed a good hybrid striper, small mouths, bluegills, and some white drum. Other than the driving, it was great.

Message was edited by: CUFOR98®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting

Apr 9, 2019, 8:54 AM

Friday: in Massachusetts for work, we ran into a roadblock and knocked off early, did a whole lot of nothing except ride around

Saturday: up early and hit the work hard, worked util about 7, back to the hotel to catch some of the Final Four. I think I ate, but cannot remember. Good thing is we finished what we had to do for this trip, looked at booking a flight leaving Sunday, but no suck luck.

Sunday: slept in a bit, debated on driving into Boston to sight-see or heading to Maine. I've never been to Maine, have no idea if I would have any reason to be there again. So I drove up 95 into Maine, pull off at a random exit, follow the signs to the beach, and man, let me tell you. It was absolutely gorgeous. I am definitely looking at making vacation plans to visit there again. It was a brisk asfter noon (in the 50s) wi9th a steady breeze. WOOD DEW A GEN.

Monday: up at 4AM, to catch the first flight home.

New Englandy things I noticed:

- Pizza was legit but they ahve a weird fascination with super-thin crust
- BBQ was the worst I ahve ever tasted
- Traffic is MUCH worse in Atlanta
- "Bulkie" is a type of bread for your sandwich
- Met a lot of country music and NASCAR fans

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 721
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic