Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 4, 2019, 8:07 AM

Went under contract for a house.

Walked around Lowe's to daydream.

Half watched some football game, missed most of the best commercial.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers win but I didn't die

Feb 4, 2019, 8:07 AM

Fri - Batched it. Girls were out of town.

Sat - Batched it. Girls were out of town.

Sun - Batched it. Girls were out of town until late afternoon. Then watched the Super Bowl.

10/10 wood dew again.

Almost like I called it on Friday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Congrats, Aero!

Feb 4, 2019, 8:10 AM

Fri - took dad fishing, cold and muddy water turned up 3 fish

Fri night through Sat lunch - played single dad of 2

Sat evening - Walked through the woods with family, grilled burgers, made a fire

Sun - Church, tried to jump some rabbits after lunch, played outside with family afterwards.

Watched 20 mins of Super Bowl then changed over to S2 Ep4 Frontier.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, so long as the deal doesn't fall through due to

Feb 4, 2019, 8:13 AM

any mess. Luckily at no time did I think I was going to fall through the floor or have to move any trampolines.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 4, 2019, 8:14 AM

Friday - nothing. dinner at in laws and then Netflix with the wife
Saturday - swim lessons for the kids, naps, took my son to the Pistons game
Sunday - church, naps, had people over to watch SB

Some how I ended up in the basement each night freaking drinking like a fish and watching basketball and listening to music and working on a rolling cabinet for the kitchen. I feel like I partied super hard all weekend, but I think it was just the staying up late part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 4, 2019, 8:14 AM

Friday
Wife worked. I applied a skim coat of mud on the drywall in my bathroom renovation. Ate Little Caesars new pretzel crust pizza. Had diarrhea, went to bed.

Saturday
Woke up early in the AM to go to Clemson. Had morning sex with the wife. Got to Clemson and dropped daughter off at the Rally Kitten camp. Lots of super hot rally cats everywhere. Then wife, son, and I walked around campus remiscing about the good ol' days. Ate lunch at Charleston Sports Pub (formerly Sauced, formerly Wingin' It, formerly Bad Apple, formerly...). I got the chicken tenders at the recomendation of @lakebum. Great call. Bad Brownlee came in and I gave him some tips. They were awesome. Sloshed back a few Busch light tall boys, then headed to TTT's and drank 3 pitchers of beer. Then I went to the frame shop and dropped off my new Natty Sports Illustrated to be framed. Picked daughter up from camp and headed to wife's aunt's house in Mountain Rest to eat dinner and sleep.

Sunday
Woke up, made breakfast, and headed back to Clemson. Watched the Rally Cats / Rally Kittens rehearse and then went to the B-Ball game. Met up with my brother (and his wife/baby) and my mom (and step dad). The team looked pretty good, thanks to my advice to Brownlee. Rally Cats and Kittens performed at half time and did a good job. Daughter was on cloud 9. Another walk around campus and back to Charleston Sports Pub for dinner. Burger and a slew of Busch Light tall boys, then back to TTT's for a quick pitcher before hitting the road home. Stopped twice to crap my brains out. Stopped at the inlaws and watched the 2nd half of the Souper Bowl. Crapped again.

10/10!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Ts and Ps and TP for your BH***

Feb 4, 2019, 8:18 AM

your rally kitten did really well

Feb 4, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

they all were good

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Pretty OK

Feb 4, 2019, 8:17 AM

Friday was Bday and wound having to work more than I wanted

Saturday visited my dad and family to celebrate mine and my nephews bdays

Sunday chores, gym, and a lame football game

Cash contract

Feb 4, 2019, 8:22 AM

or is it in meth ?

Somehow I picture aero sharing a house with Walter Jr.

Friday: I never freaking remember my Fridays.

Saturday: Ran a ton of errands, four to five hours of such. Paid the bills, can't even remember what I ate. Weighed in and have lost 10lbs over the last three weeks. I do remember seeing Chelsea win.

Sunday: more EPL matches, ran over to Cootlumbia to see daughters in track meet. Back home, ordered pizza about two hours early so it would be on time for The Big Game (when in the hell did everyone start calling it this, instead of the Super Bowl ?) Watched football, saw Big Boi at halftime, I am sure somewhere Tharealdonjuan was smiling. Stayed up way too late. Pretty much a zombie until the coffee kicks in.

Realized this morning, we are still the Natty champs.

9.9/10

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cash contract

Feb 4, 2019, 8:25 AM

Sportscasters in large markets are not allowed to use the word "Super Bowl", so they all say The Big Game. NFL went after a local guy here on the radio a couple years ago. Pretty silly on the NFL's part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you'd think "Super Bowl" would be a public domain phrase

Feb 4, 2019, 10:57 AM

yeah, that's hyper-aholish on the NFL's part to ironfist that term.

Do the billions they pocket every year not enough for them?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At lil of this and a lil of that.***

Feb 4, 2019, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Cash contract ]

Pretty sure there were ZERO EPL matches this weekend

Feb 4, 2019, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Cash contract ]

so you must be mistaken.

Big Boi was on for like a minute and some change, best part of the Super Bowl.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9.0/10, not bad at all

Feb 4, 2019, 8:25 AM

Friday - fiddlefarted around the house/yard trying to find things to throw away
Sat - Did some regrouting between granite tops and backsplash in kitchen. Hosted our Natty traveling buds for a Natty rewatch / Napa wine drinking...got wasted!
Sun - very lttle hangover/surprised. Watched golf and threw more stuff away...SB, meh....

Wife got flu. 10yo got flu. 1yo getting over flu. 3.14159/10

Feb 4, 2019, 8:34 AM

MIL and FIL both have it, so there goes babysitters for 1yo. Super Bowl stunk on ice. A bad football game broken into two halves with a sorry halftime show in between and even the commercials sucked. Only got to watch halftime for a few minutes and most of the second half. Washed 5 loads of clothes, folded about 10 loads of clothes that were never folded from last weekend when we last did laundry. Went to grocery store and looked at hotties.....and bought food. Cooked two nights though. BBQ chicken and bacon-wrapped sausages, so we ate well.

5yo and I are in charge of holding the fort down today. 1yo is well enough now that he's back to being a handful. Wife will probably sleep all day. Cancelling my 1pm Spartanburg appointment today. Putting out a couple of fires this AM while I still can.

I'll just stop now. I could keep going but it's depressing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiggity...bruh, I'm here for you, and remember

Feb 4, 2019, 8:49 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn676-fLq7I

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then I'm Lou Ferrigno***

Feb 4, 2019, 10:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

crazy

Feb 4, 2019, 8:45 AM

had several showings on our house and we already got an offer that can't be refused. Only been on the market for 2 days. Charleston real estate LOL

Of course it can be refused

Feb 4, 2019, 9:01 AM

add $20K, sell for the additional, give me $10K.

Didn't deaded.***

Feb 4, 2019, 8:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long weekend was 10/10

Feb 4, 2019, 8:50 AM

Flew out to Denver Thursday afternoon for a long weekend on the slopes. Got all the food and goodies for the weekend and checked into Air BnB 10/10

Friday hit Breckenridge. Wasn't crowded at all, snow was pretty decent and we were on the mountain from 9 - 4:30 - 10/10

Saturday hit Keystone. Super crowded and we got off to a late start since we had to pack up. Still got some good runs in, and dawghater2she is getting better each trip - 8/10 b/c didn't get to shred w/ my bros

Sunday - flew home, unloaded truck, watched Rickie finally win, then fell asleep around 8. Game was a snoozefest - 9/10

Gave you a TU....but also kinda hate you right now

Feb 4, 2019, 10:14 AM

It's looking like I prob won't get out there this year, making it 2 years in a row

:(

Not ever yet...

Feb 4, 2019, 8:53 AM

Still in the Cayman Islands.

Upside down already today? That is a race you should let

Feb 4, 2019, 8:57 AM

7spots or hammers win.

Pretty MEH until last night.

Feb 4, 2019, 8:54 AM

Friday, did absolutely nothing, drank beers and was a vegetable in front of the TV...don't even remember what I watched, went to bed.

Saturday, did a few chores, mostly did absolutely nothing outside of going to the grocery store. Came home and drank beers and was a vegetable in front of the TV...don't even remember what I watched, went to bed.

Sunday, got up and watched the Natty, took pup on a nice hike and found a Garrett's American Wines bottle in the woods, probably from the 1940s. Got a shower, went to visit Mom-in-law at the rehab center for an hour, then off to the Thirsty Beaver in Charlotte to see Sean K. Preston & The Loaded Pistols for the 5:30 show. The band was EXCELLENT, and the crowd was pretty sparse so got to spend some time chatting with the band during the break and after the show. Headed back to RH, snagged a Little Ceasars Extra Most Bestest thin crust pizza on the way to the house because hot and ready, cheap, and the Super Bowl pizza rush was pretty well over. Got home in time to watch the 4th quarter and see that the internet LOVED the game and Maroon 5. So in terms of excitement last night, I rank it like this:
1. Band at the Thirsty Beaver
2. Washing dishes
3. Watching 4th quarter of Super Bowl

I was reminded that I need to have more structure and purpose in my weekend so as to avoid pointlessly consuming alcohol. It's much better when I have a planned event to drink around. On a scale of Maroon 1 to Maroon 5, I give the weekend a Maroon 2.5.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terrific, didn’t watch no Stupor Bowel.

Feb 4, 2019, 8:58 AM

Not til Kaepernick goes full Vegan and only rides in green vehicles.

Although, I’m not that excited about green colored cars.

went to Barfoot for a guys golf weekend***

Feb 4, 2019, 9:04 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Barefoot Beach In Bonita?***

Feb 4, 2019, 10:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### no...Dirty Myrtle***

Feb 4, 2019, 10:47 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

There was a weekend?

Feb 4, 2019, 9:17 AM

I worked all weekend.

/weekend

Pretty solid

Feb 4, 2019, 9:22 AM

Cut a tree down Saturday, have about a chord for next year now. Got it all split, good to go. Rode around on the golf cart the rest of the day, found a bunch of trails, so we cruised around the woods for a few hours drinking beer. Took me back to my high school days, I think I'm going to go back there and smoke some pot or something one day...Like we used to to back in the good ole days when Verde was still power line trails. Maybe drink a King Cobra if I still can.

Calhoun Corners for dinner Sat. night which was very good. Expensive, but good. Their crab stuffed trout is amazing.

Sunday went to Charleston pub for lunch, then went to Petco and got some new fish. We'll see if they can survive the wrath of Hugo the blood parrot. Then went home and pretty much sat on my porch looking a the lake for the rest of the day. Zoned out for a solid 2 hours or so, not really sure what I did.

Watched maybe 10 minutes of the Super Bowl, could not have possibly cared less about it. Were the commercials as preachy as I figured they'd be?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Calhoun Corners has always been excellent

Feb 4, 2019, 9:26 AM

When we get up there this spring, I'm looking fwd to going.

I always forget about it, definitely going back soon.***

Feb 4, 2019, 9:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In comparison, Rick Erwin's is terrible.

Feb 4, 2019, 9:33 AM

I mean its not that great to begin with, but in comparison, it's rally bad.

I only saw the 4th quarter, but I honestly don't think I

Feb 4, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Pretty solid ]

remember a single commercial. I must have left the room every time they went to commercial.

I get the feeling that the NFL and it's sponsors are either

Feb 4, 2019, 9:34 AM

advertising to a totally different, lower IQ demographic than what I'm accustomed to, or that they've reached their peak and it's all downhill from here.

We watched a few minutes, and just got the "I don't think this is for me" feeling.

I hardly watched any NFL football this entire season.

Feb 4, 2019, 9:44 AM

Even the Panthers games early in the season before we knew they were a dreadful team didn't hold my interest. The NFL has sterilized the product to the point that there is zero excitement. The entire league just seems to be completely devoid of any soul or character. I will watch Division IV or V college football games, but I've gone completely numb to watching the NFL. And it has NOTHING to do with Colin Kaepernick or any of that controversy that seems to have driven viewers away...the games just aren't exciting. It's the blandest form of football there is.

Honestly...fantasy football or betting seems to be the only reason for pro football, and I don't do either.

They seem to be NASCARing themselves

Feb 4, 2019, 9:54 AM

Maybe I'm totally off base, they say ratings were better this season. I don't know, like you, I barely watched.

I just get the feeling they're going out of their way to alienate their main customer base in a number of ways, from all the SJW preaching, to basically not even acknowledging the no call in the Saints game. And the games have gotten boring.

Man, let me tell you about this weekend of mine

Feb 4, 2019, 9:32 AM

Friday, day off. Did short ride on the bike after a few months off. Dropped the kid off at Grandmas, took the wife out on the town to dinner and to see Lewis Black. Fan club membership gives you the guarantee you will be in the first 7 rows, but they don’t tell you where. So picked up tickets, took a look, and ZOMG front row, center stage.

Opening act was interrupted by a dude having heart trouble and 20 people screaming for a doctor. Till then, I had no idea people did that anymore. Us folks in the front row thought it was a coordinated heckling attempt since it immediately followed a Trump joke. Alas, EMTs came, then an ambulance came to remove the distraction, and the show began again.

Lewis was hirrarious funny, as to be expected. My wife got her questioned for her submission to The Rant is Due, which is a live broadcast conducted after the standup.

https://www.lewisblack.com/live

Click on the Tucson link and listen to the question about Mattress Firms. Yep, my wife could be a longer.

Saturday was recovery day...homework and not a lot going on. Sunday, wife worked so had the kid by myself. Watched the Super Bowl, watched it rain, went to bed.

Weekend solid 10/10, would do again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty good

Feb 4, 2019, 9:36 AM

bunch of dog walks, saw my parents, got some 2018 natty cokes that will never burst for me

Ate at Brioso before they move in March to Powerdersville. Good food

Ate at Loose Change and had one of their awesome burgers

Went to a house party Saturday night and people played foosball, actual foosball

Watched Clemson dominate Wake with a sparse crowd on hand

Had nachos and homemade pizza for Super Bowl, I liked the M&M one with Christina Applegate, she's hot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Always liked Brioso.

Feb 4, 2019, 9:45 AM

Kinda hate they moved out of downtown.

not too bad....

Feb 4, 2019, 9:39 AM

Friday - Had doc appt on Thur and got blood-work back on. All numbers were improved including BP from the office visit. No idea how that happened. With new job and issues with son-of, I was expecting BP to be high. Met wife-of and daughter-of at Outback - meh. Went home and crashed.

Saturday morning made full-on breakfast (eggs, bacon, cheese grits) which was awesome. Had first game coaching daughter-of's BB team of mixed boy/girl 3rd and 4th graders. We had only had 4 practices and had no idea how we were going to do. Not sure if we played great or other team suxed but we killed 'em. Son-of had his first game playing 5th/6th grade on the big court. Went 0-7 from the line, but did have some rebounds and hit a few baskets. His team destroyed other team and mercy rule (his team had to stay in the lane on defense) was called half-way into 1st half. So the other team basically walked the ball down decided who was going to shoot, lined-up their shot, missed it and our team ran down and scored or got fouled. The same friggin kid on their team took their shot from the exact same spot 10 trips in a row. He may have hit one of them. Game took forever. Got home and sat down for 10 minutes, then met wife-of and daughter-of at Summa Joes in Anderson. Was good. Home and crash.

Sunday...church, then lunch at Messican place, home and post Messican smash, took son-of to Target to get some kind of finger skate board stupid shid that he bought with his report card money. Grocery store to stock up and get stuff for game. Game was so-so...I enjoy defensive games too. Don't like or hate the Patriots, but you gotta respect their run. Belichick is no-doubt the greatest coach of the modern era.

congrats dude!

Feb 4, 2019, 9:41 AM

Nothing worth mentioning about my weekend, but tell us more about the new digs!

Welcome to home ownership. Much like having kids, it’s expensive and often maddening, but I wouldn’t trade it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brick ranch, built in 1975. The owner was a little old lady

Feb 4, 2019, 9:48 AM

that had been there since the 90s. Needs updated but found none of the issues that other places had. Has a big shed in yard with plenty of extra room. New HVAC, gas logs in the fire place. Less than 40% covered in painted wood panels. Have discovered original wood floors under the carpet.

what parta town you in?***

Feb 4, 2019, 9:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Off OLD White Horse Rd. I'll be passing the Swamp Rabbit

Feb 4, 2019, 9:52 AM

Trail and Furman most every day.

What size lot? Do you get to start acquiring power tools?***

Feb 4, 2019, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Brick ranch, built in 1975. The owner was a little old lady ]

Not quite half an acre. No tractors needed but I woodshop

Feb 4, 2019, 10:13 AM

will be forth coming. I need to price the tables to put things like sliding compound miter saws and such on.

Let me tell you a little secret about acquiring power tools

Feb 4, 2019, 10:43 AM [ in reply to What size lot? Do you get to start acquiring power tools?*** ]

aerozeptallica

estate sales. When old people RIP and their kids don't feel like dealing with all of their shid they hire a company to come in and sell all of their junk. You can load up on power tools on the cheap. Cheaper than pawn shops or anywhere else really. Some examples I got one of those heavy duty milwaukee sawzalls that retail for $200 at lowes for $40. basically brand new in box. Skill saws $10-15. Hand tools are basically free. Big craftsman toolbox for $50. dewalt side grinder $10. list goes on

This could be useful. Gonna need a lawn mower ad I have not

Feb 4, 2019, 10:53 AM

cared for a law since 2000. I don't want to buy a stolen one from the pawn shop.

actually useful for everything you need around a house.

Feb 4, 2019, 11:22 AM

I've bought tons of mundane household stuff that way. They're better than yard sales because it's everything from the house that the kids didn't want. Bought stuff from furniture down to a garden hose, but like he said, they're especially good for yard care and workshop stuff. Here, those pro companies start on Friday at full price, then drop on Sat and again Sun. Sometimes the Friday price seems a little high- the better companies seem to know what stuff is really worth, and generally that's the Sat price.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a particular one in charleston that doesn't price

Feb 4, 2019, 11:31 AM

everything out and does bulk deals. That's who I always go to. Some of these estate companies put a price tag and have to look up the price on everything (also charge tax) -- those usually aren't worth it.

This is why I'm getting rid of all my crap I don't use now

Feb 4, 2019, 11:37 AM [ in reply to actually useful for everything you need around a house. ]

When I drop over (it could be tomorrow, amiright tdrake®?) Whatever I have left can be left at the corner for the trash man to pick up. You cheap effers aren't getting anything cheap!

We will just come pick it up before the trash man and meth

Feb 4, 2019, 11:46 AM

head do.

nothing special

Feb 4, 2019, 10:06 AM

Fri - off day, but was in work at 6:30am (LilGUAR#1 had a school trip, had to be at school at 6:15am, and I had some stuff to finish up.) Was home at 10am. Had a dood re-finishing stair railing/painting trim/risers...so been breathing in fun fumes for a few days. Had Thai for dinner, was just ok

Sat - more hanging out at home while dood worked. Couple of errands. Went to costco, left with 65" TV, and set that up that night. Sat down to watch something after kids were in bed, fell asleep in chair immediately.

Sun - came into work for 5.5 hrs, yay. Grabbed some beer on way home. First time I've had beer at home since Natty (had beer out 4-5 times since, for Dry-ish January-ish...lost about 7 lbs, saved prob $100+, and actually DID start to notice some things feeling better Ineligible user). Will prob keep up some semblance of reduced consumption for a while. Watched 75% of a rather boring Superbowl...avoided halftime & missed 3rd quarter eating a late dinner and getting kids ready and in bed. Went to bed around 11:30....something started buzzing - I asked, and SheGUAR said it was her Fitbit telling her she burned 2000 calories. I said 'wanna make that 2050?'. Then we had #####.

All I can figure from all of these changes that don't seem

Feb 4, 2019, 11:07 AM

to affect me much is that 1)I'm much stronger than the average American male, or 2) my varied consumption of food and beverages is not so far out of bounds that making changes would necessarily make me feel any better.

I'm going with #2.

speaking of #2's

Feb 4, 2019, 11:17 AM

that's one area of 'improvement'.

consistency (solidity, not 'regularity') mostly.

...also, had been having back/side pains for past year. Went to doc when it started, he chalked it up to muscular, gave me Rx NSAIDS (which i was allergic too, it turns out). They never really resolved themselves...but they've mostly gone away the past 2 weeks. Could be muscular, and just a coincidence....or it could be my kidneys/liver thanking me.

Samesies.

Feb 4, 2019, 11:28 AM

After looking up symptoms, I'd talked my self into thinking I have end stage kidney disease. I may be dead right now I have no idea.

Eating better and drinking better can help with inflamation

Feb 4, 2019, 11:30 AM [ in reply to speaking of #2's ]

so that could be a source as well. When Greenr started eating cleaner and drinking less, his knees got ALOT better. Been that way for 4 months now.

*knocks on wood

I always said "I drink frequently, but rarely a 'lot'"

Feb 4, 2019, 11:39 AM

which I'd still contend as true...I averaged 3 beers(mostly, sometimes wine/liquor, but still around 3) a day....but it was just about every day.

No where near alcoholic-levels (right?), but still above "recommended" drinking #'s

I was pretty surprised how easy it was to break that routine. Knowing that I wasn't going to deprive myself completely of it, as well as using the $$ savings as a basis for the decision, made it pretty easy, and I'll probably keep it up to some extent

I DID put down a 6er of jai alai yesterday (most I've had since natty), but prob won't drink again til Saturday (got a couple's baby shower i'm getting dragged to, so I'll need some liquid patience)

My hangovers seem to be worse on the weekends when

Feb 4, 2019, 11:44 AM

I don't drink during the week. From that, I gather that not drinking during the week is unhealthy.

i'm not sure if it is/was the frequency at which I drank, or

Feb 4, 2019, 11:47 AM

just the fact that i wasn't sitting there straight crushin' beers to get drunk (not that there's anything wrong with that), but I very rarely got hangovers

Certain beers would do it, tho
Sixpoint Resin? instant headache the next day
Sixpoint Puff? Higher alc content, yet never a headache

I think my problem is just during the winter

Feb 4, 2019, 11:56 AM

When it’s warm outside, I’m actually outside and probably sweating, so that helps cut down on the hangover after 23 beers.

Did you come

Feb 4, 2019, 11:28 AM [ in reply to nothing special ]

to work because you HAD to or because you needed to catch up?

Also, Fitbits are so UDP

I don't understand your question

Feb 4, 2019, 11:32 AM

I didn't HAVE to come to work....but am on a pretty demanding project, with OT approved, and I had an available 3.5 hrs to use up Fri, so i did.

Sunday was getting a head start on this weeks hours

and i neither agree nor disagree with your Fitbit statement. At least i can afford a full pair of shorts.

To clarify, I was really just wanting to know if you came

Feb 4, 2019, 11:35 AM

to work on Sunday because Boss said come in and you aint getting paid or if you gotta catch up and can get paid for that overtime?

Straight time or time and a half? I think we are about to be hit with mandatory overtime to tackle some of this workload, straight time, but it SHOULD be paid.

along with the approval for the OT came the condition that

Feb 4, 2019, 11:42 AM

we WILL use it, partially because of workload, partially because PM's didn't want to request it from client, and then NOT put in the extra work...

I get straight-time for OT, which sucks (compared to 1.5)....something about exempt vs non-exempt employee status, which I don't understand.

Dude behind me gets 1.5 time, and it pizzes me off

Good. Weather in SWFL was awesome. Went biking

Feb 4, 2019, 10:09 AM

Fri., Sat., and Sun. High 70s all 3 days, lows in high 50s.

Watched Natty several times, read some, then back up to PA last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Caught the crud. Not good. DEM NATTIES DOH!!!

Feb 4, 2019, 11:01 AM

Friday - starting feeling bad in the afternoon. One of my kids came home from school with a fever. Missus and I called off the babysitter bc we had a date planned. I went to bed early.

Saturday - Slept til 0900 which is unheard of for me. A beautiful day out but I felt like crap. Got a little work done. Walked the dog. Watched a lot of TV. No morning run. Nothing very productive.

Sunday - felt too bad for church plus 2 kids ailing so I stayed home. Did nothing much. Watched the worst super bowl ever. Highlight was being online with you phuquers.

Monday - back at working MAGAing despite still being sick.

DND!!!

10/10 always!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations.

Feb 4, 2019, 11:30 AM

Hope you enjoy all the benefits of owning a home.

Friday I got another shot at disassembling the old parts car. Watched the NC game twice.

Sat I put the doors from the parts car on the table under the carport and removed components I might need. I took special care of the lower exterior panels because they are fluted and kinda rare. I'll probably pick the best to refinish and paint from those and the ones on the black car. Didn't watch the NC game.

Sun, spent the day hoping it would rain and watching NC game then watched the stuper bowl late. My oldest son went to walk the dog and ended up in the ER with chest pains. He'd left his dog in the car, parked in a handicap space and didn't have his cell to call anyone to come move his truck.

After the EKG and blood draw he left and returned home. He picked me up this morning and I went back to the hospital with him to get the records of the visit. I believe he's serious about following up on this but I'm a bit uncomfortable with him waiting until tomorrow to see about a cardiologist referral.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh. Friday: Don't remember

Feb 4, 2019, 11:39 AM

Saturday, wife of was sick with the stomach virus. Everyone of us has had it now so it should be gone. I had a sinus headache all day so nothing got done.

Sunday: Everybody was feeling somewhat better. Grocery shopping, went to the park. Disinfected the house.

Overall 5/6.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic