Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 26, 2018, 8:33 AM

Thursday: Turkey Day, Smoked bird wins.

Friday: Oil Change and grocery run for baked goods to take to tailgate

Saturday: Good times at the tailgate, game was a drunken blur.

Sunday: I felt horrible all day

Sorry for the delay, having computer issues here at work.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 10/10.......Tigers Won!......'Nuff Said

Nov 26, 2018, 8:34 AM

On to Charlotte.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really long

Nov 26, 2018, 8:37 AM

TWSS

Wed - Fishing with Dad and nephew, caught 18 bass - hunted in the evening and saw 7 does
Thurs - Hunted in the morning, saw 4 does and a 2-1/2 yo buck - Thanksgiving at in-laws
Fri - Decorate house, drive back to in-laws for dinner and spent the night
Sat - Tailgate with antenna/battery/tv combo no ABC, go to game, yell at officials and D for one guy playing zone and the other guy playing man
Sun - Church, cut down Christmas tree, put up Christmas tree

Back at work

Oh- got the tickets in the mail finally. Was worried Drew was a liar.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What u using to catch the bass in cold weather?***

Nov 26, 2018, 9:08 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on the lake and what kind of bass

Nov 26, 2018, 9:15 AM

For spots on Russell, crankbaits, for largemouths shallow water with jerkbaits

For colder weather, switch over to drop-shot and spoons

Wait, your fishing for largemouths and jerkbaits?

Nov 26, 2018, 10:07 AM

You fishing the Mange today?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

YOU CAN'T POST JERKBAIT IN THE LOUNGE ANYMORE.

Nov 26, 2018, 11:00 AM

I though everybody understood that now.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers won and the Panthers choked, but I

Nov 26, 2018, 8:38 AM

Din't die.

Good food, good weather at IOP, Tigers win.

10/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I enjoyed watching the game Saturday night.

Nov 26, 2018, 8:39 AM

First time in a few years, I think, I was entertained thoroughly by it.

Drank myself stupid

Nov 26, 2018, 8:41 AM

Friday: Watched stepdad re-plumb my washer drain. I gotta drain pipe that works again and all I had to do was pay for materials #winning. Drank beer and watched LivePD. Ate a ribeye and baked tater.

Saturday: Got haircut. Drank beer. Watched Tigers and Gamecocks march up and down the field on each other. Muse good dog man. Ate a ribeye and baked tater.

Sunday: Drank beer. Took dog to dog bar. Watched Broncos beat the Steelers! Watched TWD. Ate a ribeye and baked tater.

I don't have AIDS. THE END.

5 peat***

Nov 26, 2018, 8:45 AM

Pretty good

Nov 26, 2018, 8:49 AM

My turkey turned out pretty tasty and the in laws were in a good mood.

Oh and ??

I enjoyed my weekend very much.

Nov 26, 2018, 8:51 AM

Tuesday, did a bunch of stuff around the house, then went and did a bunch of stuff for RH Mom, then went home and drank beer.

Wednesday, slept in, got up and was lazy with coffee for a while, did some stuff around the house. Took RH Mom, RH Sis, Joonyer, and Mrs. Tig to Legal Remedy to eat, chatted with Jonathan Meeks for a bit when he came over to hug RH Mom, went home and drank a couple of better beers.

Thursday, woke up and was lazy with coffee until time to go to RH Aunt's in Hickory for Eatsgiving. Came home early evening and watched Pee Wee's Playhouse marathon and drank beers.

Friday, helped Mrs. Tig get the house ready for inlaws Thanksgiving on Sunday. Got my football gear reay, drank beers, went to bed relatively early.

Saturday, tailgating before our horrifying, terrible, almost-not-even-worth-doing-it barely a victory game. Saw aerozeptallica and SharkGirl, Shorty, 19B®, and Willmo®. Watched the overtimes in TA&M and LSU in traffic, got to RH Sis' condo around 1 am and crashed on the couch.

Sunday, got up and had quick cup of coffee and hit the road. Back to RH around 11 and grabbed a quick shower then started doing as Mrs. Tig directed to get ready for 1:00 arrival of inlaws for Thanksgiving. Let coot niece and nephew off really easy...but other than a that 5 year streak losing has generally been ingrained into their fan experience so I don't really have to do much. A good time was had by all, sat down and watched the Carolina LOLUTZthers second half, then started doing the remaining cleanup since Mrs. had worked all day Saturday and Sunday morning and took care of RH Pup and Joonyer's pup while we were gone. Finally sat down around 8:30, watched Walking Dead, then went comatose.

Pretty much a 56/10 weekend and will do again as soon as this coming weekend.

You should have seen the insanity that took place at

Nov 26, 2018, 10:52 AM

halftime. I'm half surprised our tailgate didn't make it on to Barstoolsports or something, dude and his cousin had people filming them as they devolved into a total mental breakdown. Like autistic screeching, clawing at strangers, and crying uncontrollably level of mental breakdown. Bizarre.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOLY CRAP.

Nov 26, 2018, 11:04 AM

I can't believe I left YOU out of my post! The pre-game meltdown was something that should have gone into my original post, LOL. That little POS needed a beatdown...that was just the kind of crap that a petulant 10 year old pulls. But I also wasn't going to let that little punk get you dragged off to jail. I meant to check up on y'all at the half because I figured that kid would do some damage while nobody was around. That little girl could do a LOT better than that POS. Hopefully she'll wake up and figure that out before he really hurts her.

More boring than planned

Nov 26, 2018, 8:55 AM

Got home late on Wednesday, daughter and I baked two pumpkin pies for the holiday

Thursday: slept in a bit, helped a little with meal prep, ate, watched football, and watched the crud descend on the fam. While isolating kids, noticed a sore on my ###.

Friday: woke up and half the fam is sick, full-blown boil on my ###. Hurt to walk, sneeze, cough, breathe. Messaged back and forth with 3timeTiger who did a solid job of locating tickets for me (thanks, by the way.) Decide that since the one kid who wanted to go to the game on Saturday is still feverish, and I blink without pain, we would stay home.

Saturday: Not much, watched football, popped ibuprofen. Yelled about three times at TV "how did he get that open ?" Sipped some White Claw soccerkrzy®

Sunday: without detail, start feeling better a bit, relaxed, stayed home with the sicko, played bored games. Watched The Office on TV and generally was good for nothing.

I DO wish having a boil on my worst enemy. I have had shingles and now this in the past year, they both hurt like a EmEffer

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate that the crud caught up with you. but completely

Nov 26, 2018, 8:33 PM

understand. it hit our household in between games, I think.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 26, 2018, 9:00 AM

??????

Good stuff, but I'm feeling it this morning

Nov 26, 2018, 9:12 AM

Thursday: Hosted the holiday. No blood and no broken bones. That's always a good sign. Got everyone out of the house and semi cleaned up by midnight.

Friday: Up at 04:30 for work. It was a long day. It looked like the wrong weekend to quit amphetamines.

Saturday: Daughterof #2 birthday. I fried up some wings in the left over turkey oil and we watched the game after cake and presents. I laughed, I cussed, I got drunk.

Sunday: Maria and Daughterof #3 took down fall deco's and started putting Christmas stuff while I was at work. We did a little more in the evening, watched a couple of shows and went to bed early.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ran the hole gamut of emotions.

Nov 26, 2018, 9:12 AM

Thursday: smoked a bird, kinda halfassed all of the methodology around it, so it ended up being a moshpit of spatchcocking (I was literally pounding the bird with closed fists trying to break the breastplate), dry-brining (still not sure how well that works), injecting with butter, smoking at various temps because temp control is hard north of 300, off-the-cuff rubs....and ended up with this:

a pretty edible bird.

Took it over to some frans' house and we had a nice meal. Some more frans stopped by with their kids, so we're up to 8 total chilrens. Other two husbands ran up to the store, and I stayed behind because no interest in riding in a backseat. Kids playing outside, and one of the wives pokes her head out and comments on the size of the fire. I told her that yes, we had stoked up a pretty good fire a little earlier, because we're men, and we like fire, and that's what we do. She's like "no, seriously, this is the biggest fire I've ever seen in a backyard." I better investigate.

The 8 kids had decided to pile as much wood as they could on the small, practical fire we had built. It was stacked close to 5' high. I ran out and started pulling off anything that wasn't already fully lit, like high stakes Pixie Sticks, and the fire still ended up around 7-8' tall. And it was all of the kids, so we couldn't pick one to be mad at. Kids are so dumb.

Also, this fran had this on his porch:

Friday: drove to Clemson, went to Loose Change around 8:30 or 9 to get a burger. It's 38 degrees and alternating between drizzling and raining. I'm dressed appropriately, being an adult and all. Over half the chicks walking in the door there were in miniskirts and boots and shirts with no shoulders and any other manner of impractical clothing. Looking good is FAR more important than being warm and dry. My goodness, I miss women with that level of poor decision-making, and Jah bless them for it. College girls are so dumb.

Saturday: lots of tailgating. I wore longjohns, and regretted that decision around 3pm when the sun was out and it was almost 60, but it paid off that night. What an annoying game. And what a weird place we're in, where a 21 point win over our rival is so unsatisfying. But still, fuck them, all of them. I LOVE that they're so angry about the last touchdown. Apparently, it proves beyond a doubt that Dabo isn't a Christian, because Jesus would have taken a knee there. Also, Christians aren't allowed to do Heisman poses, I learned on Saturday. Procured some Schlitzes, which I believe is the correct pluralization, from RH at the half. He claimed he didn't have any brown liquor to refill our flask, but I think he was holding out.

Buddy took this pic. The orange bat signal is everything we imagined it would be.

Sunday: Lemme tell you a little about Sunday. It started innocuously with breakfast at Waffle House before hitting the road. Then, the worst day of the year to travel happened. I made it all the way to Newberry without much headache besides 3 miles of cars who don't know how to merge backed up at 385 getting on 26. Drivers are so dumb.

Cruising in heavy traffic in dad's Infinity Q60 (this is relevant due to the ground clearance in said car, which is around 4.9", give or take a few cunthairs. We're doing 60ish because traffic, and I see this "thing" appear to ricochet off the center guardrail a few cars up. It clears the car in front of me, and lands dead center of my lane with no time for me to swerve (and nowhere to swerve to anyway). It looked like a cylindrical chunk of steel pipe that was at least 4-5" in diameter. Keep in mind, this all happened in less than a second, but just like last year when we hit that bigass drive shaft in my friend's Beamer, the car hopped up in the air, and I KNEW what had just happened. The car behind me swerved into the right lane because he'd just been sprayed with oil. Made it to the shoulder. This happened at 12:30pm in Newberry. After calling USAA, tow drivers, relatives in Cola who might be able to give me a lift, hanging out at sketchy gas stations, and more...I walked in my door in GC at 7:30pm.

Also, dad was the first person I called when it happened, was curious to see how mad he'd be. His first question: "Are you ok?" "Yeah, I'm fine, but the car...yeesh." "I don't care about the car, it's a hunk of metal and rubber, that's why I have insurance." "Cool, but who are you and what have you done with my father?"

Anyway...weird weekend. See you chuckleheads in Charlotte.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, honest engine...there was zero brown liquor at the

Nov 26, 2018, 9:22 AM

tailgate. There was a bottle of some horrid pumpkin spice glazed doughnut sugar cookie vodka on the table most of the afternoon, but none of the Tig family brought it so not sure where it ended up. Basically, I took the lazy/practical route and loaded the cooler with all of the leftover beers from the last couple of tailgates to clear out some space in the beer fridge so I didn't even go alcohol shopping last week. That said, maybe I'll just take your $20 bill and get three bottles of Old Crow to make sure you're covered from here on out.

Here's a true, verified fact:

Nov 26, 2018, 9:24 AM

Old Crow is betterer than No Crow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll make it a point to make sure there's a bottle of rotgut

Nov 26, 2018, 9:29 AM

at the tailgate from here on. I'll be darned to heck that someone who needs help can't be helped because I wasn't able to help when helping is what I do. If that helps.

Didn't a friend of yours run over something in the road

Nov 26, 2018, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Ran the hole gamut of emotions. ]

and just about total his BMW? This seems to be a plague within your circle of trust.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, hit a driveshaft on 26 last October.

Nov 26, 2018, 9:34 AM

I was in the passenger seat, and we got all 4 wheels off the ground. That could have gone WAY more sideways than it did, with multiple scenarios ending in death. Did about $5K of damage to his $10K car, so: totaled.

Nov 26, 2018, 9:15 AM

It was great. I like this. I should reply more. Yes I know I'm a lurker. I've been on for a while but I wanted to be able to talk back some.

Sea Hunter makes a nice boat. I like their Floridian 28***

Nov 26, 2018, 10:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 9:16 AM

Thurs - lunch with my family at the Green Boundary Club in Aiken. Supper with wife's family at their house. Too much wine.

Fri - Mexican with her family for supper. Went out for a bit with her brothers. Saw some old friends. Sang a karaoke song. Redhead things.

Sat - Cooked Thanksgiving meal at home for my family since my first two were with their mom on Thursday. Watched our defense get torched but we still got the W. Birthday stuff for wife's nephew at her parents house. Home and chill.

Sun - Recover from Thanksgiving holiday. Clean the house and watch football.

Good weekend. Glad I'm back at work so I can get some rest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Thanks for asking! Gamechickens lost, we won.

Nov 26, 2018, 9:23 AM

Traveled to Pawleys Iceland, had oystuhs, turkey, and delicious low country bobbacue.

Bought new warsher and drier, because obsolescence.

Traveling, traveling, traveling.

perfect-victory ribeyes were consumed 1 hour before kickoff***

Nov 26, 2018, 9:24 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feeling very FAT and tired.

Nov 26, 2018, 10:13 AM

Otherwise, a great loooooong weekend.

Drumstick Dash then the Feast on Thursday.

Turkey Reubens and the last 2 Oktoberfest beers on coot eve.

On coot killin' day I did my best to stay busy and distracted until game time. Then lost sleep ruminating over our moral loss (is there such a thing?).

Sunday went to church, got mad at David Hood, watched some F1 for the last time this season, watched some futbol, watched some holiday shows, got ready for work dis mawn.

9/10. Would be perfect except for the poundage I put on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

purty #### good, booze, bike, ball, bbq and booty!

Nov 26, 2018, 10:24 AM

smoked 2 boston butts, 3 racks of ribs, a turkey, a leg-of-lamb and 3racks of lamb chops for thanksgiving up there in God's country. can't bbq without beer. was going to stay thru the weekend and watch the game with my dad, but got a call that my beer fridge was leaking all over the garage floor. rushed home to find the icemaker connection was cracked. got it fixed in time to watch the 5-peat. took the bike out for a short ride yesterday before the rain.

pretty good. Got a lot of hunting in.

Nov 26, 2018, 11:16 AM

Time with family.

Time with beer.

Not bad.

7/7

And as soon as I walk into work this morning I got an email about a meeting with the boss that doesn't say what the meeting is about. Yay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

gayly fabulous

Nov 26, 2018, 12:22 PM

Friday after work I came home eat dinner chilled around the house went to bed

Saturday I went to a family get together post thanksgiving brunch thing. hit the grocery store on the way home then sat my ace on the couch for like 12 hrs to watch football. I saw all the big games.

I sat frustratingly annoyed through our game as the defense Clemsoned but was happy to see the Offense more than make up for it. If Wilma's Champ had kicked the two field goals instead of giving us the ball on the 2 and 3 yard lines they would have only been down 8 before the onside kick. He's an idiot for not taking the points on the road. Complete idiiot.

Sunday moring was probably the laziest morning of my life. I barely recall the walk from the bed to the couch. That afternoon I took a drive to look at some land then back home to continue a lazy day. All in all not much happened but by god we got our five in the row.

Was good...

Nov 26, 2018, 12:35 PM

Thursday had T-giving at our house with all the kids for the first time ever. My oldest son, daughter and I cooked and delicious food was eaten by all.

Friday - packed the baby and wife and I in one car and Two daughters and two sons in the other car and caravanned up to Boone to visit with Wife's family. Had a great lunch in downtown (Cold as F - 28 degrees when we got there at 2) and did some shopping for various warm clothing that kids needed. Went to families house and drank too much crown royal before falling asleep late.

Woke up next AM to ice and fooled around with wife and helped get some manly stuff done around the house. Then loaded up the tailgating supplies in the relative's RV and headed over to tailgate for ASU/Troy game. Son of and I left around 2:30 to drive to Clemson and walked in and sat down in seats right before kickoff (after stopping by tailgate spot in front of Earle Hall to pick up Bourbon/Sprite for traditional pre-game drink) Drink tasted wrong, but chugging at that point so didn't pay attention. At halftime went back to Truck for second drink and realized it was Crown Royal Black and not Bourbon/American Whiskey. I believe that this error is probably what wrecked our defense. I did a little prayer to the Whiskey gods and hoped for the best. Defense in third quarter played better, but I think the whiskey gods then realized I drank two false brown liquor drinks instead of just one, so the 4th quarter did not go well.

Left straight out of the game and was home in Columbia by 2:00.

Woke up Sunday and cleaned house some, did all necessary yard work. Washed daughter's car, put away Halloween and Thanksgiving stuff and got out Christmas stuff. Wife of called from road and said baby was sick and crying the entire trip. Took baby when they arrived and let everyone decompress. Baby would only sleep on my shoulder for rest of night. Watched TV in a rocking chair til bedtime and then handoff to wife who fed her until she drifted off. Woke up at 4 - baby had a high fever. Gave Tylenol and she attached to mama and they were in the same position when I left this morning to take other kids to school. Just got picture and text, baby is back to normal. No fever and no cough.

9/10 due to sick baby making me tired being mostly offset by the five-peat.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 12:37 PM

Hood's article destroyed my weekend.

I am a bit surprised Dabo gave a quote

Nov 26, 2018, 12:39 PM

the last time he was asked about Clemson ing that guy got a real tongue lashing and made for good TV. This time Dabo sends a message to the fans....and the coaches....and his players.....and recruits, wait we're doomed

I'd give it a B+/10

Nov 26, 2018, 2:33 PM

B's for Beer, Bros, Beat-down, Burgers, Bratwurst, & Bangin'

Bangin' Bros?

Nov 26, 2018, 2:33 PM

NICE

Blumpkins too?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*not necessarily in that order

Nov 26, 2018, 2:35 PM

sorry, forgot to add that

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic