Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 736

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Oct 22, 2018, 8:17 AM

Friday night: Work Halloween party, it was pretty fun, some property was damaged but nobody was sexually harassed.

Saturday, sure enough got a call on the stupid work phone so at least I was justified in now going to tailgate. Another Halloween party. This one oddly had older folks but went later.

Sunday, Turkish food festival. That was pretty good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

INTENSE. Currently SIOAIT

Oct 22, 2018, 8:19 AM

FELL THROUGH A ####### FLOOR PARTYING AFTER THE GAME

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T's and P's***

Oct 22, 2018, 9:09 AM

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Oct 22, 2018, 8:22 AM

Excellent.

Friday, took the dog to the dog bar and hit it off with a chick who's still a student at USuCk. Rocking the cradle, but I bet she's got a nice cooter so IDC, I'mma call her at some point.

Saturday, woke up and wacked my wiener and then wacked some weeds. Went to the grocery and got sushi and chicken wings to eat during the game. Starting drinking at about 11am. Watched the Tigers butthump the Nancy's State Wusspack. It was great. I would ess TL's D. Went to sleep at about 8. Woke up about 4 hours later. Watched Lebron have an average showing in his debut against the Rockets. Watched two movies - Terrifier and The Babysitter. Both were okay horror movies.

Sunday, woke up at about 10am after only 4 or 5 hours of sleep and swiffered the house and blew (lol) the porch off. Took the dog to dog bar again. Came home and laid in the yard looking up at the trees for about an hour. I felt like a person who lives in a tent. Lol. My dog laid on my chest and we just kinda chilled amongst the pine cones for a little while listening to Gov't Mule. It was actually pretty effing glorious. Sunday night, cooked sausage and mushroom stuffed peppers, watched The Walking Dead and geared up to be awesome this week. I'm succeeding so far.

Do your job. Treat people right. Give all out effort. Have an all-in attitude.

The end.

Welp, the Tigers and Panters won and I didn't die.

Oct 22, 2018, 8:24 AM

Friday - Date night, which consisted of me making a salad, grilling a huge Porterhouse we split, opening a bottle of wine and cleaning up. Afterwards Ms. Wilbur went to watch Hallmark and I watched Fox News.

Sattidy - Went to the HogWaller Oktoberfest. Had a few obligatory Paulaner's and a brat. Came back to watch football from 3:30 to midnight. Had a few more various beers.

Sunday - Watched the Panthers finally show up in the 4th quarter. Cooked up some pasta.

7.67/10 - wish I'd gone to the dog whoopin'

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

ah man

Oct 22, 2018, 3:02 PM

I would have liked to go to the Hogwaller Octoberfest, love me some redneck german action

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

running some wire through the laundry room to a

Oct 22, 2018, 8:25 AM

crawl space and nicked a wire and had to put in a junction box wasting most of sunday. Saturday pre-game chopped some firewood

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Oct 22, 2018, 8:28 AM

Absolutely amazing!!!

Friday Night the Cards put there self in the Region Championship game with a win over Blacksburg to improve to 8-1 (3-0).

Saturday ran the chains at Wofford, who beat SoCon Leader ETSU. And it wasn't even close. So now Wofford takes over as the SoCon leader

Then Clemson put it on Nancy State to take over sole possession of 1st in the Atlantic.

Sunday was beating the fire out of my drums at church. All you can eat wings at Fatz, yes I embarrassed my family haha, and then home to watch some really good football, back to church for meetings, got to sing with the kids choir, came home, ate, and watched O'Daniel play for KC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

Not too bad considering....

Oct 22, 2018, 8:39 AM

Friday - took a vacation day to do some stuff around the house. When kids got home from school, we all headed to Helen to meet up with in-laws. I didn't want to go to Helen in the first place on a football weekend and to make matters worse, our freight carrier called Thursday night and offered me 2 box tickets for CU/NCST game. Was fuming. Anyways...got to Helen around 5:30pm and went for some German food that was actually pretty darn good. Had some beers. Visited some old stomping grounds from when I used to go for Octoberfest/camping every year in college/post-college.

Sat - got up and walked into town. stood in line for a long time for a mediocre breakfast. Everyone wanted to go see the %$%^ waterfall, so we hiked up there. Yeah yeah...lots of water...there's football on in 15 min! We go back to condo and my plan was to head out solo for beer drinking and football watching and get in good position for our game at 3:30. But wait...now son-of wants to hang out with me to watch the game. We walk into town and anywhere we had a chance of seeing the game was 21 and older...so FML. We had back to the condo and watch the game on a 30" tv with sheety picture. But whatever...at least in-laws weren't there making idiotic comments and talking incessantly during game....that is until the 2nd half. It's a good thing we were winning bigly or....

Sun - waited in line for more avg breakfast. Took the kids mining for gems/gold. They got a good kick out of that. Then went to Nacoochee Village Tavern and Pizzeria. Was pretty dang good. Drove home and watched NFL for rest of day/night.

All-in-all meh weekend, but could have been worse. Tigers looked great doh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice, very nice

Oct 22, 2018, 8:41 AM

Fri - hunted in the morning, drove to GA to pickup a GF clock, had family over to the house for some Smokin Pig take out

Sat - Leave house at 9:42 a.m., park at 10:50 a.m. with a stop in between. Mcjr lasted one series before it was "too loud". Wife took him out and I proceeded to watch the beat down with in-laws.

Sun - Church, played outside with McJr

Lots of bbq consumed and more today for lunch......I feel like I have bbq 2X per week on avg

I'm confused.

Oct 22, 2018, 8:49 AM

You drove a Graduate Assistant to pick up a Girlfriend Clock?

WHAT IN THE HOLY NAME OF MOTHRA IS A GIRLFRIEND CLOCK?!!?!??

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOAISY***

Oct 22, 2018, 8:58 AM

I can't find enough fault to deduct points.

Oct 22, 2018, 8:44 AM

Friday, took half day and ran some errands including overdue oil change, started early drinking beers, watched TV and crashed around 11.

Saturday, GREAT tailagate and GREAT day of football. Visits from 3timeTiger, cmfreeman®, cu85tiger®, Sandy Springs Tiger and his very cool girlfriend who he needs to hang on to, Ineligible user, Lakebum1®, 19B came by at the half for a beer, and of course Shorty before and after the game. Had a blast all day long. Drive back Saturday night was murderous but Joonyer brought up the Ohio's Tate Buttguys game on his phone so I watched that all the way home and was massively entertained. Stopped at Cookout in Boiling Springs for a quick bite and got home around midnight and fell into a deep coma.

Sunday, L A Z Y morning, trip to the grocery store where I assume all of the Ohio's Tate were shopping too because I counted a total of 7 Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head t-shirts. 7. Did not even know who won the Panties game until I went to RH Mom's in the late afternoon to pick up leftover Smokin' Pig and let the pup run around and annoy the neighbors with incessant barking. Came home and ate leftovers, flopped in the big chair and watched TWD and texted about music stuff with Ineligible user for a bit, then crashed harder than Jake Bentley's Heisman campaign.

After applying highly complex calculus, physics, and chemistry formulas...the weekend totaled out to be a 11/10. I would deduct if I'd driven back from Clemson Saturday night, but I was chauffeured so I won't complain.

didn't see you

Oct 22, 2018, 2:24 PM

at the annual Rough Mix Reunion Tour

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prettay, prettay, good.

Oct 22, 2018, 8:45 AM

Except for traffic, which was the worst I think I've ever seen on a Clemson weekend.

Friday: wanted to leave at 3, left at 5:15 (lulz). What should be a 3 hour trip ended up taking 4+. Made it in time to whip into a spot on Press Road to watch the fireworks. That lightened the irate mood from the drive a little. Grabbed a late dinner at Sidewall, they were nice enough to seat us 5 minutes before closing, so we ate fast and tipped well. That joint has good pizza and salads, dew recommend. Roasted mushrooms pie:

Saturday: up early to grab brisket at Smokin' Pig; no line, no wait, sweet. Swing by CFA to grab party tray. Also, check out these nuggets:

Watch wolfpups get manhandled, scoot to RH tailgate to chug halftime beers, meet SST (HE'S A REAL PERSON), scoot back to game, scoot back to Tiger Park with developing headache that ended up kinda shitting on the rest of my night. Traffic out of Clemson was terrible as we were trying to get across the bridge to drop the kids off--left at 8:30 because reservation at Pixie & Bill's at 9pm. We didn't make it to fran's house 2 miles from campus until 9:20. P&B is cool with this, even though they stop seating at 9:30. So we head back up 123...get to P&B at 9:50. 30 effing minutes to go basically from Food Lion in Seneca to Pixie & Bill's, for a game that ended hours earlier. Buncha tourists.

Sunday: packed up and out the door, stopped by DD for some grub, was mediocre and packed to the gills, but half of it was hot, hungover coeds, so didn't mind as much as I might have in other situations. Hit botanical gardens--they keep adding to it, and I'm blown away at how much stuff was blooming in late Scotchtober.

Traffic sucked a bag of dicks on the way home again.

8/10, 2 pt deduction for traffic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We left around 2:30 Friday, Got to Clemson about 8:15.

Oct 22, 2018, 9:19 AM

Traffic was turrible, and even worse on the way back Sunday. We had to take 176 for a while after Columbia because the interstate was a standstill. I'm not sure what is going on, that ish needs to change. It was a like a hurricane was happenin'.

Missed you at RH Tig's tailgate. I think we showed up about 10 minutes late.

Not bad at all

Oct 22, 2018, 8:57 AM

Friday: paid in $10 for a pool of people to buy MegaMillions ticket. Did not win

Saturday: up early to go to Cootlumbia for State Fair. Was the youngest's birthday and this is what she wanted. Saw a whole lotta UDPs there. Ate fried Oreos, watched pig races and pretty much tried not to touch anything. Watched a scokker match and headed home to catch the end of the Clemson game to see we stompped the floor down on State.

Sunday: up even earlier, to the town that time forgot, Lexington SC. Drove by a place advertising "onion sausage" saw the Massage Envy place that I am sure ryanadidas went to. PLay a couple of games, not very well. Son of wanted Rush's so we ate like fats there and went home to watch some NFL.

Oh, I about froze my hindquarters off on Sunday, did not expect a wind chill.

9.8/10

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not bad at all

Oct 22, 2018, 10:20 AM

That onion sausage is probably Rhoten's. Dad and I were talking about that place on Saturday. I don't think the Rhoten family owns it any more, but back in the day, that sausage was top notch.

I had forgotten about Massage Envy. Thanks for digging up that old wound.

If you passed by Rhoten's, you drove past the real estate billboard featuring you and Dong.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

weight wut?***

Oct 22, 2018, 11:09 AM

Re: weight wut?***

Oct 22, 2018, 11:26 AM

There was a sign featuring two realtors. One looked slightly like you. The other was a dead-ringer for MauldinT.

Not bad - spent most of it watching football on the couch

Oct 22, 2018, 8:57 AM

icing my nads down. Wasn't as bad as I thought. 1000x better than another kid, tho

Greenr
ryanadidas

RIP, DGUARVAS.***

Oct 22, 2018, 9:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T's & P's for mah B's***

Oct 22, 2018, 10:27 AM

What drugs did you get?***

Oct 22, 2018, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Not bad - spent most of it watching football on the couch ]

hydrocodone

Oct 22, 2018, 10:27 AM

didn't touch it, tho.

What did they give you during the procedure?

Oct 22, 2018, 10:31 AM

Just a belt to bite down on?

I just squeezed his hand***

Oct 22, 2018, 10:34 AM

That's what I said too immediately following the procedure

Oct 22, 2018, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Not bad - spent most of it watching football on the couch ]

then the surgical infection came.........

Stay alert, you aren't out of the woods yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aaand about how long after did that happen??

Oct 22, 2018, 11:08 AM

asking for 2 frands

3-4 days.

Oct 22, 2018, 11:25 AM

103 fever, nads the size of tennis balls that felt like they were being crushed in a hydraulic press if the breeze blew on them the wrong way.

IT WAS AWESOME.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm at ~3.5 days

Oct 22, 2018, 11:54 AM

Hopefully that window has been cauterized closed, as well

Sounds like you still have 12 hours before you can be

Oct 22, 2018, 12:13 PM

absolutely sure you're not going to double fault at Wimbledon.

Pretty good

Oct 22, 2018, 9:08 AM

Friday: Eff work. Slept in. left after lunch to go to MB. Friday night went to Medieval Times (cause wife had made plans with 2 other couples). Got Knighted (you shall refer to me as SIR MICALLEN from heretofore.)

Saturday: Slept in. Ate breakfast (lunch) at Johnny D's. #### GOOD. Will dew again. Spent way too much money on clothes for sonof and wifeof. Went to wax museum near Broadway. Groped Elvira.
Went back to hotel to watch most of Clemson's AZZZZZ cuting of Nancy's taint. Went to Dave and Buster's and had blast. Realized that sonof could be our DD. Drank many Octoberfests, cause, it's October. Won some sweet Ren and Stimpy stuffed animals. Kicked son's ### in pool. As the night progresses, sonof kicked my ### in pool.

Sunday: Slept in. Went to another pancake house for breakfast (lunch). Stomped the shizz out of wifeof's and sonof's azzz in putt-putt. Went to Broadway at the Murder Beach. Shopped at the new KWIK-E-MART. Wen't home. Got azzz cut AGAIN in Lunge FF.

Wood dew again.

9.3/10 Stupid Junge FF.

TIL that micallen

Oct 22, 2018, 9:30 AM

is from Ohio

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's SIR Micallen to you***

Oct 22, 2018, 10:46 AM

Re: Pretty good

Oct 22, 2018, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Pretty good ]

RED KNIGHT SUCKS, BLUE KNIGHT RULES.

Really pretty good

Oct 22, 2018, 9:17 AM

Friday: It was a busy day. Errands, leaf cleanup, honeydews. We went downtown to watch daughterof's boyfriend's band play. His mother is very nice and his dad is a know it all ahole. He probably thinks the same thing of me. The daughter is in love, so I kept my mouth shut and was very cordial to the mfring dickwad. It was cold and I really didn't want to go, but it's what parents do.

Saturday: Tigers beat some ###. Dodgers win NLCS. Urban Meyer on suicide watch. Many beers consumed. It was an excellent day.

Sunday: We hosted a birthday party for a friend. Good times.

Crass went to Clemson game, sat in suite, drunk***

Oct 22, 2018, 9:26 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

^^^Further proof that Crass is Mackey.***

Oct 22, 2018, 10:40 AM

purty #### good, beer, ball and booty! no boat, or bike tho.

Oct 22, 2018, 9:34 AM

took sav82wife to disney for our anniversary. we hung out at the food and wine festival at epcot most of the time. the ireland pavilion had a "shake" made with baileys and guineas i would still be there if i hadn't found out how much those gems cost.
met some tiger fans from greenville at the sports bar in our resort, nice folks.

A shake made out of guineas?

Oct 22, 2018, 9:42 AM

Was it tomato-based?

You think you're pretty smart, don't you Trebek,

Oct 22, 2018, 10:42 AM

what with your Dago moustache and your Guinea hair.

11/10

Oct 22, 2018, 9:34 AM

Because...

Took the GF to her first ever Clemson home game and had great seats (hat tip Shorty) for the ticket hookup). Parked and walked over to Esso club for a drink or two and see that MF'n CJ Spiller is there, of course I had to act like a fanboy and get a pig with him.

Then we walked over to downtown and did a little Winkopp tailgating at the Study Hall rooftop, then grabbed some beers from whatever the Cricket convenience store is called now and walked over to the Warlord's tailgate for a quick beer RH Tig

Left at halftime to go back to the Warlord's tailgate, proceeded to get hazed by him with Milwaukee's Best, but surprisingly didn't hate it and said "Thank you sir, may I have another?". Also met cmfreeman® and Ineligible user . Oh yea, also got off on 19B . I think the 19 actually refers to his height in feet, not an 85 exit number.

Also got to walk over to tailgate of Lakebum1® and meet he and LadyLakebum and watch Clemson further destroy NC State. Unfortunately I rolled out before the game ended to beat traffic and head back to Atlanta so I missed Shorty at the tailgate. Gracias to both Lakebum and RH Tig for letting me crash their tailgates.

Finally, Sunday rolls around and buddy says "I have two extra box seats for the Atlanta United game at the Benz, want to go?" Box was literally field level almost behind the goal, all you can eat food and drink. Watched United win and also 4 different NFL games were on in the box and ate way too much. Got home and passed out on the couch.

Tired AF this morning, but 11/10 overall

Mezcal dominated my day Sattiday

Oct 22, 2018, 9:37 AM

Friday spent getting ready fo the big game
Saturday was the bauce, whooping the woofies like they’re man hey mutts!
Sunday - hangover was not bad, dat swordfish dinner was all some!

Allsum. We beat NC State College.

Oct 22, 2018, 9:38 AM

My in-laws should be quiet for yet anudder year.

Friday was ok

Oct 22, 2018, 9:42 AM

Saturday, wife of decides that she has to go shopping for groceries and cold weather clothes for the kids. So if I want to spend time with them I have to hobble my crippled ### all over town. Didn't move from the couch the rest of the night.

Sunday: meetings

Today: orthopedic surgeon. Sitting in the waiting room now probably not going to be able to be seen because the workers comp guy has to call and approve and they can't find him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Have you considered amputating?

Oct 22, 2018, 9:46 AM

Can you imagine the intimidation factor you would bring to the table with a wooden peg leg?

Only if they can offer a lifetime supply of rum***

Oct 22, 2018, 10:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That might be part of the plan.

Oct 22, 2018, 10:07 AM

Maybe go back and read through the paperwork they gave you with your Obamacare policy when you ordered it off the insurance exchange website.

Lulz at paying for insurance.***

Oct 22, 2018, 10:09 AM

Brags about free insurance, while

Oct 22, 2018, 10:49 AM

not getting to see a Doctor because insurance company's mystery workers comp man is on a three day bender in Branson, MO.

YOLO***

Oct 22, 2018, 10:54 AM

People say that all the time and then the next thing you

Oct 22, 2018, 11:55 AM

know, they get bit by a vampire and they end up living twice.

Somewhere north of meh

Oct 22, 2018, 10:01 AM

Fri - ran some errands, started HH drinking, which turned into late night drinking at a buddy's house for his birthday. Overindulged a bit, wife not happy.

Sat - drove son to morning soccer game in west columbia. Deliciously satisfying lunch at chick-fil-a, followed by afternoon soccer game that of course coincided with our game. Watched some of the game on my phone while trying to follow the soccer game. Listen to the game on the radio while high tailing it back to Aiken to catch the last few minutes on TV. Didn't get to see much of the game, but thoroughly enjoyed our team whipping the shid out of Laptop Dave and the wolfpack.

Sun - lazy morning, Skipped morning game but went to son's afternoon soccer game which, thankfully, was in Aiken. Watched some football and made delicious pot roast in the instapot for supper.

Overall, not terrible but not great, all wrapped up in helping wife take care of her temporarily crippled son. 6/10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

How is he doing btw?***

Oct 22, 2018, 11:50 AM

Excellent!

Oct 22, 2018, 10:09 AM

Friday-Took PTO and drove to Clemson. I had hoped to get to happy hour, but whatever is going on in Orangeburg, Columbia, and Newberry stopped that from happening.

Finally got to Clemson, checked in hotel, and went to the Esso for a bit. Pro-tip to the Esso staff: Bands that poorly play wedding reception songs are not going to be a big draw on gameday weekends. Left Esso, went back to hotel.

Saturday- started with some tailgating with friends downtown by the Blue Heron, then hoofed it across town to Lakebum1®'s tailgate. Hung out there and walked over to RH Tig's to finally meet the warlord in poerson. Bounced back and forth between their tailgates for a while. Mrs. Lakebum was gracious enough to give me her ticket and babysit Mrs Ineligible, so I got to sit and watched Etienne score with the Lakebum's for a bit. We came out at the half, met Sandy Springs Tiger and his lovely girlfriend. Eventually went over to the Esso for a few more beers and french fries. Amazingly, we walked through the middle of Clemson (behind the Abernathy area) at 10:30p, didn't get lost, and somehow found my truck.

Sunday-left Clemson around 10a, much more traffic, got home at 3p. Had to get a beer to kill the remainder of my hangover, so I walked up to the Southern to see Hans Wenzel and his band, and they were excellent. $70 later, walked back home and fell asleep on the couch.

Today-Supposed to be starting new job at the old job, but so far all I've done is cancel meetings and type this.

9.9/10 for the weekend, only deduction is for the ridic traffic and left lane hawgs.

Outstanding.

Oct 22, 2018, 10:25 AM

Went to Augusta to see Gov't Mule at the Miller Theater with SarahAdidas. Mule was awesome and that is the nicest venue that I've ever been to. I HIGHLY recommend it!
Saturday SarahAdidas took the kids to Dave and Busters and left me home to watch football.
Saturday night, SarahAdidas and I babysitted hleapha, Junior. He's a sweet baby. Didn't give us a lick of trouble.
Sunday wife cooked breakfast, which was very good and I worked on finishing up a shelving/storage project that I started 2 or 3 years ago. Went to Boo at the Zoo last night and ate at White Duck Taco. Both were fun.
Woke up this morning feeling like t-total asss. Probably related to the weather change.

Re: 10/10......Tigers Won......'Nuff Said

Oct 22, 2018, 10:53 AM

Post-op concluded, bandages off, meds are done. Now experiencing wild and wonderful different levels of pain in my foot. One day at a time.....one day at a time.

Adulted hard. Last days of fandom are gone, and full time

Oct 22, 2018, 11:56 AM

daddom is now here.

Friday, off day in the office. Worked half a day getting a proposal out for the company. Due Tuesday midday, east coast, had to ship on Friday to ensure appropriate buffer zone for random Fedex effups that occasionally occur.

Saturday, lilmissgrouching's (no pigs) first dance recital at the local community fair. Went how you would expect for a group of five and six year old girls (no pigs) who have only been in class since August. Had we left immediately following, I would have been home in time to watch the entire beatdown. Instead, we stayed, let her play with her friends throughout the jumping castle replica of a sinking Titanic. I chortled at it. Followed the game through gamecast, got a sunburn because 85 in October and brilliant blue skies. Got home in time to watch the 2nd half of the game, then drank cheap, mass produced domestic vintage beer (cause still hot outside) while I grilled up some badass tri-tip with asparagus and homegrown eggplant. Magnifique. Did homework, had some bourbon as a night cap, then went to bed.

Sunday, took the family to the overpriced pumpkin patch, because $5 grocery store pumpkins just won't do when you can pay $13/person plus $0.50/lb for a pumpkin YOU PICK WITH YOUR OWN TWO HANDS. lilmissgrouching went ziplining, climbed the hay mountain, went through the petting zoon, then got scratched and itchy to hell traipsing through the pumpkin patch. Morale of the story, sometimes it pays to be UDP. Came home, dozed off on the couch, then did some yard work at the end of the day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very nice homecoming

Oct 22, 2018, 2:35 PM

Got up early on Friday and made 12lbs of meatloaves. Went to Backstreets because every other restaurant in town was packed. Buddy made the mistake of getting 36 wings all hot. Hot at Backsteets is hot. Got to the d i k e before the fireworks started and they were glorious. Not sure what happened after that.

Got up Saturday late (8am) and got to the tailgate. Made pancake tacos with bacon and egg. Went to see the annual Rough Mix Reunion Tour, 1st set, and did not see RH Tig

Went back to tailgate and had grilled meatloaf sandwiches. Made it to the game and that was awesome. Hung out on Lot 1 as long as we could and continued to drink.

Got up Sunday and cleaned up, drove back to GA, little dog Cash started hobbling and not using one leg. Felt bad about it until I took him to the vet this morning and the vet said "growing pains". X-rays looked fine.

I had every intention of getting over there but sadly it's

Oct 22, 2018, 2:46 PM

hard to motor too far away since Mom isn't as mobile as she used to be. I did pull into Gentry Hall after the game just to see but it was way too late and there was nobody there.

left town thursday afternoon

Oct 22, 2018, 2:43 PM

arrived in Brevard around dinner thirty.
friday AM, cooked some breakfast, visited family and loaded up for Sky Top Orchard (wood dew again even though tourist trap AF)
kids napped, woke up and headed to Oskar Blue's to meet other cousin. scored some can o bliss, and death by coconut

saturday morning headed down the mtn to Clemson. Parked across from Papa John's and realized how lazy we really were in college. No way in hayull would i have walked that far then. now, at 36 with a double stroller, cooler, 2 weeks of extra everything, i muled my @$$ up to campus.

kids loved bowman, thought floats were better quality now than when i made one back in the day. maybe not having to actually stuff tissue paper in chicken wire for hours helped.

visited more family at various tailgates. accidentally left a bag of kids urine at my cousin's spot.

headed back to the mtn for game.

delicious diner breakfast, loaded the family and back to Mt P. hit some back roads to avoid 26 red spots on google maps.

gave neighbor some fresh picked apples, had a couple of beers and sloppy joe's for dinner.

9/10 wood dew again

"tell me more about this cousin" - McLovin

Oct 22, 2018, 2:47 PM

"tell me more about this bag of urine" - Cs02

Mine was pretty awesome...

Oct 22, 2018, 5:35 PM

Was in SC Thursday for my mom's surgery.. Stayed in Simpsonville for the weekend..Tried out Tipsy Taco and What's on Tap..both really cool places..

My guy cooked steak and scallops on the grill and I drank lots of wine..Friday was lazy most of the day...had fresh Shrimp and grits for dinner.. drank more wine..

Got up Saturday morning and left for Clemson...got there at 5:15am. Wonderful time tailgating as always!

Came home from Simpsonville Sunday evening.

Very good weekend:)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 63
| visibility 736
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic