Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 914

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 17, 2018, 8:19 AM

Friday night, $2.00 tacos from the truck outside the Mexican grocery story down the road from my house, then to get stuff for hosting folks for the game Saturday.

Saturday, football all day.

Sunday, more football and general laziness. This weekend was the longest that my car has stayed in one place in ages.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers won, the Panthers lost but I didn't die.

Sep 17, 2018, 8:21 AM

Spent most of the weekend huddled up in the basement praying the devastating 15 mph winds and the torrential mist wouldn't do major damage to Masion de Wilbur du lac.

Pretty meh overall.

5/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Great Saturday game, restful Sunday

Sep 17, 2018, 8:22 AM

Got my late season suntan!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.

Sep 17, 2018, 9:09 AM

I burnt my redneck.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Over too quick

Sep 17, 2018, 8:22 AM

(TWSS)

Fri night - First family of 4 outing to Creekside BBQ
Saturday - left house at 8, packed car with 4 adults, 2 kids, and tailgating necessities then off to Clemson. Watched game, left, got home at 4:30.
Sunday - Church, watched football

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 17, 2018, 8:29 AM

Friday
I don't know. Not a whole lot.

Saturday
Woke up, got mad at the wife because the house was a wreck. The boy and I went on a drive and watched the Clemson game at the inlaw's house while the wife and daughter stayed home and cleaned. Came home, made up (no #####), and watched Kingpin.

Sunday
Woke up, took the fam to Waffle House. Went car shopping. Test drove a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport, a 2015(or 16) Infinity QX60, and a 2016 Acura MDX. Looked at a bunch more. Ate Italian food, whole family got diarhea. Did car reasearch and watched a bunch of Seinfeld.

5/10 for testy moments with wife, car shopping, crappy weather, medeocre football, no #####, and mud-butt.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I am glad you survived being a #### to the wife and

Sep 17, 2018, 8:30 AM

car shopping.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right. I'm a total d!ck to the wife.

Sep 17, 2018, 10:07 AM

True confession. I need to be better at that. Probably my biggest fault.

Car shopping was pretty fun, but exhausting.

At the moment, the leaders are:

Ford Explorer Sport - the one that we drove was out of our range by a bit, but it was pretty dang quick and nice.

Ford Edge Sport - we didn't drive one, but we sat in a few regular Edges and liked them. The Edge Sport, on paper, is even more quick/fun to drive than the Explorer Sport, and it fits in our budget better. Wife is going to drive one today in Columbia.

Ford Explorer XLT/Limited (non-Sport) - Again, haven't driven one, but I assume if the regular V6 is 290HP, it's probably plenty "quick" for the MRS, and the price is much better than the Sport model. Wife is going to drive one of these today, as well.

We both liked the Infinity QX60 that we drove, but from multiple sources, it gets terrible reliability ratings, like scary bad. We nixed that one off the list just b/c of that reason.

The Acura MDX we drove was nice, but TBH, we liked the Explorer Sport better.

The wife is going to check out some Honda Pilots today, I believe. I expect that she'll not enjoy the "fun ride" after the other cars we've driven.

Color me surprised that the Ford is out of range where the

Sep 17, 2018, 10:09 AM

Infinity and Acura are not.

Re: Color me surprised that the Ford is out of range where the

Sep 17, 2018, 10:13 AM

Well here's the deal.

The Ford was a 2016 Explorer Sport - I think they wanted $32K.

The MDX and Infinity were 2015 or 2016, roughly equal miles to the Ford, if I remember correctly. They were $28K and $26K IIRC.

They had non-sport explorers that were plenty nice that were well within our range. We just got tired of being at the dealership and didn't want to drive anymore at that time.

This was at CarMax. Not sold on buying one from them, but it was the only place open yesterday and they had a wide range of cars to drive around and see what we liked.

Yep, I'd have but the other cars

Sep 17, 2018, 10:52 AM

costing more. It isn't like I know much about any of those vehicles.

I hate that they don't have those free used car magazines

Sep 17, 2018, 11:02 AM

they used to have at the Bi-Lo every week. That's how I used to keep up with car prices. Now I have no idea what is what, since they quit with them.

Yeah I know they "moved" on-line, but I don't waste time or energy looking at them. It was easier (for me anyways) to just flip through that little mag and have a couple nice ones catch my eye.

Sometimes technology isn't progress. Give me back those little print magazines.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why no 4runner?***

Sep 17, 2018, 10:16 AM [ in reply to You're right. I'm a total d!ck to the wife. ]

Two Reasons:

Sep 17, 2018, 10:34 AM

1. In-laws and other folks keep pushing the 4-Runner and we're the type of people to do the exact opposite as we're told, just for the sake of being a PITA. Now I know where my daughter gets it from.

2. I think they're overpriced for what we need. We don't need any of the off-road capabilities that you pay a premium for. I haven't been in one in years, but I am almost certain that the ride is more truck-like, which the wife won't like.

But they are soooo fookin reliable***

Sep 17, 2018, 10:35 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really?

Sep 17, 2018, 10:51 AM

I'm looking for something that blows up every 3 months and will make me KMS when I get so aggravated with maintenance issues. Thanks though.

...If a car makes you KMS, please be willing to

Sep 17, 2018, 10:53 AM

show off the sweater puppies.

Well, they make 2wd drive versions

Sep 17, 2018, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Two Reasons: ]

And you sound like you like to have a car that depreciates faster than an engagement ring.

Re: Well, they make 2wd drive versions

Sep 17, 2018, 10:44 AM

Well this is a buy used and run into the ground type situation.

If I was buying new and selling a few years later, then yea, I get a 4-runner.

In my situation, one that depreciates works in my favor, the way I see it.

That's the biggest issue I have with the "more reliable than God" Toyota's... The used ones cost damnear as much as the new ones.

Good point on the 2wd ones. In that case, I rely on my first reason - I generally do the opposite of what everybody tells me to do bc I'm an a-hole.

You should have told us about this personality trait of

Sep 17, 2018, 11:17 AM

doing the opposite when you initially asked for car advice. I would have told you to get a Ford Explorer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people you just can't reach***

Sep 17, 2018, 11:55 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would NOT under any circumstances advise you to buy

Sep 17, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, they make 2wd drive versions ]

1980 Chevrolet Citation, Mr. Do The Opposite of What I Say.

I'll show YOU, you summabitch!!!

Sep 17, 2018, 8:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh_F2vFfDW0

That thing can tow a boat with the rear wheels removed!

I'd like to see a fancy shmancy Tiyata do that!

It was also Motor Trend Car of the Year in 1980.

It's tough to come home to a nasty house like that though

Sep 17, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to You're right. I'm a total d!ck to the wife. ]

It's really the only thing my wife and I fight about. About 3 or 4 times a year it finally gets to a point where I just can't take it anymore and get pissed. Then things improve, only to deteriorate over time, then we rinse and repeat this cycle. Of course, I'm supposed to help, and when I question why she doesn't help with any of the yard work the fireworks usually start going off.

It's been this way for 3 or 4 years and I don't see that changing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's tough to come home to a nasty house like that though

Sep 17, 2018, 10:36 AM

Yep, that's our situation.

I usually get fed up and go on a cleaning blitz where I clean 80% of the house, but I'm fuming mad the whole time and unload when she gets home. To which she, like clockwork, will respond: I don't know why you did all of that, I was going to do it.... yea right.

The other classic line is: "if I kept the house clean, you would just find something else to biitch about."

To which I always reply: "Why don't you give it a shot and see???"

She's probably right, but that's a character trait I need to work on... has zero to do with her keeping a clean house.

Oh well.

lol, marriage.

Honestly, it probably DOES have most to do with keeping the

Sep 17, 2018, 10:44 AM

house clean. I know it does for me. My wife says the same shid, and I'm just like yeah this place has been a pigsty for 3 weeks but today was the day huh?

We're in a stand off over getting a maid right now...We need one, but I refuse to pay for it. She says she can't afford it but there's a new package of clothes delivered that she ordered off line about every three days. My hourglass is almost empty, I can feel it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly, it probably DOES have most to do with keeping the

Sep 17, 2018, 10:48 AM

We had one a few times that worked pretty nicely. She was an illegal from one of the "H" countries. Haiti? Honduras? Honea Path? She was cheap as dirt, but made the fatal mistake of flushing a bazillion lysol wipes down my toilet and clogged up the entire septic tank, causing me to get covered in turds, and flooding most of my house.

The past few months, the wife and I have been keeping separate finances, so if she wants to pay a maid out of "her end", she can. She decided she didn't need one when I asked her. Funny how that changed things.

You could probably force her hand by withholding Little

Sep 17, 2018, 10:55 AM

Ceasar's. Women love to go out to eat, but they don't love to pay for it. That's usually where I start.

Not bad.

Sep 17, 2018, 11:01 AM

I started off Sunday with this little gem:

Me (woke up in a bad mood... no reason) - Hey, I'm going to go to Waffle House.

Her - Take the kids with you and bring me back something.

Me - If you **** me, I'll bring you Waffle House. Otherwise, you're gonna have to come with me.

Her - Not sure what her exact words were, but she made it clear that she wasn't a wh0re and even if she was, waffle house wouldn't cut it.

Clearly it went down hill from this point. I recovered, apologized, and offered to take the family to Waffle House. I managed to right the ship, but it was a close call.

Not my proudest moment.

I have now moved you in front of FBCoach in the

Sep 17, 2018, 11:25 AM

"Who gets divorced first" race.

Mrs. Tig and I do the separate finances thing too.

Sep 18, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Honestly, it probably DOES have most to do with keeping the ]

I had to break her knee cap last year when she couldn't pay the vig on a loan I made to her.

OH, THE UPS AND DOWNS OF MARRIAGE, LOLUTZ!

Intense .... Currently SIOAIT

Sep 17, 2018, 8:31 AM

alcohol, BGE, football.

Sep 17, 2018, 8:33 AM

Friday night was lazy, cooked dinner, did some laundry and watched a few eps of Ozark.

Satuday - worked from home for a few hours, took daughterof and her friend to the indoor trampoline park and then to get ice cream. Got home and cooked ribs not in the crock pot. Watched more Ozark

Sunday - Lazy af, finished Ozark, took daughterof shopping for a halloween costume and picked up some camping supplies for this coming weekend. Cooked pasta for dinner and took in a movie before bed. Verified Hurricane Flo was gone and checked in safe on fb

Don't you know you are to check in safe during the middle of

Sep 17, 2018, 8:35 AM

the event?

What do I know***

Sep 17, 2018, 9:12 AM

You’re lucky

Sep 17, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

I’m pretty sure that trampoline place has maimed more people than Flo so far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Final thoughts on Ozark?

Sep 17, 2018, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

I watched Season 1, but can't remember the second half of the season.

I can't get motivated to re-watch the 2nd half of season 1 and season 2.

Should I do it, or meh?

I have two episodes left in season 2.

Sep 17, 2018, 10:17 AM

So far it's better than season 1, and I didn't think they'd be able to pull that off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The last two episodes

Sep 17, 2018, 10:18 AM

are the best ones, HTH

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its aiight Lots of slow parts***

Sep 17, 2018, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Final thoughts on Ozark? ]

Fun times at the ballgame

Sep 17, 2018, 8:47 AM

Anytime you get to shake the Warlord’s hand and drink a Schiltz with him it makes for a good weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Glad to be back at work

Sep 17, 2018, 8:50 AM

whiney 4 year old being a diva all weekend. Trapt in the house with her since ugly outside.

Did go to her double header soccer games Sattidy morning. Was also a letdown as none of the 3 and 4 year olds on her team wanted to play 2 games at 10:15 and 11. They all wanted to eat snacks and sleep.

Can you blame them? Eat snacks and sleep are in the top 5

Sep 17, 2018, 8:53 AM

of things I want to do.

not blaming the kids. Blaming the nimrods who did schedulin

Sep 17, 2018, 8:58 AM

A Double header for 3 & 4 year olds? Stoopid enough. Doing it during their naptime? Evan stoopider

Waited all week and weekend for the death and destruction

Sep 17, 2018, 8:56 AM

the weather channel promised, but I'm not sure we ever got any rain. Very very happy that I didn't evacuate.

Got a text friday night from a VP in our company telling me I now have another job. Not sure whats up with that yet.

Got way over served Friday night, and still not 100% over it. Slept all day saturday. Cleaned up most of the hurricane prep stuff, and then went to lunch yesterday with some friends, and later had a few beers at Red's. Came home and watched some Black Sails again because bored AF and worried about new job.

In other news, my sisters house in Oriental, NC got pummeled and had about a foot of water in it. She still has no power but the water has receded enough for her to be able to leave her house. They have a big mess up there.

I'm giving it a solid 6/10 only because seeing friends was good, and not getting hit by a hurricane was nice.

Congrats on the new job!

Sep 17, 2018, 9:00 AM

Just when you want to quit.

Thanks--I think.

Sep 17, 2018, 9:08 AM

There was an Onion article when Obama was elected entitled: "Black man gets worlds worst job"; I think this may be similar. except I'm not black.

Basically, from what I understand, I've been given a job that has to be done in the next year that no one else has wanted nor been able to do. I'm not sure why they think I can get it done.

Developing...

Interesting pic from hurricane

Sep 17, 2018, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Waited all week and weekend for the death and destruction ]

Definitely not planned so the qualified captain doesn't get a copy.

I had to evacuate a couple of times this weekend.

Sep 17, 2018, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Waited all week and weekend for the death and destruction ]

My bowels, I mean.

Emotional roller coaster

Sep 17, 2018, 8:57 AM

Friday: Prep just in case the hurricane decided to be another Hugo up here.

Saturday: Spent the morning getting ready for the game viewing. Got the call just before noon that my BIL passed away. I had to go to Maria's work to break the news to her. It's a five minute drive that seemed to take an hour. The roller coaster began. We were sad but then there would be those strange moments of memories that would bring a smile to me. He is the first of nine siblings to go. It was a long day.

Sunday: Rain and wind. We found meaningless tasks around the house to keep us busy.

For Mick. I hope your 2x4's are always straight and you never miss a nail on the other side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkp9dtpeNU4

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sucked

Sep 17, 2018, 9:00 AM

Thursday/Friday: prepped house of DeathStorm18. Checkd leaks, plugged holes, fought mosquitoes.

Saturday: Storm arrived, check storm drain every two hours, check for leaks, see some feetsball.

Sunday: more of the same.

Prasie be to Allah that I can get out of the house finally. The whole town shut down, except the local Wal-Marts.

And, yes, we didn't get flooded, so praise be to Allah, once again

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I survived.

Sep 17, 2018, 9:03 AM

Friday, went to Academy after work and bought Frog Togs poncho just in case. Back home to change, and then over to RH Mom's to bail leaves out of the pool. Swung by Papa John's for the first time in maybe a decade and got one of the new Italian Hero pizzas. It wasn't bad at all, but I can make it home WAY cheaper and WAY better. Ate, gathered game day stuff, in bed by 10:15.

Saturday, on the road at 6 am for Clemson. ZERO traffic on I-85 and not a single cop spotted until I turned off on Old Stone Church Rd headed to the stadium. Was actually kind of creepy and foreboding. Because of the possibility of high winds, we set up 'Tailgate Light'. cmfreeman® and cu85tiger® came by and had a Schlitz with me, Shorty came through with the chain gang for a second, then stopped and had a delicious Keystone Light with Lakebum1® and his Mrs. on the way in to the game. Football was played, this team is good but I fear this team is missing that little something 'special'. Just a feeling I have but I guess we'll see as the season progresses. Willmo® and crew came by for a beer at the half, Shorty came back through for his post-game beer afterwards. We packed up and got out pretty quick as it looked like it might start raining. Drove home in what I can only term as an annoying mist, got in around 7:00 and collapsed in the Big Chair. Flipped channels for a couple of hours and crashed.

Sunday, started the vicious cycle of taking one dog out at a time, bringing them in and drying them off, and then repeat with the next dog. Not the best weekend to be dog-sitting Joonyer's pup, but him's a good boy. Went to check on Joonyer's house mid-afternoon since they left for Clemson Friday after work and went to Falcons-Panties game Sunday, all was well so rode to RH Mom's to check there. Again, no storm damage or issues, so off to grocery store. THERE WAS NO FREAKING BREAD OF ANY KIND AT THE GROCERY STORE. I'm not sure what Rock Hill's vast collection of mouth-breathing Neanderthal dolts is going to do with so much bread this week, but I bet a lot of it goes bad. Came home with groceries, completed the cycle of dog out-dry dog again, ate leftover Smokin' Pig, watched Fear The Walking Dead, crashed.

I'm going to give the weekend a 7/10 rating because the storm screwed me out of Cody Jinks on Sunday, and the rain yesterday was significant enough to keep me from the Bo-Stevens show at the Thirsty beaver yesterday afternoon. Screwing with my live music schedule was the worst part of the storm by far. THAT got zero coverage on the Weather Channel or CNN, by the way.

Oh yeah...

Sep 17, 2018, 9:07 AM

Fireball and his daughter stopped by to visit for a minute. The daughter that was supposed to be getting married in Charleston and instead postponed the ceremony and came to the game. I had to remind them of the 11th Commandment...Though shalt not marry during the season of the gridiron. I reminded them that this entire hurricane was probably their fault, as God will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt wed when Clemson is playing football.

yeah, next time bring more beer

Sep 17, 2018, 1:56 PM [ in reply to I survived. ]

signed the moochers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I need to just quit being Mr. Nice Guy and giving up the

Sep 17, 2018, 2:52 PM

parking pass. Riding in with RH Mom & RH Sis from Sis' condo limits my ability to bring the big cooler. I think Joonyer has used up all my parking pass goodwill for the season at this point.

Survived. Wet.

Sep 17, 2018, 9:19 AM

Got the cabin fever.

Two of my guitar heroes in town this weekend.

Sep 17, 2018, 9:42 AM

Friday night, Johnny F’in Marr (the Smiths, Talking Heads, Pretenders, Modest Mouse) was at the cannery ballroom. Love his playing style....no one else quite like him, and it’s only the second time he’d played in Nashville.

Saturday night, Peter Buck, the arpeggio master of REM fame was in town at the basement East playing with his new group Arthur Buck. This guy pretty much helped write the soundtrack of my formative years.

What a great opportunity to see both of them in the same weekend...this type of stuff never happens!

Except I didn’t see them due to family obligations. 6/10

I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Sep 17, 2018, 9:58 AM

I missed the Grateful Dead in Egypt, Woodstock, Johnny Cash at San Quentin, Buddy Holly at the Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake, Iowa. Not this weekend, but I still missed them.

How about B.B. King at the Regal?***

Sep 17, 2018, 10:21 AM

CRAP! That one too.

Sep 17, 2018, 11:47 AM

My weekend is now down to a 3/10.

Sep 17, 2018, 9:43 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mostly meh

Sep 17, 2018, 9:58 AM

Friday - Had off, finished last 1.5 episodes of Castle Rock while I finished my coffee...set up 2 new TV's gotten CHEEEAAP from WallyWorld, numerous trips to dump (both literally and well, literally). Met some neighbors for pizza & beer and one last evening @ the pool before it closed yesterday, stayed well past dusk.

Saturday - don't really remember the morning, watched Gameday a little...LilGUAR#2 DID have a soccer game @ 12:30, so listened to 1st half of game there on old ipod nano. I can only imagine we looked as bad as we sounded early on. Prior to leaving, we notice a warning light & alarm 'beep' coming from the freezer in the garage. High Temp. Sweet. Emptied out what we could into the freezer in the kitchen, and will deal with later.
Ran to store on way home to replenish the beer stock, because I'd already put a dent in what I'd gotten to 'ride out the storm' on thurs & fri. Watched FB rest of day.

Sunday, mostly NFL/ Fantasy Foosball stuff....cangfirmed that freezer still isn't doing it's one job. Fantasy Foosball...I was slightly favored in frands league, HEAVILY favored in family league, and slight underdog in SheGUAR's league that I effectively manage. Frands league, that 'slight' advantage turned into a heavy advantage going into the 4:00 games...and then OBJ #### the bed, Greg Zuerlein didn't even get IN the bed to #### it, and opponent had Stefon Diggs. Now I just need Alan Robinson to score within 3pts of Russel Wilson and Trey Burton combined. Fam league, #### went south real quick...my team didn't do horribly, but cuz's team (also w/ Stefon Diggs) just went apeshit. Whatever, cuz had his first baby late Saturday night, so he'd already lost, amirite? SheGUAR's league, the underdog dominated by a wide margin, gon' be 2-0 while 1-1 in other 2 leagues.

Monday - made it thru the 'storm' unscathed just to lose power @ 1am last night (had 10 minutes left of FTWD :( )...and JUST now got it back, according to FB and nest app, but not before getting up early and getting dairy & meats into coolers with reduced # of icepacks due to crapped out garage freezer. Someone had apparently hit a power pole down the street a bit, and I didn't have my morning coffee because of it. hope they deaded.

4/10, points for clemson win, pool-time, and 1 for each TV.

ehh, beer, bbq and ball but no bike, boat or booty

Sep 17, 2018, 10:03 AM

had to go all the way to God's country to get a taste of that beotch florence, cause she did nothing to slowvannah. this weekend was the first time in weeks it didn't rain here and i was in clemson.

went to the game with my brother, but sav82wife had to stay in savannah.

Got drunk as heckfire up in a suite...still dont know whar

Sep 17, 2018, 10:16 AM

I am...

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Sounds like the opening verse to a Toby Keith song.***

Sep 17, 2018, 10:36 AM

Kid free weekend...so spent it enjoying quietness

Sep 17, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Got drunk as heckfire up in a suite...still dont know whar ]

Saturday, listened to Don Munson's excellent broadcasting skills because I don't have access to ESPNU. Did some homework in the afternoon, then went to a local bar to watch Canelo-Golovkin 2. Outstanding fight. I personally scored it 115-113 Golovkin, but there were a lot of close rounds, so not too aggravated that Canelo won.

Sunday was spent in recovery, cause hangover. Enjoyed watching my Jags beat the shiite out of the Patriots. Was very happy I was not at that game however, cause September games in Jacksonville are worse than Clemson as far as death heat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fairly meh

Sep 17, 2018, 11:33 AM

Fri - hung around downtown for a little bit because they were having a "battle of the bands" fundraiser. Had a couple beers but the music was mostly meh and the weather was a little spotty so went home. Ended up meeting friends at the dump later for solo karaoke b/c wife was not feeling well.

Sat - wife was still not ready to get out of the house so braved the hurricane mist and headed down to the mellow mushroom for the game, some daydrinking, some pizza, and one fantastic ninja. Wife finally shows up so catch the end of the game with her and baby, then go to the place next door with some folks for the Aub-LSU game. By games end, was at the point of going out more and making a total mess of the night, or calling it quits and saving my liver. Opted for the latter. Ended up crashing on the couch for a couple hours before making my way to the bed.

Sun - Not much. Cleaned up the house a bit, watched Falcons/Panties, finally got out of the house mid-afternoon to do the wal-mart errands, and drove by a couple houses since we about to be in the market. Had wings and beer for supper while watching the cowboys/giants, and called it a night.

Now that I look back on it, totally meh - 5/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

pretty pretty pretty good

Sep 17, 2018, 2:08 PM

Little dog when swimming for the first time. It's chronicled on the internet. Went downtown Friday night and ate 100 tater tots and some wings at Backstreets. Got a beer at Nicks.

Walking into Death Valley right before the game started and the only person I see is RH Tig. He says come on by the tailgate at half time which I did and drank 4/5ths of his Schlitz. Saw the 3rd quarter then bailed the dogs out. Had a nice relaxing time at the tailgate with the dogs after the game. Finally was convinced to leave and we went and had crock pot Italian Beer with Italian sausage. Passed out sometime before midnight.

Got up and went back to GA to clean the pool. I am closing that darn thing tonight if possible because leaves are a pain the in the butt right now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnzW8ZjhORm/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Started out good but then...

Sep 17, 2018, 2:53 PM

Sat I was delighted to watch football all weekend to escape the news of Flo... hitting the NC coast. During the days previous to the game I prayed the storm wouldn't make it to Clemson. Then I was thankful that the storm was not going to topple trees around our neck of the woods here in G'ville.

Late Sun evening I realized NC got all the water which could have been distributed over South Carolina and I may have felt the guilt of not being circumspect enough to know that we should always get what we want.

So, if I had it to do over again I'd try and treat things like football a little less serious. I'm a real looser and I apologize for dragging a good thread down but it had to be said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's see...

Sep 17, 2018, 5:27 PM

Got my boot off my broken foot (after 6 weeks) YAY!!
-Worked 11 hrs at my part time job on Friday night...foot hurt like hell (thankful for pain meds)
-had to work 13 hrs at my full time job Saturday (yes, i missed a game and that will NOT happen again)
Slept until 11am Sunday...

Pretty good but tiring weekend.

Hope all of yall stayed safe!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson won and Maria answered my question. All good! ******

Sep 17, 2018, 5:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 10/10.......Tigers Won.......’Nuff Said

Sep 17, 2018, 6:33 PM

Really......’Nuff said.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

where Do I start?

Sep 17, 2018, 8:37 PM

Tuesday: mrs fluff gets scared of Florence, we pack up,and head to Columbia and arrive by 6, plenty of beer and labrascas pizza
Wednesday: zoo in the AM, Rockaways for lunch, maybe a nap on the couch, Bonefish grill for dinner, teach my much older bro in law how to not order ahead and have beers while waiting on to go food, my sister was mad that we did this two nights in a row, fun sponge
Thursday: drive to Atl Where the players play, find a mellow and do some work while sipping Tropicalia. Did some things and stuff and don’t recall what was for dinner
Friday: lots of naps and swimming and playing with kids. Host kids bday so cupcakes and such with extended in law family I don’t know while drinking all the local brews.
Saturday: drive home from ATL. TOOK 75 southbound through Macon, felt like an Allman brother. In bed at 8. Did listen to,Clemson game on the Statesboro broadcast while driving.
Sunday: chores, yard work, Target, grilled some chicken

Worked today and I think I snagged a cold at some point in fluff’s travels.

Stupid weather channel scaring errbody

Replies: 72
| visibility 914
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic