Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 84
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 23, 2018, 8:00 AM

Friday night, went to get some hibachi at Bento Boys then home for a lazy night of kung fu movies.

Saturday, took advantage of Sharkgirl working as Shoeless Brewing and did next to nothing.

Sunday, went up to the JSA trail at whatever county park that is up by the Cliffs. Got about 1/3 through the trail before the rain got us. Then a nice, damp ride home.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Jul 23, 2018, 8:03 AM

Took the boat out on Sattidy. Think the starter is shot. At least it decided to not crank while at my dock.

Sunday - Drove to Wilbur's Masion du Mer at IOP. Chilled.

6/10 - would be 10/10 if not for the starter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

It's a long way from, 'won't crank,' to 'starter is shot.'

Jul 23, 2018, 9:52 AM

Did the engine turn over?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Just a bunck of clicking.

Jul 23, 2018, 1:36 PM

We tried to jump it because we thought it was the battery (after putting milk in the freezer and checking the lint trap).

I'm not much of a mechanic, so my comment was just a guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 23, 2018, 8:05 AM

Binged Game of Thrones so that I can cancel my free trial of HBO before getting charged for it. Made it through season 4 so I'm on track to finish this week.

Went and ate Tacos and had some beers with an old buddy on Sattidy.

Cooked good food. Got some stuff done around the house. Listened to neighbor complain about my pinecones and grinned and bared it.

Didn't pee my pants.

7/10. Gonna quit drinking for a week or so so I can lose a few pounds and go out and hunt for strange for the first time since moving.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 8:06 AM

Friday - great dinner with family and then Netflix watching with the wife

Saturday - swim class for the oldest, then lunch and then onto Ann Arbor for the art fair and kids museum. Then my and a couple neighbors went to the horse track and bet on the races. Won $27.50. Paid for the beers.

Sunday - church and then onto the Tigers game. Rain delay, but my son did awesome and we stayed until the 7th inning. Overall, it was a great time with him.

7/10 - so much rain all weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 8:07 AM

Friday - suffered in misery with migraine and neck spasms.
Saturday - suffered in misery with migraine and neck spasms.
Sunday - suffered in misery with migraine and neck spasms.

Stupid tick.

1/10 Would not do again.

Jul 23, 2018, 8:11 AM

Went up to Rock Hill/Fort Mill/Charlotte. Did not like Fort Mill as much as I thought I would. Rock Hill was nice and think I found a potential future home location. Could be RH_Cid in 2019/2020. Went to ikea in the afternoon (mistake) place was a madhouse.

Jul 23, 2018, 8:13 AM

My wife wants to go there. Please burn it down so I don't have to.

The York Hunt wasn't that bad

Jul 23, 2018, 8:17 AM

FM blows donkey dick don't go there. RH is much better. Or clover so you can live next to greenr

Talking about Ikea***

Jul 23, 2018, 8:19 AM

Gawd help you.....

Jul 23, 2018, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

RH?

LOL, says the guy that grew up there.

Jul 23, 2018, 8:34 AM

You KNOW you still love us.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh YEAH!

Jul 23, 2018, 8:37 AM

;)

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!***

Jul 23, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sells boat, moves to RH.

Jul 23, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

Whats next?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HEY.

Jul 23, 2018, 10:12 AM

A lot of people are trying to get into the Junior Warlord Intern Program.

Rock Hill is a hidden gem for sure. What appealed to

Jul 23, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

you most? The abundance, variety, and availability of title loan providers? The broad cultural diversity, as witnessed by the numerous used car lots with "Habla Espanol" signs? The allure of the frog race at the Come See Me festival? The geographic proximity to Chester? The Velodrome? What let you know that Rock Hill was your next home town?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting tired of charleston

Jul 23, 2018, 11:13 AM

Don't want to buy another 1970's home for over $200/sf that needs a lot of work. Also don't want to live 45 minutes from work to be able to afford a house. Also there are parts of RH that are nicer than anywhere in the charleston area. The weather is also more bearable. RH has more recreational things to do. Don't have to worry about flooding or hurricanes. List goes on. Only thing I would be missing is the top tier quality restaurants but Charlotte is only a short ride up the road. Also I hate the beach so I won't be missing that.

I'll be 100% honest. "The abundance, variety, and availability of title loan providers? The broad cultural diversity, as witnessed by the numerous used car lots with "Habla Espanol" signs?".... What you described sounds more like 95% of the Charleston area than anything I saw in Rock Hill

Well of course you're getting tired of it, you sold your

Jul 23, 2018, 11:29 AM

boat. It's kind of like these people who buy lake houses and don't ever go down to the lake. Why pay the premium to live there?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well

Jul 23, 2018, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Getting tired of charleston ]

Re: Well

Jul 23, 2018, 2:53 PM

1-3 years away anyways. I'm also considering Greenville but that means I would need to find a new job

You forgot the fact that REAL cowboys are just down the road

Jul 23, 2018, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Rock Hill is a hidden gem for sure. What appealed to ]

at the Ed Brown Rodeo in Blacksburg unlike all those Urban Cowboy wannabes running around Nashville.

Well....once a year, the first weekend of August, anyway.

LOL....and they leave the sign up all year long.***

Jul 23, 2018, 11:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So they know exactly where to put the signs NEXT year.***

Jul 23, 2018, 11:28 AM

You know, if you really don't care where you live

Jul 23, 2018, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

Just move to New Jersey so you can make some money.

Loooong

Jul 23, 2018, 8:13 AM

Thursday - https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Where-ya-been-all-day-TOTE1-23742077

Friday - Pretty dang lazy. Watched some classes on Adobe Lightroom and messed around with some photos in the morning. Watched a little bit of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Cut it off early to go meet the gf for lunch....on Woodruff Rd...at Green Ridge. Traffic was fantastic har har har. Ran into Marshall's and picked up some new pillows. Headed home to begin doing women's work around the house, made a grocery list, went shopping, home to being the laundry and cut the grass. Kids came home so I cooked tortellini for dinner and watched the 1st Pirates of the Caribbean with sonof.

Saturday was a pretty lazy day all around. My parents picked up daughterof to take her swimming with cousins. I think it was so she could watch the kids while my parents laid around not watching the kids. I finished up laundry and headed over to a buddy's house for a low country boil. Ate like a fat UDP, going back for seconds and thirds. He just moved into his house about 3 mos ago. His back porch has a view that stretches from Paris Mtn to Hogback and even further east. Very impressive. Came home and slept like a rock.

Sunday - Much of the same, Laid around most of the day moving off the couch here and there to eat Got around to finishing Temple of Doom and then went to bed.

10/10 weekend

Lake. Cooked burgers and dogs on charcoal for the first

Jul 23, 2018, 8:19 AM

time in years. Wood be a pain in the #### to do one of my low and slow meats on charcoal, as I was reminded. Luckily burgers and dogs are easy and quick.

Hydro-slid. Appeased and entered the temporary (2-hours?) graces of my MIL by putting up new curtains over the sink. Me and the rest of the house said they should be an inch or two lower. They're flush on the ceiling as requested. All bunched up on the ceiling. lol

Drank 3 beers Friday night, Sat, and none Sunday.

Shot some leftover firecrackers found in a box from probably 1968 or so. Cherry bombs still werked amazingly bad, think they were fake. Bottle rockets were hit and miss.

Passed out after 3 beers watching 101 Dalmatians. Woke up and crashed on the air mattress. Saw 5 deer riding around on the mule.

SIL was left cleaning the house. Wife of left with our kids, BIL left with their kids. Went to mom's house and fixed her water for another week (flushed tanks added bleach and aluminum). Got a call SIL's minivan had a dead battery. Go back, jump off van. Later told van battery and alternator checked out. Should have tried to crank the thing first. Not so sure about her sometimes.

Son of found his new PC and is hooked. Found his Crazy Cart fixed also. He's happy now at least.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pigs of sis in law?***

Jul 23, 2018, 9:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

She's smoking hawt.

Jul 23, 2018, 1:48 PM

Oh, and NO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In God's country b/c mrs in DaboWorld clinic

Jul 23, 2018, 8:23 AM

with 2999 other loonies....drank too much while watching the BRITISH Open, rainfall in evening at the shore of lake Keowee is very nice! Dang ESSO draft spigots did not work Sat afternoon and to add to the pain, they were outa cold glasses!!! Somebody gotta fx the carp before FB season!
8/10......

ha draft was NOT working at Amici either

Jul 23, 2018, 9:19 AM

sounds like a conspiracy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somehow I forgot to type in about going to the

Jul 23, 2018, 8:38 AM

Unknown Hinson show.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hanson?

Jul 23, 2018, 8:46 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHozn0YXAeE

No, you idiot.

Jul 23, 2018, 8:54 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9cycLTJQQE

You're the dwight shrute of the jounge***

Jul 23, 2018, 8:57 AM

I can only dream of having a beet farm.***

Jul 23, 2018, 8:59 AM

Just keep calling people idiots

Jul 23, 2018, 9:02 AM

that seems to be satisfying for you

I shall do just that so long as folks insist on

Jul 23, 2018, 9:13 AM

portraying themselves as such.

Pretty Good, thanks

Jul 23, 2018, 8:54 AM

Friday afternoon - Met with divorce lawyer to go over what I wanted to do. Discussed with Ex-of afterwards and we are generally in agreement on everything, so that's good.

Friday evening/night - went for an 8 mile run on the swamp rabbit trail. Good run, even though I did the last 1/2 mile in the dark.

Saturday - Got my boys from ex-of, as she was going to the Ladies Clinic we got her for Mother's day. Took the boys bowling with a friend and his son, went to Cook Out for milkshakes after. Tried a watermelon one and it was surprisingly good. Ex-of wanted to go to dinner with some friends from college that were also at the clinic so the kids stayed with me. Oldest (our special needs son) peed on me when I went to change his diaper before bed.

Sunday - Took kids to church, then back to their mom. Did chores, and went and helped a friend move some furniture. Went back home and did more chores until I got my son back for the week. Threw the baseball with him and ate supper.

9/10 (-1 for running and getting peed on)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you didn't die on the trail after dark OR

Jul 23, 2018, 8:56 AM

witness any body disposals.

I like that trail but just too much traffic.

I usually ADD a point for a good run or getting peed on.***

Jul 23, 2018, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Pretty Good, thanks ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Average

Jul 23, 2018, 8:58 AM

It was supposed to be great.

Friday: I was supposed to go down to Charlotte for the weekend. Boss puts something on my desk at 4:40pm and tells me to have it done by the time I leave. This task takes about 7-8 hours to complete. Finished it at 11:30pm.

Saturday: Get up early and head west on 40 and south on 85. Surprise my parents with breakfast in Greensboro because I am a good son. Spend about two hours with them.

Hit the road to Charlotte. We have lunch and beers at Heist Brewing. Good beers, good food. Go over to NoDa and drink more before going to Hooligans to watch the Atlanta United match. I drank too much at the first couple places so I took it light. Had dinner at Seoul food. Never disappoints. Had barbecue, wings and spring rolls. Their wings are tasty AF. The hottest ones aren't that hot, but theyre delicious. Get back to my buddies house and I kinda pass out for the night.

Sunday: Up for soccer. Head to Sycamore for beers and food truck. Had some goat cheese brisket nachos from Tin Kitchen and then walked to Wooden Robot. Had another beer and some beer cheese pretzles before the match.

First half of the match between BVB and Livahpool was boring. Snooze fest. One shot for each team and Liverpool had scored. So I fired up the twitter machine and tore into both teams and the ICC. Did they respond big time. Pulisic won a penalty and converted from the spot and then scored the game winner right at the death. PHEW did freedom intensify. My boner was raging at FULL mast with an American Flag at the end.

Drove back home. Nothing but traffic and heavy rain the entire way home.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Looked like a bad crowd there. The ticket prices are high

Jul 23, 2018, 9:03 AM

for those matches. Are there any secondary market ones for sale outside the stadium?

It was the least attended of the three matches I've went to

Jul 23, 2018, 9:08 AM

I think the novelty of it is wearing off. They keep bringing in high caliber teams and play the third string guys the majority of the game. People are catching on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's been Liverpool at least the last two years, right?

Jul 23, 2018, 9:14 AM

They have a decent following in Charlotte. Would be nice to see someone else.

I think Roma and PSG may have participated at times as well. I wanted to see Pulisic, but we were too busy this weekend.

Past few years

Jul 23, 2018, 9:43 AM

Liverpool - AC Milan in 2014
Chelsea - PSG in 2015
Bayern -Inter Milan in 2016
Liverpool - BVB in 2018

Chelsea were by far the biggest crowd. I think only United could probably pull more fans than that game had.

Pretty good brewery tour you did though.

Jul 23, 2018, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Average ]

next time down check out Free Range Brewing. Their line up isn't huge, but they do have a couple of outstanding brews. The Cream Ale is freaking fantastic.

From Facebook, it looks like I would have known about 20,000 of the 55,000 in attendance yesterday. Joonyer and his crew went.

Will hit that next time

Jul 23, 2018, 9:08 AM

Always enjoy Charlottes beer.

One of the few areas of culture that Charlotte excels in.

Jul 23, 2018, 9:16 AM

Sadly.

Agreed

Jul 23, 2018, 9:41 AM

Im not a fan of the city, personally, but cannot deny their beer.

Least. Exciting. Weekend. EVER.

Jul 23, 2018, 9:02 AM

Friday, got off work, went home and threw on some shorts then the pup and I went to RH Mom's and hung out until about 9 pm since RH Sis was at Clemson for Ladies Clinic. Talked Clemson football and watched Live PD for about 3 hours then went home and made a frozen mini deep dish pizza and drank a couple of beers.

Saturday, chores inside and out, rode to RH Mom's and chores there, back to the house and finished up chores and then cleaned up and took Mrs, RH Mom, and Mom-In-Law out to dinner at Five & Dine downtown RH. Got chicken & waffles and it was fantastic. All 3 little old ladies said theirs was so-so, which is about what I expected with that crew. Back home and drank several beers and watched as much music as I could squeeze in from YouTube (YouTube app on TV....YES!) until I couldn't stay away any longer.

Sunday, slept in. Got up and took pup on a short jaunt, drank coffee, ate leftover chicken & waffles, then cleaned up and headed over to check on RH Mom. From there, rode to Total Wine and picked up 3 12 packs of Schlitz and ordered 5 more cases for pick up when it comes in. THE SCHLITZ SHORTAGE IS DIRE, PEOPLE. Then to the grocery store, back to RH Mom's to check on her for a couple of hours, then back home to eat. Ended up the night with the latest episode of Preacher, then off to bed.

Not an exciting weekend, but not stressful either. I'm gonna give it a solid 'C+' because no live music or jam session. 7/10...didn't mind it, but didn't make memories either.

can't you just go to the grocery store

Jul 23, 2018, 9:17 AM

and pick up some Schlitz? They may have it at my store. Send me some money and I will ship it to you.

The distributor here has stopped carrying it.

Jul 23, 2018, 9:54 AM

The distributor in Charlotte still does.

Jul 23, 2018, 9:05 AM

Wife worked all weekend, so it was just me and the kids.

Didn't get to fish.

Drank some.

Swam in the pool some.

Watched Snowden, The Zookeeper, Ghost Busters II, some Dukes of Hazzard episodes.

Sister was in town from Italy, so we hung out some.

Ate at Mellow Mushroom... no MauldinT sightings.

Pinched a nerve in my back, which sucks big time.

Did laundry/cleaned/bitchwork.

Cut half of the yard before a broken drive belt side-lined me.

4/10. It sucked.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Sounds perfect!

Jul 23, 2018, 9:12 AM

The fact that your sister from Italy got to go to Mellow Mushroom for authentic Italian cuisine, I mean.

pigs of sis?***

Jul 23, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

Re: pigs of sis?***

Jul 23, 2018, 9:47 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

pigs of wet sharkgirl?

Jul 23, 2018, 9:13 AM

nice

Got to Clemson on Friday, saw the sunset on the d i k e while walking the older dog. Went to Amici afterwards and got some delicious food.

Got up Saturday and walked older dog again. Took both pups to see the parents and have lunch. My mom put the little pup on her lap which is out of the ordinary. Had a great time. Got back to Clemson and started drinking beers. Cooked a couple burgers in the cast iron and made some crispy home fries in the oven. Crashed.

Got up Sunday and walked the big dog again around the lake and on campus. Some f'in idiot lets their dog(s) crap on the crew docks and they leave it there. One day the docks will be off limit to dogs because of these stupid people. We got the pewp dock for jumping and there were 3 separate black labs using the other docks. It was a dog jump fest. Deal won of course.

Some observations walking around campus and town:

1. Soccer camp was in full swing. Fields behind baseball field were really busy.
2. Tennis courts are shaping up. The building for the indoor courts is going parallel to the road and is really big. They left the outdoor courts intact near the stands.
3. Knickerbockers is being cleaned out and worked on and there is a dumpster out front.
4. Used to be Wingin It/Sauced restaurant near Loose Change is closed for good. They have paper in the windows.
5. Dude was muddin the ceiling near the entrance of Tiger Sports Shop.
6. Brioso building is for lease. If Brioso isn't already closed, it will be real soon.
7. Kieth St. Cafe is not ItsUrWeiner restaurant. Not a ghey club butt a restaurant, need to check it out, http://itsurwiener.com/

Went back to GA and cleaned out the pool and hung out a little. Went to Zaxbys and the mf'ers ripped me off again and didn't give me enough Zax sauces. I am about over with those morans.

9/10 because of storms and didn't get enough walks

It's not over....

Jul 23, 2018, 9:21 AM

Friday got the new file cabinet. Put in home office. Started moving files from two drawer to Four door caninets. Made instant pot chickens and rice with fresh string beans for dinner.

Saturday had girls over. Went to Shealys for lunch. Took nice nap while girls went shopping. When girls got back six year old have me a makeover. I looked Beyonce hawt. Lots of glitter on eyes. Ricky Horror Picture Show. Made girls mango pineapple smoothies from scratch with Nutribullet.

Sunday made what I thought was Instant Pot pot roast with carrots. Turned out to be cube steak. Rice with beef gravy and fresh veggies. Watched The Open. Then watched soccer. Made Instant Pot steamed chicken ##### skinless boneless from frozen with rice and chicken gravy and finished fresh green beans. Did extra breasts for chicken salad.

Monday morning cut grass in yard with Deere. Now resting. And posting on Tnet. Good weekend. Wood do again. 9/10.

-1/10

Jul 23, 2018, 9:49 AM

I'm spent three days dealing with a stomach bug, I think. I really don't know exactly but it mimics a stomach bug. State of matter has become nothing more than a guess. I can't tell if it's going to be a fart, squirt or rock when I feel the need to go. I'm always cold and hot at the same time and my attitude is for chit.

Thurs and Friday I worked a few hours and got about 30 mins worth of work done. Sat and Sun I worked half about that long and fixed what I screwed up Thurs and Friday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 9:53 AM

Friday Night - Bottle Logic Absolute Unit Pickup/ Brewery Shenanigans.

Saturday night - Brad Paisley @ Honda Center. Kane Brown was an opener and is a no talent ### clown that butchered Khalid's Location so badly he owes an apology. On the upside, Brad paisley only played for 90 minutes, which was about 87 minutes too long for me to be pandered to. Jesus ####### Christ stadium country is horrible.
That said, I did learn what cultural appropriation feels like as the only person from the south in a 20k seat venue, seeing all the people trying to dress and act southern was mildly hilarious, and I think the thing that pisses me off more than anything is inauthenticity of it all.

Sunday - Bruery Terreux and Bottle Logic Day Drinking trying to forget saturday.

Brad Paisley and Kane Brown?

Jul 23, 2018, 9:57 AM

I'm assuming it was a felony charge since the sentence was so harsh.

Why did you go see Brad Paisley?

Jul 23, 2018, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

You had to know what you were getting into

If I had gone willingly, it would have been a different story

Jul 23, 2018, 11:47 AM

People trying to act southern don't bother me.

Jul 23, 2018, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

What bothered me was when Hollywood did Hatfield and McCoy and instead of casting or finding people with southern dialects they altered the acceptable accents to reflect proper grammar and articulation. I lost a ton of respect for all the actors in that movie who wouldn't do a little work to learn to articulate like the real Hatfields and McCoys.

I spent the first six years of my life with a woman born in the late 1800s, my mother's mother's mother. She lived it and any time anyone wants to witness the speech and articulation of southern mountain people they can talk to me. The only sophisticated words and language structures we used way back when were from the King James version of the Bible which were often heard only in church because many couldn't read.

fine

Jul 23, 2018, 10:23 AM

Friday night: crashed early I think
Sat: Built a deer feeder, played with kiddos, few beers that night
Sun: Put said feeder in the woods... all steel. There's gonna be some pissed off tree rats and trash pandas. After the woods, went to the zoo with the kids. They were right at home with the rest of the "wild" animals. Had a couple beers last night. Forgot about the race and thought I might have forgot to pick. Well, I checked the results then checked the jounge....and guess what? WINNERWINNERCHICKENDINNER!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

medium rare***

Jul 23, 2018, 10:39 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Purty good coupla days in God's Country.

Jul 23, 2018, 10:40 AM

Friday: Got in around 1, went to Littlejohn to check in, set up tables, wander around. They moved the event from the IPF to Littlejohn this year, and increased the number of tickets/attendees from 1,200, where it's been for years, to 3,000. Nobody really knows what to expect.

Nametags at checkin:

Went to Esso for late meat n' 3 lunch. Got the Cajun fried chicken, mac n cheese, broccoli casserole, and sweet potato casserole. The chicken had been sitting around for a bit, so not as good as when it comes fresh out of the fryer and you burn your mouth on every steaming bite, but still quite edible.

Also, candid pic of pops at the bar made me realize that the 2019 #1 overall draft pick was casually sitting across the bar chatting up some wimmens and drinking water.

Blue Heron for dinner. There was a table of 4 women at the bar downstairs sitting about 5' from us, and they were so goddamned loud that EVERYBODY around us was annoyed. Dad was about to get up to say something, but we convinced him that 1) it wouldn't help, and 2) it would just make the rest of dinner suck because awkward. They left before we got our food, and it was amazing how much quieter it was in that little echo chamber. That same shit happened at EVO in Park Circle a few months ago and ruined a perfectly good date night, with 6 cackling drunk 38 year olds cussing in front of kids and being obnoxious. This isn't just me being a grouchy old man. This is a real thing.

Saturday: get there at about 7am (Dad and his friend got there at 6:30); doors open and chaos ensues. All 3,000 women were crammed into the LJ concourse, shoulder to shoulder. People couldn't move for a good hour or more. Some of the assistants were posted up across from our table for pics/autographs. I chuckled at the YUGE line for Venables and Streeter mostly sitting at his table twiddling his thumbs.

Here's what the men's room looks like at the Ladies' Clinic event; no complaints:

Seems like they had presentations and event stuff happening on the LJ floor all day, so not sure if they ever took the women to DV, weightroom, or football complex like they did in the past. Dabo brought all of the cancer survivors down to the floor at one point--pretty remarkable how many people are affected out of the crowd of 3K.

Left around 3 with my college buddy who we stayed with, and we hopped on his boat to cruise around Hartwell for a minute. Beautiful day out, unlike last July when it was scorching hot with no breeze. Passed a pontoon with a few guys fishing by his cove/bridge, quick wave...my buddy realized a few seconds after passing them that the third fella sitting down on the back on the pontoon was Trevor Lawrence. We decided that Clemson couldn't get them a way better boat because it would have been too obvious, but he was out and about with his dad and brother.

Calhoun Corners for dinner, where Dad had his traditional Lake Hartwell salmon, pretty dang good meal for Clemson, SC. Went out with fran and hit TDs, TTT, Backstreets, and Study Hall. TTT actually had a decent crowd. I drank lots and lots of cheap college town liquor.

Sunday: left at 9 or so, fought a billion as##### left lane drivers, home by 12:30ish. Spent next 12 hours on couch with occasional pottybreaks.

The End.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why were you and your dad

Jul 23, 2018, 10:48 AM

at the women's clinic?

to pick up bitche$***

Jul 23, 2018, 10:55 AM

Vendors--he sells all the stuff he makes from the

Jul 23, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to why were you and your dad ]

Memorial Stadium white oak tree. This kind of stuff:

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gad Damm that Danny Ford oak tree sculpture looks real!***

Jul 23, 2018, 10:56 AM

Pops is a stickler for detail. It took him several months

Jul 23, 2018, 10:58 AM

to complete his Danny Ford white oak statue.

I bet he made a killin

Jul 23, 2018, 11:21 AM

did he make a killin? Ladies like to spend

He did quite well. Beat the last couple of years pretty

Jul 23, 2018, 11:23 AM

handily. Wimmens love some Crimmas ornaments and bottle openers.

Pfffft.

Jul 23, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Vendors--he sells all the stuff he makes from the ]

If the Danny Ford sculpture was authentic, it would be made of hemp instead of white oak.

The important parts are hemp. Saw your sis on Saturday too.***

Jul 23, 2018, 11:46 AM

She's still there so I haven't talked to her.

Jul 23, 2018, 12:11 PM

Enjoying her new condo on the lake, she is. I have a feeling she and Mom will pretty much live down there during football season.

Jul 23, 2018, 10:44 AM

Friday: off and took Myfavjr. bowling and then shopping for birthday present for party Sat. Threw football before reading and going to bed.

Saturday: made breakfast for mom and son. threw football before more bday present shopping. Went to swimming party. Helped cook and serve a bunch of 5-7 year olds and cleaned up after. Went home and watched Karate Kid with son. He's now a karate expert. :)

Sunday: Church and took son to meet the mother. Came home and went to pond to work on land. Came home and ate sardines and crackers. Washed down with Natural Light.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not real great

Jul 23, 2018, 11:28 AM

Had to drive to the other side of the state for a (dry) wedding. Took us over 4 hours to get there because Columbia and another 4 to get back yesterday because Columbia. Specifically the I-26/20 interchange. Whoever designed that should be shot. Nobody on the road knew what they were doing. Saw multiple near missed because people are idiots and can't merge correctly. Saw one family almost get annihilated by a semi truck as they slammed on brakes in what I assume was an attempt to let someone merge. The incompetence was frightening.

Other highlights included the preacher at the wedding emphatically say that they still believe marriage is strictly between a man and a woman as he stood right next to the flamboyantly gay wedding singer, who had just gotten finished with a pretty good song, and was also the brides nephew. Also the long prayers, which directly talked in depth about how they are forever joined, divorce is a sin, etc. when this was the third wedding for both bride and groom.

All in all 2/10 yelp stars because I spent 8 hours of my weekend on the interstate/in traffic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Third?!?! Holy ####***

Jul 23, 2018, 1:51 PM

Jul 23, 2018, 11:42 AM

Fri - Unfortunately worked a little bit. Sucked. Hung out at the taproom and then sang some karaoke.

Sat - Drove mom to beach. Ate delicious food at Hamburger Joe's. Recommend the wings in Joe's Gold sauce (half Cattleman's carolina gold and half Frank's red hot sauce). Stayed up WAY too late drinking beer and laughing at my two uncles getting hammered.

Sun - Hit the beach with wife and baby. Drove back to Aiken tired and hit the bed. Ready to go back to the beach for a week this Friday.

Not too bad. 8/10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Oh yeah, one other thing. Kisner shat the bed.

Jul 23, 2018, 11:59 AM

Dude is not what you would call a finisher, but a great week for him nonetheless. But -1 point for +4 40 on the front nine yesterday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Jul 23, 2018, 12:25 PM

Friday: Nuff said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA3Royf9_zM

Saturday: See Friday

Sunday: Not a ####### thing done other than fishing and drinking.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 84
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic