Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lunge, wish me luck, this morning sucks.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Lunge, wish me luck, this morning sucks.

Oct 8, 2020, 8:24 AM

I'm back in Greenville, Dad's back in the hospital with a complication from surgery (collapsed lung---he will be ok), and I'm about to have one of the hardest conversations of my life.

This health event with my Dad has finally clued my mom in on the fact that my 94 year old grandparents just can't live by themselves in their house of 65 years anymore. Normal situation, right? Well, it's expedited because my Mom has handled it so poorly. They're being moved next week, they have no idea it's coming, and guess who gets to tell my grandfather over breakfast in about 45 minutes....

Mom couldn't have handled this any worse, so I just hope I'm able to convey that this is a good thing for them, and somehow not inherit any distrust or hard feelings with the man who is pretty much my best friend in the world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude. I flew to Greenville for

Oct 8, 2020, 8:28 AM

3 years to watch the process. I am 100% with you bro. I know how hard it is and the long days and uncertainty.

Love on him. Tell him that. Every minute you can.

You are a good dude. Just cherish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lunge, wish me luck, this morning sucks.

Oct 8, 2020, 8:33 AM

Buena fortuna hombre

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck man.

Oct 8, 2020, 8:36 AM

These situations are tough. Just be confident that you are doing it out of love.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck man.

These situations are tough. Just be confident that you are doing it out of love.

Good luck man.

Good luck. That is a very tough situation

Oct 8, 2020, 8:37 AM

went through kind of the same thing not too long ago with my wife's grandfather. Tried to frame it as he would have new people to talk to and wouldn't be so lonely anymore. He didn't believe us until he got there and actually started interacting with the people there.

Then COVID hit.

Good luck man. It's tough making those hard, but right, decisions for people who you have looked up to your whole life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Good luck, man. That is going to be a tough conversation

Oct 8, 2020, 8:38 AM

but maybe it goes better than you think.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been there. There is no graceful way to handle that.

Oct 8, 2020, 8:40 AM

I mean you can be graceful, but they will not handle it well. Just know it will probably get ugly, and don't take it personally. Good luck though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geez...good luck man...that sounds very...

Oct 8, 2020, 9:04 AM

difficult.

Re: Lunge, wish me luck, this morning sucks.

Oct 8, 2020, 9:06 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come to the pallet deck. I'll have a B&T waiting on you***

Oct 8, 2020, 9:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Breastmilk & Tobasco? This ain't MauldinT***

Oct 8, 2020, 9:15 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Need a shot, I'll even let you shoot the good stuff.***

Oct 8, 2020, 9:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've heard that STD's run rampant in assisted living

Oct 8, 2020, 9:24 AM

communities, because of all the smashing these people do.

You can use that to help sell the move.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feels

Oct 8, 2020, 9:58 AM

man I miss my grandfather. Best man I ever knew. He rode it out until his mid 90s also. Enjoy every moment you get with him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got this...

Oct 8, 2020, 10:12 AM

If they go to the right place, they might just like it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to do, got to keep showing them the love

Oct 8, 2020, 12:10 PM

I went to NY, flew my aunt down here and after a week we told her she was not going back.

Saved her life and probably gave her another good 10 years before she had to go to assisted living, but this type of stuff is hard as ####. Good luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope this goes well. Best of luck.***

Oct 8, 2020, 2:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic