Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We should hire
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

We should hire

Apr 3, 2019, 10:34 AM

Texas tech’s HC Chris Beard I think his name is. I mean TT has no basketball tradition really, yea they had Knight HC there but in his ending years and never really did much there. If he can get kids to come play basketball in Lubic Texas, he can get them to come play here. I mean if it’s possible idk his pay or anything, id like to think we pay our HC better but I could be mistaken. He would be a great hire here if possible. Not going to happen but it be awesome to see happen, I think he can get us to the tourney and forward. Just a though like I said don’t know how he’s paid now and if we could even afford him with giving brownell a pay raise and extension last year. Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Dabo is taking any applications at this time.

Apr 3, 2019, 10:36 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I think OP is suggesting we replace Dabo with someone

Apr 3, 2019, 10:42 AM

named Chris Bread?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That doesn't sound like a good idea

Apr 3, 2019, 10:44 AM

at all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

For once, I agree with you***

Jun 15, 2021, 8:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I’m going to disagree with co/94 on principle.***

Apr 3, 2019, 11:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I think OP is suggesting we replace Dabo with someone

Apr 3, 2019, 10:48 AM [ in reply to I think OP is suggesting we replace Dabo with someone ]

Chris beard sorry auto correct but obviously put the school he was at, Texas Tech so you know what I meant. You know the coach that is currently getting his players ready for the Final Four.

He coaches football too?***

Apr 3, 2019, 10:50 AM

It looks like TT is going to be in the playoffs this year.

Apr 3, 2019, 10:52 AM

Sounds like a lock.

Re: He coaches football too?***

Apr 3, 2019, 10:54 AM [ in reply to He coaches football too?*** ]

What’s your problem like seriously there are basketball post all over the place on here, why even bother replying if your not goin to comment on the actual post.

You want a serious response? Ok...

Apr 3, 2019, 11:02 AM

There's no way he would leave TTU with the success he has had to come to Clemson. He is already coaching in a P5 school. His salary is higher than CBB's. He went to school at Texas and Abilene Christian. His record as a HC at TTU is 75-30 and he's going to the Final Four.

To suggest he would come to Clemson seems ridiculous to me. What possible reason can you come up with to suggest it's even somewhat potentially a slight possibility that it could happen?

Also *you're

Re: You want a serious response? Ok...

Apr 3, 2019, 11:12 AM

I said it would be great to hire him. Also said I don’t know his pay, so if he gets paid more than yea he won’t come. The P5 to P5 happens all the time Buzz just left VT for AM. So that’s not a crazy idea. I posted to get feed back on what people think about it. Like your last comment you said he’s from Texas and gets paid more. That’s what I was looking for a discussion.

Good luck getting a decent discussion out of those idiots.***

Apr 3, 2019, 11:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

strike two

Apr 3, 2019, 11:15 AM

I don't understand why people are hung up on Buzz going to

Apr 3, 2019, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: You want a serious response? Ok... ]

TAMU. He's from Texas. He has a degree from a TAMU school. He's been an assistant at TAMU in the past. He got an offer to go home to coach. If Dabo left Clemson today to be the next head coach at Alabama, it wouldn't be because Alabama was a better program, it's because he wanted to go home to coach.

Chris Beard was apparently born in Georgia and has some coaching ties to the southeast. But his college, graduate and a majority of his coaching days have been in Texas.

Yes, I agree it would be great to hire him, but we have a coach in place now and even if we didn't we wouldn't have a chance.

I agree.

Apr 3, 2019, 11:07 AM

At this point it’s starting to look like Drad’s hiring of CDS was just luck. Identifying and securing another young up and coming coach would would cement Drad as Clemson’s all time best AD.

He needs to get this right.

Drad? Or Terry Don Phillips?

Apr 3, 2019, 1:25 PM

He wouldn’t come to Clemson

Apr 3, 2019, 11:17 AM

Texas Tech has a better basketball tradition than Clemson, plus he’s built something at Texas Tech i don’t know why he’d give that up to coach at a place that’s tough to win at.

Re: He wouldn’t come to Clemson

Apr 3, 2019, 11:57 AM

People from Lubbock refer to Lubbock as “God’s Country”. People that are not from Lubbock think people that are from Lubbock are joking........but they’re not. If you want to meet real Texans, you go to Lubbock or Midland or Amarillo, because the people that are there are from there. Dallas & Houston are like most major cities, people moved there for jobs, they’re not from there.
I like the folks in Lubbock, but that landscape will make you want to off yourself.

This picture is taken from the top and back of the east stands of the TT football stadium. That first big building (that appears to be under construction) is the Overton Hotel. It’s the nicest hotel in Lubbock. Nothing amazing, but a nice hotel. The most important thing to note in this picture is the slight reddish/brown tint of the horizon, in the background. That’s not a storm coming in. That’s a 10,000 ft wall of dirt being carried in by the wind. 30-40 kt winds are a regular occurrence out there and they always bring that wall of dirt. Locals can call Lubbock whatever they like, but non-locals have different names for Lubbock......and most non-locals are more than happy to be leaving Lubbock.

https://goo.gl/images/kxrKc8

Re: He wouldn’t come to Clemson

Apr 3, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to He wouldn’t come to Clemson ]

Sad but true. He would have to take a serious cut to come to Littlejohn. Clemson would be 12 out of 13 in BXII basketball spending. (Haha OK State)

Plus with Shaka being at UT, the state is kinda soft for instate BB recruiting. Buzz at A&M will make the most impact, but other than fending off KU or OU, it isnt a bad place to be right now.

Re: We should hire

Apr 3, 2019, 12:05 PM

I believe the latest recommendation for our head coach is the current head coach at D2 Northwest Missouri State. Seems like a good fit since many say we are currently playing at the D2 level.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should hire

Apr 3, 2019, 12:58 PM

I DOUBT HE IS GOING TO TAKE A CUT IN PAY TO TAKE OGELSBYS JOB SINCE THAT IS THE ONLY OPENING WE HAVE. JUST A GUESS THOUGH. SMFH.

User Logo
HunterC lemsonTigers
CU Guru [1074]
TigerPulse: 98%
We should hire
Posted: Apr 3, 2019 10:34 AM

Texas tech’s HC Chris Beard I think his name is. I mean TT has no basketball tradition really, yea they had Knight HC there but in his ending years and never really did much there. If he can get kids to come play basketball in Lubic Texas, he can get them to come play here. I mean if it’s possible idk his pay or anything, id like to think we pay our HC better but I could be mistaken. He would be a great hire here if possible. Not going to happen but it be awesome to see happen, I think he can get us to the tourney and forward. Just a though like I said don’t know how he’s paid now and if we could even afford him with giving brownell a pay raise and extension last year. Go Tigers!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic