Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm a single father and I need help.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

I'm a single father and I need help.

Aug 15, 2018, 4:11 PM

I had another screen name on here but I can't log in for some reason. I could really use some help from the Clemson family. I'm having some major hardships right now going through a divorce and having sole custody of my daughter. If you don't mind checking out my go fund me page and atleast reading my story and maybe sharing it I would be forever grateful. Thank you so much.

https://www.gofundme.com/5zbkm7-single-father-needs-help&rcid=r01-153436360056-8e26861416354519&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_m

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went to your site - really feel for you and what you're...

Aug 15, 2018, 4:35 PM

having to deal with. It takes a real man to raise a child by himself - that says a lot about you and who you are!

Hang in there!

Re: I went to your site - really feel for you and what you're...

Aug 15, 2018, 4:46 PM

Thank you so much. I greatly appreciate it. I'm doing my best to give my daughter the best life I can but i'll admit it's hard. I thought working in the prison system for the last 12 years would be the hardest job I ever had, boy was I wrong lol. But honestly I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world. I got a little girl that loves me and I know she's safe at night in her bed in our home. Thanks again

Good luck...

Aug 15, 2018, 4:53 PM

remember--child support runs both ways. Make sure provisions for your ex's financial contributions are clearly spelled out by the courts...I know its a horrible situation holding someone's feet to the fire that you once cared for (and may still)---just remember who its for. And your little daughter's a cutie too!

There are all sorts of avenues for help available. Don't disregard any of them. Your daughter's too important

Hope and know things will work out for the best for you both.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good luck...

Aug 15, 2018, 5:08 PM

That's what we're trying to do but unfortunately we can't find her momma to serve her the paperwork to get all this stuff done. And thank you so much. I greatly greatly appreciate it

Re: I'm a single father and I need help.

Aug 15, 2018, 5:14 PM

Sorry you are having such a tough time. Raising a child is important work. As soon as you can get your daughter into the public school system at least some of your daycare expenses will go down. Your daughter will not remember birthday and Christmas gifts but she Will remember that you were there.

Aug 15, 2018, 5:20 PM

Thank you, that's what everyone keeps telling me and I have to keep telling myself lol

Aug 15, 2018, 5:17 PM

Here's a pic of us getting ready to watch the Bama game. She bleeds orange just like her daddy lol

Aug 15, 2018, 7:10 PM

Best of luck and may God Bless you and your daughter. I hope you financial situation improves. Will keep you in your daughter in my prayers. She is a cute little girl. Reminds me of my daughter at that age.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 7:38 PM

Good luck brother , fight the good fight !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

My girls were 3 and 5 when I got custody

Aug 15, 2018, 7:52 PM

after 2 years divorce was final and I was a financial and emotional wreck. It was difficult, but I wouldn't change it for anything. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun raising them. I had my own business and it really suffered, but it paid the bills and I took off every afternoon to pick them up from school. I sometimes took them back to work, but tried not to.

They are 22 and 24 and look to be far more successful in life than I ever was. We are extremely close today as we always were except for a couple of the teen years.

Good luck. Worry about your child and chip away at the debt and don't worry about your ex or right or wrong...none of that matters

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Sun Will Come Up Tomorrow, New Hope Abounds***

Aug 15, 2018, 7:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 8:31 PM

Prayers for y’all. Hope you reach your goal soon.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 8:46 PM

Keep up the good fight and trust in the Lord. Prayers for you and that precious little girl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 9:13 PM

God bless you and your daughter. You are both in my prayers. I have two daughters, myself. It's a long road that passes in the blink of an eye, and it's love that makes the difference....

Aug 16, 2018, 6:56 AM

Hey start everyday with a hug and a smile. There will be tears but you will never regret being with your daughter. It's special. I know been there dunnit Good luck

Sorry for what you're going through.....

Aug 16, 2018, 5:34 AM

There's always light at the end of a dark tunnel...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As far as your old screen name...

Aug 16, 2018, 5:36 AM

Maybe t-mail crump or B-meist they could give you info on how get your old screen name...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As far as your old screen name...

Aug 16, 2018, 8:36 AM

Don’t be ashamed to look into organizations in your town that will help with rent and utilities! You can even go to a food bank at many churches. Help is out there so don’t be afraid to seek it out. As a mother, I can’t imagine leaving my babies. Best of luck to you and I’ll be praying for you both! Go Tigers!

visited your site, looks like you are almost there!***

Aug 16, 2018, 9:15 AM

Which one of you knuckleheads donated as Ron Morris ?

Aug 16, 2018, 9:24 AM

made me laugh out loud.

Lots of prayers & love sent your way, Bobby.

Hang in there.

I have 2 daughters - the oldest starts at Clemson next week . . .

Somebody told me recently - it seems like a single day lasts forever, at times seems like a day will never end . . . . but the years - the years fly by at the blink of an eye.

There has never been a more accurate statement regarding kids & parenting as I look back.

Keep fighting & showing your daughter what love looks like.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Which one of you knuckleheads donated as Ron Morris ?

Aug 16, 2018, 10:36 AM

Uh cause that’s my name.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE Ron Morris ?***

Aug 16, 2018, 3:33 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I feel for you man.

Aug 16, 2018, 9:26 AM

I am also a single father of 3 young children which I just got full custody of in the divorce. That being said I can’t help fund but I can share on social media.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you bro

Aug 16, 2018, 9:49 AM

I went through a similar situation about a dozen
years ago when my son was about 10. I got custody
and we're still together. Your child motivates you
to do everything you can to provide for them and take
care of them. I hope and pray that you will be able
to continue to take care of your awesome baby girl.
Keep fighting the good fight and you'll be able to
look back later and see you did your best and it was
worth it.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE

Aug 17, 2018, 9:10 AM

Words can not express how thankful and grateful I am to everyone that has donated and/or shared my post. It shows me just how strong the Clemson family is and how many good people their still are in this world. The amount of support I have received is completely mind blowing and brings tears of joy to my eyes and joy and happiness to my heart. I'm a firm believer in karma and if you continue to do good things then the good lord will bless you with what you need. It may not be what you want or when you want it but what you need and when you really need it. Yesterday was probably one of the best days I've had in a very long time, between work and everything else yesterday it was truly a great day and again I can not thank you all enough. So from the very bottom of my heart, thank you all so so very much. And as always. GO TIGERS!!!

Hang in there TC and be there always for your daughter!

Aug 17, 2018, 9:18 AM

It might not seem like it now but better times will come and you obviously see how your daughter needs you! God bless you and keep us updated! God's got this!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic