Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As an Old School Clemson fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,683

As an Old School Clemson fan

Oct 16, 2012, 2:35 PM

the Clemson game being played each week meant more than any Coot, Dawg, or Tarhole game.

We lived for the Tigers back them and stood tall behind them. We were positive and pro-active in our fandom. We always believed the good and stayed positive. The reverse was the school controlled by politics and style (or fad) in Cooterville. They used to say you went to a USuC game to party but you went to a Clemson game to see some real football.

I miss those days when we have fans on here carrying on about the Coots more than pulling for the Tigers, or always looking for the bad things that could happen rather than believing in all the great things ahead, or even in the unity supporting out young men verses the agendas of many on here.

I always love this intro from 1986 to the UNC game. I think it captures old school Clemson pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hzwLF9MGoY

I would love to see past present again.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thumbs up

Oct 16, 2012, 2:38 PM

Why can't more think this way?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach it brother. That 86 UNC game was great. Spitting....

Oct 16, 2012, 2:40 PM

rain and the stadium was full of orange pom poms.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree but in the old days I lived in the upstate

Oct 16, 2012, 2:44 PM

Now I live in Columbia and my 1st concern is Clemson and always will be. But when I am bombarded every day from every media outlet about coot sports I take great pleasure when they fail because I get a reprieve from all the garbage.

Re: Yessiree, Bob.***

Oct 16, 2012, 3:14 PM

Ford's Last Stand

Oct 16, 2012, 3:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrx7FVxdv7s&feature=related

Just watch the tackling in this. Knees and below.

Nowadays

Oct 16, 2012, 3:29 PM

you go to the Clemson game to party AND to see some real football, and go to the Sakerlina game to get mugged.

Good game. I remember the Gator Bowl against Stanford

Oct 16, 2012, 3:39 PM

well from that year. Tigers were tough that year!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was also nice to hear the fight song with out the WooHoo.***

Oct 16, 2012, 3:53 PM

Re: As an Old School Clemson fan

Oct 16, 2012, 3:56 PM

As a much older old school Tiger, I agree with all that you have said. I my day, no one was jealous of those folks in Columbia. Any successes that they had went unnoticed by Tiger fans in those days. And they were just as big a group of a$$holes then as they are now. Paul Dietzel was the Steve Spurrier in earlier times and their fans were no different that they are now. I know that because of the media, the world is smaller now but there was a lot of biased newspaper guys then also. Anyone old enough to remember Jake Penland of the "State Paper"? I guess the younger generation just can't jump on the Clemson bandwagon and stay there because of all the hate and jealously that they have. I'll be there saturday with my orange on just as I have since 1959 .... and I will not have a single thought about the gamecocks until my TIGERS have had a feast of castrated turkey. See you in the Valley.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,683
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic