Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good explanation of the Ross Catch-No-Catch from a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Good explanation of the Ross Catch-No-Catch from a

Dec 30, 2019, 4:26 PM

guy who referees on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/ehc8mw/my_thoughts_on_the_clemson_incompletion_whats_a/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't need anyone to explain anything to me

Dec 30, 2019, 4:28 PM

I saw the play with my own two eyes, it was clearly incomplete.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This portion is interesting

Dec 30, 2019, 4:31 PM

Imagine in this hypothetical scenario that that the Clemson WR had remained with his hands on the ball and went to the ground. He would have been marked down by forward progress where he initially contacted the ball, as he did not actively make these steps. So lets dispense with that one right now.

If Forward Progress would have been marked if he held the ball, forward progress is in effect.

Re: This portion is interesting

Dec 30, 2019, 4:47 PM

Only if the play was blown dead though... What situation are we talking about the forward progress on? Just trying to understand.

Dec 30, 2019, 5:16 PM

Would have additionally been deemed forward progress was stopped at whatever point they deemed he had "control"... Ball hits hands at the Clemson 31, stopped out at the Clemson 29... That's all backwards progress. There technically wouldn't have been a forward progress established, so they can't deem it was stripped while in forward progress.

Dec 31, 2019, 7:32 AM

But wouldn't that only be the case if the play was blown dead? What seems to be getting lost here is how quickly that happened in real time. I don't think the forward progress thing applies unless the referee blows the play dead. Since that was still a live play, I think had they ruled it a catch it would have still been a fumble. Idk, I'm just genuinely trying to understand the rule. Glad it worked out the way it worked out!

It's mentioned somewhere in that thread

Dec 31, 2019, 11:45 AM

the refs are told to throw the beanbag in plays like that, but it doesn't mean they made a ruling. The ruling on the field is still under review

Clemson

Exactly

Dec 30, 2019, 6:03 PM [ in reply to This portion is interesting ]

It wasn't a fumble either way.

only response needed....

Dec 30, 2019, 4:48 PM

...if they had gotten the TD there, Clemson would have still won the #### game! Get over it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Good explanation of the Ross Catch-No-Catch from a

Dec 30, 2019, 6:19 PM

Thanks for posting. Interesting to see how the officials would break down and analyze this play.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic