Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good defensive game yesterday?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,198

Good defensive game yesterday?

Sep 30, 2018, 6:06 PM

I would say holding a team to 16 legitimate ( I don’t include the muffed punt gift) points was very good considering Syracuse’s offense. 1 TD and 3 field goals.

I am wondering because reading the Syracuse boards they believe they moved the ball well all day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good defensive game yesterday?

Sep 30, 2018, 6:13 PM

D actually played lights out in second half and the fumble gave them a fg too? The Trevor ETN exchange??? Had fields suspended and Mullen hurt. Nah going in I said we hold them under 30 would be a win... and that’s not counting the 10 pt gifts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They went backwards after our first turnover...

Sep 30, 2018, 6:16 PM

so they really moved the ball to get 13pts. They gained 90yds the second half. It was a good game by the D.

Sep 30, 2018, 7:03 PM

I would say 10 legit points. Don't forget the timeout when we forced a 3 and out on the opening drive. That kept their drive alive, they got 13 points off our own mental mistakes. They didn't even force the fumbles.

Agree and Syracuse is a very good offense. Don't forget

Sep 30, 2018, 7:11 PM

also that three of their points came on a 51 yard field goal. I have been on Syracusefan.com and they seem to be very realistic about the loss. Many pointed out that they were limited to 3 first downs and 90 yards in the second half and only scored due to the fumble.

But I agree with you in that it was a great defensive performance. Even the first drive in which Cuse got a field goal, the defense stopped them. We had called a timeout early on the third down play negating the play.

Dino's best season is 4-8

Sep 30, 2018, 7:13 PM

with a good senior QB he might get his only winning season

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Considering the turnovers, missing pieces in secondary

Sep 30, 2018, 7:14 PM

Field position change by their punter, mood after Lawrence went out, they played best game this year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Considering the turnovers, missing pieces in secondary

Sep 30, 2018, 9:01 PM

311 yds total offense

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 9:02 PM

Defense shut them down in the 2nd half. Masterful adjustments by Venables.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,198
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic