Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Paul Johnson expected to retire
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

TNET: Paul Johnson expected to retire

Nov 28, 2018, 1:40 PM

Paul Johnson expected to retire

Veteran head coach Paul Johnson is retiring according to multiple reports on Wednesday. He had an 82-59 record in 11 years running the option at Georgia Tech. H Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Paul Johnson expected to retire

Nov 28, 2018, 1:42 PM

Maybe these nerds will finally hire a football coach that can win them something and make GT and the ACC competitive again.

Then again, they are a bunch of nerds with no love for sports and no talent for business, so I doubt it.

Remind me, where did OUR AD come from?***

Nov 28, 2018, 1:46 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remind me, where did OUR AD come from?***

Nov 28, 2018, 1:53 PM

GT. And just like GT, Drad has done an absolute #### job as our AD. One of the worst hiring decisions Clemson has ever made. I cant believe we hired this a$$clown.

Well don't beat around the bush, tell us what you really

Nov 28, 2018, 1:59 PM

think

Nov 28, 2018, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Remind me, where did OUR AD come from?*** ]

He was at Usuc under McGee back in early 2000s.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, seriously?

Nov 28, 2018, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Remind me, where did OUR AD come from?*** ]

You must hate the improvements we've seen in multiple programs during his time at Clemson, including the two most popular/important, football and basketball. You must also hate all of the great new facilities we have built under his watch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: LOL, seriously?

Nov 28, 2018, 4:58 PM

Baseball as well...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have not improved in baseball at all.***

Nov 28, 2018, 9:31 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Remind me, where did OUR AD come from?*** ]

Watch out this criticism...DRad will leave and take Dabo with him...Daggumit...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Remind me, where did OUR AD come from?*** ]

GT. And just like GT, Drad has done an absolute #### job as our AD. One of the worst hiring decisions Clemson has ever made. I cant believe we hired this a$$clown.

There is no term to describe you, but I will try---#######!!!!

You have NO facts to back up that ridiculous criticism of DR***

Nov 29, 2018, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Remind me, where did OUR AD come from?*** ]

Re: You have NO facts to back up that ridiculous criticism of DR***

Nov 29, 2018, 9:07 AM

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't DRad come in and affirm FB as #1 and give Dabo what he needed to take the next step.

Nov 28, 2018, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Remind me, where did OUR AD come from?*** ]

I sure as #### hope that nobody takes that comment back to Dabo, I'm just not ready for another A$S chewing so quick or so soon after the one that we just received!!! ;)

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dilly dilly!

Nov 29, 2018, 5:43 AM

nm

Nov 28, 2018, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Johnson expected to retire ]

I just hope that GT, Louisville, and FSU will get back to being very competitive for the sake of our SOS and helping us in playing tough games in our conference before having to wait to play tougher teams in the playoffs....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 9:39 PM

Have they changed the number of times you can like a persons comments. Different comments same thread

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 29, 2018, 1:05 AM

Yes, if you don't point someone before you try to point the same person again, it will lock it out that whole thread....

I'm all for getting someone in there that can dilute

Nov 28, 2018, 1:44 PM

UGAG's talent pool.

Nov 28, 2018, 1:51 PM

I know you hear people call North Carolina a "sleeping giant" and you here other schools called similar but to me Georgia Tech may fit that billing more than any other school. In that state, even getting the guys UGA don't recruit real hard you can build a winner. With the lack of talent Paul Johnson has recruited and running a high school offense he really hasn't been that bad at GT. With GT's academic stature and football history and with a little investment into facilities and upgrades there is absolutely no reason why GT shouldn't challenge for the Coastal every year or every other year. To me I wish Paul would coach 20 more years. The last thing I want is for our permanent cross division rival to get a competent head coach because I do think GT can be really really good with the right guy.

I agree 100%

Nov 28, 2018, 2:01 PM

The other thing that GT has over UNC is a history in football. In think in this day and age GT should be at a severe disadvantage to Georgia and Clemson; but they should be much better than they are today. So much talent in Atlanta, picking up Clemson and UGA scraps should still field a good team without a gimmick offense. GT, Miami, VT.... one of them gets right and they become the Clemson of the Coastal (however, my money would be one Miami or VT).

Re: I agree 100%

Nov 28, 2018, 6:34 PM

If I'm not mistaking, GT has beat us more that any team in college FB, and I think that is true!!!

maybe they'll pull a UNC and go get Bobby Ross***

Nov 28, 2018, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Johnson expected to retire ]

Re: maybe they'll pull a UNC and go get Bobby Ross***

Nov 28, 2018, 2:09 PM

Think he's unavailable

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Is Calculus still a mandatory requirement for GTech?***

Nov 28, 2018, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Johnson expected to retire ]

First of all, you seem really out of touch with reality...We

Nov 28, 2018, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Johnson expected to retire ]

run the HS offense...Second, GT is not like UNC...UGA is like UNC...The academics/quarters schedule is an obstacle, UGA owns the state, for infancy onward and those facilities would take years to finish

If UNC is a sleeping giant,

Nov 28, 2018, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Johnson expected to retire ]

then they just took a rag soaked in chloroform and smothered their own face in it. But I agree, GT can be a threat with the right guy at the helm, but the question is, do they care enough to find that guy?

Message was edited by: Fridge_Perry®

Nov 28, 2018, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Johnson expected to retire ]

Some of our best talent has come from the state of Georgia, DW4, TL and the list can just go on and on!!!

Nov 28, 2018, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Johnson expected to retire ]

Then their next guy better be able to coach his recruits about another 200 points on their SAT. If brains grew on trees, sons of Grapefruit Farmers would be at MIT...

Nov 28, 2018, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Johnson expected to retire ]

I think folks have forgotten, we’v only been in full control of this rivalry for the last few years. In prior years, GT was almost always a formidable foe. I’m pretty sure they have a National Title or two also. P.J. is a good football coach, his scheme is simply too archaic to attract the better D1 prospects. They’ve been good in the past, and I agree TA, they will likely be good again in the near future.

Petrino to GT***

Nov 28, 2018, 2:09 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Shirley, they aren't that stupid.***

Nov 28, 2018, 2:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Shirley, they aren't that stupid.***

Nov 28, 2018, 2:33 PM

Yes they are, and don't call me shirley!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roger. Over.

Nov 28, 2018, 3:18 PM

"Picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shirley, they aren't that stupid.***

Nov 28, 2018, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Shirley, they aren't that stupid.*** ]

You beat me to it....

Re: Petrino to GT***

Nov 28, 2018, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Petrino to GT*** ]

That won't happen, not this year, not ever!!!

He should at least consider his options first

Nov 28, 2018, 2:14 PM

There are three of which I'm aware..

good hope louisville hires someone worth a crap as well

Nov 28, 2018, 2:36 PM

the conference needs to be competitive

Re: good hope louisville hires someone worth a crap as well

Nov 28, 2018, 3:16 PM

Petrino will be back. He has a habit of reappearing and people have a habit of rehiring.

Re: good hope louisville hires someone worth a crap as well

Nov 28, 2018, 9:25 PM

And those people have a habit of making bad decisions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 4:00 PM

Good, no more worrying about the cut blocks injuring our players.

Good Riddance

Nov 28, 2018, 5:06 PM

GTFO

Bye !!!!!!

null

This could kill the coots in recruit’in

Nov 28, 2018, 5:19 PM

Gt will be keeping all the recruits the coots were starting to get. Doesn’t look good for the chickens!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 28, 2018, 6:22 PM

I think that would be great place to start out as a HC for Tony with him loving the run game as much as he does!!! And not that far down down the road from Dabo and all of his close friends!!!

This is sad to hear...with a new coach they could

Nov 28, 2018, 6:52 PM

Become competitive again, and we have to play them every year. I was hoping Johnson would stay for another 10 years.

Re: This is sad to hear...with a new coach they could

Nov 28, 2018, 6:55 PM

Yep, BV has how to stop the triple option down to the, STOP TRIPLE OPTION IN ITS'TRACKS!!!

Paul Johnson says bad words

Nov 28, 2018, 9:22 PM

Today we settled all family business

Nov 28, 2018, 11:36 PM

Fisher Fedora Petrino Johnson .... all gone. Soon Richt and Dorean. But don’t insult my intelligence and tell me DABO had nothing to do with it.
I believe Dabo is now the OG of ACC,no? Go Tigers! Give em hell boys

Nov 29, 2018, 12:04 AM

It seems like Paul Johnson retired about 3 years ago. This just formalizes it.

The right Coach could do some real damage there (imagine Mike Leach). Tech, as an institution, would need to decide it wants to be a football school again - the same way Clemson had to just a few years back. Their facilities need some updating for sure.

Atlanta has a lot to offer, especially compared to the mostly rural competition in the ACC. Diluting UGA's talent would be nice too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 3:43 AM

Don't want it to dilute our talent though, we get a lot players from GA. Hate to see Johnson go...Venables owned him.

Re: What Will Walt Deptula Do Now?

Nov 29, 2018, 9:01 AM

I don't/can't listen to WCCP any more since we moved to Lake Murray, but what will Walt Deptula do now that his coaching idol is stepping away. His man-love for PJ was quite something to behold!

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic