Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two Questions I haven't seen addressed by your coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,980

Two Questions I haven't seen addressed by your coach

Nov 27, 2012, 6:22 AM

--Why was Sammy completely uninvolved in the gameplan? I think he had three balls thrown his way and I expected to see a few end around type plays to slow our pass rush.

--The punt with three mins to go and only one time out? Even with a three and out you'd get the ball back for *maybe* a minute and change needing two scores. You're also punting to one of the SEC's best returners. Made no sense to me.

Has anyone asked him either because, if so, I haven't read it.

I thought the tone of the game changed on Swearingers hit. Yes, I even rolled my eyes and wasn't thrilled with his taunt but I was more taken aback that no one on the Clemson team fired back. I would hope if Clemson did that to us that one of our own would take a PF and fire back.

Tough game...good luck in the bowl.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fans are asking the questions

Nov 27, 2012, 6:25 AM

but we aren't getting any answers. The coaches seem to have gone to ground. As far as the hit, I was glad we maintained discipline and did not retaliate. Down by one score and driving at that point the last thing we needed was a 15 yard penalty.

Good Questions...

Nov 27, 2012, 6:40 AM

There are quite a few things they could have done once Ward made adjustments to your defense and for whatever did not. Toughness has been an issue since Danny left. Danny would tell you we are going to line up and come after you and there is not a #### thing you can do about it. The Bowden/Swinney teams have been no where near that.

At the end of the day....would of, could of, should of don't matter.....you beat us!!

Re: Good Questions...

Nov 27, 2012, 6:52 AM

I'm not convinced we're that much "tougher" than Clemson but I do think us playing in some close games helped the mental aspect. Clemson seemed a little "panicky" even at halftime with the small lead. Once USC took the lead it appeared the Clemson gameplan went out the window...even though it was a three point lead.

Unbelievably, maybe one of our most underrated victories this year was at Vandy who was playing for everything that night. Super close game we pulled out and maybe leaned something that night.

In other random thoughts, Clemson is a great pass rusher away from breaking through and becoming a legit top 10 team. Your DC is good and is still dealing the hand dealt him recruiting wise but, even so, a marked difference this year.

Hopefully you guys don't draw aTm in the Bowl. I wouldn't want any part of that Manziel kid...probably the biggest game changer since sCam Newton. I'm already dreading our game with them next year.

Re: Two Questions I haven't seen addressed by your coach

Nov 27, 2012, 6:44 AM

Swearingers taunting penalty at that point in the game should have cost you the game. If the referees properly call Clowneys helmet-to-helmet late shot on Boyd 2 plays later you likely lose. Our players stayed disciplined and let Swearingers mistake turn Ellingtons s 12-yard gain into a 27 yd play.. Only a coot would think what Swearinger did was a positive ..

Re: Two Questions I haven't seen addressed by your coach

Nov 27, 2012, 6:59 AM

I'm not sure how it would "cost us the game"...the penalty was called correctly. I have no idea on the "helmet to helmet" hit but you're the first I've seen even bring it up. Clowney played a once in a career game and played it clean.

All in all...the officiating was terrible on both sides. The SEC hasn't called holding all year and Clowney has been literally tackled all year but, for some reason, they called bunch on Saturday. I thought the PI call on Legree was ridiculous (as did the commentators) and I thought the second one on you guys was very questionable. The end result was a Clemson INT so I guess it evens out.

I think the penalty that cost you the game was actually on us. After DT's scramble for a TD was called back, USC ate up another two minutes scoring the eventual TD.

#### you coot***

Nov 27, 2012, 6:49 AM

You know...

Nov 27, 2012, 6:54 AM

I don't post on FGF but I do on TBS. We have a few Clemson folks on there that have been civilly discussing the game...both before and after.

Totally uncalled for....are you the same guy that was shooting the double bird on TV?

Ya the Spur couldn't have dreamed of a better Tiger offensiv

Nov 27, 2012, 6:58 AM

game plan. Looks like we didn't go with the plan that got us to 10-1. The run and quick screens could have negated Clowny. Make no sense but that is tiger football when it comes to the big games

The simple facts to me were we were outcoached and

Nov 27, 2012, 7:08 AM

outplayed. I have posted repeatedly over the past year that like him or not, Steve Spurrier will long be regarded as one of the greatest coaches of the game. When rumors began circulating about S.C.'s attempts to hire him, more than a few Clemson people said, "D@mn, we should've tried to get him first!" To many of us it was not a matter of if, but rather a matter of how long it would take him to build a successful S.C. program. He proved his capabilities again during our game, and you want to know how I knew we were in trouble? When he had the guts to go for a first down on a fourth, and we kicked a freaking field goal while trailing by six! No guts, no glory! The fact is: the better team won, and, frankly, I don't believe officiating had much to do with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The late punt is borderline unforgivable

Nov 27, 2012, 7:30 AM

in my eyes. There are only two possibilities - one that Dabo is not very bright and two that he gave up. I have to think he knew we could not possibly win if he punted. If he did realize that, it means he gave up. That is not just a bad decision, it's a bad philosophy. I am sooooo disappointed in that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The late punt is borderline unforgivable

Nov 27, 2012, 7:46 AM

I think you are 2 for 2!

Our reporters here aren't tough enough

Nov 27, 2012, 7:39 AM

to ask these questions and get real answers.

and there is the answer***

Nov 27, 2012, 7:50 AM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,980
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic