Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good Morning!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 986

Good Morning!

Oct 31, 2018, 6:11 AM

After sleeping on the information learned from last night’s first CFB playoff rankings I feel great. It’s been a continual drumbeat by most of the media that the ACC is a weak conference and that would hurt our resume’ in the end. While I can see with my own eyes that with FSU, Louisville, Miami and VT are not where they’ve been in the past, others are stepping up to fill that void. Syracuse, Boston College, NC State, Duke and Virginia have really done a good job and last night I saw acknowledgement by the playoff committee that they value the parity within our conference. 5 members of the ACC in the top 25 is huge, second only to the mighty SEC is huge. I understand Notre Dame is not a member in football but it’s just a matter of time for them to join completely. That being said, the ACC, hypothetically has 2 teams in the top 4, equal to the SEC. if perception is more important than reality, then last night our resume got a big boost from being a part of the ACC. Go Tigers, just keep winning!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Morning!

Oct 31, 2018, 7:14 AM

Ummm...No, I actually watch the games, the ACC is just horrible this year. I have no idea how they ranked some of these teams, but I aint buying it. I think that Clemson might be the best team in the Nation now, but the ACC is really bad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it’s a combination of parity

Oct 31, 2018, 7:59 AM

and a LOT of teams are just not that good (aka ‘down’) this year. It’s not just a weak ACC, either. Look at all power five conferences. Also ND and UCF - the former has struggled and the latter hasn’t played anyone - although ND is getting the love.

With the exception of us and Bama, there are NO other ‘dominant teams’.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 2
| visibility 986
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic