Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good Lord I really despise ESPN... Check out this BC game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 3,530

Good Lord I really despise ESPN... Check out this BC game

Oct 14, 2015, 6:33 AM

preview: http://scores.espn.go.com/college-football/preview?gameId=400756953

ESPN definitely has an anti-Clemson agenda. There is absolutely no reason to use the "C" word in an article whose purpose is to highlight a weekend match up between two top defenses. So why do they use that stupid term in the first sentence of an article previewing the Clemson vs Boston College game? ESPN clearly wants to keep this word alive and even morph the definition of the "C" word "to describe the Tigers coming up short in big games". That ain't what that whole stupid term was about and they know it as indicated by their use of the term in the first sentence of the article (unless they consider the BC game a "big game"). I guess if ESPN can change the definition of that term to an impossible standard (basically Clemson losing to anyone) then they can keep sticking it to Clemson to sully our (and through proxy the ACC's) reputation. One has to wonder that if we win a national championship would it be enough to make ESPN stop it with this stupid term.

ESPN's journalistic integrity is just plain garbage. ESPN's biased, slanderous, and lazy reporting combined with their near monopoly of televised college football is slowly ruining college football. I think it is time for President Clements to have a behind the doors "come to Jesus" meeting with the head of ESPN to cease and desist with this crap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Lord I really despise ESPN... Check out this BC game

Oct 14, 2015, 6:40 AM

Clements needs to have that with Swoff. He should handle that. Its a shame we'd have to. Do you think Swoff would let similar go on about UNC? No he'd step up and stop it before being asked. But we'd have to pressure him to

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIRE SWOFFORD!!!***

Oct 14, 2015, 7:13 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2015, 6:41 AM

I count seeing the word 3 times. Pathetic. Of all the chances esucsecpn has had to use terms associated with another teams unexplained loss, they never come up with one. Even Randy Cross was insulting us last night on Inside College Football-despite the fact that his own school has 2 unexplained losses this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't really care if they talk about it this week because,

Oct 14, 2015, 6:52 AM

like it or not, Dabo's rant has made it a relevant story right now. However, the fact that everyone just puts their own definition on the word is ridiculous.

"Clemson lost those meetings by a combined 55 points, part of the basis for the term "Clemsoning" that has been used to describe the Tigers coming up short in big games."

Apparently losing to an unranked team is "Clemsoning," losing to anybody closely following a big win is "Clemsoning," and not playing well in a big game is also "Clemsoning."

So pretty much any loss by us is "Clemsoning." That's just a ridiculous standard to hold a team to, and they've miraculously lived up to it for pretty much every game over the last 4 seasons.

Irony...poster complains about ESPN talking about

Oct 14, 2015, 7:26 AM

"Clemsoning"...in a post he writes about "Clemsoning".

The term will be relevant as long as the fans keep it relevant by talking about it.

GFY... Commentary IS NOT comparable to an article...***

Oct 14, 2015, 8:02 AM

null

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish the Prodigal would go back home! To his roost.***

Oct 14, 2015, 8:50 AM

Someone has a different opinion from you...

Oct 14, 2015, 9:20 AM

They must leave!

Re: I don't really care if they talk about it this week because,

Oct 14, 2015, 8:12 AM [ in reply to I don't really care if they talk about it this week because, ]

It was relevant again before he brought it up. That's the point-the idiots at esucsecpn keep bringing it up. They only insult our program. Tell me what other school(and there are lots of them) that should have to suffer the constant bashing. Personally, I don't think these gutless wonders should insult any program, but to single us out is a joke. I'm glad Dabo let them know that they are truly ignorant, lazy and clueless with this talk.

It'll keep the team focused and on edge

Oct 14, 2015, 7:17 AM

Let em talk, we'll shut them up in January

Go Tigers!!

If you really objectively think about it...

Oct 14, 2015, 7:24 AM

you'd realize how utterly ridiculous it sounds to say that ESPN is anti-Clemson. Why in the world would they be anti-Clemson? This is not an insult, just a fact...in the sports world, Clemson is really, really small compared to ESPN.

A significant portion of every fan base thinks the media is out to get them. On every message board for every team, you'll find threads about how ESPN is anti-their team. I have never been able to wrap my mind around why people think this way.

Re: If you really objectively think about it...

Oct 14, 2015, 7:34 AM

Perhaps the reason we think this way is because the bias is real and Coach Swinney seems to agree: http://www.tigernet.com/update/coach/Swinney-expands-media-agenda-Clemson-20712?ref=front

In my opinion this whole thing serves to discredit Clemson (as one of the top two teams in the ACC) in order to prop up ESPN's larger pro SEC agenda.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yet the SEC teams' fans also think

Oct 14, 2015, 7:38 AM

ESPN is out to get them. Strange...

That's just cus they're morans***

Oct 14, 2015, 7:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't fix stupid

Oct 14, 2015, 8:23 AM [ in reply to And yet the SEC teams' fans also think ]

And its not all bias, its mostly lazy journalism. ESPN has to put out content on over 100 football teams every week and have something new on most of them every day. They don't have the time or resources to objectively analyze every team so they go back with the common narrative.

It goes like this
Alabama/Ohio St/Oregon is unstoppable so any team that beats them or plays them close must be good too.

When in doubt go with SEC Speed/SEC-type defense/SEC-type atmosphere

Big 12 doesn't play defense

Clemson beats big teams and falls flat against small teams.

Its not necessarily bias, its inertia.

But does ESPN call it Georgia-ing or Richting? So why do

Oct 14, 2015, 8:56 AM [ in reply to And yet the SEC teams' fans also think ]

they single out Clemson and no one else? Sheesh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

I'll tell you what is ridiculous. A coot that spends hours a

Oct 14, 2015, 8:52 AM [ in reply to If you really objectively think about it... ]

day on a Clemson site.

I'd probably agree with that.***

Oct 14, 2015, 9:14 AM

Oct 14, 2015, 7:52 AM

Now that's just mean and despicable(like some else I know.?? )
I'm tired of hearing that we are some kind of clemson conspirators. That we have illusions of black espn helicopters flying around.
There is definitely a attraction espn has to this term.
We see it, our coach sees it, the only people who don't is the coots on this board.
This is not Nebraska and we aren't drunk, creating ufo stories, and crop circles. The articles are there and we are labeled.
Even if we do slip up, who hasnt this year?

Oct 14, 2015, 7:54 AM

Unfortunately, I don't think it will go away until we win a national championship, and even then they'll talk about how we didn't "Clemsoning" in the bowl. It's being used now in reference to when we "don't" lose just as a weekly reminder. Yes, it's a ridiculous standard because at some point we will lose a game. No one is going to stay undefeated forever. It may take several more years because the term fades away as people just get tired of using it.

Notice How the Author is Not Listed?

Oct 14, 2015, 8:18 AM

I'll wager David Hale wrote this....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Bulletin Board material ..., thank you ESPN***

Oct 14, 2015, 8:39 AM

it's time to go out and stick it to bc and EsecPN, lets

Oct 14, 2015, 8:55 AM

hang 50 on them and show them what defense looks like

I hate that term as much as anyobe

Oct 14, 2015, 9:03 AM

but Dabo just went on a rant about it a few days ago after our most recent victory over an unranked team. It should be expected that the media (including those aholes at ESPN), are going to throw it around this week.

Hell, if it fires our boys up each week, then let 'em write whatever the hell they want. Ironically, the c-word might just keep our team focused.

I hate that term as much as anyobe

Oct 14, 2015, 9:03 AM

but Dabo just went on a rant about it a few days ago after our most recent victory over an unranked team. It should be expected that the media (including those aholes at ESPN), are going to throw it around this week.

Hell, if it fires our boys up each week, then let 'em write whatever the hell they want. Ironically, the c-word might just keep our team focused.

We could redefine the term with our own media

Oct 14, 2015, 9:22 AM

Blitz - after every win over a ranked team and every blowout win over a lowly team we should all proclaim that we "Clemsoned".

Replies: 26
| visibility 3,530
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic