»
Topic: Good Job Tigers!
Replies: 13   Last Post: Jun 4, 2012 3:11 PM by: cugrad80
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 13  

Good Job Tigers!

emoji_events [10]
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 12:09 PM

If you take away the interference call in the first game and Haselden's performance in the first inning of the second game, we would be playing here in Tiger Town this weekend. That's baseball though. For those negative posters, I saw the best baseball out of this team all season this weekend. It could have gone either way. Both teams wanted it but it's hard to play in the most hostile environment like that and come away with positive results.

I congratulate the boys on a hard fought regional and wish those moving on all the best. Those returning next year, take a deep breath and go into summer ball knowing you gave it your all. See you in the fall.

Re: Good Job Tigers!

[2]
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 12:16 PM

I second this post. This old timer is proud, as always, of his Tigers.

military_donation.jpg

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 12:26 PM

If........the word if....

If your Aunt had balls....she would be your uncle. Glad you are so proud of losing to the Shamecocks yet again!

[2]
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 12:28 PM

participation ribbons for all!

We were so close!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

null

[2]
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 12:32 PM

how could we even been as close as we were as bad as our fielding, bunting and fundamentals, all the stuff you hate jack for, are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 12:34 PM

Well if we could bunt we win game one.

So there is that claim shown. When talent equals out it comes down to little things. We dont do those well.

Our guys try and drag bunt on a sacrifice. Terrible form and fundamentals. You are NOT trying to get to first sit your ### in there and get a nice bunt down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

null

LOL, "been as close" is NOT winning

[1]
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 12:35 PM

if this team could bunt, we win the first one

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: LOL, "been as close" is NOT winning

[2]
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 12:36 PM

hence FUNDAMENTALS deroberts proves time and time again he knows very little about baseball. He is good at attacking anyone who questions Jack though.

Sad someone is more loyal to a coach than to Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

null

you don't have to tell me***

[2]
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 12:37 PM

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

IF IF IF

[2]
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 12:32 PM

And if the Stormtroopers had better aim, there would have been only one movie.

Bottom line is that while we are the best university in SC, we are the second best behind USC sports right now.

This team was inconsistent all year, so there was no reason to think the outcome would be any different. And yes, they should be playing their best baseball against our rival and in the regionals.

This post was brought to you by Tommy (one play away) Bowden***

[2]
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 12:35 PM

I hope none of you guys are parents - or serious Clemson

[2]
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 1:34 PM

fans. We were close. The kids gave it their all. We came up short. It happens. I would rather see our team play hard and with class and come up short than act like (or worse be) a Gamecock any day.

Be proud of your team. All but one team in this tournament will eventually lose. Does that make them all losers???

Re: Good Job --- Mr Pres, I agree, hard fought games*****

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 1:37 PM

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 3:11 PM

Excellent post, bases loaded no outs and no runs is a tough pill to swallow. The baseball team, inconsinstent all year, gave a gutsy performance in Columbia. Nobody can fault their effort this past weekend.

Replies: 13  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1446 people have read this post