Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning, how was everbody's weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 79
| visibility 1

Good morning, how was everbody's weekend?

Apr 3, 2017, 6:26 AM

Not bad, not bad at all. Didn't really do anything much to speak of.

9.25/10 but still dat natty doe

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Intense. Currently shítting it out as I type

Apr 3, 2017, 6:49 AM

Yard work.

BGEgging.

Lesbi-honest. It's wimmens basketball.

8/10.

Good, I accomplished nothing.

Apr 3, 2017, 6:56 AM

Friday - did nothing.
Saturday - heat went out but we don't need it anyways. So did nothing about it.
Sunday - ate and drank a lot and fell asleep in the recliner.

A perfectly lazy weekend.

Plowed the tomato garden, not the mrs

Apr 3, 2017, 8:35 AM

Drank Puff and took a nap

Re: Good morning, how was everbody's weekend?

Apr 3, 2017, 7:10 AM

Friday, loaded up the camper and after about 10min of "why the hell can't my truck move the camper" discovered the brake breakaway cable had broken loose. Fixed that issue and off we went. While setting up , realized I'd forgotten over half the groceries.... fished, drank beer....

Saturday, got up drove to Augusta, didn't find not one darn beer I was looking for so got some of the same ole stuff, picked up something for lunch and supper at Publix . Rest of day was great and relaxing.

Sunday morning, got a 8am call our brother in law had passed away. Packed up and came home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear about your families loss.***

Apr 3, 2017, 7:13 AM

9.26/10

Apr 3, 2017, 7:24 AM

Friday - took my dad fishing and we caught 35 bass
Saturday - cut grass, celebrated birthdays at the house with family
Sunday - church, and more family time

Apr 3, 2017, 7:27 AM

Decent...

Started by having people from out of town come over for the bridge run friday night. Went to bed early and dropped all of them off in IE's front yard Saturday morning. I then let my dog poop in his yard before I headed back home. Went out to lunch came home then drank until 2AM.

Apr 3, 2017, 7:31 AM

Friday - work, ran 8.25 and grabbed Jr from school with wife and we went to dinner. Mexican to be exact. It was good. Jr was in a good mood and preggers Mrs was too. Jr Went to bed and we watched Donnie Brasco. We both love that movie.

Saturday- get up and take a huge Mexican dump. Play with Jr and take him to the indoor pool. Mrs was gone all day to a wedding shower. So I was single dad for a day. It was awesome. Awesome pizza for dinner.

Sunday - fly to where I currently reside at 7am. Get here about 11am and grab a nap. Drinking heavily, drinking heavily, work dinner. Continue to drink heavily.

Monday - hungover on Pacific Coast time. Sucks.

8.25/10

Apr 3, 2017, 7:37 AM

Friday-Played golf, did nothing but relax after.

Saturday-Missed my soccer game to play in a golf tournament. Team still won 7-1 as we remain undefeated. Lost the golf tourney. Went to a bday party/coot watch party. There was only 4 Clemson fans there out of 40 people. It was fun watching them watch their chickens lose.

Sunday-Recovered all day. Cooked roast in crockpot. Watched season finale of Walking Dead. (it was meh)

7/10 weekend Coots lose, Tigers win in baseball. Ready for the Spring Game!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2017, 7:46 AM

Haven't watched it yet but I'm guessing its going to end on a cliffhanger with neegan showing up at alexandrias gate

Apr 3, 2017, 7:51 AM

I'd say save yourself an hour and a half. You pretty much got it.

There were a couple good Neegan oneliners that are worth it

Apr 3, 2017, 8:54 AM

Otherwise it was fairly predictable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Apr 3, 2017, 7:43 AM

Overall: 8/10
Food: 11/10, prolly ate better than most anybody in Chucktown this weekend

Friday: Sis arrives in town, go to EVO in Park Circle for fuggin' delicious pizza

Saturday: R Kitchen in West Ashley; 5 course meal with paired wine included for $45

Sunday: Lunch at Lewis BBQ before they hit the road back to ATL

Somebody is extra fat today; not naming any names, but it's 19B.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We went to R Kitchen WA for our anniversary Friday night

Apr 3, 2017, 8:24 AM

it was the ####

I'm really torn about those two restaurants.

Apr 3, 2017, 8:49 AM

On one hand, I want everybody to witness it because it's one of the coolest restaurant experiences out there. On the other hand, I don't want so many people to know about it that I can't ever get a reservation again without calling 6 months in advance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fo realz

Apr 3, 2017, 9:02 AM

We had a great time and the food was excellent.

It's a great business model too. Low overhead, very little inventory carry over. No question on how much food to prep. Staff was great and too the time to carry on a conversation and answer all my questions.

Shorty....

Apr 3, 2017, 7:47 AM

How'd the smoked steaks turn out?

Re: Shorty....***

Apr 3, 2017, 9:47 AM

Meh, I think the smoker got too hot so they were a bit dry

Apr 3, 2017, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Shorty.... ]

but not Christmas Vacation turkey dry. First time I've done it so I may have to seek other recipes/ideas before doing it again.

Amazing to quite amazing.

Apr 3, 2017, 7:51 AM

In order:

Arrive in Charleston > Edmunds Oast > Sleep > Run Bridge > Burns Alley > Revelry Brewing > Royal American > Nap > HomeTeam SI > Cawks Lose lutz > Poes > Dinghy > Sleep > Boat House brunch > Taco Boy dt > Blind Tiger > Back to Ashe

My liver hates me. #### you Charleston.

11.77 / 10

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Explain to me how this running for fun works?***

Apr 3, 2017, 7:53 AM

Run with friends and then go drink to celebrate.

Apr 3, 2017, 7:54 AM

Fellowship, accomplishment, and inebriation. It's quite simple.

Re: Run with friends and then go drink to celebrate.

Apr 3, 2017, 7:57 AM

Seems I can do all the good stuff without the running part.

But the struggle makes the celebration that much sweeter.

Apr 3, 2017, 8:00 AM

If you don't like running, I get it. Most of my crew are athletic people and enjoy the challenge.

Re: Explain to me how this running for fun works?***

Apr 3, 2017, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Explain to me how this running for fun works?*** ]

The free drinks you get when you pick up the run packet...only fun part

i was underwhelmed with the dinghy

Apr 3, 2017, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Amazing to quite amazing. ]

When I went.

DId you like the "new" blind tiger?

Yeah, Dinghy is just a dive bar but we had buds there.

Apr 3, 2017, 9:18 AM

The "new" Blind Tiger was exactly the same as the "old" but with a bigger kitchen. I'm glad they're back open as it is a Charleston landmark. We weren't eating but the couple of cocktails I got were good.

i know you are a married man, but

Apr 3, 2017, 9:28 AM

I'm sure you enjoyed the scenery.

Tony Romo was at Trio Saturday. Asked for a VIP table to watch USC game,so they opened a little early and let him in.

Bachelorette party came strolling in about midnight and he says "put them with me at my table and sell their table to someone else"

For sure. That has always been the draw of the back patio...

Apr 3, 2017, 9:34 AM

despite the questionable clientele that hang there.

Romo loves him some Chucktown. Comes on a buddy golf trip every year. When wifey used to work at Obrions on JI, his crew would come in there regularly.

Re: i know you are a married man, but

Apr 3, 2017, 11:10 AM [ in reply to i know you are a married man, but ]

lol romo at trio? He should have just gone to republic or something. Trio is too big of a chit show for someone with that much money

Good. Got hammers at Carolina Cup

Apr 3, 2017, 8:08 AM

I'm the color of a lobster.

Did all my laundry.

pigs not loading***

Apr 3, 2017, 9:16 AM

Mixed reviews.

Apr 3, 2017, 8:10 AM

Friday, went to Local Cue to hang out with some people for someone's birthday. Then went home and went to bed.

Saturday up early and walked the swamp rabbit to the gym. Then walked the swamp rabbit back. Then we went to Macy's to return some wedding gifts and buy a 10pc set of All-Clad that was on a steep discount. The woman working the register was incompetent and told us that if we signed up for the Macy's credit card we'd get an additional $100 off too so we did that only to find out a few minutes later that it was actually 20% up to $100 on the amount put on the card, but after all our store credit we only put $19.47 on the card so we saved an additional whopping $3.80.

We then went downtown because it was hella nice out. We went to the new bar on top of the Embassy Suites called Up on the Roof and had a few drinks and looked out over the city. They had Westbrook 2 Claw so I was a happy man. They also had a top notch burger. We then met up with some friends at Grill Marks for another drink and sat outside there as well. It was nearly time to root for the bulldogs at that point so we stopped by GBX for a growler of Oberon and then rolled out.

Watched game and was quite pleased with the outcome. Then wife of ST started feeling bad so we headed home. She vommed all night and we're fairly certain it wasn't something she ate since I had all the same things and also not alcohol related because she had maybe three drinks throughout the day. I'm assuming it's a bug of some kind that I will have in the next day or two. Yay.

Sunday mostly laying in bed/around the house trying to get wife of to drink some fluids. Her stomach was still hurting and she said she was achey. fun. She went to work this morning, but I doubt she stays all day. We'll see how it goes. I abandoned her for a bit in the afternoon to go play some volleyball which was fun, but I also felt bad for leaving her there alone.

5/10 weekend. 10/10 up to Saturday night and then completely meh after that bringing the average down.

ROH

Congrats on the pregnancy***

Apr 3, 2017, 8:18 AM

Oh deer jeebus

Apr 3, 2017, 8:18 AM

but no, we're fairly certain that's not the case either currently.

ROH

If she was on her stomach, it can drip from one hole to

Apr 3, 2017, 9:04 AM

another.

#gravitybabby

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way to go knocking one out now so she will not be

Apr 3, 2017, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Mixed reviews. ]

huge preggers during the hot South Carolina summers. Too bad she will feel like crap during Football season, but it's a tradeoff.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Way to go knocking one out now so she will not be***

Apr 3, 2017, 8:28 AM

ROH

Kids are a blessing from God. You should make sure she

Apr 3, 2017, 8:35 AM

takes her BC pill every morning.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a footbawl weekend DD to me.***

Apr 3, 2017, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Way to go knocking one out now so she will not be ]

One can hope for DDs, unless post baby they

Apr 3, 2017, 8:55 AM

sag to the floor.

Busy

Apr 3, 2017, 8:42 AM

Friday - met wifeof- and kidsof- out for sushi after they went to see Beauty and the Beast.

Saturday - 8 mile run in the morning at a decent pace. Took too long for my right hamstring to loosen up, but I survived. Nap to close out the morning then good lunch at a new cafe in town. Got mine and sonof's hairs cut, a little random shopping and a mildly disappointing trip to buy fish for the fish tank (water alkalinity was still too high for fish). Burgers at home that night and a little basketball on TV.

Sunday - Up for church then Costco. Mostly quiet afternoon. Took daughterof- to get her hair done then grocery store and home to nap during the race. Steaks and sweet taters for dinner. Did not watch wimmen's bouncy ball.

Did a lot but feels like we didn't do much. Would probably do again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

If lots of sleep watching sports all weekend and not much

Apr 3, 2017, 8:46 AM

else is heaven, then I was there, courtesy of The Flu. Apparently I went to McDonald's and ordered the McFlu by mistake, and they gave it to me good.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 8/10

Apr 3, 2017, 8:49 AM

Coots Men lose. Almost get in a fight with a Coot. Drank too much on Saturday night (still feeling it today). Tigers win series versus Georgia Tech.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad, nothing out of the ordinary

Apr 3, 2017, 9:02 AM

Fri - wife of worked, I did not. Slept in. Dropped baby at daycare and ran errands. Sang karaoke that night

Sat - wofe of did not worked, I did not either. Slept in. Woke up to some redhead things. Went to dinner at local brew pub with wife, baby, and step-son. Ate delicious chicken wings and drank delicious beers. Watched basketball. Coots lose. Many thumbs up.

Sun - wife of worked, I did not. Slept in. Took baby to eat mexican food. Watched TV and didn't do much else.

Overall pretty lazy, but not bad, 8.8/10 with points added b/c of redhead things.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Not bad, but work encroached around the edges.***

Apr 3, 2017, 9:04 AM

#ACCFTS

pretty all over the place

Apr 3, 2017, 9:10 AM

Left work early Friday and played with the family on the back deck.

Grilled some chicken on the BGE, but mrs fluff wanted pizza, so I saved the chicken.

Went to in laws house Sat morning. Walked on dock saw a stingray. Didn't have to parent for a couple of hours.

Impromptu dinner party Saturday night. Space dust and jai Alai and hopsham got me.

Easy like Sunday morning. Walk on Pitt street bridge. Brunch at liberty with BIL and his wife. Nap.

Old dog being old and getting worried we'll have to make that decision soon. While at the store for meds, baby fluff stuck her hand in a pot of boiling water. Bad scene at our house.

That Babby Fluff, I tell you wut.

Apr 3, 2017, 9:17 AM

"Ole Meatfingers", they call her.

Margaret "Hamburger Hand" Fluff***

Apr 3, 2017, 9:19 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i still have no idea what she meant by meat fingers***

Apr 3, 2017, 9:30 AM

One of the best weekends I have had.

Apr 3, 2017, 9:11 AM

Wife was out of town (not what made it the best). So I had the kids all by myself. Typically I have work I need to do on the weekends so I would go over to my parents to work with my dad. This weekend, I stayed home with them. I enjoyed them and knew I couldnt take care of anything that I usually am taking care of or working on... So I just focused on them.

Most stress free weekend I have had in a couple of years prolly.

8.75 Yelp Stars

Apr 3, 2017, 9:18 AM

LOTS of yard work, went to Legal remedy Brewery to see bands Saturday evening, did not watch any basketball all weekend. Will do again, because grass won't stop growing.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm so sunburned I can hardly move

Apr 3, 2017, 9:26 AM

Got lobsterfied Saturday on the boat. Went to an island and let the dog run. Got absolutely hammered, our bodies are not in lake shape yet. The sun and beer was hard on us. Spent Sunday morning throwing up, then laid on the couch naked for about 3 hours. Finally got up and went to Lowes where I spent way too much money, and came home with a drill, impact, sawzall, and enough round up to kill everything on my property.

Spent the rest of my Sunday sweating out booze, retaking my driveway and sidewalks, and savagely murdering weeds and grass that I no longer care to weedeat. So on top of the sunburn, my allergies are going cray. Current mood: murderous

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a good time to have a conversation about

Apr 3, 2017, 9:34 AM

left-hand lane drivers.

Or cops.

Or your neighbors.

I don't travel the interstate on the weekends, but I did see

Apr 3, 2017, 9:39 AM

the same stupid ##### in the black Cherokee that is ALWAYS in the left hand lane holding up traffic this morning. Never fails, you can spot her from over a mile away, and she's always got 2+ vehicles behind her. The white trash neighbors weren't out much Sunday, they peaked out of the garage a few times but I didn't hear much out of them. They did place more "look twice save a life" signs in their yard, which is perplexing since they don't actually ride the motorcycle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't travel the interstate on the weekends, but I did see

Apr 3, 2017, 10:01 AM

I wish our state would start enforcing the use of the left hand lane as passing only. instead the chity cops around here only want to pull over people going 5 over or some innocent black guy with a tail light out. Most wrecks on the interstate are caused by asholes going too slow in the wrong lane

People who can't figure out 4 way stops should also

Apr 3, 2017, 10:15 AM

be incarcerated. I'm guessing these are the same folks who have problems at traffic circles.

Very Niooooce

Apr 3, 2017, 10:11 AM

Fridy - ChestandArms, Whisky, Founders Porters. For the first time in forever, I had to pour out a beer. Innus & Gunn rum finished. Twas disgusting, tasted like cheap wine.

Sattidy - Dick's: picked up some workout shorts for me. Equipment for wife. Went to Total Wine and picked up Calumet single barrel select and some white Ales. Calumet twas good. Also had SixPernts Hi-Res beer. Not really a fan of the taste but am a fan of the 10.5% ABV. #####.

Sundy - Easter egg hunt at the church for the kiddos. Nap. Home Depot to start project of replacing gutter guards that are plastic to gutter guards that are worth a ####. Not in stock, will order. Picked up some fescue seeds and an aerator to start other project of overseeding lawn. More whiskey, Drank SixPernts Global Warming Red Ale. Twas purty good.

9.99/10 Wood dew again. LUTZ!!!84 At Gamecock nation putting up pix of #statepride with CFB, beisbol and Woman’s BB titles

SwimminTiger® (is this still funny?)

Good to better to meh

Apr 3, 2017, 10:13 AM

Made an offer on a house and the sellers countered back with a good, not great counter. Re-countered and they got all but out. I think were walking away because of what else might come up here (ie they may not meet appraisal if lower, might not agree to fix all inspection items, etc.) Moving on to a close Plan B.

In the meantime, worked Saturday am at the church, drove around a bit. Had dinner at the Esso Club last night.

7/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I do miss me some meat and 3 at the Esso.

Apr 3, 2017, 10:13 AM

I gotta get back up for a long weekend.

at least 9 bridges away

Apr 3, 2017, 3:04 PM

Yes, but worth it.***

Apr 3, 2017, 3:21 PM

4/10

Apr 3, 2017, 10:17 AM

Saturday: Pressure washed the Driveway. GF's sister had a #### ton of people over. Almost wanted to use the pressure washer on their faces so the vapid conversations would stop.

Sunday: Played video games in the Morning. Mass Effect Andromeda, mostly. In the afternoon, went with the GF to Knott's Berry farm for her sister's show and the boysenberry festival. Show was crap. Food was 7/10. Avoid the boysenberry ravioli.

8/10

Apr 3, 2017, 11:10 AM

Saturday: Two naps. Also hosted kids bowling party for a pack of 15 six year olds. Surprisingly fun time for kids and parents.

Sunday: Attended two birthday parties for other kids. Mine had a blast. Other out-of-towner friends visited last night. Had BW3 to go so was da awesum!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHO'S THE JUNGE BRACKET CHAMPYUN?***

Apr 3, 2017, 11:11 AM

Gonna give it another day***

Apr 3, 2017, 11:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good...

Apr 3, 2017, 11:28 AM
IMG_0356.JPG(932.4 K)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Thumbs up for the strong Teva game.***

Apr 3, 2017, 11:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those are about shot.***

Apr 3, 2017, 11:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It *might* be time to take a hose to the pontoon***

Apr 3, 2017, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Pretty good... ]

Yeah, definitely.

Apr 3, 2017, 11:34 AM

Was thinking of your Mom first, though.

ewww...yer gross***

Apr 3, 2017, 11:34 AM

Nice legs

Apr 3, 2017, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Pretty good... ]

Nair?

Thanks

Apr 3, 2017, 2:43 PM

your mom loves them whem I rub my shin up and down the crack of her taint.

What happened to your ankle?***

Apr 3, 2017, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Pretty good... ]

point for shooty but this weekend stuff sux like nonweekend***

Apr 3, 2017, 2:56 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

got a call 0730 on saturday heard my mom shouting "my house

Apr 3, 2017, 3:18 PM

is on fire!!!"

I sufficiently freaked out. My local brother was out of town, fuwere in town, I forgot every name and number of every neighbor that I grew up knowing, packed in record time, drove to Charlotte.

Mom was okay...miraculously. she woke up to the sound of "crackling"...saw flames, got out of the house. so happy that she did. so instead of planning a funeral, I'm spending this week dealing with insurance companies, contractors, and looking for an apartment. I'm pretty excited about all of that.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

glad your mom's ok.***

Apr 3, 2017, 3:26 PM

not bad, worked on cleaning up the boat all day saturday

Apr 3, 2017, 3:24 PM

sunday, went to sorority father/daughter day with sav82daughter2 at the georgia college baseball game. decided that nothing makes you feel older than sitting at a baseball game with a bunch of college coeds and their dads, the dads were all pretty much watching the game with a occasional conversation on the latest news and/or weather. most of the girls likely have now idea who even won the game as they were too busy taking selfies and posting on social media.

btw, no pigs!

Replies: 79
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic