Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good Dabo article on ESPN, and I like the last 2 sentences!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,227

Good Dabo article on ESPN, and I like the last 2 sentences!!

Dec 27, 2016, 9:44 AM

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18354191/clemson-tigers-coach-dabo-swinney-calls-mind-florida-state-seminoles-legend-bobby-Bowden

Time to take out the Buckeyes!!

Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Dabo article on ESPN, and I like the last 2 sentences!!

Dec 27, 2016, 9:57 AM

The one thing this article conveniently leaves out, that only a true Clemson fan that watched our Tigers play the Seminoles all throughout the 90s would know, is that Bobby Bowden was a despicable person on the football field. Yes, I'm sure he was a man of Christian faith. And I'm sure he was in church every Sunday, and involved in the community Monday through Friday. But on Saturday, he became a gutless football coach who commanded his football players to do anything they need to do to win the game. When you played Bowden's Seminoles, you knew it was going to be a dirty play with cheap shots and intentional injuries. BB purposefully tried to injure and hurt the teams he faced. But yes, let's make sure we glorify him for his enduring legacy of national championships and incredible recruiting. Because to that end, it would definitely be a complement to compare Dabo to him. But with all the rest I just mentioned, Dabo shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence because of how much more class and respect he has for the game than BB ever did.

yep! I'll never forget Janikowski missing curfew the night

Dec 27, 2016, 10:10 AM

before they played for the Natty, and Bobby just blew it off and offered no punishment. Dabo would have benched him at least a half of the game.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: Good Dabo article on ESPN, and I like the last 2 sentences!!

Dec 27, 2016, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Good Dabo article on ESPN, and I like the last 2 sentences!! ]

I agree

BB was a(n) habitual liar.

Dec 27, 2016, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Good Dabo article on ESPN, and I like the last 2 sentences!! ]

He let players participate in games that Dabo would have thrown out our program. His excuse was always that he did what was best for the boy. When does failure to punish a young man become productive toward his betterment?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,227
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic