Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good Clemson people should pray for Mike Bellamy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Good Clemson people should pray for Mike Bellamy

May 16, 2012, 8:41 AM

I don't know the intimate circumstances, but I know the kid had a bad bad upbringing. The kid has been through more in his short life than most all of the POS's that are ripping him now on this board. From what I have heard it was actually brutal and a miracle that he ever made it to Clemson. I know we choose our own path's in this life. I also know we all have our own personal obstacles that we go through in order to make it where we are.

Well, if most of us had to an obstacle course to get through, Mike had Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq all rolled up in one.

He didn't make it here. He did make some bad decisions and some bad mistakes. Those have fallen on his shoulders and will follow him for the rest of his life. But what he has been through here is not the worst he has ever been through.

I am the man I am because of my parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles and all the people in my life who helped to shape me to become a man. Mike is who he is because of those things as well..

I leave it at that, but the young man needs our prayers, not condemnation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said. I hope he gets it together, comes back to CU,

May 16, 2012, 8:43 AM

and proves his doubters wrong. Praying for you Mike!

Re: Good Clemson people should pray for Mike Bellamy

May 16, 2012, 8:44 AM

very well said. mikes upbringing would indeed bring chills to everyone if they knew. hope he can get it together so i can watch him play on sundays. good luck kid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2012, 8:50 AM

I agree. Everybody does bad things in life. Sometime we get caught, sometimes we don't. However, you still have to live with what you did. You can learn from your mistakes or you can keep making them until you get caught and some punishment is handed out. Then, you can learn from the mistake or you can continue down the wrong path until you are caught again and stiffer punishment comes along. Again, the same program is running until you learn to change your ways. Sometimes it is easy to learn from your mistakes, sometimes it takes a lifetime of correction to learn the lesson. We ALL have lessons that we learned from and we will always have new lessons that we are in the process of learning when we finally pass the previous test! Good luck with that, Buddy!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2012, 8:51 AM

most of this is good but with you POS comment tied in to the prayer thing makes for an interesting mix. Glad you arent overly judgemental or anything

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2012, 10:23 AM

good Clemson men say #### sometimes.. lol

AWESOME POST...thanks.

May 16, 2012, 8:52 AM

Agree...100%

what do us bad Clemson people do? Please tell me.***

May 16, 2012, 8:52 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, nice post...I actually agree***

May 16, 2012, 8:53 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Appears a lot of us aren't All In.

May 16, 2012, 8:55 AM

We have to stick together-through good times and the bad. That's what the Clemson family is all about.

May 16, 2012, 8:55 AM

I agree, he made the effort to clean up his act enough for Dabo, just couldn't pull the class work off. He's young and talented, hopefully he will be successful from here on.

Re: So you're saying if I don't believe in God Im not good?

May 16, 2012, 8:59 AM

Strong closed minded statement

NO, if you are not rich God doesn't love you.

May 16, 2012, 9:12 AM

He loves only the rich. Do you get lumps of coal in your stocking at Christmas or what?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blame it on the rain?

May 16, 2012, 9:10 AM

Blame it on his race. Blame it on his parents. Blame it on Dabo. Helll, blame it on me but for God's sake don't make a 19 year old responsible for his conduct and attitude. Especially in today's society. It's just not politically correct.

""I let the team down, fans down, this university down and all the kids who look up to me as a role model. I am truly sorry for my actions. But I will learn from this and will be a better person because of it. I will accept any punishment from my coaches and this university. Love you tiger nation!"

Its time to man-up for Mike. Admit guilt and make a change for real this time and not just lip service. This is real life, not a fairy tale. You'll get what you give at Clemson and not a bit less. He should at least do this for himself.

You guys keep making excuses and he might be listening to you and worse, he might start to believe that he can go through life making excuses instead of becoming a man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Blame it on the rain?

May 16, 2012, 10:22 AM

nope not what Im saying at all, but its easy for some of us in our high tower to sit back and criticize a kid who has never had much of a chance.

You do not know what he has been through and if you don't think that your past shapes you then you dont know much.

No offense intended here

I guess I missed all the threads ripping on Mike, 'cause I saw numerous positive things supporting him.

Hopefully more details will come out, because I can hardly believe that Mike is just giving up due to academics. There are numerous ways around this problem that would allow him to stay at CLEMSON. The fans here only wish Mike the best. If he's just taking the easy way out, that doesn't sound like the Mike Bellamy that we've all watched try and grow up here at CLEMSON.

Sounds like you know Mike better than most on here - so maybe you know someone who could give Mike better advice than he's obviously getting. He needs to determine how to remain at CLEMSON. I recommend a RS this year, get his academics in order, and be a standout RB next year - AT CLEMSON.

coyote_2323isagoodClemsonman***

Good post, totally agree! Point***

May 16, 2012, 9:18 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, Mike had all good intentions of setting records at Clem

May 16, 2012, 11:08 AM

son..and in doing so helping the Tigers get more wins..possible ACC Championships..and maybe a NC.

He seemed to be a cheerful & very likable young man..and of course he was very talented.

He will mature in time..and still be the great football player he wanted to be...hopefully back at Tigertown.

Good luck MIKE...and Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic