Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson jumped in AP Top 25
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson jumped in AP Top 25

Sep 16, 2018, 2:10 PM

Clemson jumped in AP Top 25

Georgia moved to No. 2 ahead of Clemson in the Associated Press Top 25 on Sunday. Alabama is the clear No. 1 through three weeks with 58 first-place votes, and Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just what did UGA do yesterday was more impressive than us?***

Sep 16, 2018, 2:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC***

Sep 16, 2018, 2:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC***

Sep 17, 2018, 8:49 AM

And that, my friend, is all there is to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

play three complete games we have played one***

Sep 16, 2018, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Just what did UGA do yesterday was more impressive than us?*** ]

Why do you say that? Score differentials?***

Sep 16, 2018, 4:29 PM

Re: Just what did UGA do yesterday was more impressive than us?***

Sep 16, 2018, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Just what did UGA do yesterday was more impressive than us?*** ]

Scored more in the second quarter than we did in the entire first half, and had 42 points by halftime, maybe?

Biggest difference between us and UGA yesterday was

Sep 16, 2018, 2:37 PM

turnovers (they were +2 and we were -2) and, in extension, finishing drives. They scored TDs on every drive that they didn't punt. We had 3 TOs and 2 missed FGs that probably cost us around 20 points.

We were much more dominant in terms of yards out-gaining GSU 595-143 compared to UGA's margin of +196 (they gave up nearly 300 yards to MTSU). UGA averaged slightly more yards per play.

But i get it. Most of the voters just look at the scores. They are out covering other games and submitting columns late at night to meet deadlines. They don't have time to watch most of the games, especially not one like Clemson vs GSU. They probably take a quick glance at the score line and see that we only scored 24 pts in the 1st quarter and it looks like we really struggled in the game. Granted we were certainly very sloppy, but our offense moved the ball at will before shooting themselves in the foot and GSU's offense did absolutely nothing outside of 2 drives where we were playing reserves.

*1st three quarters***

Sep 16, 2018, 2:38 PM

Sep 16, 2018, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Just what did UGA do yesterday was more impressive than us?*** ]

GSU was not MTSU. We played a much higher quality opponent.

Sep 17, 2018, 10:33 AM

That may turn out to be the case, but what do you base that on? MTSU went 6-7 last year, and GSU went 2-10. MTSU beat Syracuse last season btw.

Sep 17, 2018, 10:33 AM

MTSU went 7-6 last year actually*

Looked better

Sep 16, 2018, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Just what did UGA do yesterday was more impressive than us?*** ]

At least through 3 weeks

Maybe when our depth chart experiment ends we can find some consistency and start looking better

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My point was, we flipped THIS week, after we dominated our

Sep 16, 2018, 3:08 PM

opponent more than UGA did. Why didn't the voters flip us last week?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My point was, we flipped THIS week, after we dominated our

Sep 17, 2018, 10:37 AM

How did we dominate more? Our game was 0-0 at the end of the 1st, while Georgia was up 14-0 at that point. Our game was 21-0 at the half, while Georgia was up 42-7. Our game was 24-3 at the end of the 3rd, while Georgia was up 49-7 at that point.

Sep 16, 2018, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Just what did UGA do yesterday was more impressive than us?*** ]

I'm not concerned at all with what UGA did or didn't do, my only concern is what we didn't do, and we didn't play close to what we should have with as loaded we are with top talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Just what did UGA do yesterday was more impressive than us?*** ]

Scored early and ran over competitor in early series until coaches put the brakes on ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's OK...

Sep 16, 2018, 2:20 PM

even if we slip another slot before the end of the season.
Just keep winning and dominate the last few games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's OK...

Sep 16, 2018, 2:25 PM

Keep winning & finish in the top four ( 4 ) in December* -- that punches your ticket to the big dance !!!

Re: It's OK...

Sep 16, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to It's OK... ]

Shocking!!!
Lol.

Doesn't matter.

Sep 16, 2018, 2:26 PM

THUGA is not a playoff team this season. The SECCG is an elimination game.

Re: Doesn't matter.

Sep 16, 2018, 2:59 PM

I like your wishful thinking, but I’d put my savings on there being 2 SEC teams in the playoff. Certainly not 2 ACC teams. Big 10 looks relatively down. PAC 12 is ho hum. Big 12 just has OU. Mark it down now. SEC has two playoff teams.

Sep 16, 2018, 3:48 PM

If true, the second team would be an SEC West team.

No one else in the east is good enough.

Sep 17, 2018, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Doesn't matter. ]

Save your kids inheritance money by not making that bet.

You are delusional...

Sep 16, 2018, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Doesn't matter. ]

UGA should be #2.. and if their only loss is in SECCG then they are in playoffs...

Be real. We are a solid #3 now and will get stronger as the season goes along.

After Va Tech, BC and NC State solidify their spots in top 25 (maybe Miami bounces back too) and we beat them, it puts us right beside an undefeated UGA headed into the playoffs.

All that said, we cannot lose 1 game.

I don’t see Okie or OSU beating us out if we win out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are delusional...

Sep 16, 2018, 3:24 PM

Yep. I don’t see how folks can disagree with this. You can be a die-hard fan and recognize reality at the same time.

Re: You are delusional...

Sep 16, 2018, 3:45 PM [ in reply to You are delusional... ]

good post, you are correct on UGA. I might question the "solid #3", but if they keep winning and have impressive wins against BC and Syracuse we should get in the playoff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson jumped in AP Top 25

Sep 16, 2018, 2:48 PM

BC playing big boy football ! That's a serious boon to our SOS if they stay hot .
My gut tells me that two top ten teams are paper tigers , LSU and ND .
#3 is fine by me , just keep winning and don't look back Tigers !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 16, 2018, 3:23 PM

I don’t see OSU or Okie being really that good either.

Now I do want to see our O-line get it in gear too... otherwise, we are runner ups, not contenders.

Sep 17, 2018, 8:58 AM

Without better OL play, we are wannabees. Once again, our OL looks like the weakest link. Sadly, I've been saying this for years, and it still doesn't get fixed.

Looking for poor coaching to doom LSU

Sep 17, 2018, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson jumped in AP Top 25 ]

But give them credit for being ultra-violent team. If Clemson hit other ACC teams the way LSU & Auburn hit each other and Bama hit Ole Miss, half our Defense would be kicked out of game ...

makes sense

Sep 16, 2018, 3:10 PM

3 turnovers and a slow start didn't help anything. Perhaps this will psark the 'hunger' Dabo was talking about. Team needs to play with fire in their bellies!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nothing to see here folks***

Sep 16, 2018, 3:13 PM

Sep 16, 2018, 3:26 PM

With the way we have played with all the talent that we have, there is a problem some where other than the personal. And #8,9, or 10 is where we should be in the ranking, and absolutely no better than #8. With the talent, saying that we are under achieving would be hitting the nail on the head!!!

Sep 16, 2018, 3:29 PM

They (Sports Media) want a #1 vs #2 SEC championship game and a rematch in the CFP final.

Just win and everything takes care of itself...***

Sep 16, 2018, 3:47 PM

Sep 16, 2018, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson jumped in AP Top 25 ]

It's week 3......still a whole lotta football to be played.

Sep 16, 2018, 3:50 PM

There is only one poll that matters, and it doesn't come out until the end of October.

Sep 16, 2018, 4:06 PM

Good place to be right now utilize the talent we have and get better as a team.

Sep 16, 2018, 7:34 PM

For now we can just watch and see what happens. The real deal starts when CU is undefeated after December 1st.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson jumped in AP Top 25 ]

That is true, but when you play an inferior team at home, and the home don't just don't knock the inferior Sun Belt team out the park by the end of the first half but, the inferior sun belt team shuts the home team down for the entire 1st quarter, and that really causes the eye brow raise with a huge arch. If KB is actually seeing the field, that INT he threw intended for Ross in the first couple of minutes of the game should have never happen bc, the defender broke for the ball before it ever left KB's hand!!!

Sep 17, 2018, 10:48 AM

The inferior Sun Belt team was losing 21-0 at halftime only because the superior ACC team kept on shooting itself in the foot. Take away a few of the turnover/missed fgs/penalties and the game probably ends up 50-7. Also, Georgia Southern, like Furman, only scores on our third string defense. The Tigers could easily have pitched two shutouts had the first stringers been in there for all 60 minutes. But why risk needless injuries? Dabo is smart.

We're being dissed ...

Sep 16, 2018, 4:09 PM

Everyone knows SEC has the best Football in the Country ! ;) A&M gonna beat Alabama next week ...

Re: We're being dissed ...

Sep 17, 2018, 10:50 AM

Get off the weed.

Sep 16, 2018, 4:25 PM

This is completely unexpected, NOT. Right or wrong, the SEC will always get the nod from the CFB media. I’m still surprised it didn’t happen after last week.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 4:59 PM

Not too worried about it right now. Nobody gets a trophy in September.

UGA has looked better in the "eye test," thought our win over the Aggies tops any of theirs.

If we're just looking at wins, Coach Cookie Monster and his LSU Tigahs should be #1.

We just need to keep getting better and we'll be fine. BC and maybe Syracuse will test us.

Sep 16, 2018, 5:04 PM

When UGA was in cootlumbia they stole the coots bicycle and now they are cycling in.

good***

Sep 16, 2018, 5:22 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 16, 2018, 5:43 PM

Rankings Don't matter now... JUST KEEP WINNING! Win and you are in!

lol....who cares after 3 weeks ?***

Sep 16, 2018, 5:46 PM

by the looks of this thread, a lot care***

Sep 16, 2018, 5:57 PM

YOU don’t seem to understand...

Sep 16, 2018, 6:01 PM [ in reply to lol....who cares after 3 weeks ?*** ]

Many of us live hourly thinking about this stuff! ??

It occupies our minds more than sex does! ??

Re: YOU don’t seem to understand...

Sep 16, 2018, 7:23 PM

Dude!

Well we got 1st place votes(3)

Sep 16, 2018, 6:45 PM

And UGA has none....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless #5 - No News Here***

Sep 16, 2018, 7:51 PM

Bears repeating each time

Sep 17, 2018, 7:18 AM

No one should care where we are in the AP Poll as long as it's within about 7 places of where we think we should be. It's the most biased major poll in the country. The only time we should care is in January

Good! Chip placed firmly back on shoulder.***

Sep 17, 2018, 7:36 AM

Sep 17, 2018, 7:51 AM

Good angle here........

https://www.facebook.com/CFBonFOX/videos/1703840796408875/?fref=mentions&__xts__[0]=68.ARDOLKcyLOCKtW1rYOcbQCJNoLVM7Y5y_TnM-L-2jCoOkfYIqR5bku26nBYPkIcwwQavXybis-v5Qhs_UAP40Vj4OHP35Sx_vSm4fjVPb8IvG8somXYl-Fg87sjN9cmtIZyFllsuaRTTVarbCsEyvxiIkA_ik-0CkNfUvpHPIxMpncJN5i6OTG1uch9zjuUTmvtgnZ8jf4IBqtHUrVzvCpcxwFQIBeCW9oryq0hYBg&__tn__=K-R&fb_dtsg_ag=Adw6t6G3kXJ5NiqdqdfRC44DOhXGJuyIfNXof9aUIBnCDg%3AAdzmuOXNPZK79q5lpmmvCVKTu-7MKcxv7xT3SCuxk-5Sfw

Sep 17, 2018, 7:53 AM

good try. that sec hack has always hated clemson.

Sep 17, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson jumped in AP Top 25 ]

Not sure if you realize that Klatt essentially contradicts his own reasoning.

OK, so he says it should be eliminated because voters don't look at "how the games are won"...and goes on to talk about a team "blowing one out"...i.e. margin of victory, right?

Well, last I recall...we wait all the way until the committee's poll, guess what they don't use....yeah, margin of victory. Says it in their protocol rules, mutt. Strength of schedule, results against comparables, head to head, and Championships are their criteria.

So what do we go with then until then, the COACHES poll? OK, sounds good to me...they have Clemson at #2 still and UGA at #3.

don't care... the final poll is the only one that matters***

Sep 17, 2018, 8:56 AM

Makes sense. We haven't looked great so far.***

Sep 17, 2018, 10:20 AM

We are #1

Sep 17, 2018, 12:00 PM

at making excuses. We are not a playoff team this year. Our offense has sputtered. We turn 5 Stars into 3 stars on offense more often than not. Feaster is a bust. Both of our QB's are turning the ball over the same way we always have.

Sure I can drink the Kool Aid and go all "David Hood" about how great we are. But Im not seeing it. ESPN keeps pumping us up so you guys can keep throwing money at Vegas on us to "not cover the spread." We have not looked dominant in any game and yet most TNeters are throwing a hissy because a dominant team passed us in the poles.

If Dabo would have canceled this game, we'd still be ranked #2. Now there is more film on our QBs and their issues. Thanks a lot Dabo. Luckily we do have all world WRs to keep you guys fooled into thinking our QBs are supreme talents.

Id bench Feaster forever and keep red shirt Lawrence this year.

Didn't mean to TU this***

Sep 17, 2018, 12:05 PM

Re: We are #1

Sep 17, 2018, 12:35 PM [ in reply to We are #1 ]

Bold statements for a rookie. Keep it up and your lifetime on this board will be very short.

You do know that NCAA rules require each team to provide complete video footage of two most recent games to the opposition, right? Not a big deal, but the idea that somehow GaSou "exposed" some previously unknown flaws in our QBs' games, and "now there's film on it" is ludicrous. You can never count on hiding your game. You must improve or at least vary it, because people learn it.

That's why a one-dimensional QB is so hard to win with.

Re: We are #1

Sep 17, 2018, 1:11 PM

Yes Sir!!! Thank you for putting me in my place. I will now get back to telling everyone that Texas A&M had more 5 stars and 4 stars than we did.

I prefer Kelly Bryant with our OL every game over TL. I hope we can find some consistency moving forward. Until then, I will call it like I see it.

Got no problem with that. Nobody

Sep 17, 2018, 1:14 PM

wants to look like #2 anyway.

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic