Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 965

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Mar 25, 2019, 8:06 AM

Friday night, spent a lot of money but got a new lawnmower, trimmer, and some other stuff for the house.

Saturday avoided spending any money at Lowes. Got the trimmer ready to go and lawn mower mostly ready, changed some locks. Scraped off some caulk.

Sunday, back to Lowes for more money spending. This time on paint stuff. Began patching a hole in some drywall, removed some wall paper, had dinner at Chicora Alley in TR.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could have been better

Mar 25, 2019, 8:11 AM

Fri - got home around 12:30, tried to cut grass, battery dead, charged battery, mower no start, ordered parts

Sat - McJr's 5 year old birthday party. All day event, but I left early to take MsJr home for bottle and nap. Watched some basketball and fishing.

Sun - Church, cut part of front yard with push mower for 90 mins, played with kids and watched Clemson loose the baseketball game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you need a riding mower.***

Mar 25, 2019, 8:32 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See Friday afternoon...***

Mar 25, 2019, 8:34 AM

Apparently I though you magically got the parts.

Mar 25, 2019, 8:55 AM

I've no idea how long it will take me to mow my new yard.

first time posting in this in a while

Mar 25, 2019, 8:15 AM

Friday - nothing of note
Saturday - Went out and bought a band saw to make Cid40 a little table and chair. Turnt out great. 3 coats of poly in and I think I will give it a couple more. Went to the nike outlet and bought her some little take-a-knees
Sunday - went to the dog park. washed the vehicles

I forgot

Mar 25, 2019, 1:28 PM

I left out the part where a nail went into my knee and under my skin for 1.5". I have a 3/4 piece of plywood in the shed with a bunch of 2" 18ga nails sticking out due to once being used as a bench top in the dining room. My shed is pretty packed full so I had moved this into my main walking path. I took a step and mis-judged and my knee hit one of the nails. Left a clean hole and you can see where it went under my skin. Hurts like a #####. Kinda feels similar to the days after I got knee surgery 2 years ago.

Spring wasn't the only thing that sprung this weekend

Mar 25, 2019, 8:18 AM

Solid weekend.

Friday leave work and go run the Greenway Uptown, got 5+ miles in and it was gorgeous. Hit up Nothing Bundt Cakes and then meet the Family at the mall to take Daughter to the American Girl Store. She turned 8 and this was one of her presents. Then family dinner at Maggiano's cause we had a gift card. Meh food, but only cost me about $20 after gift card. Daughter was happy, boys were tired, so I took them home. Wife and daughter stayed and did a little shopping. Got lucky.

Saturday up for gym session, skipped running, then breakfast with the boys. Daughter went to a friend's birthday party and went home. Little clean up, little prep, then Daughter had her birthday party. Friends & Family came to the church where we had it. Harry Potter theme cause that is what she is into. Was at Party and Cleaning up for 5 hours, then Millstone for Pizza and Beers.

Sunday up for Church, lunch, and then Groceries. Then cut grass, drank beer, and sat on the new porch for a few hours. Nice to see Spring. Was going to get lucky again, but daughter woke up then wife fell asleep while waiting on daughter to go back to sleep. Stupid cockblocking kids. Got two episodes of Shameless in though, waiting on what never happened.

7/10 but would have ranked higher if daughter slept better.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing Bundt Cakes ..... YUM***

Mar 25, 2019, 8:40 AM

Red Velvet was her choice, but to be honest, you cannot go

Mar 25, 2019, 8:47 AM

wrong with any of the flavors. I practically celebrate their entire collection.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers lost but I didn't die.

Mar 25, 2019, 8:20 AM

Fri - Basketball and libations

Sat - Basketball and libations

Sun - Basketball and libations

Mon - Fly to Miami.

8/10 (-2 for hoops and baseball bad losses)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Don’t check my post history.

Mar 25, 2019, 8:21 AM

Friday- played basketball with the kids and I’m still paying for it.

Saturday- purchased some more of those expensive beers and proceeded to consume them while preparing a fine meal for the family and watching basketball. Things got a little blurry somewhere along the way and I scattered nonsense about the place.

Sunday- went clothes shopping for the oldest cause the little turd spiked up about 3 inches in the past 3 months. No fun was had by all. Tried out a new pizza place and was disappointed.

10/10 that some version of this weekend will happen again.

Not terrible

Mar 25, 2019, 8:26 AM

Fri - Met flow0440 downtown Aiken for some beers, but managed to take it easy. Made it out to the local dump later for the regular Fri night karaoke.

Sat - Annual Spring Steeplechase. Saw some folks that I hadn't seen in a while, lots of chicks dressed up and looking good (see flow's picture on WSB), drank some beers, went to friends house for a bit afterwards, home and crash.

Sun - Lazy af for a good bit of the day. Younger brother that is totally useless with "stuff around the house" asked for some help getting new ceiling fans up. Hung two fans, drank two of his beers as payment, went and ate mexican food for supper. Home and in bed early because tired from day before.

No redhead things so that sucked, tired af today, but overall good weekend - 7.5/10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Friday: Worked late

Mar 25, 2019, 8:29 AM

Saturday: Went to Columbia for work. Stayed a couple of hours in the Lexington area. Told wife of, that since she went with me to work we would do whatever she wanted that day. Well she picked out this hole in the wall japanese buffet. CharlesBarkleyTuuuurbile.gif. I've had better food come out from under my car seat. Looked like the sushi had meat that they couldn't put on the bar. One looked like teriyaki beef jerky.

After that disappointment we went to downtown Columbia. Where, once again, my wife couldn't make a decision on what she wanted to do. So we finally gave up. Went to Green's then went home.

Sunday: Shipped kids off to church. Started watching Arrested Development. It's ok. Once the kids got back home, we spent the rest of the day outside swinging, walking around the pond planting strawberry plants under the grapevine.

Got the garage cleaned out. Figured I would do one project on my Easter break to do list each weekend. That way I won't have #### to do when I get all of that time off.

Overall: 5/7 plus benefits.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Mar 25, 2019, 8:32 AM

Friday
* Drove to Alpharetta with SarahAdidas
* Ate at Smokey Joe's BBQ in Alpharetta. Dang good.
* Went back to the hotel and banged.

Saturday
* Went to breakfast at Another Broken Egg in Alpharetta. I had the blackberry cream cheese stuffed French Toast and wife had skrimp and grits. Top notch place!
* Went to Orpheus Brewing. It was cool.
* Went to the Atlanta Aquarium. It was packed full of people, but pretty cool.
* Went to Terrapin Station and bought a new tie-dyed ABB shirt.
* Went to Hop City and spent $150 on various beers from the Atl. Area. Tropicalia, among others.
* Ate dinner at El Rey Del Taco, following Willmo®'s recomendation. Homerun. This place was rediculously good. One of the best meals ever.
* Got some Bubble Tea at Kung Foo Tea, across the street from El Rey Del Taco. I've never had that before, and probably won't get it again. Weird.
* Went back to hotel. Too full to bang.

Sunday
* Banged in the morning.
* Went to BB's Bagels for breakfast in Atl. It was off the hook. We both had corned beef hash and eggs and homefries. It came with a french-toast bagel. Since it was our first time, they gave us a sack of bagels to-go for free.
* Drove to Camden, picked up the kids, spent some time with MamaAdidas.
* Drove home, cut grass and found that my septic tank was backed up...... to be continued.

9.5/10. Best food ever, minus 0.5 for pending septic tank adventure.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Did it back up into thehouse? Parents did this about 6

Mar 25, 2019, 8:34 AM

months ago and it was a truly shitty situation.

No, thank God.

Mar 25, 2019, 8:39 AM

In our house, the only things going to the septic tank are the two bathrooms. Two showers, two shiiters, and two sinks. All other water in the house discharges to the gray water system.

We were gone all weekend and came home to a soggy yard around the septic tank.

Either the septic tank is "full" or not... not 100% sure at the moment. More investigation to follow.

My biggest question is... since we were gone all weekend... where is the water coming from??? My best guess is the old toilet is running. You can hear it running every hour or so, so there's a slight slight leak... but not enough to expect a soggy yard. I wonder if SarahAdidas didn't leave it running wide open (maybe it got hung up or something) and it ran like that for a day or so before correcting itself.... I know that's a stretch, but otherwise I can't figure it out.

Even if the tank was full of sludge, a weekend of no water should have allowed the standing water to dry up, I would think...

This tank hasn't been pumped in over a decade, so it's probably due.

This is what I would do to fix septic tank

Mar 25, 2019, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

That way I wouldn't get no #### on me.

It was surprisingly cheap when my parents had a problem

but we did the labor of digging up the top, etc. Pumping it out was about $250 IIRC. Dude could have charged $750 and my parents would have HAD to pay it. Late on a Friday for a Holiday weekend with poop backing up into the house....Mom was pumped that was all she had to pay.

Re: This is what I would do to fix septic tank

Mar 25, 2019, 8:41 AM [ in reply to This is what I would do to fix septic tank ]

I'm thinking the same thing.

I'll probably dig it up and do some poking around to make sure that's the issue.... but after watching a few DYI septic tank pumping videos (which were hilarous, btw), I think I'll fork out the few hunny bucks.

glad you liked it***

Mar 25, 2019, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Thx 4 aksing!

Laid back Friday....Cut grass front lawn, sat in sun on back porch, had some leftover messican and tequila, watched Bball...
Sat had friends visit from T-Town to attend nuther frens 60 bday. Low country boil, great band that played Zepp, Pink Floyd and Prince....got drunk
Sun - bfast at Mon Ami, always great, sanded and put two coats PU on front door, watched Bball, didnt drink alcohol, grilled Mahi for dinner.

Mar 25, 2019, 8:44 AM
DSC09632.jpg(125.4 K)
DSC09786.jpg(104.3 K)
DSC09999.jpg(119.5 K)

I hate my place of employment pretty bad so I took Friday off to go play in the snow. I broke my top speed record on skis thanks to the ice at Sugar Mtn. My new top speed is 41.6mph with a sustained speed of 34mph. Thank you @DGUARCHITECT for the app recommendation.

I only had 5 runs Friday b/c I decided to take my camera and spend most of the time hanging out on the slope like a snowboarder and taking pics of random people. I had a ton (there were only like 150 people there) stop and ask where they can see their pics. So I've put a plan in place to pursue action photography in the winter months

LOOK AT ALL THAT ACTION!!

Saturday I worked in the morning from home then spent the afternoon designing a logo for myself, ordering business cards and setting a few other things up for this venture.

Afterward we celebrated at Monkey Wrench BBQ in TR. After dinner I scouted a few spots at Furman to shoot upcoming prom pics then home to finish up season 6 of GoT

Sunday I was up at the asscrack of dawn and headed to Cola to watch gf's daughter take 1st place overall at the state gymnastics meet. I took pics of that as well and was bombarded with parents wanting pics of their kids. These type events hire photographers to shoot but don't restrict spectators from taking their own pics.

After that we had a interstate steakhouse meal with the family then home for day time sex and a nap. Started season 7 of GoT and that ended my weekend.

First pic is so good, it looks fake.***

Mar 25, 2019, 9:13 AM

Are you saying it looks shopped?***

Mar 25, 2019, 12:11 PM

Mar 25, 2019, 8:46 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Before-you-askbuckle-up-Im-long-winded-as-usual-1893817?tstart=0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You forgot this one

Mar 25, 2019, 9:22 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Take-a-break-drift-over-to-the-lounge-and-check-this-out-25235059

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Directing attention to an old man's point hoaring is rude.***

Mar 25, 2019, 9:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sawlid.

Mar 25, 2019, 8:46 AM

Friday, got up at 5 am and departed Telluride in whiteout conditions. Figured out what a 4Runner is actually good at as I passed the snow plow because he was going too slow for my liking.

Made it to Boulder by noon for son of’s tour of University of Colorado. What a badasss campus. Beautiful school that he ended up loving, and what a cherry on top that the out of state tuition is triple the in-state. Went to Oskar Blues taproom for dinner with fam where the mediocrity of the beers was made up for by the fact they were $3/pint during happy hour.

Drove to airport and checked in at Westin attached to the Denver airport. A lot of foreigners stay here. Foreign women apparently wear semi-thongs at hotel pools. If A + B = C, then hotel pools are fun.

Saturday, walked out door of hotel and into terminal (glorious) at 6 am, touchdown in Nashville at 10am. Chill d and watched basketball rest of day.

Sunday...skipped church because exhausted, slept till 11. Took daughter and other girls on lax team to Vandy lax game. They had on-field clinic after game with Vandy players. Daughter-of was only goalie there so she basically got private lesson with Vandy goalies. She was crushing it, and I notice coach walking over to watch her. After, coach flags me down and asked all about her, what grade, etc. Tells me she’s the type of goalie she recruits, ends up pairing me up with one of the goalies for additional work....I see dollars staying in my pocket which is good, and daughter of gets a confidence boost she really needed. Score.

Early dinner at local bbq place....burnt ends over cheese grits. Cottdam they were good.

10/10 wood do again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are so white***

Mar 25, 2019, 8:48 AM

Re: sawlid.

Mar 25, 2019, 10:20 AM [ in reply to sawlid. ]

Airort hotels always have a boat load of foreigners. Foreigners bring in the majority of bed bugs. Just say no to any and all airport hotels.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rolled right along until Sunday

Mar 25, 2019, 9:00 AM

Friday - dinged around, watched some sports and I too scrapped my caulk at some point

Saturday - up early to West Cooterville to help judge some bbq to award the SC Ag Commissioner's Cup. Had some great pork and some above average ribs. Stopped by Green's Discount Beverage and picked up a box full of snooty IPAs then home to start consumption of said IPAs.

Sunday - when I wasn't watching one Clemson athletic team or another get beat I was dragging brush down to teh powerline right of way.

Not bad

Mar 25, 2019, 9:03 AM

Friday: Grilled burgers for Red and I. Relaxing night in. We watched the movie "Allied", which I had never heard of before, but I really enjoyed.

Saturday: I tried my hand at cutting and hanging crown moulding. Since my half bath, where I started, turned out to be not square, it was a bit of a pain. Quite a learning curve, but once you get it, you get it. Hung the trim, added the caulking, threw up some paint and now we have a half bath with crown molding.

Sunday: Worked for about three hours and cut the grass in the back yard. Red and I went to see Jordan Peele's "Us". Both enjoyed it. "Get Out" was better, but this has its place. Its not nearly as scary as I would have liked though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I was working for the Glouse brothers building a house...

Mar 25, 2019, 9:21 AM

in Smithfield. About the time we finished the framing and set the windows Ed McClure (Tony's dad) came by to look at the work. He was building a house for Tony just up the street. Ed hired me to sheetrock the house and bragged that it was the best drywall work he'd ever seen then asked me if I could help his trim.

When we started the job I didn't know how to cope a corner so I walked down to where Frank and Gerald were still piddling around and got Gerald to show me how to cope trim. I returned to the McClure house then Ed and I proceeded to install the entire down stairs, minus the closets, with trim. It was beautiful when finished, perfect.

Frank and Gerald came in and informed us that it was all upside down. Ed and I laughed as we set nails and puddied the nail sets. The professional's price for trimming a house and setting the doors was $1.25/sf of floor space back then. The trim job would have cost Ed about 2500 bucks. He got out paying me 15 dollars/hr and we did it in four days.

Fortunately didn't have to cope

Mar 25, 2019, 9:29 AM

That compound miter saw handles all the cuts for me. My issue was figuring out the walls werent square and which way to bevel and miter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

The weekend beat me like a rented mule

Mar 25, 2019, 9:07 AM

wearing a Clemson basketball uniform.

Friday, took the day off because there were eleventy-nine things to do to get ready for mom-in-law's funeral. Mrs. Tig decided we needed to clean our house from top to bottom so that was an all day chore on Friday. All of the Indiana crew started rolling in late Friday afternoon, so we had to go to York and get everyone settled in since they were all staying at mom-in-law's house. Finally got back home after 10, sat down and watched some basketball and crashed.

Saturday, got a few chores done, then Mrs. Tig's best pal came up from Florida and they went to check on the Indiana crew and then go set up at the funeral home for the visitation. Got to the funeral home around 1:15 with the family, visitation from 2-4, then back to mom-in-law's house for the wake, which for Indiana folk could be mistaken for a hootenanny. I did the good husband/son-in-law thing and basically became a bed and breakfast manager until late, when I knew I wasn't going to have to run any more errands, find something for someone, clean something up, fix a plate of food for someone, etc. I never got around to getting any beers so I was stuck drinking Miller Lite until Joonyer left and I rode home with him after 1 am. Mrs. left around 11:30 because she was exhausted and I stayed to make sure those Midwestern heathens didn't burn anything down.

Sunday, slept in as long as the dog allowed, got up and drank coffee, then the Mrs. and I went back over to mom-in-law's and cleaned up everything. Had the Clemson basketball game on while I worked so at least there was some comic relief. Finally left around 5:30 and went to the grocery store, got home about 7:30. Ate leftover breakfast casserole cold, flopped in the Big Chair, watched Walking Dead, and then crashed like Clemson's NIT hopes.

I don't think I can even quantify the blur of the last three days. One thing I will say though...the family seems to be getting through it even better than I could hope for. I guess having an entire week to deal with the emotions and grief made the weekend a much smoother process. So there's that.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I kinda feel guilty that my weekend was so good.

Mar 25, 2019, 9:11 AM

I'm feeling for you good folks, bro.

Much appreciated!***

Mar 25, 2019, 9:15 AM

Mar 25, 2019, 9:09 AM

Saturday: Wife filled rinse reservoir of dishwasher with concentrated Dawn. Have washed about 20 "loads" all weekend trying to work it all out. I've also repeatedly poured water in the same place getting it to overflow to work a little out. Grrr.

Sunday: slept in. Planted a big ### tree in the front yard. Went to 5 Guys. Sold an old bedroom set. Lounged around. Watched some hoops.

Really didn't do much of anything this weekend.

meh/10

Was Mrsallen 7spots or something?***

Mar 25, 2019, 9:14 AM

Sadly, no.***

Mar 25, 2019, 9:41 AM

this sounds like an episode of Anna Nicole or Honey boo-boo.***

Mar 25, 2019, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9/10

Mar 25, 2019, 9:15 AM

Fri: Went to cut grass. Lawnmower no starty start. Went and bought new spark plug, changed it out, BAM, fired right up. (My first guess never fixes this kind of problem...) Cut grass and admired the yellow clouds.

Sat morning: Charged up battery in 2000 model Tundra I use for taking shid to the dump, etc. Cleaned garage & got a load of stuff ready to take to dump. Put freshly charged battery in Tundra and the fokker would not start. Battery terminal connectors seemed a little crusty so bought some new ones, replaced them, and BAM the truck started right up. (2/2 on fixing shid that doesnt normally fix easily)

Sat night: Went and bought a lottery ticket b/c 2/2 above. Ha Ha. Not so fast on the luck train there DireTiger.

Sun: Church at 8, home by 9:15. Farted around, played with kids, and napped rest of day.

Would be 10/10 but did not win $650M.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Enjoyed what appeared to be the last weekend of quiet on the

Mar 25, 2019, 9:42 AM

lake. Was really just kind of a blur, rode around on the boat, fished a little bit, yelled at some idiots plowing through the no wake zone at the marina. I truly think this will be one of the last few years we'll be able to legally drink while driving a boat, these kind of people are going to ruin it for everyone, and Anderson county sheriff just bought a new boat. Writing is on the wall.

The entire weekend felt like it only lasted 4 hours.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1/10.......Shoulda swept BC.......'Nuff Said

Mar 25, 2019, 9:46 AM

And hoopty hoops' weekend was nothing to boast about.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2019, 10:16 AM

Friday - free food and booze started at MGM Detroit at 12:30, did that until 4pm. Disney on ice with kids and wife after boozing it....not too bad of an idea, but wasnt great either. Great Pizza from MIke's Pizza Bar in LCA. Lot of basketball watching

Saturday - son won the little 400 meter race at the half marathon expo. went out to lunch, naps, leftovers for dinner, basketball.

Sunday - wife placed in age group in her race, I watched with kids and almost froze to death. Then lunch and naps. Everyone napped while I listened to basketball on the internet and cleaned out the garage. THREW OUT a TON of SHIIIT. I mean a ton. Place is clean as a whistle.

Monday - feeling like a gazillion dollars. No alcohol Saturday and Sunday mixed with a good workout and steam room/hot tub. I am ready to conquer the world.

7/10 ---- would be a 10, but allergies are kicking my ####

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazing!

Mar 25, 2019, 10:17 AM

Eldest Son of Father G got hitched to a wonderful woman.

Beautiful weather, beautiful ceremony, great food and good times with family.

'nuff said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2019, 10:19 AM

Thursday redeye from LA landed at 6:30 Friday morning. Enough time that day to get home, take a longer-than-expected nap, slap a paint of coat on my parents' division pinewood derby car, then go man the weigh-in station for Saturday's derby.

Saturday up somewhat early to be there for final set-up at 8:30, was helping the other Bear Den leader run the races. Aside from the difficulty of the other lead deciding to randomly renumber the cars as he was putting them into the derby software, and having to reset the lineups, the event went smoothly. From finishing near the bottom and crying last year, sonof- put a lot more thought and effort into his car this year. Drew his design (I cut it, he's only 8 and was scared of the bandsaw), he sanded and painted and told me where he wanted the weights (after a brief physics lesson regarding potential and kinetic energy :)). Sonof- finished 4th out of 33 total cars, had 3 heat wins out of the 8 heats before he was elimianted, and the top ranked from his den. So proud.
I finished 3rd in the Parents' Division out of 14 cars. Had the fastest time of any individual heat (2.965 seconds) but averaged 3.052 across 7 heats. Winner averaged 3.006 across 9 heats.

Saturday afternoon I watched sonof-'s i9 coach pitch team get walloped by a team whose coach was more intent on winning and berating than teaching the game. Felt bad for our kids, but I love our coach. Every moment is a teaching moment, including how to lose with dignity when you're getting blown out.

Sunday was normal, slow day. Laundry, grocery, church and dinner out. All while sneaking in both the UNC-CH game and the Clemson game despite sonof's pleas to want to watch Into the Spiderverse (while playing Fortnite with his headphones on). Sorry to see the Tiggers lose, but it's tough when you're without one of your better shooters. That game proved how much Shelton Mitchell meant to that team all season.

All in all, a good weekend. Back on a plane this morning. The gogo sucks, but is working, unlike the headrest entertainment system which has rebooted itself twice now in the first hour of the flight. Good job, Delta.

(Oh, and Zion totally got away with a push-off on that last offensive sequence for Dook. But I don't think any ref would ever make that call in any game ever, unless it was a Tiger against a Tobacco Road team....)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Mar 25, 2019, 10:24 AM

Pretty good.
Friday: didn't do much. Grilled Salmon and potatoes. Drank a few beers and watched basketball.

Saturday: worked some. cleaned house while cooking Kenny's Camp Stew for Oyster Roast. Went to Oyster Roast and had a great time.

Sunday: Church and ate dinner with mom. Picked up Myfavjr. at three. Watched race with him while folding clothes. Threw baseball then watched him ride 4-wheeler. Grilled steaks, drank couple of beers and watched basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spent it in Cashiers with the hoi polloi. Played goof at

Mar 25, 2019, 11:00 AM

Trillium...drank at ugly canine

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Pretty good!...

Mar 25, 2019, 11:03 AM

Friday - Had morning/lunch meeting in Aiken and then met Big Daddy for some afternoon beers. Kept it together and went over to a buddy's house and ate pizza and watched basketball and in bed by midnight.

Saturday - Aiken Steeplechase - perfect weather and a lot of dressed up wimmins. Drank a lot of beer and ate a lot of good food. Had some awesome ribs that a buddy of mine smoked...came from Aldis and they were likely the meatiest ones I've ever had. Will try Aldis for myself soon. Long day of drinking. Hit on 4 of the the 6 races. Went to friend's house for more drinking and a poker tournament, which was excruciatingly slow 'cause wimmins were playing.

Sun - Went by to see Dad-of in Aiken before heading out of town. He's alive and kicking, but not by a whole lot. Wife and kids-of went to Augusta and Charleston cause out of school on Fri and today, so had the place to myself when I got home. Made some pizza and hung out with dog-of and watched some BB, incl 2 horrible no-calls at the end of Duke's game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heart the steeplechase

Mar 25, 2019, 11:10 AM

When Dad worked at OCF we always went. Perfect weather. BEAUTIFUL HORSES AND WIMMENS.

Well

Mar 25, 2019, 11:05 AM

I hate pollen. Period.
Friday- Wife went to Emergency Room. Still there. Her sister is with her. Been home alone. This big old house gets lonely.
Saturday- 6 year old granddaughter's birthday party. Wow. Like a bee hive. Afterwards took the wife some things she needed.
Sunday- Tigers lost. Sadness. I hate Wichita State.
Monday- Stupid color cartridge is stuck in printer. I hate Canon printers.
Hope wife comes home today. That is all.

very bad and only going to get worse

Mar 25, 2019, 12:39 PM

spent yesterday with my Mom at the hospital watching her die. She was able to talk to me early in the morning which was very nice but the rest of the day was just hanging out watching her sleep and repeatedly telling my Dad what was going on. Me and my brother bugged out last night when my other brother showed up for the death watch

Heard today that she has not been responsive and may not even make it out of there to hospice care. I am pretending to work but will probably bail and go be with my brother and Dad and my sister showing up later today. I am afraid that when my Mom does die this week, my Dad will not have the will to live. I guess that is how you feel when you have been married for 69 years!

Sorry to bring down the mood, catch everyone later

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear, stay strong!***

Mar 25, 2019, 1:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear***

Mar 25, 2019, 1:20 PM [ in reply to very bad and only going to get worse ]

Sorry to hear that man...I'm dealing...

Mar 25, 2019, 1:24 PM [ in reply to very bad and only going to get worse ]

with a bit of the same thing in my family (Dad declining) and I know it is tough.

All you can do is remember the good times, hopefully rejoice in the life well-lived, and do what you can to make it as easy on her as you can.

I'll keep your family in my prayers.

I’m sorry to hear that Willmo.

Mar 25, 2019, 1:33 PM [ in reply to very bad and only going to get worse ]

I hope you and your family can find comfort in each other and friends through this difficult time.

Sorry to hear that. Good vibes to your family this week and

Mar 25, 2019, 1:39 PM [ in reply to very bad and only going to get worse ]

in the future with this. Hopefully your Dad can do OK with it, but I understand how it would be devastating.

You get your ### back to the hospital, young man!

Mar 25, 2019, 1:50 PM [ in reply to very bad and only going to get worse ]

Work will be there tomorrow or whenever you get back.

BTW, God bless you and your family in this hurtful time.

Mar 25, 2019, 1:51 PM

May he comfort you as much as you can be comforted now.

You and your family get all my vibes today brother.

Mar 25, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to very bad and only going to get worse ]

Get up and go NOW. It's torture to go through, but you'll want to be there for your mom, your family, and you.

I am there

Mar 25, 2019, 6:06 PM

Doing the right thing

Hang in there that’s not a easy thing to go through. *****

Mar 25, 2019, 4:18 PM [ in reply to very bad and only going to get worse ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T's and P's for you and your family

Mar 25, 2019, 7:14 PM [ in reply to very bad and only going to get worse ]

been there many times and family comes first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

solid finish to an otherwise routine weekend

Mar 25, 2019, 3:32 PM

had to attend 1 yr old grandsons birthday
missed all clemson losses

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow.

Mar 25, 2019, 4:45 PM

I mean, there were enough losses to go around that you could have caught at least ONE of them.

7/10

Mar 25, 2019, 3:55 PM

Friday evening I took my son and his out for seafood ( she bitched a lot, of course).

Saturday my son and I volunteered at his scout church to load pine needles for customers. Proud of how hard he worked.
After that I took him to test for his first belt in martial arts. That went well too.

Sat. afternoon I rode my bike before watching basketball.

Listened to Church on Sunday morn and then took my son to his beat friends birthday party.

Rode my bike and then hurried back to pick him up after the party.

Great to have a sunny weekend!

Not bad.

Mar 25, 2019, 3:57 PM

Didn't work, got drunk, went out on the boat, got sun burnt.

Best part was I didn't work.

10/10 for not working.

good

Mar 25, 2019, 4:24 PM

Deer things, turkey scouting, and arrow head hunting Saturday

Took kids to the park Sunday afternoon.

Got through season 4 of Black List. Found out there’s a felon in VA that had everything going for him until he got wrapped up with his brother. He EVEN HAD A SOCCER SCOLLY AT CLEMSON!!! Hard to believe but true. Hollywood true, not real life true. Or is it? I don’t know any more.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm still alive.

Mar 25, 2019, 4:41 PM

All is whale. Bought groceries for mom. Bought groceries for casa Tiggity. Went and saw Dad. Went to church. Oldest became an official Webelo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good

Mar 25, 2019, 7:30 PM

Friday: Worked. The heathen protestant made shrimp for dinner, because Lent.

Saturday: Just took care of some stuff around the house. Had a fire in the pit and a few beers.

Sunday: Did some yard clean up and gashed my forehead with a branch. The GSon asked me what happened at his birthday party that evening. I told him Oma hit me. I immediately got the you're a dead man when we get home look. I've survived so far, but was afraid to fall asleep last night.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 71
| visibility 965
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic