Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have to admit I am only now looking into Travis Etienne's...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Have to admit I am only now looking into Travis Etienne's...

Sep 18, 2017, 11:12 AM

stats from high school. I knew we beat out LSU and UT for him but I also knew he was a late offer (i.e. not the #1 target).

Last year Etienne had 244 touches for 2933 yards and 40 TDs. That's 12 yards per carry and averaged a TD every 6 carries! God Lord!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good***

Sep 18, 2017, 11:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Have to admit I am only now looking into Travis Etienne's...

Sep 18, 2017, 11:35 AM

He also wore a Metallica tshirt to his signing and was committed to Texas A&M at one point .

Etienne is actually pronounced " A-T- M " by the way ...because he's so MONEY !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 18, 2017, 11:54 AM

I'll say it again, "Travis Etienne is going to be special".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once he learns the playbook ... he will be unbelievable !!***

Sep 18, 2017, 11:58 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Have to admit I am only now looking into Travis Etienne's... ]

Really going out there on a limb arent ya?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 1:12 PM

way out!!! ;) Nah...I just mentioned earlier in August that I thought he was going to be really good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 11:57 AM

And likely why the coaches have not scrambled when the rb from NC signed with UGA. This year's small class, plus already having a young thoroughbred in the barn = No Worries.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 12:05 PM

We will have all 4 back next year unless Fuller or Choice decide to move on after graduation. However, we for sure will lose Choice and Fuller after next year (2018). If Feaster breaks out, next year could be his last year, meaning Etienne would come in to 2019 as a Junior and as of now, the only RB. It's critical to get a RB this year or we will have Etienne and two freshmen on roster in 2019.

Sep 18, 2017, 9:27 PM

Someone forward this post to Z White please.. Surely he would pick us over UGA if he really appreciated our future RB depth!?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GET THIS MAN ON THE COACHING STAFF ASAP!!!!

Sep 18, 2017, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Have to admit I am only now looking into Travis Etienne's... ]

ASAP

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Staff still loves what they have in Rencher

Sep 18, 2017, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Have to admit I am only now looking into Travis Etienne's... ]

We're recruiting 2019 backs who seem to be ready to play right away. Feaster leaving early just doesn't seem likely to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Have to admit I am only now looking into Travis Etienne's... ]

Two young thoroughbreds in the barn.

Fixed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On his long TD run, his rocket booster speed was insane.

Sep 18, 2017, 11:59 AM

When he hit the after burners ETN was gone. Very impressive for a 210lb True fresh RB.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 12:02 PM

For reference Etienne was 2nd on Alabamas board behind the guy they ended up getting last year.

Our staff was turned on to him late in the process by ole friend Burton Burns who used to be the RB coach here but is now at Alabama. Guess Alabama didn't want to have to play him in conference every year if he ended up going to LSU

^^^I was just about to mention this...

Sep 18, 2017, 12:10 PM

Bama did indeed have him at 2 and tipped off our coaches once they got their #1.

Kid is going to be very special.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 12:21 PM

I am pretty sure LSU knew what they had there, and it was not until we cooled on Cordarrian Richardson that his name even came up. Regardless, we lucked out. He was a borderline 5 star that was overlooked by the recruiting services because he went to small school, and I imagine was being kept a secret by the coaches.

win for us.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban also helped steer him from LSU

Sep 18, 2017, 12:23 PM

because he didn't want to have to see him 3-4 times.

Re: Saban also helped steer him from LSU

Sep 18, 2017, 12:25 PM

maybe , or les miles losing his job could have swayed him. Regardless, he was the best kept secret in the SE this last recruiting cycle and we got him. and if you Watch his HS interviews, he is the most humble kid on the planet. I do not think he even knew how good he was until he started getting offers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saban also helped steer him from LSU***

Sep 18, 2017, 2:59 PM

probably so. Saban knew if he played for LSU, bama might not make it to the sec championship game.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

He is just going to have to see him when it counts.....***

Sep 18, 2017, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Saban also helped steer him from LSU ]

Well Saban did a terrible job

Sep 18, 2017, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Saban also helped steer him from LSU ]

he may still see him 3-4 times on a bigger stage.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 18, 2017, 12:56 PM

I thought Feaster had the same kind of speed and breakaway but we haven't seen it yet

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 3:17 PM

Feaster was the star RB at my alma-mater high school Spartanburg Vikings and he is very fast! Spartanburg High actually had quite a few notable alumni. Steven Davis, Steve Fuller both came out of there. The fastest high school RB I ever saw there was named Carnie Norris, who is today a criminal in prison for murder. He might have went pro also, but he made the mistake of choosing Georgia to accept a scholarship and they had a guy named Herschel Walker playing there. The man went from being a super star in high school to riding the bench being 2nd string to a heisman winner and never got any recognition. After college his life went down hill.

I wouldn't and couldn't say he wasn't our top target.

Sep 18, 2017, 3:02 PM

This wouldn't be the first time Dabo sniffed out a problem with a commit and traded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic