Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm no Redskin fan but I hope they don't .....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

I'm no Redskin fan but I hope they don't .....

Jul 3, 2020, 3:00 PM

cave and change the name. Ashburn Maddog®

<###### async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snyder has held firm through this crap before

Jul 3, 2020, 3:05 PM

hopefully he does it again. Kind of ironical Nike is standing up for a name change by not selling Redskins stuff. Guess the Uigher Muslims China is forcing into slavery to make Nikes will get a day off?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know. My thing is as you can see from the Tweet..........

Jul 3, 2020, 3:13 PM

the Blackfeet nation helped design the log.

Just like The Seminole Nation is all in with FSU. They honor them IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And then of course, there is this....

Jul 3, 2020, 3:18 PM

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/arizona-navajo-high-school-washington-redskins-161407621.html
http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Sports/USA_Today/20141012_lbm_ak4_351.JPG-2dc88098aa15718ebd985c1e3de9e4d0">

Schools on reservations using the name.

Some of the other names suggested were warriors or natives.

Jul 3, 2020, 3:09 PM

But of course the left thinks the team should disassociate from anything Native American.

Shouldn’t we change the cowboys name then? They killed Indians, shot up saloons, raped women they captured.

Tigers are killers... should we change that too? Let’s make every team have names like Unicorns, Rainbows, Hummingbirds, etc.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah Tigers are killers and endangered. So we might........

Jul 3, 2020, 3:16 PM

be the kittens by next year. They are cuddly, right.

I guarandamntee you a unicorn would kill the crap out of some people.

Jul 3, 2020, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Some of the other names suggested were warriors or natives. ]

Plus almost all of the ones I’ve ever seen have been white. So, that’s out.

Gonna be “Red Tails” for the Tuskegee Airmen.

Jul 3, 2020, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Some of the other names suggested were warriors or natives. ]

Yes, cancel culture sucks because it only goes one way, but after 400 years, there’s bound to be some overcorrection.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gonna go with the Washington Bullets***

Jul 3, 2020, 3:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bullets = guns so no. I meant this ...........

Jul 3, 2020, 3:18 PM

to be sports post. Sorry not sorry P&R Board police.

It's all a blur these days.

Message was edited by: celtic_tiger®

dang...

Jul 3, 2020, 3:35 PM

already got a logo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems Chicago’s NBA team should trade for that name...

Jul 3, 2020, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Gonna go with the Washington Bullets*** ]

{Dang might lose my Woke card with posts like this but couldn’t resist.}

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's good...

Jul 3, 2020, 5:20 PM

I can't figure what you are...I hate labels

I mean, I get that the blackfeet nation helped and all...

Jul 3, 2020, 4:13 PM

but isn't that like having the LA Crackers and saying all white people should be alright with it because the guys at Delaney's Irish Pub helped design the logo and made it look just like Paddy O'Dougall?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

strangely enough...

Jul 3, 2020, 4:23 PM

that wouldn't offend me. I'd probably laugh (like I just did), but maybe that's white privilege talking.

Now if they called themselves, "Red Necks" and used a double-wide in their logo, that might be a little more offensive.

But yeah, I don't see how "Redskins" made it this far. "Chiefs" and "Braves" at least seem to have a more honorable connotation.

I wouldn't be offended by a team called rednecks either

Jul 3, 2020, 4:31 PM

honestly. But I can see where some people would.

Honestly, they could change the name to Blackfoot Warriors or just Warriors. Or something else like that. It's why I think Seminole is different than Redskin.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, hard to defend "Redskins"...

Jul 3, 2020, 4:34 PM

I can't even think of a convoluted defense of it.

Re: yes, hard to defend "Redskins"...

Jul 3, 2020, 4:37 PM

just taking a shot at it....

Yummy goodness?

And seriously, those are my favorite...

Jul 3, 2020, 4:42 PM

Should they be flattered or offended?

they ARE really good...

Jul 3, 2020, 5:23 PM

i say flattered

Yeah, "redskin" has been listed as offensive since the 60's

Jul 3, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't be offended by a team called rednecks either ]

I hope Native Americans are allowed to give input on the controversy and potential name change. I've seen trending an idea to rename the team the 'redtails' after Tuskegee airmen that fought in WW2 and I like that except that it removes what could be a tribute to Native Americans and I'm not sure that's the best idea.

Agree last sentence.***

Jul 3, 2020, 9:57 PM [ in reply to strangely enough... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doug Williams broke some barriers winning the ‘87 SB

Jul 3, 2020, 5:17 PM

for the ‘Skins.

as a Bucs fan...

Jul 3, 2020, 5:22 PM

good for Doug. They mistreated him in Tampa

Also let Steve Young & Trent Dilfer leave and win SBs. But_

Jul 3, 2020, 8:46 PM

Differ’s SB was all about tge Ravens defense. Only SB Winning SB QB not resigned.

I have lived in SW FL for 30 years.

grew up in Tampa

Jul 3, 2020, 9:43 PM

was there for Bucs inaugural season and attended many games over the years. Moved away in the early 90s.

Until Dungy, Bucs always had difficulty being consistent.

I quit following them when they picked up Winston. Looking forward to cheering for them again.

Re: As a lifelong Redskin fan I’m sorta ambivalent

Jul 3, 2020, 8:02 PM

Despite being my favorite team, Snyder has run the organization into the ground. It’s no longer the team I grew up to. Even more ironic is that Snyder wants to move back into D.C. (only after a publicly-funded new stadium is built on the old RFK site). D.C. woke officials have him by the nads. Change the name or keep enjoying that sh*thole Fedex Field. As far as Fedex pressuring the Skins to change their name - screw them. They don’t like it pull the sponsorship. If the Skins cave and change their name I’m out. And BTW what about the Kansas City Chiefs? Where’s the wokes on that one?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^POTD^^^***

Jul 3, 2020, 8:38 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

There will always be Sonny Jurgesen to Charlie Taylor ....***

Jul 3, 2020, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: As a lifelong Redskin fan I’m sorta ambivalent ]

Chiefs vs Redskins

Jul 3, 2020, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: As a lifelong Redskin fan I’m sorta ambivalent ]

Isn’t that like governors vs red necks? Not sure they are the same.

Re: I'm no Redskin fan but I hope they don't .....

Jul 3, 2020, 8:13 PM

My fear here is if the NFL forces out the Redskins, then Thanksgiving is next, and it's my favorite holiday so that won't do.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m sure there are native Americans who dislike the term,

Jul 3, 2020, 11:06 PM

But it seems there are plenty who do like it, are proud of it, or at a minimum are completely indifferent to it. Here’s a small sample. I don’t care either way but it does get old hearing a bunch of whiteys thinking they’re speaking for the minority like they’re the POC Lorax or something.

https://twitter.com/hogfarmerchris/status/1278691974682378242?s=21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m sure there are native Americans who dislike the term,

Jul 4, 2020, 9:46 AM

The guy that said "we do call ourselves skins" its like black people call themselves the N word and thats ok Buuuuuut wypipo cannot do either now. Which is cool I don't use the n word for anything, ever. No need and Im not looking for permission to use it, but it seems POC have taken it on as a term of endearment and use it as a shield. They can't hurt you with it if you embrace it, until wypipo use it. Then its back to square one.

I would hate to see it changed in the manner the issue has been brought to discussion. If a majority Native Americans had a discussion and then brought their feelings/beliefs to the table and asked/demanded the name to be changed, then Im all for it. But FedEx and Nike speaking for a demographic w/o consulting them 1st is just companies strong arming organizations.

Maybe FedEx and Nike did have conversations with Native Americans 1st, I just havent seen details of that and Im open to hearing all of it before I decide how I feel about changing their name.

And what about the Chiefs, the Indians, the Reds, the 46ers, the Seminoles, and while we're at it, the Raiders, Buccaneers, and lord forbid, the Patriots. Has anyone asked lions, tigers or seahawks how they feel about being a mascot? What about Texans? If we're going to draw a line on the slippery slope probably needs to be closer to the very top than somewhere in the middle.

It seems we've entered into a society that pulls the trigger 1st, then wants to have the conversation while the bullet is still in flight. I blame social media for that. I've said for years, Facebook and the like will e the downfall of society.

As someone who doesn't give a rat's poosie...

Jul 4, 2020, 8:01 PM

I don't give a rat's poosie. If they totally ended pro ball I wouldn't notice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic