Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 9, 2020, 7:53 AM

Friday night, off to Greenwood to knock of a stamp on the Upstate Beer Passport that we've had for ages and aren't halfway through.

Saturday, hair cut and yard work. Must have called in an early night because there is nothing worth talking about that happened after 7:30.

Sunday, more yard work. Hung out at Wandering Bard meadery for a bit, then became a couch potato again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rough

Nov 9, 2020, 7:57 AM

Friday was rough.

Saturday was decent but fought toilets all day (leaking not pooping).

Sunday: Work all day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I somehow managed to forget that I had to fix our

Nov 9, 2020, 8:01 AM

shower knob again. When I had them replaced back in September the guy didn't do the seats. (I had them replaced because I managed to break one of the stems and feared I could not get either stem out without destroying my wall) Well yesterday the hot water would not turn off. I got the stem out only to find that there was no washer left. Had been totally eaten up by the seat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

welcome to my hell***

Nov 9, 2020, 8:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Mostly good

Fri - Dad and I fished Lake Russell and caught 36 bass. CFA and Lion King to end the day.

Sat - Cut grass, turned sand box into a corn box, BBQd some delicious hot dogs and hamburgers, stressed the rest of the night

Sun - Church in the morning, spread 30 lbs of fire ant killer, flew a kite

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You gotta swing up Martin Creek and take me fishing

Nov 9, 2020, 8:04 AM

sometime. Only thing I've caught in 2 months is a biggass turtle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I think Brandon Cobb did really well in Martin Creek in a

Nov 9, 2020, 8:19 AM

major tournament?

But I may not fish Hartwell again until Summer, idk.

Welp, the Tigers, Panthers and coots lost but I didn't die.

Friday - got some take out from TD's at the Pier and watched some Wolfpacking.

Sattidy - had some friends over, cooked brats and watched the debacle in South Bend. Prolly drank more than necessary.

Sunday - Led our fraternity alumni, brothers and pledges in an Adopt a Highway pickup on 123 from the lake to the Food Lion. Interesting items found were a $5 bill. a half of a $5 bill, a butcher knike and a couple of DOT road signs. Good turnout for a good cause.

7/10 (plus 3 for AAH, plus 3 for weather minus 9 for loosing)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Good on you.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:11 AM

I know we had a discussion about this before...the group that adopted our road hasn't been seen in years. I'm still doing our road when I walk the dog. I still maintain that far too few groups take it seriously and are happy with getting their name on the sign, but I'm glad to see you guys still put in the work.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alpha Phi Omega is a national service fraternity.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:16 AM

It's what we do.

Mebbe the best thing that was started in the late 70's when I was there is the blood drive for the Shriner's hospital that has since boomed into the Clemson-USC challenge every year.

Man, never took you for a Q dawg. Respect!***

Nov 9, 2020, 11:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bit by fire ants, killed fire ants, mulched - justified beer***

Nov 9, 2020, 8:02 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very foggy

Nov 9, 2020, 8:06 AM

Friday: had HS training session, home before dark, which is early now. Watched some feetsball and headed to bed

Saturday: up early to Cootlumbia for scokker, had a couple of games, saw some good stuff, headed home and stop at Trader Joe's for the first time ever. Nice store, grabbed some hipster food and went home. Cooked a bit, turned on TV around 7, don't recall what happened, must have been a dream.

Sunday: up and feeling like gamecock, definitely on the struggle bus, drove up to Rock Thrill for scokker action, Waze took me from I-20 along the northern shore of Wateree, saw a bunch of these signs around Liberty Hill

Of course, challenged accepted. The best way to get out of a sicko mood is some winding curves winding down and back up the gear box.

Played two games, got a big old QT drink. Did see Greenr he and his huge family were all at a picnic shlter at Manchester Meadows not one mask in sight.

Got back home, did a whole lot of nothing fell asleep

9.9/10

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A crushing blow to weekends everywhere.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:08 AM

Friday, company upgraded the computer so I spent the whole day trying to get it where I needed it and do work at the same time. Had a tall glass of bourbon and ate supper, then fell asleep early in the Big Chair. Work up around 1:30 and went to bed.

Saturday, made grocery run, ran errands, went to watch football with Mom for a couple of hours late afternoon. Caught the end of LOL Tech Hokies game for max entertainment value. Back home to eat and then have my very soul crushed by the Pope. Went to bed angry, hurt, and a little drunk.

Sunday, up and into a morning coffee funk. Watched an old Cary Grant movie, walked the pup, and basically piddled around the house. Joonyer came over for a visit, so caught up with him. Picked up bass and a couple of beers for afternoon band practice. We're playing a short set for our Supper Club this coming weekend so we worked out our set and home by 7. Ate, flopped into Big Chair and watched Walking Deads, crashed.

Not the best weekend, and now I hear they're going to fire my second favorite football coach in the entire state this morning. 11/19 Covids.

Eh.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:14 AM

Friday: passed out on the couch by 9:30 or 10, I think.

Saturday: grabbed a bushel and made use of dad's backyard, even though he was out of town. Good batch of clusters from Beaufort. Lady told me they also had selects/singles from VA and the Gulf. I'm like "I'm not a savage, lady, I want the good stuff."

Watched game a coupla doors down. Why Dabo look like he aged 27 years since BC last week?

Sunday: woke up too early, which meant the rest of the day was zombie couch mode, even though I TRIED to get the wife to round up the kids for a car ride to Mepkin Abbey, or anywhere, just to get out of the house.

A begrudging 5.7/10 because good oystahs and a fun Sattidy besides a game in which everything that could possibly go wrong, went wrong, several times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That looks like a cancerous booger on a cracker.***

Nov 9, 2020, 8:28 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree. It does look a bit like

Nov 9, 2020, 8:29 AM

YOUR FACE.

FACE.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clean your dang nails

Nov 9, 2020, 8:41 AM

Pro Tip: Use soap. HTH

Bro, we're eating things that literally grow in mud.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:52 AM

My fingernail hygiene was of little import on Saturday.

GREAT!! We no longer have a functioning ruhtard as President

Nov 9, 2020, 8:24 AM

praise be Kamala

...is it January already?***

Nov 9, 2020, 8:31 AM

2 Longass months to go***

Nov 9, 2020, 8:34 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RONG BORED MORAN.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:42 AM [ in reply to GREAT!! We no longer have a functioning ruhtard as President ]

[obligatory response]

Amazingly Amazing

Nov 9, 2020, 8:26 AM

Friday - great day at work, then went for a run. Got home and Bass Pro had called and said my gun safe was ready for pickup. Drove the :40 to pick it up and while I was out that way, my bud and I stopped at a bikini bar and had a beer. It was 77 degrees outside, so we say outside and had a good ol time. Got home and with much help from neighbors, got the safe to the basement. Had some more beers with them and we all grilled out and porch hopped while the kids played.

Saturday - got up and blasted my hangover with a good run. basketball game for my son, he scored and it wasnt a gimmie shot either. Twas awesome. He has some serious dribbling skills for a 6 year old. Went to some parks and let the kids play, went to Home Depot and got some yard bags and did some leaf raking. Sent kids to grandparents, wife and I went out to dinner and then came home and watched the game. I dont want to talk about the game.

Sunday - woke up around 8, went and got kids and some more yard bags. Finished up all the leaves and helped my old man neighbor do his yard too. So that felt good and righteous for a Sunday. Washed my car and my wife's car. Then son and I went rode bikes to town for Lunch. I got kind of drunk as we ran into some people we know. Our kids played and we drank. Then we all headed to the playground and the kids played hard and we somehow found ourselves having to-go beers at the park. Kids get tired, ride bikes back home and let the kids chill. I had to sober up which really sucks at like 4pm timeframe. Ate some good burgers for dinner and then watched Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix and then crashed about 9pm.

8.5/10 - Tigers loss made this a sub 9 weekend. Would have been a 10 with a win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 9, 2020, 8:31 AM

Awful.

Friend died of heroin overdose.

Lost game (not as important)

Just overall a shyatt weekend.

Brought 2020 to new lows.

Very sorry to hear.***

Nov 9, 2020, 8:33 AM

Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.***

Nov 9, 2020, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.***

Nov 9, 2020, 8:55 AM

Look him up on Facebook if you want to see who he was. He loved life.

Michael Crowfoot
Superhuman Expeditions

Sorry man, that definitely sucks.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

Did you know they had a problem or was it out of the blue?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry man, that definitely sucks.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:40 AM

He had a problem with drugs in his early 20's. He was 36 and was really into yoga, work, fishing, etc etc. He was a very high energy guy. The world just got to him over the last 6 months and I guess he slipped. Drugs were not his world anymore though. He did do it this time and slipped. It killed him.

sorry to hear about your friend. It's sad when a life ends

Nov 9, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

at such a young age. Prayers for everyone involved.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lax-tactic, football-sucky

Nov 9, 2020, 8:36 AM

Picked up daughter-of early from school on Friday, easy flight to Baltimore. My daughter is really big on exotic foods and enjoying local culinary flavors, so we got Chic-fil-a on the way to the hotel.

3 early games Sat, went 2-1, done by noon. Big plans to go to Annapolis for the afternoon devolved into daughter napping for an hour and some shopping and sports bar dining. Initially thought the Clemson/ND game was great, but upon further review from the replay booth, realize it sucked. PS You guys should spend football season in the Central Time zone....not having games end close to midnight is glorious.

Sunday, 3 more games up near the Delaware line. Thought about driving 15 minutes across the border so my daughter could scratch Delaware off the “states visited” list, but nahhhh. Went 2-1 in amazing 75 degree mid-November mid-Atlantic weather. Had 3 hours to kill before flight so drove to a little town on the coast called Havre de Grace and just walked around, got seafood from a little shack by the docks, good stuff.

Off to Baltimore again next weekend for another tournament, and then last night a team that’s two years older saw her play in MD and asked her to come goalie for them in Tampa in two weekends. Even better, I believe they’re covering travel expenses but I reserve the right to delete and completely deny this line if I find out it’s not kosher.

All in all, really enjoyable weekend, 9.5/10 with .5 deducted for CU game that didn’t make much of a dent in getting to spend some awesome and rare 1-1 time with my daughter.

BTW, quick update on the Autumn of Doom

Nov 9, 2020, 8:55 AM

Not posting this to talk more about me, just know that I got a lot of much appreciated T’s and P’s from you guys a couple weeks ago, and many “How’s it going now” t-mails, so just wanted to update. As I knew it would be, but couldn’t picture how, things are a lot better now.

-Wife has about 5 interviews for positions that are improvements on her eliminated one.
-Dad’s had to go back to hospital twice to have lungs drained (over a half gallon of fluid each time), but he’s finally over the top of the curve and doing really well. I see a good light at the end of the tunnel.
-My grandmother is under hospice care and is comfortable and smiling during all waking hours.
-We are going to move my grandfather to assisted living once she passes and he is ok with that.
-Mom’s come back from the deep end and seems to be functioning human being again, for now.

Again, I appreciate all the positivity you all provided around all this. I have no idea why, but this place really is at it’s best when one of our own is at their worst, and it helps more than you guys know.

Great to hear

Nov 9, 2020, 9:04 AM

BTW, how effed up is LAX that you have to FLY to matches ? Granted, the highest level scokker is nation-wide travel, but it's so effing insane. I think Knoxville is the longest trip I've had for scokker action. Shoot, my team's parents complained about gong to Rock Hill yesterday, of course, I think it's less the travel than having to actually mingle with the denizens of York county

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It does suck, but it's just the nature of the sport.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:15 AM

There are some decent teams in Atlanta, and they have one club team down there that would crush 95% of the teams in the country, but get crushed by the best MD and Long Island teams. It's the downside of a sport still having a regional epicenter but as long as the sport keeps growing, I assume that regional dominance will wane. Talk about sucking, we played one team from San Diego.....that trip would indeed suck.

And you haven't played soccer until you've played Nupote United.

WE DON'T WANT YOU YANKEE TRASH KARENS HERE ANYWAY.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Great to hear ]

JUST MAIL YOUR MONEY TO US AND STAY HOME.

Glad to hear positive updates my brother!***

Nov 9, 2020, 9:05 AM [ in reply to BTW, quick update on the Autumn of Doom ]

Clemson, Panthers, and Arsenal all lost.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:40 AM

I saw my brother and his family and ate takeout pizza with entire family socially distanced in Mom's garage. Drank beers.

Found out that SiL is using WifeofGreenr and I as an example to her kids of the Babykiller Democrats (her words) that would vote for someone other than Trump. Also found out she thinks that the President should only be a Man since that is a Man's job. This explains so much.

Decent Saturday morning run with the boys on their bikes. Fixed two bikes this weekend as well.

Washed truck, thought about taking brush guard off then realized I might be biting off more than I can chew so decided against that. Looks dang nice though, all warshed up, at least for a 10 year old truck.

Wife finished painting fence.

Had Clemson won, it would have been a great weekend. Otherwise, it was just decent. Forgot how much I hate losing. Arsenal sucks though.

Ups & Downs

Nov 9, 2020, 8:41 AM

Ups - Pleasant ride thru countryside Sat midday, good food & beverages all weekend
- Nice weather, that's about it

Downs - #*!%&## ACC officials, CU player injuries, NBC/ND arrogant punks....
- chainsawed a pine tree that was leaning way over after the recent storm, as it started to fall into the woods, it tended to straighten out, and the cut base jumped back at me and hit my left knee, scraped and bruised...p*ssed me off more than anything, but I did have to go clean it up.

4.5/10

Good parts and bad parts...

Nov 9, 2020, 8:42 AM

Friday...worked late. Got home to see wife-of had not planned anything for dinner, so had to cook dinner for family plus friend of daughter. Bed early.

Saturday...made pancakes and bacon on the outdoor griddle. Took family and friend of daughter to Caeser's head, table rock, and Asbury Hills. Stopped by Amici in Easley for lunch. First time at one and got a calzone. Was really good and will now try the one in Clemson. Great game Sat night...but loss stung. Glad we have an off week to get healthy. Glad we can get a rematch if we win out.

Sunday...slept in a bit. Took son-of to Waffle House, did some grocery shopping, watched a lot of NFL, Steelers still undefeated in an ugly win. Made some excellent Philly cheesesteak sammies on the griddle. Took ribeyes out of the freezer and let them thaw for about 30 minutes. Sliced paper thin. Think I got the seasoning mix of kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder right now...and did with sweet onions, red and yellow peppers and white american and provolone cheese. Was dang good. Watched the Saints beat the Brady's and secured a fantasy team win.

As I was reading the latest copy of Clemson World during pre-sleep poop, saw one of my friends I co-oped/lived with in Athens while at Clemson died in June. From some internet snooping, looks like it was a 2 year battle with cancer. Left behind a wife and 2 daughters in Arizona. That one hit home in a number of ways. Going for my next round of scans next week and I had already been a little nervous.

Give us a reminder about the scans next week.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:20 AM

I will give you some fresh P's at that time too, because they work better than stale ones.

Didn’t see the article, but I expect you’re talking about

Nov 9, 2020, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Good parts and bad parts... ]

KC... great guy and a good friend in college circa 1988-1991. Was a shock.

Never know when your time is up.

null

Yeah I am...

Nov 9, 2020, 11:38 AM

had lost touch with him a bit, but did connect a bit via linkedin. I didn't know he was sick.

He was a good guy. We co-op'd together in Athens for 3 semesters and lived together I think 2 of those semesters. We did a lot a week-night drinking, played in a darts league with old holiday inn lounge lizards, and saw a lot of good music together in Athens.

There wasn't an article per se, he was just listed in the Alumni Memorials list.

Meant to ask, do you know any details of his sickness?***

Nov 9, 2020, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Didn’t see the article, but I expect you’re talking about ]

I don’t. Was on a text thread with him and one of

Nov 9, 2020, 12:42 PM

our mutual friends about getting together last time we played in phx but it never came together. He must have been ill at the time but didn’t let us know.

null

Yeah, someone mentioned on the obit site that...

Nov 9, 2020, 12:58 PM

he had been fighting for 2 years. I'm assuming is was cancer, but don't know.

... and good luck to you***

Nov 9, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Good parts and bad parts... ]

null

you will not try the calzone at Amici in Clemson

Nov 9, 2020, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Good parts and bad parts... ]

because I think it is closed for good. They have a key lock box on the door and I would think they would have reopened already

I liked Amici in Clemson but it really did not get much of a crowd usually. Also liked Sidewall which was popular but that is definitely closed for good

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

It was better than OK, i guess.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:43 AM

Friday: Threw football with MfOjr., grilled steaks with mom, watched TV, read and bed.

Saturday: Worked a little, went above Denton to pick up some Sawtooth Oaks from Toms Creek Nursery with MfOjr. Watched and threw football, grilled wings and cooked for Clemson game. After game, played tickle with son, was kneed hard in the head, dizzy and nauseated spent part of night in bathroom throwing up.

Sunday: Worked a little, ate dinner with mom, played outside with jr. before taking to mom's. Watched some of race, hunted, grilled, worked on puzzle, read and bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

concussed?***

Nov 9, 2020, 8:52 AM

sounded like it. knocked the crap out of me.***

Nov 9, 2020, 10:05 AM

You were throwing up from a knee to the head?

Nov 9, 2020, 9:55 AM [ in reply to It was better than OK, i guess. ]

Would recommend seeing a medical professional, amigo. That's pretty serious stuff.

these threads always make me realize

Nov 9, 2020, 10:00 AM

how easy my life is and how it's basically 100% drama free and void of any insanity.

thanks guys!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

feeling a lot better today. It was a quite a blow.***

Nov 9, 2020, 10:06 AM [ in reply to You were throwing up from a knee to the head? ]

I hate

Nov 9, 2020, 9:00 AM

loosing. hth

Golfy

Nov 9, 2020, 9:11 AM

Fri - played golf with brother, acquaintance from Michigan, and his daughter in preparation for the Russ Brown memorial tournament in Hilton Head. Russ and my dad were big buddies, and both died from complications of leukemia (AML), so we have played in the event ever since the founding. Drive down to HHI, check in and head to Fosty Frog Cafe. Several beers and then back to condo for more beers, crash late.

Sat - brother and I both oversleep and barely make our tee time. Arrived just in time to head straight to first tee, so of course we both bogey the first hole. Took a double on 16. Ended up finishing 2 shots back of first. Pretty much sucked. Tournament dinner at Olde Oyster Factory was delicious as usual. Go to Callahan's to watch the rest of the game. Really good game but just never had a good feeling about pulling out the W as too many things were going wrong for us, and D couldn't stop them at the end (TWSS).

Sun - Grub at Skillet's, wife does some quick shopping, and head back to Shakin' Aiken. Go to Augusta to get my brain tickled, and pick up uniforms for Masters job this week. Test was uncomfortable but honestly was expecting it to be worse. Results negative, but not really surprising because pretty sure already had that shid back in late Dec, early Jan. Stop at World of Beer and have some blackened mahi tacos and a couple of beers. The mahi was excellent. Home and tired af. Crash early. Up early this morning to get the kid to school and here we are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

You and your brother overslept? *shocked-face.gif****

Nov 9, 2020, 9:18 AM

pretty focking sheety

Nov 9, 2020, 9:23 AM

Fri - weekly steak night. probably a top 3 steak of all time. ribeye cut that was tender AF. fronted the coin for Prime this Costco run and damnitboi it was on time. I'll put my steaks toe to toe with anyone. Had some mac and cheese and a salad w/ it. Only tick was we were out of wine.

Sat - woke up and got to work on getting my baseboards back installed. Lot of painting and ####. Putting them back on way easier than taking off.

not even talking about the game.

cooked burgers in same style as steaks. so damgood. still have some ground beef leftover from the local GA guy.

Sun - hungover as horseass. moved slow, ran errands with the wife, did a few more baseboards. wife cooks some southern living recipe chicken pasta bake thing that was amazeballs. world class sheet wrastlin.

slept like deekhole. stress level at an all time high. portfolio looking good tho b/c Fed gone Fed.

local pro tips.....

Nov 9, 2020, 9:31 AM

G's meats has the best ribeyes in town, but you'll pay for em. He also sells the best lump charcoal.

Kroger meat section has the thick cut black label bacon in the meat case for $4.99/pound. It's the best deal around. Get to know the tall goofy guy in the meat section...he's a good dude and is the only one who will grind up some brisket for burgers if you ask him.

preesh brah

Nov 9, 2020, 9:37 AM

driven by G's a few times but haven't checked em out yet. might do that when/if family comes up to see the new digs.

I usually give all my bidness to Publix b/c they're a customer and Kroger sold their soul to our German competitors. But I'll for sure check out their meat section. Driving 45 min to Costco is probably the only downside to our new living arrangement.

It does suck....I've just converted to Sam's, which

Nov 9, 2020, 9:39 AM

is about 80% of the Costco experience but like you said, no commute required.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 9, 2020, 10:11 AM

Friday - dinner with ms midland at local Mexican restaurant.

Saturday - trip to the dump (recycling center), worked in the garage, worked on one of the rental properties, trip to wives office to rearrange some furniture, watches our guys lose.

Sunday - laid on the couch all day.

9/10.

Message was edited by: midlandtiger®

Long but good...

Nov 9, 2020, 10:29 AM

Wednesday head out to Asheville in the evening. Arrive at GPI and have a couple of really expensive drinks. Head to bed and wife and I sheet wrassle.

Thursday, sleep late because first time with no baby in over two years. Fool around and head to breakfast and then spend the day walking around Asheville. Manage not to spend all the money. Had both lunch and dinner at the same place. One dollar oysters for lunch and burgers for dinner. Back to GPI for drinks and sleep.

Friday wake up and fool around and then hiked a bit. Hang out with some friends and then head to dinner which was meh, but free, so can't complain. Got back to GPI and had many drinks before going up to bed and crashing.

Saturday - fooled around then Milled about GPI until noon or so and then headed back to downtown Asheville. Witnessed a lot of people partying and honking horns all around town celebrating the Biden win. Headed out of town after a couple of beers and lunch. Got home and hit publix for sushi and some wings and mac and cheese for kids. Got home and ate and started drinking in earnest for the game. Watched game, drank more, was depressed briefly, then passed out on couch trying to watch SNL.

Sunday - down day because loss plus anxious about #### to do today at work, etc.

Basically it was a fantastic weekend from Wednesday night through kickoff of the game and then took a downturn.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome.

Nov 9, 2020, 11:35 AM

Friday: Took the day off and played golf, got 5 cubic yards of gravel delivered, and moved some stone in the afternoon.

Saturday: Focused on finishing up the piping from the downspout routing, got most of it done, required a lot of extra digging. Watched Clemson lose, not used to losing regular season games so I didn't like that feeling, but not overly sad because ball is still in our court to win out and rematch them with a healthy squad.

Sunday: Finished the piping and burying it, then had a few friends come over and help move the rest of the gravel.

Monday: Sore as hell, and just found out one of my favorite coworkers put in their notice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic