Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No part of me believes D Watson is committed to Clemson.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

No part of me believes D Watson is committed to Clemson.

Feb 12, 2013, 12:45 PM

I do believe he likes Clemson and is fully committed to Chad Morris. As Chad goes, so goes Watson.
Just my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Hardly your opinion

Feb 12, 2013, 12:46 PM

Watson has said he is connected to Morris. It's a pretty commonly known thing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh.. so much for that.

Feb 12, 2013, 12:49 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: .....so much for that.

Feb 12, 2013, 1:22 PM

I hope we do not base our entire '14 class on "Chad" and Watson. HELLO

We have another Chad that makes the concern not so great.

Feb 12, 2013, 1:26 PM

We will be fine with "the other Chad" at QB for 3 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of the recruits may not, but that kind of thing will

Feb 12, 2013, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: .....so much for that. ]

definitely have an affect on who we bring in recruit wise. Do you honestly think they all will stay if Morris leaves?

that's the case for most recruits***

Feb 12, 2013, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Hardly your opinion ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watson will likely stay with Clemson IMO

Feb 12, 2013, 6:02 PM

I think Watson will likely stay with Clemson even if Chad leaves.

*Watson wants to play in a spread offense. Clemson is the closest major school from Gainesville, Ga that runs the spread. NC State will also have a spread, but probably isn't on his radar yet. Texas A&M, Ohio State, and both Oklahoma's are the only other schools that run a similar spread.

*Chad is also impressed with Kelly's talent and abilities and work ethic. Kelly should know Morris' system by the time he steps into Boyd's shoes. The transition to Kelly should be pretty smooth. Jim Kelly has also bounced around the idea of bringing Chad's system to Buffalo.

*On the other hand, if Chad leaves, I think he can be replaced. Chad has also stated that there's a lot of talented coaches in Texas that can do what he does as an OC. Dabo also said this is a Clemson offense and not a Chad Morris offense.

Re: Watson will likely stay with Clemson IMO

Feb 12, 2013, 6:03 PM [ in reply to that's the case for most recruits*** ]

I think Watson will likely stay with Clemson even if Chad leaves.

*Watson wants to play in a spread offense. Clemson is the closest major school from Gainesville, Ga that runs the spread. NC State will also have a spread, but probably isn't on his radar yet. Texas A&M, Ohio State, and both Oklahoma's are the only other schools that run a similar spread.

*Chad is also impressed with Kelly's talent and abilities and work ethic. Kelly should know Morris' system by the time he steps into Boyd's shoes. The transition to Kelly should be pretty smooth. Jim Kelly has also bounced around the idea of bringing Chad's system to Buffalo.

*On the other hand, if Chad leaves, I think he can be replaced. Chad has also stated that there's a lot of talented coaches in Texas that can do what he does as an OC. Dabo also said this is a Clemson offense and not a Chad Morris offense.

We learned this recruiting season just passed that......

Feb 12, 2013, 1:42 PM

nobody's definitely committed until they return the signed LOI on NSD.

There's no way to tell what a player may do between now and next February.

Yeah right, like anyone would ever de-commit from Clemson

Feb 12, 2013, 1:59 PM

Would never happen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

My Mother de-committed once...Once...***

Feb 12, 2013, 2:11 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RN, is that you?

Feb 12, 2013, 2:44 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

At this point in the process,

Feb 12, 2013, 2:20 PM

very few "commitments" are truly committed. But, given the nature of the process, we will have to live for nearly a year with the next 1000 posts of folks discussing D. Watson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have to keep selling him Clemson

Feb 12, 2013, 2:21 PM

the weather, the girls, the education, the tradition, while at the same time showing him that there is a plan in place for if/when Morris leaves (my money is on Jeff Scott taking over at OC and running a very similar offense).

Jeff Scott isn't ready to run a BCS level offense***

Feb 12, 2013, 4:33 PM

He's been a college coach longer than Morris

Feb 13, 2013, 11:55 AM

If you can't learn an offense in 3 years, then I'm not sure you'll ever learn it.

I bet he is

Feb 13, 2013, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Jeff Scott isn't ready to run a BCS level offense*** ]

He's had 3 years to learn it and by all accounts he is very sharp.

While many like to divorce academics from football, I really believe Morris' degree in Math helps him. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't tracking the #s on opposing teams to figure out the best plays to run and when.

Like Morris, I believe Jeff has a degree in Math (Secondary Ed).

In addition to the Math itself I think an analytical mind coupled with good instincts and creativity is the perfect foundation for a good OC.

One day Morris will leave and I hope Jeff Scott gets a chance. If he does and he is good the chances are that he will stick around a long time.

No part of me is

Feb 12, 2013, 2:38 PM

concerned with any of it at the moment.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

At least his mom loves the place. That is a big plus***

Feb 12, 2013, 2:59 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love how people think they know Jeff Scott's coaching chops.

Feb 12, 2013, 4:41 PM

I've never quizzed him on a playbook, nor have I ever seen him call a single play. But you know what they say about assumptions.....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Goclemsontigs

Feb 12, 2013, 4:42 PM

That's what everyone said about Chad too.....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic