Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GoFundMe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 460

GoFundMe

Oct 15, 2015, 9:44 AM

great idea or lazy way for other people to pay your way?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It did not help me get

Oct 15, 2015, 9:44 AM

beer money for Austin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems okay to use it for unforeseen things

Oct 15, 2015, 9:56 AM

but if it is something that you have chosen it should be on you

I agree. I just wanted to see what being honest

Oct 15, 2015, 10:00 AM

got me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice guys finish last***

Oct 15, 2015, 10:21 AM

That is why I'm generally not nice.***

Oct 15, 2015, 10:26 AM

Speaking of GoFundMe, how about the Jounge standing up

Oct 15, 2015, 9:56 AM

for this:

My niece is trying to raise money for a mission trip to Uganda. She is a senior nursing student at Clemson and spent her summer in Africa providing medical care. Dean's list and her HS valedictorian.

Who can step up for a few bucks?

https://www.gofundme.com/ugandafca

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Who's Dan?

Oct 15, 2015, 9:57 AM

Can I get on his list?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wut?***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

She lost me at her very first word, which is misspelled.***

Oct 15, 2015, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Speaking of GoFundMe, how about the Jounge standing up ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well she's a nurse, not an English major.

Oct 15, 2015, 11:10 AM

But I'm sure you've never made a typo....

I was an bourbon major. If there was a dean's list for that

Oct 15, 2015, 11:24 AM

, I may have been on it, but I was nowhere near being valedictorian of my HS.

When begging for money, it is usually best if you present your case without distractions* like misspellings.

*allowable distractions include, but are not limited to, tittypics. These are encouraged.

I'd stand up for it but she needs some feedback

Oct 15, 2015, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Speaking of GoFundMe, how about the Jounge standing up ]

Tiddie pigs would really make me stand up. Poor kids...notsomuch.

wow, just wow

Oct 15, 2015, 11:49 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zambia? Formerly known as Myanmar. Is she an assassin?***

Oct 15, 2015, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Speaking of GoFundMe, how about the Jounge standing up ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I can understand it for some stuff

But I ain't helping pay for anyone's honeymoon or law school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I'm already marrried and I ended up not going to law

Oct 15, 2015, 10:03 AM

school, which was the original plan, but I could use some free money to upgrade the kind of car I'm currently looking for.

THANK MOTHRA THAT WAS NOT ON YOUR LIST OF EXCLUSIONS!!!!!!!!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am willing to fund 50% of your purchase

Oct 15, 2015, 10:09 AM

However, to be fair, I'd like to have the title in my name and the vehicle must be a late 70's Bronco. You will be required to fund the new paint job, and it must be orange. Also, only willing to consider Bronco's with working 4WD and a 351 motor. No junk.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know what I hate?

Oct 15, 2015, 11:39 AM

I hate when people put stipulations of free money.

THAT'S WHAT I HATE.

I'll fund a portion of your new vehicle if your new

Oct 15, 2015, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Well, I'm already marrried and I ended up not going to law ]

vehicle is also the tailgate box truck.

I'm looking at Craigslist every day for one of those.***

Oct 15, 2015, 11:28 AM

here is the situation that sparked the topic at our house

Oct 15, 2015, 11:01 AM [ in reply to I can understand it for some stuff ]

some people we know just adopted a baby.

they have now started a page trying to raise money to offset the adoption costs.

noble cause, but....

Yeah, that's just mooching in my opinion

Oct 15, 2015, 11:05 AM

You wanted to adopt the baby, accept the costs. I guess if they can get people to give them money, more power to them, but stuff like that makes people look sleazy to me.

that's the line of thinking that we had

Oct 15, 2015, 11:24 AM

of course we said, it would be horrible to discuss that with others in real life, so i came to the jounge to see if we are bad people, but apparently we fit right in.

I feel like about half of the population probably agrees

Oct 15, 2015, 11:35 AM

The other half only concerns themselves with "free money". People love when they don't have to pay for ####.

Nope, I'm right there with you.

Oct 15, 2015, 11:37 AM [ in reply to that's the line of thinking that we had ]

Adoption is definitely a noble cause, and I can certainly appreciate someone adopting, but why it's become so commonplace for fundraising to that end is beyond me. It's expensive to have a kid. P E R I O D. I knew that and accepted that responsibility when we decided to have a child, and I did not go looking for handouts from friends, family, the general public, or the government. ####, it's expensive to have a dog, and I didn't seek out any funding when I decided to get Tiger, either. I have a co-worker that has adopted two girls from China, and they did massive fundraising both times. In my mind, they conned a lot of idiots to help pay for them to go vacation in China for two weeks, twice. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY DID.

now, depending on the fundraising they did,

Oct 15, 2015, 11:41 AM

i can kinda get to some of it.

when people are making that choice and knowing it's expensive and they plan some sort of fundraising party or event and tell people what their cause is, i am little more open to it.

when they just spend 3 minutes typing a sob story and slapping it online, doesnt seem the same to me.

sort of like kids who got an allowance for being a brat and kids that got an allowance for doing chores.

How about, instead I offer to impregnate the wanna be mom?

Oct 15, 2015, 11:45 AM

I mean, that's a donation right?

#ACCFTS

Not even then is it OK in my book.

Oct 15, 2015, 11:47 AM [ in reply to now, depending on the fundraising they did, ]

You can adopt a child from right here in SC for less than $1000. If you choose to go to China, Russia, or even North Carolina, that should come out of your own ####### pocket.

PLUS, THAT'S JUST SKIRTING OUR STRINGENT IMMIGRATION LAWS.***

Oct 15, 2015, 11:48 AM

Whoa buddy

Oct 15, 2015, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Nope, I'm right there with you. ]

I can't afford three 24 pound bags of Blue Buffalo grain free dog food every month, how in the helll is my 120 pound rottweiler supposed to eat? He's got a grain allergy for christ sake! God almighty some people are SO judgemental. But you know what, God is good, and he'll see us through this. You will be judged one day for your refusal to help my cause.

Adopting through the state costs very little money.

Oct 15, 2015, 11:06 AM [ in reply to here is the situation that sparked the topic at our house ]

Did they get a designer kid?

actually an out of state kid***

Oct 15, 2015, 11:23 AM

Well, eff them then. If they HAD to have a child of their

Oct 15, 2015, 11:27 AM

same race or whatever criteria made them go out of state, and were willing to pay for that when making that choice, then they should be willing to pay for that now.

kid's from CO

Oct 15, 2015, 11:39 AM

comes with a medical card.

not really, but is african american while the parents are caucasian

Yeah, no thanks. I'll buy you a baby gift instead.***

Oct 15, 2015, 11:07 AM [ in reply to here is the situation that sparked the topic at our house ]

#ACCFTS

Probably a great idea in spirit but 99% lazy

Oct 15, 2015, 11:05 AM

I have a hard time with certain things.....

Like folks with no health insurance that get sick and get riddled with Dr bills. You know, the kind that don't have health insurance because they DID NOT WANT to pay the premiums.

I don't wanna pay them either, but I do to offset the liability of not paying them. Because insurance.

At least we have a law against that #### now.

Oct 15, 2015, 11:21 AM

I think individuals should do like people do on Kickstarter. Hey, I'd like some money for this. Give me $100 and I'll mow your lawn for 2 months. I won't bag the clippings though. $50 I'll was your car a couple of times. Etc etc.

I've said if I get the money to get the bar open, I'll then to a Kickstarter that offers shirts, beer mugs, free show tickets if it is a music venue like I want.

Deer friends and family

Oct 15, 2015, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Probably a great idea in spirit but 99% lazy ]

As many of you know, my husband Jacob was in a very serious ATV accident while riding illegally on private property drunk over the weekend. This has been very devastating for us, because as most know, we are very financially strapped at the moment after I was fired from my very stable fork lift driver job for testing positive for cocaine. We also are not sure how the DUI and trespassing charges are going to affect Jacob's disability payments, so it's been a double blow to our family. We honestly don't know how we are going to feed our children next week, and we're only two payments away from getting our 60" Vizio off of lay-away at Wal Mart.

On top of medical bills, we are also still making payments on Jacob's ATV he wrecked, and he really doesn't want to get rid of it. We hunt deer for food, and this is an integral part of our survival.

We only need to raise $90,000 for us to cover medical and legal costs, as well as making sure our children have something to eat. Remember guys, every dollar counts, so don't feel bad if you cannot donate more than $100 at a time.

God is Great, and we WILL get through this....with your help. God Bless

"Corinthians 4-12"

So this is or isn't a good time to start a gofund me to

Oct 15, 2015, 12:59 PM

smuggle my illegal alien cousins across the border?

If I started a gofundme for a lake house on Hartwell

Oct 15, 2015, 4:26 PM

that I wouldn't let most of of you sniff, would you stand up and donate?

I was NOT a valedictorian in anything, ever, and mostly, have finished near the last in everything I've ever done. I have generally gotten by with the least effort possible, in spite of my horrible personality.

Thank you for your assistance.

Replies: 40
| visibility 460
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic