Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
8 Team Playoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

8 Team Playoff

Dec 12, 2018, 12:15 PM

Maybe it's just me but I don't think there should ever be a switch to an 8 team playoff. The 4 team playoff was created to give the #3 team a chance to play for a NC. This year for example, we had 3 undefeated teams all of which deserve a chance at the title where the BCS system would have left 1 of those teams out. It's never been about the #4 team getting a chance but you have to have an even number for a playoff system. Now the #5 team wants a chance at the Natty?? Forget 6, 7 and 8.

Automatic bids for a conference champion doesn't make sense either. Let's say Pitt somehow beat Clemson in the ACCCG. 8-5 Pitt gets an automatic bid to the playoffs and leaves 12-1 Clemson at home?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im on with 8 -5 ACC champ pitt making it over 12-1 clemson

Dec 12, 2018, 12:18 PM

If that is the rule

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Go with regular season P5 champs and drop the CCG's,

Dec 12, 2018, 12:36 PM

plus the awful division structures needed for those that are bad for regular season schedules, and IMO the game of college football improves.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 8 Team Playoff

Dec 12, 2018, 12:40 PM

I can see your point....but I still wouldn't mind them eliminating one meaningless regular season game like a ga.southern this year to have an 8 team playoff with the top 4 seeds hosting the first round games on campus in mid December and then the 4 losing teams could still play in a new years six bowl game.....8 would be the absolute maximum though.

Dec 12, 2018, 12:43 PM

but I agree I don't know how a 7-5 pitt team should be allowed in even if they win their conference.the conference championship and at large situation would be the biggest debate.how to handle that.

Assuming you would give one at large to the G5, that's

Dec 12, 2018, 10:51 PM

would leave to at large spots for non conference champs, which would likely be CCG upset losers, or Notre Dame, if they were undefeated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 1:26 PM

To me it seems that the current schedule is tough enough. Adding a bunch more games would likely result in significantly more injuries. Doesn't seem worth the risk.

Marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = tiger michael = Reggaeman

Dec 12, 2018, 7:04 PM

56-35

I wouldn't consider 4 more games "a bunch more"!!***

Dec 12, 2018, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: 8 Team Playoff ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well then the 12-1 team

Dec 12, 2018, 9:59 PM

wasn't as good as thought, then, and doesn't belong. This isn't baseball. One game is plenty to determine who's best.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic