Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coaches are dropping the ball lately
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Coaches are dropping the ball lately

Dec 11, 2012, 7:15 AM

I have never been so disappointed in our coaches as I am right now. We are nearing signing day and instead of our class getting stronger, coaches are out interviewing and it really doesn't appear all that cohesive . I'm dead serious, these coaches need to get their acts together. Either leave now or get on video and and slam the door on all this speculation before they ruin our class. It's selfish and ridiculous .

We need to finish strong. Show a unified front. You don't just earn these millions on the field but in recruiting as well. This is a big part of the year for our program and its future.

And all u smart butts making wise cracks when fans show concern over all this , you guys can take a leap. Obviously you just don't care about the program. You are part of the problem. Some of you are part of the group still saying Bowden will fix everything when people with half a brain knew that wasn't gonna happen. How we all need to just relax and give the man time. Well, we gave him a decade and they even named a choke phrase after us. Nice.

Time for us to get on the ball. Saying chad Morris being in high demand is a good thing is junk . Glad people think he is a good coach but nothing about this is good for Clemson.

This is time to close the deal, not tossing doubt in everyone's mind. The coaches had no problem making 500 videos throughout the season so why not one now? Saying I havnt interviewed is a far cry from saying I'm not interested. Fact is, this is hurting us and we are about to pay for it come signing day. And when we don't sure up our d and lose many of our prized recruits, some idiot will b on here sun shining it to death about how we met our basic needs while Florida and others kick our butts all over the field some more. Wake up Dabo. Unreal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coaches are dropping the ball lately

Dec 11, 2012, 7:22 AM

"Wake up Dabo" ...and do what? What's he supposed to do about his assistant coaches being in demand and wanting to further their career (gasp)?

When I see a solid commit like Ryan Jenkins

Dec 11, 2012, 8:01 AM

...who was recruiting for us just days ago and is now wavering, I tend to agree with you.

https://twitter.com/Flash80Era/status/278323177879379968

And, then there's Demarcus Robinson tweeting Montravius Adams to come on to Florida.

Anyone who thinks this constant coaching carousel is not hurting recruiting has his or her head in the sand.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: When I see a solid commit like Ryan Jenkins

Dec 11, 2012, 9:07 AM

Looks like he just stated the fact that Tenn. offered to me. I do not see a waver.

his dad was a star there .. he's prolly excited to get the

Dec 11, 2012, 9:22 AM [ in reply to When I see a solid commit like Ryan Jenkins ]

offer ... doesn't mean he's wavering

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last time I checked

Dec 11, 2012, 7:26 AM

He gets paid millions to figure it out. I don't. But I'll tell you this, right now I don't see our recruiting responding at all to this mess. So I guess he better fix it before we are sitting here discussing how we just lost ten in a row to usuck. And that's a fact.

The DB recruits said they are committed to Clemson, not Coach Cheese***

Dec 11, 2012, 7:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Last time I checked

Dec 11, 2012, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Last time I checked ]

Yep we are the only school in America that other programs are interested in our coaches. Fact of the matter is it happens at every program worth its salt. Fsu had lost 2 coaches already and may lose a third. What is really amazing is all the time you must have taken to dream up this drivel. Our recruiting will be just fine just like it is every other year

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He also gets paid to recruit and you don't.***

Dec 11, 2012, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Last time I checked ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2012, 7:35 AM

Dabo probably wishes he were in demand elsewhere so he could leave the Clemson paranoia behind. Lets face it, we're in a sequel----it's called the Bowden Era II and we still have several years to go.

Spurrier can't live forever.***

Dec 11, 2012, 7:43 AM

Dec 11, 2012, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Coaches are dropping the ball lately ]

Dabo actually was mentioned as a possible candidate for the TN job, I think.

I like the sequel better. The first movie didn't contain a 10 win season, division championship, or conference championship. I know, I know, we beat a really crappy SCar team a bunch of times in the first one.

Makes you wonder when they find the time to focus on LSU?***

Dec 11, 2012, 7:39 AM

I want them to beat LSU

Dec 11, 2012, 7:46 AM

As bad as anyone but if he can't handle this then he needs to resign. He took this job and makes big money to win. Period. He is expected to coach and recruit and maintain the program in a respectable fashion. In quite certain they didn't say, "well Dabo, if u get too busy coaching, it's ok if you let your other responsibilities fall apart. " all the other high profile coaches face the same challenges. So he needs to figure it out. That's what we pay him to do. Other programs are picking up their recruiting about now, coming on strong and we are losing traction. Not good.

Re: Morris has actually done one interview

Dec 11, 2012, 7:47 AM

Others were rumors only. He has been in Clemson doing his job - prepping for LSU. Should Dabo fire him because of rumors?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

GET REAL..........................

Dec 11, 2012, 7:48 AM

Not a single one of you 'experts' have any idea what is going on with recruiting or interviews or game preparation so why don't you find some other way to amuse yourselves! Clemson does not need your input into running the athletic department.

Yes - we should be stealing Auburn's & UT's recruits

Dec 11, 2012, 7:53 AM

Not having our recruits change their minds at the minute. Coaching changes rarely happen. This is unprecedented.

I don't care if he buys him a new hat

Dec 11, 2012, 7:55 AM

And calls him Sarah. But we need to fix this recruiting slow fall. I sure havnt seen a lot if positives on it lately. One again. Why ask me for the answers? Is Clemson writing me a million dollar check to provide the answers? Is so, ill figure it out and start moving my stuff into an office on campus.

I'm stating a major issue. There is a reason our d sucks right now. Part coaching and part recruiting. But some of you seem content with this.

I expect Dabo to find the solutions. Cause right now, I don't see us picking up any recruits we desperately need but actually struggling to keep some .

Really ?

Dec 11, 2012, 7:59 AM

Well they sure dont mind our donations and when we buy tickets and merchandise. Which we have done for years and years. Without us there is no program. So yeah, we do have a right to input. You think if we all stopped buying tickets Dabo would have a job. No. So u get real. Fact is I'm seeing five in a row real soon IMO.

Finally someone with a brain

Dec 11, 2012, 8:04 AM

Thank you sir for speaking the truth.

Why would he say he's not interested?

Dec 11, 2012, 8:05 AM

Why would he not be interested? I would be interested if I were Morris.

Well Idc if he wants every job in America

Dec 11, 2012, 8:12 AM

He can interview for everyone on the planet and twice on Sunday. He can go down to Tt and have lunch five days a week but when a team is paying you too top dollar to perform then you need to manage things in a way that's not damaging to the program you represent. Last time I checked , recruiting was part of his fat check and right now he is hurting it, not helping. So he either needs to end it or stop making it so freaking obvious that he is hurting the program. There is a reason some coaches keep this stuff so secret. But I guess the chad, doesn't care about those things.

You're an idiot, and quit replying to your own post.***

Dec 11, 2012, 8:18 AM

I'm not replying to my own post

Dec 11, 2012, 8:23 AM

And I'm certainly not an idiot. I am hitting reply to comments but I'm on an iPhone and I guess if its showing I'm replying to my own posts then the webmaster has an issue to iron out. It has nothing to do with me .

Re: I'm not replying to my own post

Dec 11, 2012, 8:24 AM

Oh you have issues alright

What's a matter deroberts?

Dec 11, 2012, 8:28 AM

The truth must hurt. Obviously u don't like it when someone is right. U must think the coaches are doing great. I gotcha.

Well I made my point , I'm done for now

Dec 11, 2012, 8:34 AM

I guess we can just see how many recruits we can run off this week. I'm sure we can pick up some quality one stars before signing day and still be able to handle duke for a few years.

Go and tackle the day..

Dec 11, 2012, 8:37 AM

But be careful, you've already used your mulligan...

;)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dec 11, 2012, 8:36 AM

I myself, have never seen you NOT concerned or disappointed. If it is not playing the games, it is recruiting. If it is not recruiting, it is administration not performing. If it is not administration performance, it is coaching. If it is not coaching, it's players not performing. If it's not players, it is the latest scuttle butt.
Jeez, I think the AP and Reuters ought to use twitter and Facebook as primary news sources.

Dec 11, 2012, 9:01 AM

methinks young original needs to get a dog. lol

Oh I gotcha bobby

Dec 11, 2012, 8:48 AM

Just attack the person if you can't handle the argument. What a load. I could care less what u think of me. I say some good and some bad . As a fan, that's my right. I don't need your approval. And I don't care whether you agree with everything I say. I want our program to thrive and it's obvious over the years we have had too many that didn't get it done. We have now started a tradition if losing. Oh I know, two ten win seasons. But no ACC title this year and we lost to both decent teams we played. And another sc loss. Tell you what, why don't we just be content with that and tell every recruit we have that it's ok, we understand if they chose Florida . Some of you are the reason we will most likely get owned in the bowl game. Again. For clemsons sake we better not get embarrassed like last year or you just watch the recruits go bye bye. Don't say I didn't warn you

Tell 'em coot***

Dec 11, 2012, 8:51 AM

Dec 11, 2012, 9:06 AM

actually he is not out on the road recruiting, they are practicing for the bowl game. If he wants to interview for other jobs in the evening on the phone then he has that right. Besides he could fly to Texas after practice, interview and be home by dinner time.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic