Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sports society and society in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Sports society and society in

Feb 6, 2020, 11:33 PM

general are responsible for the Divas being created in college sports. And especially, football. Putting these kids on a podium so high . .when they are just kids. Azzbackwards / /no wonder they are so messed up. The Burch situation is just another. Certainly smells like a Diva situation and none better than when the parents allow it, or even participate. Any bets on how long until the meltdown?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s only going to get worse***

Feb 7, 2020, 12:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sports society and society in

Feb 7, 2020, 2:54 AM

It's not cordoned off at athletics either , American culture is in an unhealthy relationship with fame and the lust for notoriety .
If people who covet that deal can have their names in lights they'll do so and stop at nothing to get it .
Moving pictures and the rise of Hollywood set that path and we've consumed it voraciously for a hundred years now .
I'm as guilty of it as anyone , but I love the Clemson Tigers and I will continue to support them because right at the moment there's next to none of that " me culture " nonsense happening at CU .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Sports society and society in

Feb 7, 2020, 6:42 AM

Don't feed the monster by consuming it.

I have never been, or am remotely interested in what high schoolers are doing. How adults treat these kids is the problem. Case in point, my son was "stud" athlete in HS and the way some of the local adults sucked up to him and attempted to "get in" on his life was gross.

Everybody wants to be popular and be part of the "in crowd" these days. Unfortunately, many of those same people are mental midgets and/or simply overgrown teenagers who haven't a clue.

Who knows what's going on with the Burch situation.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, the only person on TNet that I’d suck up to is:

Feb 7, 2020, 8:54 AM

Joe21.

Saying, I’d march with him to Death Valley behind Tiger Band playing Tiger Rag, any day!

Oh, wonder how his book & title is coming along?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you are taking responsibility.***

Feb 7, 2020, 8:58 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic