Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jounge might find this mildly entertaining.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Jounge might find this mildly entertaining.

Jul 8, 2019, 1:01 PM

Have a fran (more of a fran of a fran) who lives in Hanahan. He's a US Marshal. Guy has stories for days, and you want to hear all of them. Went over to his house on the 4th to grill out and drank.

When we pulled up into the driveway, my buddy said "hey, that's his new work truck that I haven't seen yet."

Basically, "work" told him to go pick out a "construction truck", and to get whatever he'd need to make it authentic. So, F150 with Raptor package, ladder mounts, a cooler that looks like it just came off a shelf, a couple nice ladders that don't even have dirt on the feet, toolboxes, and an extension cord that is ziptied to one of the ladders--like, you can't use it without cutting the ziptie. He has hard hats in the back seat and a vest on the dash. He said he'll pull into hoods (and they're HOODS), and he'll get eyed a little because it's a truck the "critters" have never seen, but when he starts walking around houses with a vest, hard hat, and clipboard, and he's measuring windows, the critters get curious. He usually explains that they're looking at putting in new AC units, and he said people will spill EVERYTHING if they think they're getting a new AC or whatever.

Dropped the tailgate, and there's this:

$6,000 box with a couple drawers that typically have about $50K of gear in them. Long guns, pistols, ammo, vests, etc. One of the coolest things was this plastic briefcase that had a thing about the size of an old brick cellphone in it. When marshals have a house surrounded and presence known, and critters won't come out, two guys will approach the house, one with a shield, one with this "thing", which is basically a stethoscope. Put it up to a window, and it tells you if there's a heartbeat 7' away, or movement 16' away. Move from window to window, and you can triangulate exactly where each individual is in a house. Some serious spy shit.

We asked if marshals ever handle white collar crime--he said it's not too common. They tailed an attorney in MTP last year for some charge, pulled him over, and the guy started with the "Do you know who I am?" routine. He said they won't dignify those with any kind of response, but when that card is played, you will undoubtedly be left in sight for much longer than necessary. He said the guy leaned on the car handcuffed for passing MTP traffic for over 20 minutes while they "did paperwork and made calls." Lulz.

Anyway, your tax dollars at work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad we could pay for this mans tricked out vehicle.***

Jul 8, 2019, 1:04 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's cool that he handles pest removal also***

Jul 8, 2019, 1:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

nice***

Jul 8, 2019, 1:25 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess the ATF gets all the cool seizure vehicles

Jul 8, 2019, 1:22 PM

So the marshals have to buy them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Pigs of the undercover guy's house and truck, huh?

Jul 8, 2019, 2:37 PM

Might be good form to delete the pigs.

Cool story, probably won't read again tho***

Jul 8, 2019, 3:36 PM

thass a good story an Ima let you finish,

Jul 8, 2019, 3:46 PM

But that truck’s about 30-40k from a Raptor. That’s a $35k F150 XL with $600 in Pep Boys wheels on it. If I hadn’t seen your name beside the post and read the story, I would have assumed H8N was showing us his new smoke detector inspection truck.

I enjoyed the post though, and I offer my sincere apologies for being that guy. Jah bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mostly just overstated due to laziness.

Jul 8, 2019, 4:21 PM

It has the Raptor bumper, and....that may be about it.

In my world, that's RAPTOR PACKAGE, BABY.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might be a brilliant marketer and not even know it.

Jul 8, 2019, 5:08 PM

Like if you went to McDonalds and said "Give me a number 3 with a Diet Coke", and they say "would you like to Raptor package it?"....are you telling me you're gonna say no to that? Me neither.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I got a Secret Service agent down the street

Jul 8, 2019, 4:19 PM

And an FBI agent between his house and mine.

Secret service guy will never divulge his job, only that he works in "Federal Law Enforcement". FBI guy's above board. Of course the Secret Service dude has a wife, who is in the PTA and neighborhood women's social club, so we all know all about him. He rotates on and off Presidential detail, or used to when Obama was Pres anyway. He goes to DC for long periods of time.

I'll see him running about 5-10 miles from his house sometimes. He honestly acts like he thinks people don't know, which is pretty funny because people already know and act like they don't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unless he wears a cool hat like Raylan Givens

Jul 8, 2019, 4:27 PM

then I dont care!

POS XL w/ aftermarket bumper and wheels

Jul 8, 2019, 6:09 PM

And it looks like Pep Boys threw up on it.

That thing is WT as ####.

Re: Jounge might find this mildly entertaining.

Jul 8, 2019, 7:40 PM

No sheet man. I am running through downtown Minneapolis today and I standing at the corner waiting on the light (and dying from exhaustion) and a normal regular Cadillac Escalade pulls around the corner in front of me and then nonchalantly they flip the lights on and 6 swat dudes jump out (calmly) in full efffing riot gear and go into an apartment high rise.

No idea what that was about but it was cool to see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to check out Day Block brewing.

Jul 8, 2019, 11:20 PM

Last time I was in there they had killer beers and they had bacon flights on the menu.

Re: You need to check out Day Block brewing.

Jul 8, 2019, 11:22 PM

Ate at Red Cow and it was amazing.
Now at Zelo (?) I think. Unreal selection.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic