Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I guess it’s like this. We have our good days. We have our horrible days
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

I guess it’s like this. We have our good days. We have our horrible days

Apr 15, 2019, 10:35 AM

We seem to be improving then we take a step back. Then we show signs of improvement again and take another step back. There’s potential there but also misfires. We just need that one good day when we’re in the winners bracket regional game vs whatever sec team we play this year. A couple weeks ago I asked the board if we should take alot out of the Louisville series and the answers were pretty spot on. It’s just another weekend and it simply shows what we’re capable of but not what we are going to consistently do. This past weekend needs to be treated like just another weekend then even though it showed how bad we can really be. Can we play this bad again Tuesday? I vote no

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just have a gut feeling that by seasons end

Apr 15, 2019, 10:43 AM

we will be a scrappy and very good baseball team.

Re: I just have a gut feeling that by seasons end

Apr 15, 2019, 10:50 AM

We just gotta pick up each other up. This weekend guys were prob looking around at each other wondering who’s going to get the big hit? Who is going to make the big pitch? I think one thing going on (I wouldn’t call it a problem) is The freshman and sophomore‘s are better than veterans so the veterans are basically out of it mentally and not there to lead the young guys because they’ve been passed by and it’s a hard pill to swallow. Young players are going to be inconsistent and they have to have guys they can look to for help in the situations but who do they look to? Jordan green? No. Basically Wilkie Davidson and Byrd are the three and all of their averages have dropped significantly. It’s a weird situation but this is why next year and the year after I think we are Omaha bound

And WHY are we looking for the BIG HIT?? How 'bout just a

Apr 15, 2019, 12:14 PM

little hit to get a runner in from 3rd with only one out?? That alone would increase the win total by at least 4.
Been watching the Braves again this year choke up on the bat and change strategy with each at bat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And WHY are we looking for the BIG HIT?? How 'bout just a

Apr 15, 2019, 12:35 PM

That is what i mean. A big hit is just a hit in a big situation. I don't mean "big" as in "bomb"
That's the problem we have is trying to hit the bomb.

/\ Like /\

Apr 15, 2019, 6:27 PM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Glad to see someone POST & then answer!

Apr 15, 2019, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I just have a gut feeling that by seasons end ]

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: I guess it’s like this. We have our good days. We have our horrible days

Apr 15, 2019, 11:15 AM

You know what’s going to happen

Apr 15, 2019, 11:55 AM

Nobody can say they know what is going to happen. This is especially true for this baseball team.

Apr 15, 2019, 2:47 PM

Well I will say this it’s a different team so I guess we can hope for different results down the stretch.
I didn’t expect a CWS team this year but I would like to see them getting better . At one time this year we had 6-7 300 batters in the lineup. Something is wrong when the whole team slumps every year at the same time. The problem is once we start playing teams that have worked out their kinks . We are not good enough to beat well coached quality teams. Just maybe we can win 12-13 more and get hot late for a change.

sign of a young team.

Apr 15, 2019, 12:04 PM

Young teams are like puppies; you pat them on the head and they will pee on the carpet. When I was a umpire doing a Clemson game, Jack Leggett told me that "baseball is a simple game of throw and catch made difficult by young people". No truer words have ever been spoken.

Re: sign of a young team.

Apr 15, 2019, 12:39 PM

Monte absolutely has to develop these young group of players. We haven't seen the development at all thus far. If he can't develop this group by next season......

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic