Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
general comment on TV network coverage these days
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

general comment on TV network coverage these days

Sep 18, 2015, 8:50 AM

this is probably a product of the "reality TV" generation......notice that during games - ANY game, not just Clemson - after a big play, the producer/cameramen now focus on shots of the upset, downtrodden fan, not the happy fans celebrating?

This is really wrong, in my opinion. Any poor soul in the stands can now instantly become a national laughingstock. They did it constantly last night to both Clemson and Louisville fans. And like I said, happens every game now. Makes me glad I don't sit down low at games.

I think that is really poor form by networks, intentionally humiliating people on live TV. Show the exciting side of sports, people celebrating, not the frustrated ones.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad they didn't have a camera in my Den last night ...

Sep 18, 2015, 9:04 AM

Quite a few entertaining shots including one of me falling to the floor, emotionally drained, after the final interception to seal the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

same for me... I was screaming and pacing back and forth***

Sep 18, 2015, 9:27 AM

Re: general comment on TV network coverage these days

Sep 18, 2015, 9:41 AM

It sounds silly but I have intentionally changed the way I react in the stands when the other team does something celebration-worthy. I try not to cross my arms or look too worried or pi$$ed off, lest a camera find me. My seats in Death Valley are just above the visiting section so there's always a chance I'll get spotted in the background. I don't want to look like I just ate a sh!t sandwich, even if the team just did.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic