Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Celtic...probably won't like this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Celtic...probably won't like this

Jun 19, 2015, 10:13 AM

For the 7th straight year, the best beer in America is…

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102771210

The craft beer industry may be a hotbed of innovation, but one beer continues to reign supreme above them all in an annual poll among homebrewers.

For the seventh year in row, Russian River Brewing Co.'s Pliny The Elder has taken the top spot in Zymurgy magazine's vote of best commercial beers. Pliny the Elder is a Double IPA with alcohol by volume of 8 percent.

"I say it every year, but we really are honored and humbled. There are so many great beers out there," Vinnie Cilurzo, co-founder and brewmaster of Russian River, told the American Homebrewer's Association, which publishers the magazine.

Read More Beer comes of age in New York as state gets its own ale
Zymurgy asked AHA members to vote for up to 20 of their favorite beers among any commercial beer available for sale in the Unites States. More than 19,000 votes were received for almost 6,000 different beers and from 1,763 breweries in the online poll.

While Russian River continued to rule in the top spot, Michigan-based Bell's Brewery was the only brewery to place two beers in the top 10: Two Hearted Ale at No. 2 and Hopslam Ale at No. 7.

Though much of the top 10 stayed the same as in 2014, Three Floyds Brewing Co.'s Zombie Dust (No. 8) and Firestone Walker Brewing Co.'s Wookey Jack (No. 10) were new entrants to the top 10 this year.

1 Russian River Pliny the Elder
2 Bell's Two Hearted Ale
3 Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
4 Stone Enjoy By IPA
5 Founders Breakfast Stout
6 The Alchemist Heady Topper
7 Bell's Hopslam Ale
8 Three Floyds Zombie Dust
9 Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
10 Firestone Walker Wookey Jack

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad for Bell's, but 2-Hearted ahead of Hopslam?***

Jun 19, 2015, 10:35 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

I like Two Hearted a lot but was surprised it was that high

Jun 19, 2015, 10:38 AM

Also, apparently I need to try that Russian River Pliny the Elder

Jump a plane to California. They're pretty easy to come by

Jun 19, 2015, 10:51 AM

in the correct stores.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 Hearted is probably my favorite, accessible example of

Jun 19, 2015, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Glad for Bell's, but 2-Hearted ahead of Hopslam?*** ]

an American IPA (I've had a few that are better, that can't be had without selling firstborn). Hopslam is great, but I'm done with it after one of them, kinda like a bloody mary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you had this one?

Jun 19, 2015, 10:41 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: 2 Hearted is probably my favorite, accessible example of

Jun 19, 2015, 11:00 AM [ in reply to 2 Hearted is probably my favorite, accessible example of ]

I have a Hopslam every month or two. I think they'd get old pretty quick if I drank them more often.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

I haven't been a regular beer drinker for several years now,

Jun 19, 2015, 10:37 AM

and I've had 8 of those 10. I find that odd.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should be even***

Jun 19, 2015, 10:39 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

I think the "commercially available" is the key phrase***

Jun 19, 2015, 10:42 AM [ in reply to I haven't been a regular beer drinker for several years now, ]

I've been a regular beer drinker for the past 10 years or

Jun 19, 2015, 10:54 AM [ in reply to I haven't been a regular beer drinker for several years now, ]

so now, and I've never had any of those beers. I don't find that odd, because they probably cost more than $13 a case.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Case of Heady Topper is $72

Jun 19, 2015, 11:16 AM

But they are 16 oz cans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, that's about 6 cases of Keystones

Jun 19, 2015, 11:18 AM

If you factor in a couple of casualties per case.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you drink Keystone, just for the price ?

Jun 19, 2015, 1:22 PM [ in reply to I've been a regular beer drinker for the past 10 years or ]

interdast

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's certainly a factor

Jun 19, 2015, 1:49 PM

An ice cold Keystone on a hot day is also quite refreshing.

Sheesh....

Jun 19, 2015, 12:50 PM

Only one stout and FBS is 6th? No Prairie BOMB!?

#shame

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually that's a darn good list and I'd ......

Jun 19, 2015, 1:20 PM

love any of them in my fridge. I'd rank them a bit different though.

1. Alchemist Heady Topper
2. Russian River Pliny the Elder
3. Three Floyds Zombie Dust
4. Bell's Hopslam Ale
5. Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
6. Bell's Two Hearted Ale
7. Stone Enjoy By IPA
8. Firestone Walker Wookey Jack
9. Founders Breakfast Stout
10.Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

My top ten list would include the first four.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic