Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs NC State prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Nov 5, 2010, 12:28 PM

The Wolfpack enter the contest ranked 23rd in the AP poll and 25th in the USA Today poll, but the Tigers have won six consecutive games in the series. That streak is the longest the Tigers currently have over any ACC foe. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hey hey finally a none orange colored glasses pick***

Nov 5, 2010, 12:33 PM

I think that would be something more like 31-14 wolfpack***

Nov 5, 2010, 1:07 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

special teams even??

Nov 5, 2010, 12:35 PM

not buying that based on what we've seen. Advantage NCS sadly

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson vs NC State prediction

Nov 5, 2010, 12:41 PM

Every team in america has the advantage on us when were on offense. Our pass offense is #91 rush offense is #41 and missing its playmaker. That area needs to go to the pack D, even if they are not very good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, all signs point to serious problems on offense.

Nov 5, 2010, 12:44 PM

But, hey... this is Clemson. We are known to freak out in a positive way just as much as we are known to freak out and choke. No matter how down we are, don't forget what Clemson is capable of at home. Even in our crappy years we have been known to smack the s*** out of opposing teams in Death Valley.

I am just showing up to the game with blind faith, and hoping that we can come away with a win. I still want a W no matter what has happened so far this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, all signs point to serious problems on offense.

Nov 7, 2010, 9:49 AM

I'm with you on that. I ain't quittin'. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which Clemson team will show up?

Nov 5, 2010, 12:42 PM

I would not be surprised if Clemson wins or loses this week. Throwing darts in the dark is an appropriate illustration. Which Clemson team will show up? Hopefully, the team that played Auburn and GT will be back. It's anybody's guess.

Re: Which Clemson team will show up?

Nov 5, 2010, 12:45 PM

J. Harper and Nuke Hopkins have a breakout game. Clemson D locks down Wilson's run attack.

Clemson 24
NC State 21

Spoken like an experienced Clemson fan.

Nov 5, 2010, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Which Clemson team will show up? ]

Who the heck knows? The only clue we have is that when things are down and we are depressed, we have a better chance of winning. When we still have hope for something great... we choke. Who knows anymore? Maybe we are cursed too.

We need to start being able to make two predictions

Nov 5, 2010, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Which Clemson team will show up? ]

One prediction for Jekyll, and one prediction for Hyde.

The football team, probably***

Nov 5, 2010, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Which Clemson team will show up? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stopped reading...

Nov 5, 2010, 12:48 PM

when he said EVEN about our "offense" vs. their D.

Our offense MIGHT be up to the task of even against Wake. Might. All the rest of these games it's Advantage: Bad Guys.

their D is really bad though

Nov 5, 2010, 12:54 PM

at least on par with GT's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you take AE out of our offense...

Nov 5, 2010, 12:56 PM

what's left?
Harper dancing in the backfield, a QB who can't accurately deliver the ball, and WR's who are great except when it comes to catching, blocking, or running routes.

And NC States D stood up pretty well against FSU. Granted, it might have been their superbowl... but their defense isn't as bad as it was last year.

WE are behind 24-21. 2 min 2nd and goal to goal Parker rolls

Nov 5, 2010, 12:55 PM

back 15 yards. Falling backwards. Parker throws the ball straight up in the air. The ball comes straight down and hits him in the nads. Bounces off his nads and into a NCST player in full stride for a TD.
Game over

...and Georgia Tech shows up and somehow wins the game from

Nov 5, 2010, 1:05 PM

2 weeks ago.

on a holding call by Ron Cherry!!***

Nov 5, 2010, 1:08 PM

That actually just stressed me out.***

Nov 5, 2010, 1:11 PM

NC State by 24***

Nov 5, 2010, 1:25 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

When Clemson Has the Ball - EVEN??????

Nov 5, 2010, 1:29 PM

Really?

NCSt will load the box and Harper's happy feet wont get anywhere. Parker has shown he can't throw. I cannot see how this is 'EVEN' and not 'ADVANTAGE NC STATE.'

We managed a whole 3 points against an 0-4 ACC opponent. You think this offense gets better without Ellington? LOL.

Glad T-Net can finally admit opponents' coaching advantage!

Nov 5, 2010, 2:16 PM

Early on, I think T-Net was afraid to anger the Dabo-fans and so on coaching he had the advantage as:
Auburn- Even. (Are you kidding me? Malzahn vs. Napier alone should have swung that one to Auburn.)
Miami- Even. (Ditto but with Whipple vs. Napier)
UNC- "Right now" UNC. (Getting honest but afraid to anger Dabo fans so he adds a "Right now" qualifier.)
UMD- "Right now" UMD. (Ditto.)
GT- Advantage GT. (Finally an honest evaluation. Of course PJ out-coached Dabo 3 straight.)
BC- Advantage Clemson. (Total illogic used. Cites BC injuries. Doesn't acknowledge CU's coaches' inexperience.)
NCSU- Advantage NCSU. (Another honest evaluation.)

It's a good sign that T-Net is either finally recognizing that our coaches are weaker in coaching, game-planning, play-calling, and game-day coaching (but not recruiting) than most of our opponents' coaches or that they're finally willing to admit it. The first step in solving a problem is admitting it.

Re: Glad T-Net can finally admit opponents' coaching advantage!

Nov 5, 2010, 4:22 PM

Will Bot and Tdp admitt it ?

Re: Glad T-Net can finally admit opponents' coaching advantage!

Nov 5, 2010, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Glad T-Net can finally admit opponents' coaching advantage! ]

Razz, I agree with so much of what you post, and I don't disagree that our coaching is lacking, but games are won in the trenches, and our offense is so poor because we have not been able to line up against a soul and open a hole for a back to run through. What our backs have gotten has been on their sheer talent. It isn't just on coaching, but also on toughness and an OL being able to whip the DL. I will say that may be coaching, because it's been going on since BS took it over. Get the OL fixed, and the rest may surprise all of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our coaches are weak, period.

Nov 5, 2010, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Glad T-Net can finally admit opponents' coaching advantage! ]

The stark, glaring inconsistency of this team is a testament to weak coaching of very good talent. It's a shame, really, and lots of us are confounded by it. I'm amazed that so many of you just accept it so meekly and actually expect it to change with this bunch. Suckers!

LOL 8-0 'till now huh?***

Nov 5, 2010, 3:31 PM

I may be in the minority

Nov 5, 2010, 4:14 PM

But I actually think Hood's predictions have been pretty good. A lot better than some of the posters here. I saw a poster last week tell him his predictions were horrible after the BC game. LOL, I would have to go back and look to see who it was, but I am sure that same poster predicted BC to beat us....yeah. He was angry about the game, so he took it out on Hood, amazing.

Before the start of the games, I would have disagreed on two of his predictions. Take into account I am strictly talking predictions, and not the actual evaluation. Sometimes I read the whole thing, sometimes, I only have time to scan over the "advantage" part of it. I would have disagreed with picking us to beat Auburn, even though we did beat them everywhere but the scoreboard, so he was almost right on that one. I would have picked a win over UNC. He was right on that one, though. I RARELY ever make predictions, college football, and Clemson especially are just too unpredictable to even try and predict. I am not making any predictions for the game tomorrow. If Ellington turns out to be out the rest of the year, we are in big trouble, he's about all we have/had on offense. The rest of the season is going to be totally up to our defense. Not only are they going to have to play well, they are going to have to start forcing some turnovers. I don't even think three and out and forcing a punt will be good enough. I think NC State is a miniature version of Auburn, very similar in strengths and weaknesses. It just depends on who shows up, and who gets the early momentum. But, NC State has proven they can come from behind, so I certainly will not get excited if we jump out to a 21-0 lead.

I've seen this movie many times. Clemson by 2 TDs.

Nov 5, 2010, 6:58 PM

Clemson bounces back to beat an overrated NC State team that had a game given to them by Florida State. At home, I see Clemson coming out fired up.

my prediction is that your prediction record falls to a

Nov 5, 2010, 9:40 PM

losing record tomorrow. This is a statement game, and the Tigers are capable of winning, though it will be close.
Clemson 27, NC St 24

We need to add a "talent" category before "coaching"

Nov 5, 2010, 10:10 PM

Then we might see a trend in our talent advantage vs their coaching advantage.

Here are links to weekly talent comparisons of CU & opponent

Nov 6, 2010, 2:04 AM

Following is a comparison of the recruiting rankings for Clemson and each of its big-league opponents this season based on Rivals & Scout evaluations. Clemson recruited superior talent to NCSU, BC, GT, & UMD, and nearly equal talent to UNC, Miami, & Auburn. So Clemson lost to all 3 teams of equivalent talent, and one team (BC) with inferior talent. Clemson's coaches are clearly top notch recruiters, and inferior the other aspects of coaching.

NCSU vs. Clemsonhttp://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2010/11/3/1792747/clemson-and-nc-state-recruiting-comparison

BC vs. Clemsonhttp://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2010/10/26/1774489/recruiting-comparison-clemson-and-boston-college

GT vs. Clemsonhttp://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2010/10/18/1757146/recruiting-comparison-clemson-and-georgia-tech

UMD vs. Clemsonhttp://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2010/10/12/1745575/clemson-maryland-recruiting-comparison

UNC vs. Clemsonhttp://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2010/10/4/1728503/clemson-and-north-carolina-recruiting-comparison

Miami vs. Clemsonhttp://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2010/9/27/1705363/clemson-and-miami-recruiting-comparison

Auburn vs. Clemsonhttp://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2010/9/17/1695669/clemson-and-auburn-recruiting

Re: Here are links to weekly talent comparisons of CU & opponent

Nov 6, 2010, 8:59 AM

Razz-

I have been posting for weeks that the clear marker in the wins & losses for the Tigers is mediocre, coaching in most every facet of the team. The only two areas I would give a passing grade would be:
1-Tailback
2-D-Line

THAT'S IT.

CU-17 NCSU-31

I still love my Tigers, but I am not believing all the Orange Ink, Excuses...for THIS late in a season! The Coaching Staff MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!

Re: Clemson vs NC State prediction

Nov 5, 2010, 10:50 PM

State 32 CU 17

Re: I was glad to see Tigernet and TI.com pick NC State!***

Nov 8, 2010, 8:22 AM

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic